Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✠ The Official AltCoin WhiteList ➢ For Real Coins☆With Real Devs☆With Real Goals  (Read 8559 times)
Tenemo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:01:33 AM

Whitelist DigiByte [DGB] - its dev developed DigiShield, it's being used in other coins, the community is vast, prices stable, got on Mintpal & Cryptsy. I also like Emoticoin [EMO], it got its total coin amount reduced according to the people's request and got onto Mintpal. But I'm not really into that one, instead, I'd vote for DGB personally.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:05:25 AM

You need to lock this thread and start "Self Moderated" thread to control all the bullshit.
+1000
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:09:16 AM

wasn't doge premined?
NO
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:42:25 AM

Mintcoin should be whitelisted.

1.It has has been set up as a legal fund (like a foundation).
2. We have developed over 25 markets for the coin.
2. Great community support
4. Active development. Will work on android app that is compatible with PoS, which is a significant technical hurdle and innovation.
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:48:23 AM

4. Active development. Will work on android app that is compatible with PoS, which is a significant technical hurdle and innovation.
+1
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:50:38 AM

Good effort OP.

Obviously whitelist: Darkcoin and Anoncoin

Reasons for both: active devs, active community, trying to innovate with new privacy and security features

* Darkcoin has invented a new hashing algo that fixes problems KGW. DGW is now being copied by other coins.
* Darkcoin uses x11 hashing which uses 30%-50% less power than scrypt while being effective and simple to deploy.  This is now being copied by other coins.
* Darkcoin is maintaing an anti-asic stance and a focus on decentralization. Even Adam Back whose hashcash is used in the Satoshi paper is worried about bitcoin centralisation and the ease with which governments can now get court orders and impact the bitcoin network.
* Darkcoin is implementing DarkSend which is anonymity from the blockchain from within the wallet. The average person will be able to send payments without their details being linked to transactions next week, next year or 20 years from now.
* Darkcoin miners are mining and keeping their coins, not mining and trading them in for bitcoin.
* Darkcoin is making all its improvements open source and other alt-coins are now starting to follow its lead.
* Darkcoin wants to enable all other coins to interact with its anonymity features, it doesn't want to compete with them. Darkcoin is a catalyst.

Which bit of the above doesn't merit attention?

Actually, as a darkcoin miner, I'd rather you didn't put it on the list just yet. That is what you would call the anti pump-n-dump supporter.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:52:40 AM

Which altcoin released the first multipool paying in altcoins? Was it blackcoin, litecoin, or another one?
blackcoin; add it
litecoin: update it
another one: add it

Add on grey list if it is its only virtue. arguably whitelist if it very recent and money-making

IMHO

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:56:17 AM

Hobonickles HBN should be on the whitelist. Small but supportive community, Dev is awesome.  He's working on alot of good stuff, for example his RasberryPi client software.
I dont know what code is just copied and what he brought in himself but he knows what features are nice and gets them working before being implemented on any other coins I know of. If you have questions he's there to answer them.
You might want to take a look at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0
This is not a 0 post dev who made another pump and dump coin and moves onto the next when he sucked some btc from some people. The community doesnt whine about prices which is also realy refreshing when you read through the posts.
I hope someone with more insight into the technical stuff will post here aswell as for me this is the most overlooked coin out there.

Also DRK might be a canditate. And Myriad coin. As I dont know if they were the inventors of their unique features and properties I leave it to someone else to explain or get them on the whitelist.

And I would like to add that you shouldnt measure the usefullness of a coin just on a small technical innovation but also by its community and developers. At least for me those 2 are the most important part.
I'm a miner. When I mine a coin I dont think about getting rich quick so I dont mine purely on profit, althou I made some good deals along the way.
AfrikaMan

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:05:08 PM

Quark - adds nothing useful & is basically un-mineable now, another pump & dump scamcoin.

You are obviously biased here.

* Quark has no pre-mine
* Quark was the first coin to use multi-algo in a random fashion
* Quark has comperent and active dev
* Quark has a huge community
* Quark is still very minable
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:25:37 PM

Blacklist

Quark, adds nothing useful & is un-mineable now, another pump & dump scamcoin.

This is simply misinformation - thanks for that.

Quark had a different distribution model - just because you can't mine it profitably now doesn't mean that coin is a scam. Those two things are not equivalent. There was no premine, it was just mostly mined with the first 6 months. This is a benefit for investors - it means that the low number of new Quarks created keeps the cost of maintaining a value level low.

Quark is Whitelist

We have a broad variety of infrastructure being created - we now have payment processors (litepaid.com), a mobile wallet on google play, an auto-mining wallet that supports our network, and we are very actively working with companies to add new services. We are going to be added to moolah's prelude within the next day or two (https://prelude.io/), and possibly to their whole platform dependent on interest.

Innovation
-Quark is secure - It has 9 rounds of hashing, including 3 at random from 6 hashing algorithms, requiring all 9 rounds to be broken, including the 3 random rounds only decided on at the time of block generation to be copromised
- Quark is fast enough with 30s block times to allow potentially for in store payments with fast confirmation times.
- We have an auto-mining wallet that uses a small amount of your cpu power to automatically support the network while open. This can be turned off if you want (http://www.qrk.cc/press/)

Quark has a great community that is continuing to CREATE infrastructure and build value. All alt coins have lost value with BTC being hammered recently - Quark is no different. However, we are intent on building value. Come see our efforts on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/) and on our official press page (http://www.qrk.cc/press/).

Vic
karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:32:15 PM

Vertcoin. First scrypt-adaptive-Nfunc

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:03:52 PM

Good effort OP.

Reasons for both: active devs, active community, trying to innovate with new privacy and security features

+1

you should also add the metacoins for bitcoin,

counterparty/xcp and mastercoin/msc

they are somewhat building financial markets on top of bitcoin, great developer, promising and innovative
whoyou

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:20:05 PM

Good effort OP.

* Darkcoin has invented a new hashing algo that fixes problems KGW. DGW is now being copied by other coins.
* Darkcoin uses x11 hashing which uses 30%-50% less power than scrypt while being effective and simple to deploy.  This is now being copied by other coins.
* Darkcoin is maintaing an anti-asic stance and a focus on decentralization. Even Adam Back whose hashcash is used in the Satoshi paper is worried about bitcoin centralisation and the ease with which governments can now get court orders and impact the bitcoin network.
* Darkcoin is implementing DarkSend which is anonymity from the blockchain from within the wallet. The average person will be able to send payments without their details being linked to transactions next week, next year or 20 years from now.
* Darkcoin miners are mining and keeping their coins, not mining and trading them in for bitcoin.
* Darkcoin is making all its improvements open source and other alt-coins are now starting to follow its lead.
* Darkcoin wants to enable all other coins to interact with its anonymity features, it doesn't want to compete with them. Darkcoin is a catalyst.

Which bit of the above doesn't merit attention?

Actually, as a darkcoin miner, I'd rather you didn't put it on the list just yet. That is what you would call the anti pump-n-dump supporter.

Agree! Darkcoin real Innovation coin,more info can look whitepaper:http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinWhitepaper.pdf

ShareCoin:SiWfBiqxZprQWRM3kozWAmiqzu57geJLdK
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Whitelist:

Protoshares - innovative way to decentralize assets exchanges of DAC

GPUcoin - it was built for the main purpose of buying discount GPUs with a business already in place. IPO was distributed to investors as promised.

PAWNcoin - It was built for online PAWNshop. Escrow was used for the IPO and it was distributed as promised.

How can you put GPUcoin with a 5% premine on this "white list", but you keep off vertcoin and execoin, both of which have 0% premine and did much more to popularize the n-scrypt algorithm that gpu coin uses. GPU coin still hasn't opened their store yet, i.e. there's still a significant probability it's all a vaporware scam. You're whitelist just looks lazy. Does it happen to coincide with all the coins you own?
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Pawncoin made the 'Official Whitelist.' LOL  Grin

Today's reading has been very entertaining - keep up the great work!

mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:21:16 PM

+1
Hopefully that is sufficient grounds to view mintcoin as a legitimate cryptocurrency and get it whitelisted.

BTW I think the whitelist is a significant development for the altcoin community and a good idea.
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:22:29 PM

+1
Hopefully that is sufficient grounds to view mintcoin as a legitimate cryptocurrency and get it whitelisted.

BTW I think the whitelist is a significant development for the altcoin community and a good idea.

Remove the word 'Official' since there's nothing even remotely authentic or official about this list. It's a freely contributed forum thread and not official in any sense of the word.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:24:03 PM

+1

Remove the word 'Official' since there's nothing even remotely authentic or official about this list. It's a freely contributed forum thread and not official in any sense of the word.

agreed, good point
Mr. Gabu

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

Keep official. It's an official list done by the forum BCT Altcoin community.
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:32:11 PM

+1

agreed, good point

Maybe we should have a Pope - ordained by God Himself who can directly translate His wishes and decide which coins gets 'officially' recognized on behalf of the silent majority.

I've got to be honest, these threads are scaring me a little bit because of the amount of regression they're showing.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: