Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:49:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abusing The Bitcointalk Trust System For Personal And Selfish Interests  (Read 4002 times)
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 2210

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 09:54:56 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2020, 10:05:13 PM by dragonvslinux

Thanks for elaborating, I wasn't aware of this. I'm glad to hear the situation has since been resolved by those negs removed and changed to netrual, for me this is worthy of consideration. I do see your point though if shitposters were directed to this thread, I would assume BD weren't stupid enough to do so, maybe only letting their loyal long term bounty hunters aware of something, but I do see your point and starting to realise there's a lot I don't know about this situation as well as this team.

Vispilio does have good English but Bounty Detective doesn't really have enough written material to make an apt comparison between the two. I'd say Bounty Detective using Vispilio's telegram and profile ID is weird enough by itself.

~~~I'm not sure about that, the OP uses a lot of words in good English, better than Vispilio, not all of them I've read either. ...

Wait what ?  Grin Way to throw me under the bus, out of all the things you said this sentence is the most surreal of all, and your credibility will go up 100x if you correct this provably false statement.

Ok, I removed it. I think I might have initially mistaken you for someone else. It's also not quite what I meant, more so that it appears to be a different style of writing, at least to me.

I'm willing to bet 100 BTC that Bounty Detective organization is now reaching out to some senior members to paint things in a very different light to save face here and manipulate people into misrepresenting certain realities about them;

Manipulate others into believing certain realities about them or the situation, possible. Hence I'm trying to understand things better. I'll bare this in mind thanks.

I will leave it at that, under the condition that the real sneaky McCoy who calls himself BountyDetective immediately stops his dirty tactics of manipulation, it's just so disgusting and unethical on so many levels Wink

Ok, so you don't like BountyDetective anymore, though you were involved before and stuff, noted.

English is your first language, right? Vispilio has a bigger vocabulary than many native English speakers -- not sure how much attention you've been paying to his posts.

Yes one them, and using a wider range of vocabulary doesn't necessary mean you speak better English either. I haven't been paying that much attention to his posts no, not for a while at least, and probably shouldn't be comparing, especially since haven't read all of what BD wrote either. None the less the style of English appears very different to me, this is what I should have said. Native English speakers don't use a complex grasp of English generally speaking, unless you've studied it, myself included, thus it can be easier to read and understand. Vispilio probably writes in "Higher English", this is completely subjective whether this is a better English or not and depends on the context. BountyDetective appear to write in "Standard English", more basic and understandable English, those that natives are more used to, depending on the context - in my opinion.

What about the fact that BountyDetective copy/pasted a post with Vispilio's social media information, and then instead of just correcting it to their own they deleted it? Doesn't register?

To me it seems like Vispilio was part of their team, based on the evidence provided, but quite clearly not anymore. Unless he sadistically enjoys slandering his own project as a passing hobby, an intriguing but unrealistic conspiracy theory imo. I haven't looked at "date of deletion" to see if this relevant or not, but also feel it's besides the point.

In any case, I don't really care as most bounties are for either scams or shit projects, but it seems like they are 100% the same people.

Shit projects, for sure. Most coins are shitcoins right? I don't think this makes these bounty programs scams though.

I'm surprised after what I've read you still think Vispilio is BountyDetective, but what do I know.

Wish I hadn't bothered posting in this thread now  Roll Eyes Even if I do appreciate the diversity of people's concerns that have been raised here.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8982

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 10:29:49 PM

I'm willing to bet 100 BTC that Bounty Detective organization is now reaching out to some senior members to paint things in a very different light to save face here and manipulate people into misrepresenting certain realities about them;

I will leave it at that, under the condition that the real sneaky McCoy who calls himself BountyDetective immediately stops his dirty tactics of manipulation, it's just so disgusting and unethical on so many levels Wink

Cool story. Were you drugged or forced at gunpoint to shill for them? Are they still #1 in the world, or not anymore?
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 04:17:45 AM

Cool story. Were you drugged or forced at gunpoint to shill for them? Are they still #1 in the world, or not anymore?

At the risk of giving them some more free publicity Smiley :

They are number 1 in certain metrics, far behind in others, I like Detective as a group, I greatly dislike the proprietor, so it's true I severed my collaboration with them...

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 07:31:55 PM

^ hex.com

That domain could have sold for six figures, but associating it with a ponzi destroyed that.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 08:34:10 PM

An army of shitposters magically finding their way to this thread, learning to speak English for the first time in their lives, etc indicates that the OP doesn't have 7 pages of real support. Those are either OP's sockpuppets or some telegram lemmings told to go post here.

The word that you seek is “meatpuppet”, a term that I am introducing to this forum from Wikipedia’s editing community; for a correct usage example:
I think that merit source privileges should be subject to periodic review—and “unapplications”, in case of those who systematically abuse source merits as a political tool to build their own meatpuppet armies.

Shitposters streaming in from a TG channel most assuredly qualify as meatpuppets.

Observe that the WP:MEATPUPPET link redirects to WP:SOCKPUPPET, and both related concepts are defined and discussed on the same page.  “Oh, see my support from all of these bounty-chasers who came from my TG channel, created new accounts, and posted what I told them to!” is textbook greedy shill meatpuppetry, not different in practice than sockpuppetry.  Moreover, I think that it qualifies as incentivized forum spam; such spam should be deleted by the moderators, given sufficient evidence that that is the source of the flood of “supportive” Newbie posts.  If I had time to kill seriously investigating each account on a case-by-case basis, I would also consider tagging such accounts.

A general note, while I am defining new terms to the forum:  Judiciousness must be used in accusations of meatpuppetry.  People who happen to agree, or who simply are friends, are not thereby automatically meatpuppets of each other.  In my opinion, in the abstract, the key question is whether or not people are exercising independent judgment and voicing their own independent opinions.  Wikipedia’s definition offers us one clear indicator that they are not, and it is directly applicable to this thread:

Persuading friends or colleagues to create accounts for the purpose of supporting one side of a dispute (usually called meatpuppetry)

See also, “astroturfing”.

* nullius is a loose cannon, the extreme opposite of a meatpuppet.  (Source: nullius.)
You know that I am a loose cannon, even moreso than Lauda.
You know that I am a loose cannon, even moreso than Lauda.

^ hex.com

That domain could have sold for six figures, but associating it with a ponzi destroyed that.  :/

I see what you did there.

Now, I will buy it for chump change* and permanently redirect it to the Catbat Witch’s goodbye thread. 😼

* For users who have been BANNED by Sarcasm, I should explain:  Maybe not six figures; and I doubt that the value of the domain on the “domainer” market is not really affected by whatever garbage it has showed.  That they use the domain for this rather than selling it illustrates how profitable SCAMS can be for those at the top of the pyramid, at least for awhile...  For comparison, bitcoin.com would still be worth plenty—despite its currently being abused to host a scam.  Vod cast a hell of a pun, and I am exercising humour under its spell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: