Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can ICOs come back in the game?  (Read 1554 times)
CryptoDost (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 03:38:17 PM

As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoTalk365

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 03:45:02 PM

I hope for state regulation of the ICO, in which the authorized state bodies will check and register the team of each project, which should drastically reduce the level of fraud among them. I also expect general rules for conducting ICOs, where I think that the rules for relations with participants in ICO bounty campaigns will be spelled out. Indeed, now it is absolute chaos, where each team at any time at its discretion changes any rules. This should not be.
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 03:56:59 PM

I hope for state regulation of the ICO, in which the authorized state bodies will check and register the team of each project, which should drastically reduce the level of fraud among them. I also expect general rules for conducting ICOs, where I think that the rules for relations with participants in ICO bounty campaigns will be spelled out. Indeed, now it is absolute chaos, where each team at any time at its discretion changes any rules. This should not be.
Try to suggest to all bounty campaign managers as well as all project developers and see how they respond, and what you also need to know is that ICO is no longer liked and loved by everyone in crypto, so whatever your expectations of ICO, obviously will not be granted because restoring lost trust is very difficult, I hope you want to learn this so that your knowledge can increase, because every country also has its own rules and laws that will never sync with crypto rules.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 576

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 04:09:14 PM

Promising people and developers that have an actual experience of running a project.

They must dedicate to that project so that the investors will believe again to them because if they don't, ICOs are good to say as a dead crowdfunding.

Not all about promises but with actual application.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 05:17:25 PM

As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
Still some ICOs are raising millions in few minutes but its very rare compared to the year 2017 and I don't find any reason for ICOs to raise again because people lost trust on it then how they will be ready to invest on it again.IEOs are also over, only promotion from reputed exchanges are raising funds other than that all others are just the failure.
Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 05:20:25 PM

Their time is long gone and they can't come back anymore while there is IEO which everyone prefers it than ICO. Unless something really bad happens to IEO that makes people lost the trust for it like ICO, I don't think they are equally right now and zero chance for ICO to come back.
Sulman326

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 09:04:47 PM

Transparency, like a blockchain network.  And there must be an umbrella that is responsible for the clarity of the project that will run the ICO and the company is required to have run around 70% of the planning target, because many investors want the benefits and clarity of a project.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 09:11:55 PM

Transparency, like a blockchain network.  And there must be an umbrella that is responsible for the clarity of the project that will run the ICO and the company is required to have run around 70% of the planning target, because many investors want the benefits and clarity of a project.

That's hard to implement as who will choose the organization to look out for these blockchain projects?
It's not easy managing these hundreds of platforms and monitor their actual development progress.
And that leaves investors/users, to just do their due diligence every time they want to invest in a particular project.
As there is no Central Authority that is capable of handling these situations, user just need to look over one's shoulder.
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 11:40:37 PM

I can't even imagine ICOs coming back because it will bring back a lot of things to mind and will people still actually invest? That is, why investing in a project wherein you will keep asking the team about listing when you can invest in a project via IEO where listing is assured. Also, in IEO the exchange it is taking place on will make investors to decide if they should or not, but are all these possible with ICO? In ICO, the team can say whatever they want to make money and then do whatever they want when they have gotten the money. So in my own opinion, I do not see ICOs coming back anytime soon.

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:18:53 AM

I can't even imagine ICOs coming back because it will bring back a lot of things to mind and will people still actually invest? That is, why investing in a project wherein you will keep asking the team about listing when you can invest in a project via IEO where listing is assured. Also, in IEO the exchange it is taking place on will make investors to decide if they should or not, but are all these possible with ICO? In ICO, the team can say whatever they want to make money and then do whatever they want when they have gotten the money. So in my own opinion, I do not see ICOs coming back anytime soon.

This depends actually. ICO would make a come back if it were regulated properly. As of now, anyone can make an ICO, even a high school student can and get away from it if they scam investors (assuming they get some). With licence, proof, and documents that can be checked, a lot of investors might have a change of perspective about ICO. Though to be honest, that happening is too slim to consider.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:23:47 AM

How can ICO be regulated when ICO crowdfunding happens only between the project website and crypto investors? In what ways can you see things more clearly that the ICO project is legit enough? Isn't that what IEO does better?

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:26:09 AM

people's trust to invest has been lost in the ICO, in IEO today with the exchange that is an intermediary between sellers and buyers, people are still afraid if it is not done on a popular exchange. if trust has been lost it is difficult to restore from before.
no one wants to fall in the same hole.
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:35:33 AM

ICOs are already creeping in gradually. Avalanche was successful recently, they did ICO and it sold out very fast. Some new scam projects will use this as a bedrock to rip investors off their funds. Regulations for ICOs won't come easily, and even ICOs are regulated, scam ICOs will still launch. In my opinion, ICOs should be scrapped entirely and neglected by investors, due to my past experience. I'm comfortable with IEO on reputable exchanges, atleast I'm sure I wont be scammed.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:40:46 AM

ICOs are already creeping in gradually. Avalanche was successful recently, they did ICO and it sold out very fast. Some new scam projects will use this as a bedrock to rip investors off their funds. Regulations for ICOs won't come easily, and even ICOs are regulated, scam ICOs will still launch. In my opinion, ICOs should be scrapped entirely and neglected by investors, due to my past experience. I'm comfortable with IEO on reputable exchanges, atleast I'm sure I wont be scammed.
This is the last thing I don't want to hear, Avalanche ICO was successful, accepted so you expect all ICO to be successful because avalanche is successful? ICO is already in the past, regulations won't come for ICO, exchange can be regulated of course and IEO on top exchanges just works better
joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:48:04 AM

Their time is long gone and they can't come back anymore while there is IEO which everyone prefers it than ICO. Unless something really bad happens to IEO that makes people lost the trust for it like ICO, I don't think they are equally right now and zero chance for ICO to come back.
There is a succesful ICO just launched and indeed have good raised. This project called avalanche raised 42million USD, so it will depend on the project and not because ICO is dead already. I agree that IEO is still trending but some ICOs are started to come back again.

Are you sure that we really need another ICO in crypto? Too many shitty ICOs already happen
Depends on the project capability. If its shit then no need but if there is a potential why not right?

Aqib Sarwar

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:02:19 AM

The popularity of ICO has really been broken and destroyed because of the many ICO Projects that are SCAM. And this makes investors really angry about this ICO sales system. Therefore there is no need for improvements or rules regarding the ICO project because there is now an IEO sales system which has advantages when compared to ICO. And if ICO gets up again, there will be few investors who will trust and participate in it, I'm sure of that.
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:15:08 AM

Actually I don't want ICO to make a come back because ICO projects are still high risky than IEO, I care much about investors safety, if investors can't trust projects anymore who is going to invest on new projects?
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:26:30 AM

Honestly, I think ICO is already out, they can never come back in the market anymore, yes, they still have their presence felt but they are not anymore as successful as before, it has already become an obsolete way of crowd funding, and people are now looking for a less risky way and IEO offers that platform to them, so if ever the market will be again bullish and once again we will witness the interest of the investors in the market, I think it's gonna be IEO which will be the leader of crowd funding.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:29:40 AM

ICO isn't coming back and I stand against ICO coming back, it's not what I wanted, the freedom of ICO with no third-party is why scammers are free to do anyhow with investors, it seems you aren't aware that investors are lot safer with IEO

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 11:14:03 AM

with reduced scamer who does the ico directly.
ieo has the advantage that tokens are guaranteed to be released on the exchange.
while ico after collecting funds they have to find a market for listings.
another way maybe every project will guarantee that their coins will be listed on several exchanges when raising funds.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM