Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:58:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✅ SwC Poker ♣️ Player Lounge  (Read 2851 times)
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:18:44 PM

AlexTrebbert, SwC is aware that you and others want the rake adjusted and find ACR's higher % but lower max rake to be more favorable. They are currently working on creating a new rake schedule, which should come out this week.

Like others have said: The cap is really the only thing that matters, the % is basically irrelevant.

I think you should consider coming up with a plan now on how you intend to respond to future price changes in bitcoin.  If the price of bitcoin goes down, the cap should go up, and if price goes up, cap goes down.  Informing players ahead of time what price will trigger the change, and what the change will be will avoid having to go through this in the future.

The % is relevant. SWC made massive changes to the rake percentages a few months ago.

Let's look at the micros.  The cap is rarely hit in the micros in NL or limit poker.  So the % is the most important thing.  Even if you adjust the cap to something hypothetical like 27 cents usd in the micros which is approximately 10 swc chips. When the % was 2.5% you would need to hit 400 chips to hit the cap. Now with current 3% rake you would need to hit 333.33 chips to hit the cap. At $27000 BTC price, a 400 chips pot is $10.80.  Take a look at what is currently running on SWC below

The only games running right now are micros. The average pot size on both of these tables are below the rake cap. 203.93 average at 5/10 and 190.53 at 2/4. So on average the % is in play. And if you scroll up you will see that SWC increased the rake percentage by 40% on these tables 4 months ago. I'm sure the cap is hit occasionally at the tables listed above so this doesn't equate to an flat 40% increase, but it is very substantial nonetheless.

You will also notice that the rake caps in limit poker are substantially higher when 6 handed than heads up.  This is completely standard and acceptable.  So the % at say a $10/$20 mixed game will come into play at a full table very often.  Lets hypothetically give the this $10/$20 game a $3 USD rake cap. The % was 1.5% earlier this year at this table, now it is 2%. $3 USD is 111 SWC chips at $27000 BTC price. At 2% rake you need a 5,550 chip pot ($150 USD) to hit the max. At 1.5% rake you need a 7,400 chip pot ($200 USD) to hit the max. At 300/600 11 game mix ($8/$16 stakes at $27,000 BTC), let's examine a 6 handed game where it is folded to the small blind who raises a limit holdem hand and proceeds to bet every street, getting called by the big blind each time. Small blind is 150 chips, BB 300. So 1200 pre, plus 600 flop, plus 1200 turn, plus 1200 river = 4200 chips total. 4200 chips = $113.40. Rake cap is not hit. The additional .5% = 21 chips = .56 cents of additional rake.

I really applaud you for your effort! You are really trying and putting time into show the details on everything!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2020, 03:27:55 PM

<snip>
SWC poker has rakeback? I know that poker is a good game and that anyone could get addicted to it. It means that there will be more poker players to visit your platform because of some feature specifically the anonymity in betting online. However, I wish to know that every good platform has also rakeback feature. Well, if you this feature how much could it be basing on the percentage of the players rake in the game for example in a week? Hoping to get an answer. Thank You!
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 10:34:59 PM

<snip>
SWC poker has rakeback? I know that poker is a good game and that anyone could get addicted to it. It means that there will be more poker players to visit your platform because of some feature specifically the anonymity in betting online. However, I wish to know that every good platform has also rakeback feature. Well, if you this feature how much could it be basing on the percentage of the players rake in the game for example in a week? Hoping to get an answer. Thank You!

They have rakeback, which is based upon your krill level. There is a chart on their main site. It gets paid daily as well.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 05:43:27 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 06:04:30 AM by ThatOneGuyOnHere

https://whois.eurid.eu/en/search/?domain=swcpoker.eu
What's this mean lol?

This domain name has been placed in the “suspended” status as it is assigned to a non-eligible registrant following UK’s withdrawal from the European Union.

Any update in the registration data for this domain name will be checked by EURid staff.

If the domain name registration details continue not to meet the relevant eligibility criteria by 31 March 2021, the domain name will be marked as “withdrawn” from 1 April 2021. Withdrawn domain names formerly assigned to GB-GI registrants will be released for general registration as of 1 January 2022.

For further information on the eligibility criteria of the .eu and its variants in other scripts please see our Registration Policy. See also the Brexit notice page.

I don't see the same thing for nitro (the other .eu website I could think of). Did you guys get screwed over by Brexit? What a way to end 2020 lmao

edit: https://eurid.eu/en/register-a-eu-domain/brexit-notice/

2. Existing registrations
On 1 October 2020, EURid has notified by email all UK registrants and their registrars that they will lose their eligibility as of 1 January 2021 unless they demonstrate their compliance with the .eu regulatory framework by updating their registration data before 31 December 2020. They could do so by indicating a legally established entity in one of the eligible Union Member States, or updating their residence to a Union Member State, or proving their citizenship of a Union Member State irrespective of their residence.
On 21 December 2020, EURid will notify by email all UK registrants who did not demonstrate continued compliance with the eligibility criteria and their registrars about the risk of forthcoming non-compliance with the .eu regulatory framework.

Ooops....

Damn this site is amateur hour... They have never tried to be relevant, and have proven it time and time again.... They have proven that when making HH the face of their sight, and definitely now it's not falling through on this crap.... Why would you trust your money with this site at this point?
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 10:44:21 PM

Damn this site is amateur hour... They have never tried to be relevant, and have proven it time and time again.... They have proven that when making HH the face of their sight, and definitely now it's not falling through on this crap.... Why would you trust your money with this site at this point?

Yep, their site was not the best in technical part, so it could be foreseen that some shit will occur in future. My friend was many times disconnected in tournaments (i think the main reason why he left SwC, despite he told it has a good design) and I have some lags too.

As i said in their main topic this shouldn't take much time to change domain.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
scammed-by-nitro

Activity: 303
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 12:42:03 AM

Yeah technically there are a lot of issues.
When you buy in at tables the actually buyin always jumps to a number I didnt choose. Auto rebuy also often doesnt work for me.
Also at some point if I play longer at a table folded cards are not shown anymore.

Also at some point I am not able to right click on other players for muting/adjusting colour/make notes.

Only thing I can do then is leaving the table and join again.

If they close for good, which I dont think will happen, its not really a loss. Tournaments are a joke, no traffic, chat bans, sngs pretty much not available, empty promises, slow or no support and the whole higherhighs and endthefed "are not working for us" but they are active players at the site thing.

Only good thing, weak ass players sometimes at omaha.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:39:52 AM

Yeah technically there are a lot of issues.
When you buy in at tables the actually buyin always jumps to a number I didnt choose. Auto rebuy also often doesnt work for me.
Also at some point if I play longer at a table folded cards are not shown anymore.

Also at some point I am not able to right click on other players for muting/adjusting colour/make notes.

Only thing I can do then is leaving the table and join again.

If they close for good, which I dont think will happen, its not really a loss. Tournaments are a joke, no traffic, chat bans, sngs pretty much not available, empty promises, slow or no support and the whole higherhighs and endthefed "are not working for us" but they are active players at the site thing.

Only good thing, weak ass players sometimes at omaha.

They're plating lies on transparent issues are what really stop me from liking the site, which is the HH thing definitely. Or claiming technical issues when that's not technically correct. They dropped the ball on that, they have had BTC wallet issues time to time as well which doesn't put a good sense of security in the site. They have proven they can't be trusted because they will blatantly lie about everything. They focus more on higher limits and not sustainability. No more 50 or 100 chip tournaments in rotation per HH, yet BTC is almost at $30K. Doesn't make sense, tournament management is horrible.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:54:41 AM

Haha, swcpoker dot com (not sure if you can include urls here) is available for $10,000. They do not even have that secured as a business which is mind-blowing. If they can't use EU I wonder what they'll use for a domain!?!?
CryptoMaven

Activity: 43
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:29:40 AM
Merited by SkyReVo (4)

Haha, swcpoker dot com (not sure if you can include urls here) is available for $10,000. They do not even have that secured as a business which is mind-blowing. If they can't use EU I wonder what they'll use for a domain!?!?

If you remember April 15, 2011 (a.k.a. Black Friday), the FBI can seize a .com top level domain so there's no reason for SWC to register that one. But there are over 1000 others to choose from. Having at least one backup ready to go would probably be a good idea.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 10:09:12 PM

If you remember April 15, 2011 (a.k.a. Black Friday), the FBI can seize a .com top level domain so there's no reason for SWC to register that one. But there are over 1000 others to choose from. Having at least one backup ready to go would probably be a good idea.

this is why for one reason...

(from the player lounge thread)

Just checked and the domain now reroutes to Nitro! Aaaahahhahahahhaahahah. This is some next level trolling, fair play to them. I'd bet they have more budget for SEO aswell, wonder how long it'll take for that domain to show up first when you google SWC.

At this point, SWC should just sell to Nitro. Or maybe they already did.

GREAT start into 2021, SWC. Well played.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 03:06:20 PM

Ok, so the rake % went UP and the leaderboard prize pool went DOWN. Am I getting this right?

There is something very wrong about what is happening here.

Wow...
SkyReVo

Activity: 171
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 09:01:09 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2021, 09:29:21 PM by SkyReVo

I invite everyone who is dissatisfied with the recent rake changes to join discord and talk about it: https://discord.gg/2QxGuRFy3k

This rake is absolute nonsense!

Let's compare the Fixed Limit (mixed game) rake of SWC to Stars, shall we?

Stars:

and SWC:

Currently, 100/200 is roughly comparable to $3/$6. So, if you look at 100/200, then not only is the percentage of rake taken higher, the cap is more than DOUBLE. Or, to give it another context - say you're playing 150 hands/hour headsup, you will likely pay over $50 in rake at that table, hourly. There is NO way anyone is gonna start these games, ever. It is even worse at 300/600 (which is what mostly ran lately), where you hit the cap pretty much every time and will pay close to $100.

Another comparison - jackpot tables mostly run at 25/50 and 50/100 - especially now that price has increased. And they are very, very nitty. NLHE is a nit game and most people are just set farming for the jackpot. Which in turn means, you will often see flops, but rarely hit the cap at these limits. What do they do? They lower the cap but obscenely raise the rake percentage. This is a rake increase, pure and simple. There is no two ways about it.

Basically, what SWC has done is looked at the games that run the most, increased the rake there by RAISING the rake percentage to a point where it would most often hit the (very slightly reduced) rake cap.
AlexTrebbert

Activity: 51
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:59:51 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:57:28 PM by AlexTrebbert

ANOTHER DELETED POST FROM THE MAIN SWC THREAD

Why on earth would you lower the leaderboard payments for cash players before lowering the rake?  Are you paying no attention to your players who have been complaining on and off site about the rake for months.  Instead you run apology free rolls for busto players who probably have less than $100 usd on site and proceed to kick your cash game regs in the nuts who keep your site afloat.

Plus you've gone and done the leaderboard wrong again. You want to pay less players but give them each bigger rewards.  What you've done is all wrong by paying more players but giving them each less. The more you flatten the payouts, the less incentive there is for players to fight for it and move up.

Maybe you should give chat back to your regs. Take a look at the table below. 4 out of 5 players are chat banned. If 4 out of 5 players are banned maybe the problem isn't with the players, maybe it's with whoever is imposing the bans.

More deleted posts in the main thread.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 08:18:48 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:58:27 PM by AlexTrebbert

In order for limit games to be sustainable, the rake has to be lower.  This has been gone over countless times over the past 10 or 20 years.  If you look at PokerStars and ACR, you will see the rake is 2% capped at 50 cent for $1/2 - $10/20 heads up.  It's 1% and $1 at $15/30 and up.  Once again somehow you think charging 2.5% and $1 cap at mid stakes limit heads up is ok.  This is ever worse because most of the games that run are mixed games that have a huge percentage of split pot games which are notorious rake traps.  I'm not asking for a break here. I'm asking for the established industry standard.

The specific problem is here:

Limit (at 35k btc price)
100/200 ($3.50/$7) - 500/1000 ($17.50/$35) --- 2 players -- 30 chips ($1.05)

Needs to be 14 chips.

These are the games that run. And you only offer 5% rakeback to start. ACR offers 27%.

Another post from today deleted.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 09:59:43 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2021, 11:44:16 PM by AlexTrebbert

Detailed analysis of rake will be posted soon.
ThatOneGuyOnHere (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 11:38:35 PM

Detailed analysis of rake will be posted soon.

BuT cAp Is LoWer, peRcEntAGe doEsN'T mAtTEr...
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 11:42:20 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:58:58 PM by AlexTrebbert

Table is just for 2 players at a non heads up table. This is the rake players pay for starting a table. In almost every circumstance, if you go from left to right you will see the rake % and rake cap increase.  There has been a slow, gradual deliberate increase in the rake and the cap. Each rake adjustment it goes up a little more. The USD rake calculations are made on the day of the rake change at the bitstamp price listed on the previous chart.

If I get around to it I will do this for 3 handed and 4 handed plus as well.

The increase in the % is huge at the lower and micro stakes. Especially all those games that don't hit the cap on a regular basis. Hopefully I will get around to making charts that show the rake in BB as well for you micro kids.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 01:29:58 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:59:28 PM by AlexTrebbert

Fixed limit rake as compared to ACR and PokerStars.  Several issues. The main one being the % needs to be lowered headsup and the cap needs to be lowered about 50% to $.50 at the $3/6 - $10/$20 stakes.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 04:30:07 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:53:04 PM by AlexTrebbert

Today's SWC rake converted to USD at current BTC prices.  As you can still see the heads up rake cap is an absolute disaster and some of the highest if not the highest in the industry.  Rake was adjusted 3 days ago on SWC and this chart reflects those changes.  Main SWC thread is currently locked. Will post in there when possible.
AlexTrebbert

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:50:33 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 07:47:36 PM by AlexTrebbert

Thank you to our loyal players that understand how hard it is to run SwC Poker.

We see the complaining players are louder than the happy players that enjoy our bitcoin poker room but we will continue to build the site better and better.

2021 will be a great year for us with new features and improvements.

Thank you for the support!

This is a horribly unprofessional response and should be deleted.  This just reeks of higherhighs and his smug chat.  Can't you find someone with more tact to deal with the customers on and off site? This would make your life so much easier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: