Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinSpinner  (Read 44995 times)
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

wow!

bitcoin spinner can be sold ?

Shocked

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 11:03:59 PM

wow!

Shocked
I am not sure I follow...

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 11:09:23 PM

thank you jan!

...and please don't get hacked in the next time....
it seems to a virus or something like this travels around

Cheesy

The beauty of this split wallet method is that even if the main BitcoinSpinner server is successfully hacked, this does not expose the users to theft.  This is what makes BitcoinSpinner different and why I use it so much these days.  Well done, Jan; well done, indeed.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:55:33 PM

Another great thing about Bitcoin Spinner is that its the only wallet app, that runs on older versions of Android. It runs perfectly on my Android 2.1

Thanks for a great piece of software Jan!
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:43:35 PM

Yeah, I really like this app. Its quick and efficient, many thanks.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:41:11 PM

wow!

Shocked
I am not sure I follow...

I think he was implying we're buying you out somehow, which is still sorta technically possible but pointless.

Soon enough we can announce what is actually happening Smiley
BTCurious

Activity: 714

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:17:56 AM

Soon enough we can announce what is actually happening Smiley
Isn't it obvious?
Bitinstant integration with Bitcoinspinner; go to Wallmart, deposit cash, see the bitcoins appear in Bitcoinspinner.
That's what I would go for anyway Smiley

Perhaps also the other way around, even, although I don't know what that would require technically. But I read you were working on it Wink

FlashFire

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:23:51 AM

i just joined and this looks really nice. I'm going to try it =)
MadSweeney

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 03:51:31 AM

I've just installed this today on my old phone. It works in Android 2.1!

Now let's go local bitcoin traders!

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 08:19:04 AM

Not really sure if this has been addresses but forum search didn't find anything (as it is usual) and I didn't read through all the posts. My preempted apologies if I'm dupping here.

Using p2pool I tried using a spinner address for the miner, which obviously works fine just like with any other valid address except BitcoinSpinner doesn't see the mined funds at all. First I thought it was the 120 block confirmation but now I it has been long confirmed and is still missing from the device. The funds are there, importing the address to a fat client sees the funds just fine.

Bug, RFE?

Thanks
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:49:51 PM

The server side is based on BitcoinJ, which currently does not support coinbase transactions (the ones that generate newly minted coins). However, Jim Burton is working on that for MultiBit, and in the process of merging it into the main branch of BitcoinJ, where I guess it will be available in version 0.6. It will take some time before it is available in BitcoinSpinner, but it will eventually be supported. Thanks for bringing this up and good that you could export the private key to a fat client.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:57:59 PM

Thank you. I thought it could be something server side but was really hoping it was just the client not requesting all it needed... client side is always faster to resolve, if only because the test cases are much more limited.

I'll wait it up, it's not something I need just something I decided to try out.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 08:08:27 PM

Not really sure if this has been addresses but forum search didn't find anything (as it is usual)

the search box is broken most of the time and doesn't find anything.

try clicking "search" menu item and search from there. that usually works for me.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:19:15 AM

Not really sure if this has been addresses but forum search didn't find anything (as it is usual)

the search box is broken most of the time and doesn't find anything.

try clicking "search" menu item and search from there. that usually works for me.
The thing to remember is that the search box works differently depending on where you are. If you search while you have a thread open, it only searches within that thread. I think the same applies to when you only search within a specific section instead of the whole forum. It still could use a lot of improvement though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2012, 06:57:11 AM by datafish

I have a minor bug when I run the app on my Matsunichi (Le Pan) TC970 tablet.  When I open it, I get a mostly blank (black) screen with just the BitcoinSpinner title bar at the top.  When I press the Back button, the main screen then appears.  Edit: this behaviour only occurs when switching to the app when it's running in the background, not when first launching.

Also, not a bug but a nice-to-have feature is landscape mode for tablets.  It's a nice app all around though, and I'm going to start using it instead of Andreas' Bitcoin Wallet app as the latter keeps locking up on me during blockchain downloads.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:57:44 PM

I have a question about how to do a wallet backup with this app.  When I choose backup wallet, and confirm the action, a QR code is generated.  Then I copy to clipboard.  However when I paste this anywhere to save it, it pastes as a numbers/letters..ect.  Now when I go restore from backup the app expects a QR code.  How do I restore from the backup if the code is not pasting as a QR code in the initial step of taking a backup?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!
There are basically two ways you can do backup/restore

1. Take a picture of the backup QR-code with a secondary camera and print it on paper.
2. Copy the text value of the QR-code to the clipboard, and use an external tool to generate a QR-code from it.

When doing a restore, just scan the QR-code.

I have always used option 1. Copying it to the clipboard makes it available to other apps on the same device.

I agree that this could be somewhat easier, and I have been considering to add the option of writing the QR-code as an image onto the SD card of the device. However, so far I have avoided this as it would require BitcoinSpinner to have privileges to write onto the SD card. I am very focused on limiting the required privileges to the bare minimum, right now BitcoinSpinner only requires:
  • Network Communication
  • View Network State

This makes it easier for me when I have to defend BitcoinSpinner from paranoid users claiming that it steals contacts or tampers with your SD card etc.

I am open to suggestions.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 07:54:52 PM

There is an update of bitcoinspinner in the android market today. Amongst the new feature, there's this one: "Buy bitcoin (using bitinstant)".

How awesome is that!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 08:16:39 PM

When restoring from backup, why not just have a text field as well and accept the same text that was generated when backing up?

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:22:21 PM

There is an update of bitcoinspinner in the android market today. Amongst the new feature, there's this one: "Buy bitcoin (using bitinstant)".

How awesome is that!

Very, we hope - but watch this space for the official announcement
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 09:31:16 PM

How awesome is that!

I saw that today after the update.  This is a great addition to this app.

As some of you have already noticed in this thread BitcoinSpinner now integrates with BitInstant.
Please make sure to read the announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87852.msg965850#msg965850

I pushed the software update to the Android Market before the announcement to have it ready, and some of my dear users found it before the official announcement  Grin

Now it is time for me to focus on some of your feature requests, and adding PIN protection to BitcoinSpinner is on the top of my list. Please have in mind that I am not making a living off this, so please have a little patience. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: