Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your seed?  (Read 1862 times)
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:00:08 PM

I know many way to securely store seeds and most of those become so hard and not satisfactory for me as i don't want to make things complex.i Simply write my seeds on note paper in laptop, then save it.then make some copies, transfer those to my smartphones, also upload to my google drive, so that i never lost them.note that, i don't use that gmail anywhere but only to keep a copy of my seed.of course hackers can't access my gmail cause they don't know about those but i know if my computer get attacked by virus, then that maybe risky for seed but i like the way best for myself
There's actually a lot of ways for you to save your seed, just make sure that those drivers are only accessible by you only to prevent other people from stealing that important information. I think it is better to use your personal computer since it is only staying in your house, instead of using a phone because you can lose your mobile phone at any time. It is also fine to store that important information on online storage, just make sure it is secure that only you can access that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 09:13:52 PM

Personally I do not trust any electronic programs or apps for keeping my data there, especially seeds or keys to wallets. So I do not recommend this to others. Of course the most riable place fo keeping such things is offline not connected with your gadgets place. Because to find the information on any of your gadgets will not be such a big problem for different tech genius.
So what do you use?paper wallet or Hand written?Nano Ledger is also electronic program though offline,But i can assure you just like many user that you are safe having there your cryptos.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
CoinPeer

Activity: 910
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 07:26:42 PM

In my opinion, each of us should write down the private keys in our wallet on a piece of paper in the form of coding and keep it in a secret place.  So that no one understands that it is the private key of a wallet.  Because online is never safe.  Any time it could crash, it could be hacked.  So each of us should figure out a way out of the alternative.

────[DAXE Token]────
First Multi-Chain Certificate of Deposit
daxetoken.net
oktana

Activity: 1596
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2020, 08:20:53 PM

I think the best place for storing you phrase is offline. Maybe on your diary but at least 2 - 3 places. But if you will store it in your diary or something similar, then you don't have to make it obvious that it's your phrase. You could spilt the works on different pages so it doesn't make sense to others. For those who's phrase are 12, you could cram it. 12 words isn't much afterall.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2020, 11:26:39 PM

the private key / seed is a private thing.
I regularly checked on this thread to get new insight on how people store their private key /seed.
steganography is my favorite, but I haven't tried it yet.

maybe this is optional, but...
wherever you store your private key or seed, make sure to have some guidance for people who you trust the most, to tell them that you own crypto.
you could consider reading the discussion on the thread below.

What happens to my bitcoin if I die today?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284708.0
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2020, 11:43:48 PM

I think the best place for storing you phrase is offline. Maybe on your diary but at least 2 - 3 places. But if you will store it in your diary or something similar, then you don't have to make it obvious that it's your phrase. You could spilt the works on different pages so it doesn't make sense to others. For those who's phrase are 12, you could cram it. 12 words isn't much afterall.
I think what you are doing is right but when you are experiencing memory loss it will make it difficult for you, it's better if you can save it on Google Drive, Facebook Chat, Telegram Chat or if you can also combine it by printing out and after that You can layer it with hard mica so that you have the phrase in physical form and only you know how to open it.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2020, 03:59:09 AM

Unlike most of the users here, I have stored my seed online. I know that there is always a risk of someone hacking in and stealing the seed, but I believe I have taken all the necessary precautions. Even if there is a chance, it is going to be extremely low (like 0.000001%). I am not very comfortable with writing down the seed on paper and physically storing it. IMO, it carries a greater risk.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 04:42:41 AM

I think what you are doing is right but when you are experiencing memory loss it will make it difficult for you, it's better if you can save it on Google Drive, Facebook Chat, Telegram Chat or if you can also combine it by printing out and after that You can layer it with hard mica so that you have the phrase in physical form and only you know how to open it.
Storing important data such as private key and seed in Facebook Chat, Telegram chat or other related social media is discouraged due to their vulnerability to hacking. Storing them online is much riskier than offline. It's also good to secure it by using a flashdisk because in my opinion it is much better.

Use two flashdisk to store them safely and put them in two different place. Instead, you can also increase security by creating folder with security keys.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oktana

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2020, 10:48:29 PM

Loss of memory? That's a quite a rare case. Besides, the places you just mentioned are quite accessible by people. Anyone can open your facebook chat, tg chat, google drive easily.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 03:54:55 PM

I've seen a lot of creative ideas above, but I think most of them are unnecessary. I wrote my seed on paper and tried to memorize it and then burned the paper. Actually, it is really easy, only has 24 words. If you read only for one hour, you can memorize it very easily.
Is it really work to memorize the seeds? I don't think so. Because it can be forgotten after a few months or years. Normally, you can not be engaged a few weeks or months with trading or you can forget to enter the exchanges. So it is not surprising to forget seeds if you don't note down it. Only memorizing is a risky thing.

I have stored my seeds on the drive, Google notes, offline store in my laptop and mobile and lastly in the paper by writing.

yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1857

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2020, 04:28:48 AM

You have a good discussion of all the possibilities that can happen in terms of options for keeping your wallet seed, that's really cool, there are a lot of ways of course, but every method has a loophole somewhere, I believe in fate if you are destined to lose your coins it will be done by stealing your password or Stealing the paper on which the seed was written and all the other possibilities that you mentioned, so I do what I have to do, and in the event that one of these possibilities arises, this is my destiny.
For me I store it on a white paper and I also store it in a file on the computer that is encrypted with a password and contains many normal things that make it difficult to know that this is a seed in a wallet in case the file is stolen and decrypted.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 08:07:02 AM

Saving in good drive and chats? Do you think it is safer way to store all your assets in such places?

Google drive or chats are not encrypted even though the company claim it was,.so just prefer offline storage for important data to be stored.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 08:14:42 AM

There is both chances to lose your seed once you did not keep in well place. A lot of people write it down their seeds to the paper because it is more safe than the saving it to the online because it is risky to hack. Even offline you save your seeds there is still possibility to lose and many others gone their coins because of keeping in a wrong place but or maybe you make your own code that you are only understand and save it online to become more safe.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 08:53:23 AM

Better storing on google drive? Facebook? You will end up losing all of your stored BTC eventually because saving seeds through anh online device or even devices which barely get connected online are risky. Offline is the best way to store it; have it on your private diary or on your private locker.

Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 09:15:15 AM

Initially, I store my wallet's seeds on notepads on my Desktop or phone. But I always remove them as soon as I already wrote it on a piece of paper.
The best place to store these kind of authentications is on things that doesn't use internet which is prone to hackers.

franch

Activity: 1386
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 07:57:19 PM

There are so many ways to recover the seed, all i do is write my seed in a notepad and save and encrypt it in an image for backup, then to google drive and computer where I saved it. I think this is the best and safest way.
oktana

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2020, 10:20:10 PM

Is it really work to memorize the seeds? I don't think so. Because it can be forgotten after a few months or years. Normally, you can not be engaged a few weeks or months with trading or you can forget to enter the exchanges. So it is not surprising to forget seeds if you don't note down it. Only memorizing is a risky thing.

I have stored my seeds on the drive, Google notes, offline store in my laptop and mobile and lastly in the paper by writing.

Of course it's possible. If the average person can memorize their phone number, account number, some can memorize words from a movie, we can definitely memorize the mnemonic phrase. All you need is time. And once you've mastered it, only death can take it away.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
Chris Barth

Activity: 569
Merit: 88

Credibility: 999

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 05:52:03 AM

There are so many ways to recover the seed, all i do is write my seed in a notepad and save and encrypt it in an image for backup, then to google drive and computer where I saved it. I think this is the best and safest way.

Did you just say safest way? I don't see how wise or safe it is that you store your phrase in your google drive account. People's google account can be hacked (if not by a stranger, then by someone around you). You need to store it in a place with a higher security.

Get a wallet and move some BTCs, here's mine: [12GZz7hegu8VCkJYHSuP3WTXg7LGXgL1vT]
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:47:13 AM

Did you just say safest way? I don't see how wise or safe it is that you store your phrase in your google drive account. People's google account can be hacked (if not by a stranger, then by someone around you). You need to store it in a place with a higher security.

Most likely, this person is just trolling you. Storing this phrase on Google drive is as stupid as just posting it on your social networks - those who do not need it will not even understand why it is and what it is, and those who know what it is - it will not be difficult to open your Google drive or any other cloud storage. It is best to store such items on cold wallets and duplicate them several times.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 04:06:30 AM

I had an electrum seed and wrote it on piece of paper.  I then decided to write it on a password program like lastpass/keepass.  So in order to get into the lastpass, you need a password.  And i put the lastpass in dropbox/google drive and store it there.  My thought was if someone somehow hacked into my gmail/dropbox, well they still need the password to my lastpass in order to get into my electrum seed.  I put the electrum seed in there as i type it out a long with my other bank account and everything whether its online site or anything.
But i don't trust Gmail or Dropbox to have my passwords or any other important documents i have,I don't knw but i felt not safer having them connected in my crypto assets.
I felt like this since there are so many issue of Google selling or letting others have our Data's so i tend not to use them in any crypto or money related things.

I would rather write my seeds in paper and store this in a very secured and secret places 1 place each of them so even if there have made access in one,at least others are protected and will stay safe for a matter of another time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: