Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum overpower Bitcoin in the future? Which side are you on?  (Read 842 times)
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:26:00 PM

The blockchain and cryptocurrency industry is an industry that is constantly changing and evolving. So it’s hard to give you a binary answer inmy opinion. I honestly love both the projects.

However when I look at it from a larger perspective, I realize that the industry is rapidly changing and the top project maybe something we least expect. I see a lot of development happening in the Web3 ecosystem with respect to Polkadot. I see new projects like Concordium which are exploring new paradigms like Faas( Finality as a Service ) and are backed by years of Academic Research. DeFi is changing the way we know Finance.

If there is one thing we can learn from the industry, its that change is the only constant and BTC is King. It has always been.

Ofcourse Ethereum is very innovative, it is infact one of the most innovative projects out there, but BTC will continue to dominate unless Ethereum brings something so huge that it will lead mass adoption and will be seen a better store of value than BTC. Ethereum was never intended to be a store of value.
I think BTC is a brand and is known to be the ambassador of blockchain tech and innovative digital economy so it will remain at the top always while Eth is a whole lot ecosystem of applications, softwares, automation, coding and contracts that will eventually bring adoption. So both are different and unique and both can survive together and take the tech forward.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 08:48:08 PM

Bitcoin was a king until now no one can replace and take his crown as a king i believe with that
But no king can rule forever i believe someday someone will replace him
And ethereum was a prince that can take that place the number 1 place with lot of innovation that vitalik and the team make
With defi hype that using ethereum blockchain will make ethereum more strong
And we all wait for ethereum 2.0 right??
I believe there still lot of great idea and inovation project will come from vitalik and the team
So im in ethereum side

It seems to me that Ethereum has every chance of becoming the number 1 cryptocurrency in the world. Great prospects and opportunities. If you believe the news, Bitcoin will sooner or later begin to lose value. Here Ethereum will take its place to the delight of its fans. You just have to wait
fahmimajannat

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:09:02 PM

I don’t think it can.
Btc is btc. It's demand,supply,market cap everything is larger in great numbers from eth.
So i don’t think it can over come untill btc collapse.
But who knows anything can happen.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:41:52 PM

Ethereum, of course, is constantly gaining momentum and we all of course know that the technologies and capabilities of Ethereum are incredible and are constantly very popular, but the fact is that most of the big players prefer to invest in bitcoin, and therefore it is too early to think that Ethereum will be able to overtake Bitcoin, but in the future, of course, everything is possible and a lot depends on from the big players.
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 04:05:18 AM

Based on the historical data and current market status of btc, I can say that no other coin can overpower btc even ethereum. Btc is continuously dominating the crypto market because of its stability, legitimacy and very wide scope. But like what I said, it is based on the current status of btc, we don't know what will happen for the next few months of years.
It's dominance rise because it's mainly the primary option for those fund management or investment company when it comes to diversifying portfolio. It's also the reason why bitcoin was so hyped lately.

Meanwhile despite getting its share of pump ethereum struggles a lot dealing with its own blockchain traffic due to defi craze and much more they are not really good with scalability. Honestly, it's obvious that eth not gonna overpower btc and to consider that eth doesn't have limit on its total supply.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
taunitsed

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 12:36:08 AM

actully i'm not sure about overpowering btc/eth - i think each of this crypto has its own marketshare and could be used for diffrent purposes. i believe eth in the best blockchain for smaert contracts, defi tools and dex projects, and btc is more about payment/exchange currency
likely actual strategy, there's no real battle between btc and eth.. eth is really good as a technology base for ico and defi projects... i choose for investment only eth based dex projects
truly to say me too - I'm really interested in dex projects based on eth, just now researching interesting stablecoin exchange - xsigma, they are based on curve platform
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 05:14:35 PM

It seems to me that Ethereum has every chance of becoming the number 1 cryptocurrency in the world. Great prospects and opportunities. If you believe the news, Bitcoin will sooner or later begin to lose value. Here Ethereum will take its place to the delight of its fans. You just have to wait

I don't think that will happen. After all, Bitcoin is the father of Blockchain technology. It has first mover advantage on the market. When you compare both BTC and ETH's market caps, you'll notice that there's a large difference between them. Ethereum may be good, but it's not as good as Bitcoin is. The pioneer cryptocurrency (BTC) is unbeatable when it comes to decentralization and censorship-resistance. It's the golden standard of crypto. Because of these and many other reasons, Ethereum will only remain as the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap for the foreseeable future.

Nonetheless, crypto behaves in many strange and bizarre ways. Who knows what will happen in a few years from now? I've seen cryptocurrencies rise all the way from the ground to the top in an instant. At the same time, I've seen cryptocurrencies go all the way from the top to the ground in a short amount of time. Everything will depend on demand/mainstream adoption above anything else. Right now, Ethereum is capable of doing what Bitcoin does and much more. Technically-speaking, ETH is superior than BTC. But it lacks the branding Bitcoin has, leading it towards non-stop success. By all means, the odds of Ethereum overpowering Bitcoin are very slim. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 06:16:23 PM

Everything can happen in the world of crypto, nothing is impossible, especially since ethereum has become an important part of crypto, almost all crypto projects must use ethereum, but in my opinion, this year ethereum has not been able to beat bitcoin, bitcoin is still very popular and attractive in the community

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: