Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark  (Read 969 times)
talkcrypto (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:06:25 AM

So what's happened to Quark? It was trading around $0.11 about 2 months ago, now it's nearly fell flat on it's arse
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:52:39 AM

About half the people I know have left the alt coin market completely. After GoX there is only a few exchanges that can be trusted and they purely bitcoin/fiat exchanges except for cex.io .

I know recently there has been a number of alt coin exchanges being hacked and scammed with the most recent one being coinmarket.io (This has been a savage scam to say the least), honetly if someone put a bullet in this exchange owners head I would say good riddance to bad shit and I didn't even have coins on that exchange.

The latest scam is Tompiet and before that was CryptoEX.cc. The coinmarket.io scam is still currently running as they leave the site open to take in more deposits, no one has exposed it to the mainstream media yet.

Then hacked exchanges include openex,coinex,freshmarket.io,poloniex etc. It's still debatable whether openex,coinex,freshmarket.io were hacks and not scam.

So yes all alt coins are suffering because of greedy twats running exchanges and causing massive distrust within the alt coin community.

talkcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:55:09 AM

Yea,

I get where your coming from with that, i originally thought that the exchanges were getting 'hacked' due to people starting them up with little or no coding experience and simply not been manage the volume of people hitting the exchanges, thus disregarding security.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:11:06 AM

The coinmarket.io scam has been a terrible scam, one I think will kill off a lot of buyers in the alt coin market. People going to stick with BTC/LTC, you can still make money following the latest pump and dump coins like blackcoin is the new flavour coin for pump this week but make sure you get out when you made 20% profit.
talkcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 08:12:49 AM

You reckon people will stop eventually making the alt coins kind of realising they 'don't work' they all seem to have an initial pump and dump phase, then fizzle out - look at kittehcoin
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:44:21 AM

Instamined coin , pumped by Max Kaiser and that doofus he had on his show then he started pumping max coin and people quickly forgot about quarks.Now what remains is about 5-10 die hards who go around this forum talking like quark is the next best thing since sliced bread.

When really is a dying coin that went from .13 or whatever to .02 and it's 24 volume is $11 000.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
talkcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:03:09 AM

Instamined coin , pumped by Max Kaiser and that doofus he had on his show then he started pumping max coin and people quickly forgot about quarks.Now what remains is about 5-10 die hards who go around this forum talking like quark is the next best thing since sliced bread.

When really is a dying coin that went from .13 or whatever to .02 and it's 24 volume is $11 000.

I knew he would have something to do with it, I think Kaiser at the minute isnt doing well for the Crypto World.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:58:02 AM

So what's happened to Quark? It was trading around $0.11 about 2 months ago, now it's nearly fell flat on it's arse

Its slump is part of an overall bear market that's affected altcoins generally: a post-bubble bear market.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:01:25 PM

About half the people I know have left the alt coin market completely. After GoX there is only a few exchanges that can be trusted and they purely bitcoin/fiat exchanges except for cex.io .

I know recently there has been a number of alt coin exchanges being hacked and scammed with the most recent one being coinmarket.io (This has been a savage scam to say the least), honetly if someone put a bullet in this exchange owners head I would say good riddance to bad shit and I didn't even have coins on that exchange.

Yeah, it's the exchanges: that was the trigger for the bubble popping. I don't recall where I read it, but I think that hackers found exploits that took advantage of MongoDB not being ACID-compliant. If a DB isn't ACID, then a hacker can take advantage of race conditions.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:11:03 PM

Qrk community is great, 2nd only to doge and perhaps nxt now in the alts section. ALL coins have died on their ass in the last few months.

LTC down from 50 to 15 bucks and that is the safest alt in terms of wealth storage.

The constant release of shitclones has just made alts look a laughing stock, but i notice them dying out from the bottom up.

People will gravitate back to btc, ltc, doge, nxt, qrk,   and any others will a large and active community.

Blackcoin i think seems to be gaining a bit of traction as do a few of the new wave. They will perhaps survive too. You need to look at communities not the coin tech.

Quark is now very well known, there are even about 20 qrk tribute coins all claiming the algo and even sucking off of the qrk name.  QRK has gone from 2900 to 6000 , it has suffered more or less the same fate as other top alts. A lot have done far worse.

It's trading volume is tiny because mostly there is no more minting and the whales never touch their wallets. If you look most qrk whales still have all of their qrk.  The qrks that are traded are mostly those that need to liquidate funds now and are selling at a lower price.

Fair value for qrk in this market is anywhere from 4k to 12k.  It was like every other alt inflated in the dec bubble. However no doubt it is a top level alt and one of the few that will be left after this wave of shitclones battles it out.

A lot of the last wave look totally dead even the darlings from the last wave have crashed hard.... dgc, cgb, etc.... these were very popular a few months ago and i really like them both i think both will regain strength over time.

The new wave of shit clones are dying out though, less and less people revving up on releases now. Profit is way down across the board for mining.

Gox and constant copy and paste has hit hard. Things will pick up but only for the strong.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:18:09 PM

pretty much ALL coins have declined in the recent months, too many news coins competing for a fixed amount of capital. 

Quark will come out in the end though, it's still a top 10 coin, with a unique hashing algo and distribution method, Foundation/community continues to pump out new projects as well ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
El Dude

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:19:43 PM

Qrk community is great, 2nd only to doge and perhaps nxt now in the alts section. ALL coins have died on their ass in the last few months.

let's just stop you right there ,http://www.reddit.com/r/quarkcoin has 1,796 Subscribers ~11 user's online and http://forum.qrk.cc/ is a ghost town.

saying Quark community is great and 2nd to only doge is retarded and  just shows your a pump and dump bag holder like the rest of them.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:16:13 PM

let's just stop you right there ,http://www.reddit.com/r/quarkcoin has 1,796 Subscribers ~11 user's online and http://forum.qrk.cc/ is a ghost town.

saying Quark community is great and 2nd to only doge is retarded and  just shows your a pump and dump bag holder like the rest of them.

El Dude is a classic USD bag holder - he was calling LTC $100 the other day he was living in great hope that he could cash out his little LTC's and run away forever with his pile of pretty paper.

but then KnC happened and he looks like the true tool he actually is.

the reason Fox business mentioned Quark the other day is because adults are watching the Crypto world and when you essentially do and IPO over 50 or 100 years you make yourself look like a tool.

you essentially have just made your asset next to impossible to price effectively, whereas fucktard. .

if your asset is fully distributed you only have fixed market forces and parameters to deal with, do you actually think that any real investor gives a flying fuck about you or any miner on the face of this earth?

apart from the natural price dynamic to keep the structure of the network, the answer is of course no, they could give no fucks about you or anyone else here.

as education spreads and investment comes on line,( due to natural forces) the Crypto with the most predictable pricing parameters will be the winners, and you will be beating off to a switched off TV El dude, while watching some grid seeds.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/03/18/altcoins-brave-new-world-beyond-bitcoin/

there's the article - i'm sure investors really want to invest in something that is going to be mined and dumped by the like of a guy called "El Dude" and his merry ASIC buying companions. for the next 50 years.

no investors like to have stability,  fuck stick.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:30:11 PM

You are a one trick pony fully invested in LTC.  Could pay off but very risky. A balanced portfolio would without doubt show some qrk.

Tell me 10 coins you have diversified in and only 5 would be as well known as qrk.

LTC is one everyone should have so is qrk.

You shout every coin is a waste of space except LTC. Never put all your eggs in one basket. I have yet to see you recommend any other alt.

Most btc whales claim LTC is nothing special. If it had not been the first of the alts, nobody would pay it any attention at all.

I hold over 10% in LTC but i hold just as much in QRK and DOGE. I am getting more nxt since i see they are very active but really those 4 along with ppc are the strongest right now. Drk and black are popular now and drk has a lot of activity and very talented devs. However i won't touch is since i feel they are pushing their talents in the wrong direction and providing good excuses to those that seek to ban crypto in general.

Doge, qrk, ltc, ppc, nxt - they should make up 50% of anyones crypto portfolio ... the other 50% gamble for fun.

El Dude

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:13:56 PM

You are a one trick pony fully invested in LTC.  Could pay off but very risky. A balanced portfolio would without doubt show some qrk.

Tell me 10 coins you have diversified in and only 5 would be as well known as qrk.

You shout every coin is a waste of space except LTC. Never put all your eggs in one basket. I have yet to see you recommend any other alt.

Most btc whales claim LTC is nothing special. If it had not been the first of the alts, nobody would pay it any attention at all.

I hold over 10% in LTC but i hold just as much in QRK and DOGE. I am getting more nxt since i see they are very active but really those 4 along with ppc are the strongest right now. Drk and black are popular now and drk has a lot of activity and very talented devs. However i won't touch is since i feel they are pushing their talents in the wrong direction and providing good excuses to those that seek to ban crypto in general.

Doge, qrk, ltc, ppc, nxt - they should make up 50% of anyones crypto portfolio ... the other 50% gamble for fun.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:21:00 PM

Are you being serious? Please think before you post.

Have you noticed that there are hardly any  qrks being minted?  Therefore not much is being dumped on the market. The volume means essentially nothing.  When the big wallets move coins then get worried. What you are seeing is probably one of the most thinly traded coins on the market. Most qrk is held in wallets and never moved. This is especially true for the big qrk holders.

Right now i see only a stand off between sellers and buyers. Hence the market price essentially is based upon nothing.... a couple of btc can push it up like 20% or more.

I see qrk to have as much if not more upside potential than LTC.  

Please post something of worth.

You seem to focus on all the wrong things.  You're predictions of LTC hitting $100  soon were wild , your entire evaluation of the markets seems to be based upon hope more than anything else

I would suggest strongly you diversify and quickly. You choose which coins but do not delay. I would certainly suspect qrk will bring as good if not better returns from current prices than ltc.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:04:38 PM

Are you being serious? Please think before you post.

Have you noticed that there are hardly any  qrks being minted?  Therefore not much is being dumped on the market. The volume means essentially nothing.  When the big wallets move coins then get worried. What you are seeing is probably one of the most thinly traded coins on the market. Most qrk is held in wallets and never moved. This is especially true for the big qrk holders.

Right now i see only a stand off between sellers and buyers. Hence the market price essentially is based upon nothing.... a couple of btc can push it up like 20% or more.

I see qrk to have as much if not more upside potential than LTC.  

Please post something of worth.

You seem to focus on all the wrong things.  You're predictions of LTC hitting $100  soon were wild , your entire evaluation of the markets seems to be based upon hope more than anything else

I would suggest strongly you diversify and quickly. You choose which coins but do not delay. I would certainly suspect qrk will bring as good if not better returns from current prices than ltc.

Exactly - Quark is one of the strongest alts out there, and there is a very low cost for it to sustain its value considering the low number of newly minted coins on a daily basis. Also, its speed means it could actually be integrated securely into point of service devices in store.

Also, we have a broad variety of infrastructure being created - we now have payment processors (litepaid.com), a mobile wallet on google play, an auto-mining wallet that supports our network, and we are very actively working with companies to add new services. We are going to be added to moolah's prelude within the next day or two (https://prelude.io/), and possibly to their whole platform dependent on interest.

Quark has a great community that is continuing to CREATE infrastructure and build value. All alt coins have lost value with BTC being hammered recently - Quark is no different. However, we are intent on building value and will be around for the long haul. Come see our efforts on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/) and on our official press page (http://www.qrk.cc/press/).

Vic
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:05:31 PM

that about sums up this conversation for me.

EL Dude (like the name would suggest) is either :

1. A retarded overweight adult.

or

2. a Child <under 16.

at this stage I'm going with retarded overweight adult just because its more demeaning, and you do act like a fat idiot, but please forward your facebook if you want to "rub my nose" in th fact they your about 13 years old.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

Pump n dump

El Dude

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

Pump n dump

isn't it funny how they resort to name calling when you reveal the scam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: