Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can ICOs come back in the game?  (Read 1557 times)
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:28:08 PM

Correct, Initial Exchange Offerings have really taking over the token sale services to the public. But what if some technology will give us something like Decentralized tokensale? We can view what is going on and the project is reputable, have great marketing and good idea, maybe it could bring it back.

I am thinking of something, DeFi has many possible services like this, found on binance blog.
Currently, the three largest functions of DeFi are:

Creating monetary banking services (e.g., issuance of stablecoins)
Providing peer-to-peer or pooled lending and borrowing platforms
Enabling advanced financial instruments such as DEX, tokenization platforms, derivatives and predictions markets

What if DeFi can make something like, Decentralized Tokensale? That's a game changer I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toracee

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:30:09 PM

I don't think ICO will be able to come back in the game because of a lot of fraud that has taken place in the past years. A lot of investors lost money and a result reduced the massive adoption of crypto. Most of those investors will not like to come back and invest except there is a drastic action to regulate ICO.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:31:50 PM

In recent fundraising the strategy is improving and we have seen some successful fundraising without the ICO strategy. Though more private sales is coming up with lower capital, few IEO raised to the contrary. Some delayed projects are getting listed and some old failing projects delisting. This delist could give opportunity to improved ideas by listing awaiting coin, swapping of coin for new project coin. I feel there will be improved form of fundraising towards the year end

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:34:56 PM

Why would you want them to?

There's an absolute fuckton of shitcoins already, we don't need anymore overhyped projects that do nothing but ruin a bunch of noobie traders.

If you want ICOs to come back so you can make a ton of money from shitcoins, then there's no need for that.

There's plenty of altcoins already pumping right now, just check out some of the small, and micro-cap coins. We've seen a bunch do 10x, 20x, and even more in the last few weeks.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:40:56 PM

Maybe implementing standards like IEO is realistic, but there are other factors that must be done including selecting ICO candidates who will launch publicly, where there must be one team that provides close supervision so there is no more ICO that scams and destroys the market. so the most important thing is the formation of teams for each forum in order to avoid an ICO that is indicated as a scam

even they use their real identity it doesn't mean they will not going to be scam the hard truth is those who use real identity receive a lot of funds from investors. since they believe that using real identity will make them looks  legitimate and they can easily fool people to believe in them  and promise more good things on the project they are building.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:53:03 PM

ICO is now out of date method where there is a huge chance of scam by scammer team after collecting fund. Hence, IEO is a safer way than ICO. Here investors fell safe to invest and they get tokens instantly where in ICO , they can be cheated in the name of later token payment. I personally like IEO than ICO.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:06:58 PM

ICO is now out of date method where there is a huge chance of scam by scammer team after collecting fund. Hence, IEO is a safer way than ICO. Here investors fell safe to invest and they get tokens instantly where in ICO , they can be cheated in the name of later token payment. I personally like IEO than ICO.
not true as far as i know you will get your coins the same day or the same time after you pay if your an investor of an ico but only most ico coins are not yet listed , that means you cant sell your coins yet but whats the point of investing when you are only going to sell your assets imediately  .  ico isnt out of date and theres no such thing as out of date .

its like you are saying that btc is out of date too just because its created first
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:12:56 PM

As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
Still some ICOs are raising millions in few minutes but its very rare compared to the year 2017 and I don't find any reason for ICOs to raise again because people lost trust on it then how they will be ready to invest on it again.IEOs are also over, only promotion from reputed exchanges are raising funds other than that all others are just the failure.
Any project intending to do ICO to raise money now must have gone through rigorous means to look for investors before start thinking of ICO because without that, it is very slim to get softcap with ICO. IEO will continue to be reputable as long as it is being done on big exchange that have history of not promoting scam exchange while those platforms that are mere a crowdfunding platform will continue to be subject of intense query
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:18:14 PM

sales progress in the form of new crypto is increasingly sophisticated examples like IEO and STO in terms of clarity IEO and STO have 75% to get profit
so little hope ICO can win over the hearts of investors again

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:45:02 PM

ICO is coming back gradually and IEO seems to be disappearing gradually, reason being that the sentiment has changed and with the success of DIA you don't really need a centralized exchange when you can list on DEX with no fees all you need is the right incentives for people to hold your tokens and do liquidity mining

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:47:29 PM

I don't belive that ICO will be ever in the same level as in the 2017-2018, the best projects prefer IEO nowdays because it is guarantee listings for them on good exchange. We have some exceptions like Avalanche but such projects very small amount.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:53:03 PM

Correct, Initial Exchange Offerings have really taking over the token sale services to the public. But what if some technology will give us something like Decentralized tokensale? We can view what is going on and the project is reputable, have great marketing and good idea, maybe it could bring it back.

I am thinking of something, DeFi has many possible services like this, found on binance blog.

Enabling advanced financial instruments such as DEX, tokenization platforms, derivatives and predictions markets

What if DeFi can make something like, Decentralized Tokensale? That's a game changer I guess.
This DeFi hype will definitely be going to make ethereum super inflated in price along with the ongoing bull market, but it is surely possible to make a decentralized token sale with the ethereum smart contracts, currently the IEO hype is going on and when this ends there would surely be a DeFi token sale making the ICO a rudimentary thing of the past which will not be scamming the innocent investors no more. But right now there is still slight possibility for the acceptance of ICO for decent projects that are loved by the community as well.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 05:03:30 PM

Actually ICO can come back anytime, but only come back. For sure it depends on investors. I believe ICO can still produce, if the project is really good from the team, products, tokens, and others. Investors will definitely take advantage of that, even though the ICO opportunity isn't that big right now.

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2020, 07:00:56 PM

As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
Obviously nothing can survive with high percentage of scams and i totally agree with you that there should be some registration and regulation process for everyone looking to raise funds via ICO just like in an IPO full paperwork NOCs and other documentation work is required and then green signal for ipo is issued by relevant authorities i think same should be done with icos otherwise they will become absolete and IEO trend will continue because people trust top exchanges because they list a project only after proper due diligence and expert analysis.

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:11:38 PM

The solution from my eyes is to have a body that can checkmate ICO platforms, maybe that falls as regulation but there is need for a check on them . Maybe by having them escrow token for bounty hunting and that can work in this forum because there are BM who are escrowing ieos tokens.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:46:34 PM

This DeFi hype will definitely be going to make ethereum super inflated in price along with the ongoing bull market, but it is surely possible to make a decentralized token sale with the ethereum smart contracts, currently the IEO hype is going on and when this ends there would surely be a DeFi token sale making the ICO a rudimentary thing of the past which will not be scamming the innocent investors no more. But right now there is still slight possibility for the acceptance of ICO for decent projects that are loved by the community as well.
Yeah, I guess so it's possible but we need a reputable defi project to run it. If none reputable platform maybe no one will trust it for sure. Upon looking on coinmarketcap Chainlink is the Top one defi project base on marketcap, Chainlink network provides tamper-proof inputs which means more secure, we will see in the coming months or years if we will be having that kind of tokensale.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 10:54:59 PM

ICO projects are not dead already, only it happens that more people are very disappointed with it because of its bad performance since most ICO are just scam/fake. Investors suffered big losses when they invest last 2017 and that makes them ignore ICO and keep IEO at this time.

There is only one thing that ICO should have to acquire in order to get back the trust of the people/investors is to show their market potentiality. If the devs will show something that can attract attention with the investors, it will also give a reason for them to trust back.

TBH, I was a victim this ICO investment but I was still looking for the betterment of it on the future.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 11:07:42 PM

The solution from my eyes is to have a body that can checkmate ICO platforms, maybe that falls as regulation but there is need for a check on them . Maybe by having them escrow token for bounty hunting and that can work in this forum because there are BM who are escrowing ieos tokens.
It has become the responsibility for anyone who wanna try to invest in the ico. The ico has been going back to the game since last year and everyone must see how so many new icos can even reach their hardcap even in a few seconds. I think everyone is really familiar with avalanche ico.

ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 11:31:00 PM

It has become the responsibility for anyone who wanna try to invest in the ico. The ico has been going back to the game since last year and everyone must see how so many new icos can even reach their hardcap even in a few seconds. I think everyone is really familiar with avalanche ico.

If the ICO can not prove to people that they give a real project to them, I don't think that the ICO can come back smoothly to the crypto. It is because many people have got trauma with the last ICO that they invested, so they think that the era of the ICO ends, and they don't want to get the same mistake. We will see what will happen with the ICO, and we can hope that they will give their promises to the investor.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 11:42:41 PM

If the ICO can not prove to people that they give a real project to them, I don't think that the ICO can come back smoothly to the crypto. It is because many people have got trauma with the last ICO that they invested, so they think that the era of the ICO ends, and they don't want to get the same mistake. We will see what will happen with the ICO, and we can hope that they will give their promises to the investor.
That is supposedly they will do And each developer will think that seriously otherwise, they will still fail again. The trauma for every investor had felt that time is really hard to completely gone, they will surely think about and sees no difference from the new one.

Now, the challenge could be that hard but if these developers will look for the benefits of everyone, not just for them, they actually get that back and investors will see a big difference. They should have to prove it and should have not to compromise their promises for their is a reason that these investors will show interest with ICO again.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███