Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT TYPE OF CRYPTO INVESTOR ARE YOU?  (Read 2654 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 05:00:35 AM

Same as you I am the crypto investor with type as a holder. Because, I still not enough skill to be professional trader where can get profits in the short term. I still learn about it.
Im a holder as well because its more convenient for me to just buy a coin that has a good potential and unlikely to be delisted in exchanges. Then I will sell when the value reach my set target price. For some it might not be ideal because the income is not that huge unlike if you trade for short term. However it all depends on how much capital you use and on what coin you invest your money because who knows it can give you huge profit.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmeug1209

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 07:55:23 AM

Apart from coin stability, I also like looking into the function of the coin. Looks like more and more people are starting to give attention to blockchain. Can't wait for real-world adoption of decentralized finance. Excited!

https://medium.com/fusenet/use-cases-of-the-fuse-network-195399c72dc7
sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:58:51 PM

maybe, I'm including in Hodler or Early Adopter as I cannot consider myself yet as professional trader as I am struggling in making better progress in trading. In holding, I am a very patient person and I really believe the potential of crypto currencies therefore I suit to this one pretty well.

It's good that you believe in the potential of cryptocurrencies. However, you should remember that the main ones here are speculators. They constantly change the prices of various cryptocurrencies in order to earn money. So don't overestimate any coins. For the long term, I only keep bitcoins.

flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 12:22:49 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2020, 12:33:30 AM by flagpara

I don't really understand what type of investor I am, so not sure to call a specific name for me.  Cheesy
FYI, I am not only an investor, sometimes I trade my coin, I mean weekly or monthly trading. I usually keep the top coins and prefer to sell new altcoins. However, I am not sure if I am an experienced trader or investor. I am still learning everything to improve my skills and optimize the chance to gain profits from my crypto assets.
everyone does have a lot of potential in doing this. sometimes we become investors in the short term, sometimes also hold in the long term. to be honest, I have almost done everything that is mentioned. it's just that, I'm more likely to hold coins over the long term.
Could be trying everything but still I am not trying to become a day trader. Hunter, holders (short term or long term), investor or ICO investor. I haven't wanted to hold any new coins for more than 2 years. With a low amount of money, you can't be a professional trader. Now I'm a bounty hunter and waiting for the right time to invest.

Gumbo88

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 01:09:46 AM

There are different types of investors with varying priorities goals, habits, and tolerance of risk. Read this thread to know the type of crypto investor you are.

1. Newbie: In any industry you must first be a newbie before you become a pro. To get started with crypto you need a little capital to start. This group include those with a little or no knowledge about the crypto industry but eager to seek to diversify their investments into new high risk assets that offer a good return

2. Crypto Enthusiast: Like a newbie, the crypto enthusiast joined the market not long ago and still doesnt have enough knowledge about the crypto industry although he has built a diversified portfolio which he checks their performance everyday.

3. Hodler: They are people who will rather hold any crypto no matter the ups and down they believe one day it will get to their desired price

4. Early Adopter: The early adopter are people who got into bitcoin when it was less than $100 about some few years ago. At that time everyone thought bitcoin was a scam but they took the courage to buy some because they believed in the technology.

5. Professional Trader: These guys have seen crypto trading as a part time or full time job. They dont have concern with holding cryptos for a long time. Their main and only goal is short term profits.

What type of investor are you? Im definitely an HODLER

I think i am trader, i really like daily trading , i feel relax with this more than holder.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 02:39:19 AM

I am personally just someone who is trying my luck in crypto, after all, every decision I have made, whether good or bad, is not a reason for me to stop getting what I want to aspire to from the beginning of entering this industry.
fammy

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 04:23:27 AM

There are different types of investors with varying priorities goals, habits, and tolerance of risk. Read this thread to know the type of crypto investor you are.

1. Newbie: In any industry you must first be a newbie before you become a pro. To get started with crypto you need a little capital to start. This group include those with a little or no knowledge about the crypto industry but eager to seek to diversify their investments into new high risk assets that offer a good return

2. Crypto Enthusiast: Like a newbie, the crypto enthusiast joined the market not long ago and still doesnt have enough knowledge about the crypto industry although he has built a diversified portfolio which he checks their performance everyday.

3. Hodler: They are people who will rather hold any crypto no matter the ups and down they believe one day it will get to their desired price

4. Early Adopter: The early adopter are people who got into bitcoin when it was less than $100 about some few years ago. At that time everyone thought bitcoin was a scam but they took the courage to buy some because they believed in the technology.

5. Professional Trader: These guys have seen crypto trading as a part time or full time job. They dont have concern with holding cryptos for a long time. Their main and only goal is short term profits.

I think of myself as being a crypto enthusiast because I am still newbie even I am joining cryptoworld for not so long time and I still need to learn many things in this industry for my professional growth as well in this field.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 04:33:16 AM

I used to be a newbie but I was naive and invested in some hype projects but now I prefer research and become a value investor and invest in fundamentally strong projects .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 09:33:52 AM

There are so many different investors classification, mostly capital is deals on that way. But in my status holding of old coins is my way of investment. We are waiting for the desire price of our coins to exchange at the market, this is the type of investment we have.
If you are gathering all your Bounty payments and hold them all then yeah you are already a holder and waiting for the right time to sell.
But if you are buying from your own money?then that is much better because this means another adding in crypto market.
there are so many members here but majority are only taking their payments and spend for their daily expenses ,though this is better to make the market healthy and circulate all the coins in right way of using.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 09:35:47 AM

I used to be a newbie but I was naive and invested in some hype projects but now I prefer research and become a value investor and invest in fundamentally strong projects .

I think almost all investors have gone through this phase at the beginning. With the exception of the investors who only had Bitcoin as an investment object at the very beginning of crypto  Cheesy It would be interesting to get more information about what you mean by "fundamentally strong projects". What are your decision factors to identify such projects?
rahmathidayat93

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 09:53:55 AM

Basically everyone starts from a naive newbie, even though naivety is not the same, so don't think about the naivety of the past that can prevent us from getting up at this point, because smart investors will always have a good profit in the market despite market conditions. always changing.
orengitu

Activity: 608
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 09:33:54 PM

I'm a crypto enthusiast, even tho I have been in the business for long but what thing have learnt in crypto is that the knowledge you gather last year won't work 100% this year which means you just have to keep learning.
There are sometimes that I will think have become an expert and this usually result to a huge loss, and we have or we will all pass through the stage of being a newbie and thus stage is the most delicate stage because the stage determines where you are going. Newbie stage is all about learning the basics, gathering informations, gathering experience.

To me, I'm still learning and will keep learning because you have to keep learning to up to date.

●●●●●●●●[Plastic Finance - Recycle . Re-use . Prosper - Plastic Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸White Paper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 11:09:33 PM

There are so many different investors classification, mostly capital is deals on that way. But in my status holding of old coins is my way of investment. We are waiting for the desire price of our coins to exchange at the market, this is the type of investment we have.
If you are gathering all your Bounty payments and hold them all then yeah you are already a holder and waiting for the right time to sell.
But if you are buying from your own money?then that is much better because this means another adding in crypto market.
there are so many members here but majority are only taking their payments and spend for their daily expenses ,though this is better to make the market healthy and circulate all the coins in right way of using.
If you hold your bounty tokens, either it has no value or you have faith in the campaign you had joined. Being a hodler requires a lot of patience as well as a big capital. Using the so called, average down strategy. However, you have to be tough in market either you hold or not. Market sometimes deceive market participants. In fact, whatever strategy we can use we can`t deny that we keep on losing. As long as you can stay in the market and make some money, you are a good trader and investor.

sallasvve

Activity: 280

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 07:31:13 AM

I think almost all investors have gone through this phase at the beginning. With the exception of the investors who only had Bitcoin as an investment object at the very beginning of crypto  Cheesy It would be interesting to get more information about what you mean by "fundamentally strong projects". What are your decision factors to identify such projects?

I, too, when I was a beginner, was constantly looking for fundamentally strong projects. This was my biggest mistake. Fundamentally strong projects are Bitcoin and Ethereum. All other projects are ordinary speculative assets that are only needed for quick earnings and moving into new assets.

samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 09:08:17 AM

<...>

Same here, dude. Count me in as a hodler. The cryptos I earn from the campaign I'm in are just in my wallet, waiting for the right time to sell. But, there are times that I have to spend some of it especially when I'm short of money. The tendency is to earn more and then hodl again. It takes a lot of patience but I don't think of it much so I won't be that bothered with the price.

But of course, I'm willing to learn to become a trader. Not necessarily a professional one but someone who has enough knowledge and skills necessary for trading.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 05:14:40 PM

When it comes to holding crypto for years, it makes sense to keep Bitcoin only. Time shows that even the best-rated altcoins can decline fast, and the hodler will be upside down. For me, altcoins are for faster trading. Ethereum, however, can be exclusion here.
yeamin.rsl

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 05:57:40 PM

I am not so expert but i do like day trading or short-term trading .To me holding is not an good idea.Rather holding short-term trading can give you more profit in crypto.
Mahdirakib
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1010

In Search of Incredible

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 06:10:05 PM

~snip~
3. Hodler: They are people who will rather hold any crypto no matter the ups and down they believe one day it will get to their desired price ~
What type of investor are you?
I have learned about crypto in 2016 and the price wasn't much during that time. But I haven't invested anything on that year cause I was a newbie. Next year I invested a little and took out my investment with decent profit. In 2018 I have invested more amount than before and still holding it with the believe of new ATH. So I think I'm a holder now as you described.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 10:42:26 PM

They're different types of alt-coin investment as you mentioned,  but I prefer invest after the Initial exchange offering, (IEO) because at that stage the particular coin has listed on different exchange and has been published as well, and the developer has really done his own part for the future prospect.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:44:08 AM

I am not so expert but i do like day trading or short-term trading .To me holding is not an good idea.Rather holding short-term trading can give you more profit in crypto.
Theoretically you can make more profits from short term trading than being a holder but in general ot is impossible to make constant profits from crypto trading especially in the short term.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀