Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Tiny value.. until it isn't. With use and more markets and store of wealth, even if it takes a couple more years the price will increase naturally if it's used and the blockchain is strong.

You may be right, but predicting the future is notoriously difficult. My comment was about what I observe today with merge-mined coins in general (including UNO) and the apparent disconnect between difficulty/hash rate and price.

Hashrate = Security

Also: merge mining is the only known way to have a secure pow-network maintained LONGTERM on absolute minimal inflation

As a store of value (a coin you want to hold longterm) merge mining is the optimal choice.
The alternative to merge mining is unsecure pos or high inflation. Choose your poison.

I think merge mining and low inflation is actually a phantastic combination. 

Uno will shine again, no doubt.  Wink
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:56:23 PM

Just checked the network page at Chainz. For the first time I can remember, they are reporting NO old wallets on the network.  100% "new fork" of UNO.  It wasn't a problem since the .01 protocol solidly owned the network, but it's still good to see the network cleaned up.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!network

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:54:07 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 12:41:58 PM by FallingKnife

Today I tried the instant exchange at SafeCex.com.  As instant exchanges go the price of Uno at SafeCex seemed fair, especially compared to shapeshift.io.
I paid a competitive .00327 btc for UNO.

SafeCex applies the instant buys directly to their order book,  a great feature. Why don't ALL bitcoin exchanges open up their order books for anonymous purchases?  I see no reason why I should have to create an exchange account just to buy off the sell book. Instant purchases like this, at a competitive price and fee, makes sense and saves the time of  having to tranfer bitcoin to purchase Uno, and then transfer the Uno out. That entire process could easily require 30 minutes or more.  But just sniping orders anonymously and instantly off the sell book is fast and easy with SafeCex.   I think that every exchange should offer this.

I watched the Bitcoin transaction go through and I had my Uno by the 3rd Bitcoin confirmation.  

SafeCex seems to have about 250 Uno for sale on the exchange.

I'm still unclear about exactly who or where SafeCex is, but my experience with their instant exchange was a good one.  Until this exchanges has a little history behind it, I'm content to buy off their sell book anonymously.

Update: Just tried a 2nd instant purchase for about 10 Uno and this time, the transaction is stuck. I messaged the operator. Will let you know how it is resolved.

Update: Received my Uno a few hours after messaging Safecex on BCT.

Nostr:
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:47:30 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:01:57 AM by BitcoinNational

Knife
i thought exactly the same.

SafeCex (anonymous instant buys) ... instant gratification Grin
And the prices look fair for various combinations.

I was going to sell some securecoins for UNO, but securecoin seems to have no known nodes :/

The exchange coin diaspora has started, there are likely to be a 12 ALT/btc major exchanges, then thrice that amount of small exchanges that will likely run LTC, ETH, Doge, or even UNO base pair markets.

But the service!  I need a one-stop-shop!!

Thus, I'd like to see (or create) a service for UNO that pulls from the books of all UNO listings on all markets, just a trade bot eventually.

Right now it would take team of OTC desk traders, but in 12 months things will streamline, would like to know more about the Quatloo, Ruby, and other trade bots coin projects.

----
Blueman
i've always thought UNO community should strive to back the value with physicals (gold or silver)
so hang with the goldbugs http://www.jsmineset.com/  www.sgtreport.com bixweir rule

but your comment on artwork is very intriguing

linking UNO to rare existing Artwork, future Art projects and most importantly Artist ... plus it fits with the brand name better than standard commodities

thanks for the inspiration  Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:40:42 AM

Cool, I was not aware that safecex has that feature! Fallingknife, could you at some point in the next 5 days use crypto.id to check the wallet where your safecex UNO came from? I'll play with it eventually myself but I'd like to get a figure for the exchange report.

A few days ago I messaged coinmarketcap about adding safecex, so hopefully they get around to that eventually, they've always been very speedy with my update requests but I imagine they have a lot of requests since they list 600+ currencies.

sneval

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:04:22 AM

Safecex exchanging in 2 ways. Anonymous way and usual way like the normal exchanges where you create account, store, buy sell coins. The instant anonymous exchange is a great tool for that exchange. However, I didn't try it and don't know how long it will take to process a transaction.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:17:16 AM

Today I tried the instant exchange at SafeCex.com.  As instant exchanges go the price of Uno at SafeCex seemed fair, especially compared to shapeshift.io.
I paid a competitive .00327 btc for UNO.

SafeCex applies the instant buys directly to their order book,  a great feature. Why don't ALL bitcoin exchanges open up their order books for anonymous purchases?  I see no reason why I should have to create an exchange account just to buy off the sell book. Instant purchases like this, at a competitive price and fee, makes sense and saves the time of  having to tranfer bitcoin to purchase Uno, and then transfer the Uno out. That entire process could easily require 30 minutes or more.  But just sniping orders anonymously and instantly off the sell book is fast and easy with SafeCex.   I think that every exchange should offer this.

Update: Just tried a 2nd instant purchase for about 10 Uno and this time, the transaction is stuck. I messaged the operator. Will let you know how it is resolved.

I may have jumped the gun a few pages back, but I DO believe the instant exchange is a great thing. I will personally stick with ShapeShift for it, though. Anonimity does not bother once the entity through time, support and efforts prove they are competent. Take BTC-e for example. They've proven they are good and useful as an exchange. Competent. SafeCex may end up being there in the long run but I don't hold faith in them. That exchange is kind of "flash in the pan" to me.  

BlueMan! Keep up the excellent work. The oilwork is looking awesome.

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 07:00:01 AM

My bitcoin stockpiles are finally recovering, I was over at Poloniex managing my lending accounts when I noticed that they still have URO listed, the most 24-hour volume it has had on Poloniex in the last 3 months is......$1. That coin, its community, its website and its project development has completely and fully died. Poloniex has 11 coins listed with 0.000 bitcoin volume today. They have 28 coins with less than 0.01 ($3.80) of daily volume.

So we've had no luck getting listed on that beautiful exchange despite many community requests, yet they have dozens of barely living coins listed, some of them completely dead. Someone in the chatbox said that Poloniex doesn't like to delist coins even when they have no volume, I totally understand & support that sentiment but there must be a limit. If a coin cannot maintain $2 of trades average per day ($0.004 in fees) then they need to replace it with a more prosperous coin. That is more than a little frustrating to me.

Please, if you are reading this and you haven't sent a request for Poloniex to add Unobtanium, please, please do it now. If you sent them a request more than 3 months ago, please send another.

https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest

It may seem contradictory for me to write long posts about my goals to keep as much UNO off of exchanges as possible then work toward getting added on other exchanges, but it's much better to have 10,000 coins spread across 6 exchanges than 16,000 coins spread across 4 exchanges (as long as we stay on top of things & watch for signs of sketchiness)

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:58:08 AM

Tiny value.. until it isn't. With use and more markets and store of wealth, even if it takes a couple more years the price will increase naturally if it's used and the blockchain is strong.

You may be right, but predicting the future is notoriously difficult. My comment was about what I observe today with merge-mined coins in general (including UNO) and the apparent disconnect between difficulty/hash rate and price.

Hashrate = Security

Also: merge mining is the only known way to have a secure pow-network maintained LONGTERM on absolute minimal inflation

As a store of value (a coin you want to hold longterm) merge mining is the optimal choice.
The alternative to merge mining is unsecure pos or high inflation. Choose your poison.

Not sure I would agree with the merge mining comment, as you are basically saying the coin cannot survive on its own merits, and must depend on another chain, in his case Bitcoin's.

In any event my original comment was primarily about how I see merge mining as being a primary cause of the disconnect between the hash rate and the value - in general I do not think people are mining UNO because they want Unobtanium, they are mining because they want BTC and it is basically "free" to also merge mine, so why wouldn't you mine and then sell for any non-zero value, they were "free" after all?

Regarding the "store of value", well I know we see it mentioned a lot in this thread, but I cannot really see how a market cap of half a million dollars (or thereabouts, I haven't checked) less all the lost/dormant coins, can provide a meaningful "store of value" for more than a few enthusiasts.
yaamp

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:34:38 AM

sorry for the long delay for the UNO withdraw. we were short

safecex

yaamp.com
fernforest

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:09:56 AM

I can't wait until Unobtanium becomes more valuable than tin.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:49:13 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:15:37 AM by BitcoinNational

well we aim to make it more valuable than a BBL of oil, there's another commodity that we could use to back UNO Wink
achievable target this week too!

**in my opinion**
UNO's target use market is the coming bitcoin'd forex/commodity/stock market traders.
it's already here, and we can make money promoting reliable brokerage houses.
just saw a fancy youtube ad for one.

Now traders will likely load accounts and withdraw in BTC or LTC but their profits and their capital reserves need a home Wink
UNO = profitanium
and the holders actually have and own forex/commodity/stock accounts with said assets to back UNO!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:59:41 AM

Regarding the "store of value", well I know we see it mentioned a lot in this thread, but I cannot really see how a market cap of half a million dollars (or thereabouts, I haven't checked) less all the lost/dormant coins, can provide a meaningful "store of value" for more than a few enthusiasts.

Well you are right.  So don't invest in UNO.  But keep in mind the same exact argument was made about Bitcoin, 9999 bitcoins wasn't even worth a pizza pie.

UNO is bitcoin elite, under 4 coins/day inflation, less in the future, attached to the bitcoin hash power (so secure if bitcoin is secure), and can utilize any code developments done by the btc core devs, cuz UNO is bitcoin but elite/rare, and fair.

In fact UNO is one of a few "actual" up and running and trading of these much discussed "bitcoin side chains".  It is time tested and proven.  But it is also a gamble, not a sure thing.   So wait until UNO trades @ 1.95 btc, because @ 0.00333ish it is not a sure thing.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:46:37 PM

sorry for the long delay for the UNO withdraw. we were short

safecex

Thanks, yaamp.

I confirm receipt of my Uno via Safecex's Instant Anonymous Exchange.

The books show there are about 250 Uno on the exchange. How were you short?

Nostr:
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:49:31 PM

Hashrate = Security

Not sure I would agree with the merge mining comment, as you are basically saying the coin cannot survive on its own merits, and must depend on another chain, in his case Bitcoin's.

In any event my original comment was primarily about how I see merge mining as being a primary cause of the disconnect between the hash rate and the value - in general I do not think people are mining UNO because they want Unobtanium, they are mining because they want BTC and it is basically "free" to also merge mine, so why wouldn't you mine and then sell for any non-zero value, they were "free" after all?

Quoting this for the irc logs war chest.  Cheesy

https://archive.is/9YtNP

I actually just started snapshotting all "self-moderated" threads because of deleted comments. Truth and sensibility have no expiration date.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 01:09:59 PM

BigVern say...

Uno wallet has not moved yet.

Nostr:
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:27:29 PM

BigVern say...

Vern seems to be going alphabetic
select wallets A-E are open

Was ETH listed on cryptsy before the shut down?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:36:52 PM

BigVern say...

Vern seems to be going alphabetic
select wallets A-E are open

Was ETH listed on cryptsy before the shut down?
I think he just opened them for himself!  Tongue

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
tertius993

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:44:44 PM

Well you are right.  So don't invest in UNO.  But keep in mind the same exact argument was made about Bitcoin, 9999 bitcoins wasn't even worth a pizza pie.

UNO is bitcoin elite, under 4 coins/day inflation, less in the future, attached to the bitcoin hash power (so secure if bitcoin is secure), and can utilize any code developments done by the btc core devs, cuz UNO is bitcoin but elite/rare, and fair.

In fact UNO is one of a few "actual" up and running and trading of these much discussed "bitcoin side chains".  It is time tested and proven.  But it is also a gamble, not a sure thing.   So wait until UNO trades @ 1.95 btc, because @ 0.00333ish it is not a sure thing.  

I don't think an investment is the same as a "store of value". One may invest almost any amount in the hope of a return, but for something to be a practical store of value it requires a reasonable market cap.

I'd be delighted for UNO to trade at B1.95 but I'm not holding my breath, sadly.

Finally UNO is not a "side chain" of BTC, at least not in the terms set out in the sidechain white paper. Being merge-mined does not a sidechain make.
tertius993

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:45:34 PM

Hashrate = Security

Quoting this for the irc logs war chest.  Cheesy

https://archive.is/9YtNP

I actually just started snapshotting all "self-moderated" threads because of deleted comments. Truth and sensibility have no expiration date.

I don't know what this means?
Pages: « 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: