Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:42:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump ≈ Biden: They fundamentally agree on *all* of the important issues!  (Read 372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 02:20:02 AM

My anti-democracy message is generally applicable.  I focused it on the American election, only because this is an American-based forum where “Love Trump”/“Hate Trump” talk is all the rage!

P.S., if you are German, then don’t votedemocracy is a SCAM, and all of the parties are bad.  But if you do vote, then vote for AfD:-)

Not voting is not the fix.

Yes.  Yes, it is—or rather, it is the beginning thereof.

What would disillusioned non-voters do, if they lost the faith of democratic votaries?  Surely, not nothing!

Don’t make me bring out that hamster-wheel GIF again, or launch into another speech about
the consent of the governed upon which the power of all régimes must ultimately repose.
...which is a phrase that I first used in reply to you in WO, philip:
The illusion was being lost—and with it, the consent of the governed upon which the power of all régimes must ultimately repose.  Thus stepped onstage Trump, a professional showman, to stir the pot just enough to get the enthusiasms flowing both for and against him.

Tell me, why do you suppose that the mass-media wail and gnash their teeth whenever voter turnout rates drop?  Do you believe that they care about your freedom?

Democracy is a SCAM, and voting is the trap that keeps you under the control of the system.

The masses vote for tyranny, because it is what they want.  You cannot reason with them.  If you cherish freedom, then your table of values differs fundamentally from that of the masses whose votes will always outnumber yours.

Are so many millions of people, in so many democratic countries around the world, all voting for leaders and policies which they actually don’t want?  Really?  Or do you simply disagree with what they want, and project your own desires onto them through your unexamined assumption that they must be just like you?

Against that, what can freethinking individuals do?

Free yourself first from the moral authority of the mob.  You owe nothing to mass opinion; therefore, the laws which rise on mass opinion have no proper authority over you.  You do not consent to be governed by the votes of millions of anthropoid livestock who want to be bound in chains—who eagerly embrace those chains just as long as they remain warm, fed, and adequately entertained.  You are a law unto yourself.

Wherefore “anarchy” as to the masses and their so-called “governments”, which are in truth no more than the largest, most well-armed organized criminal gangs.  Don’t reject authority:  Be your own authority.

Reductio ad absurdum, if millions of people were to vote for mandatory coprophagy, then would you comply?  —More importantly, would you consider it a matter of conscience to obey their laws?

Freedom begins in the mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:39:24 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2020, 06:14:15 PM by Cnut237

Trump ≈ Biden: They fundamentally agree on *all* of the important issues!
The coke/pepsi analogy is appropriate. The issue of course is that 'capitalist democracy' is an oxymoron. Those with money run the show, and always have. In an election, you are never voting to remove the reins of power from the elite, you are instead voting for a figurehead, a public face, that's all. Nothing changes behind the scenes.

They differ very little in degree, and not at all in kind.
The difference is that Trump is vastly more confrontational. He creates and establishes support though the classic Orwellian 'us and them' approach. Just as capitalism is a process rather than an end-state, so is this opposition-building. It can't continue indefinitely; eventually it reaches breaking-point. Biden's "I'm not Trump!" candidacy can be viewed as the establishment attempting to return to the pre-Trumpian status quo. 'Us and them' is tried and tested, but the idea is for it to be carefully targeted outwards, not turned on the establishment itself. Trump is a destabilising influence, a threat... he's more than an obnoxious front-end (yes, that is a phallic metaphor).

The masses vote for tyranny, because it is what they want.
The masses vote for tyranny because it is what they are taught to want. Democracy is viewed by many as simply a right, when it should also be viewed as a responsibility. Is true democracy possible or even desirable, if opinions can be corrupted and managed so easily?

Democracy is a SCAM, and voting is the trap that keeps you under the control of the system.
I don't know if it's a scam. That implies subterfuge. People in 'democracies' are complicit, or are conditioned to be complicit. The manipulation of opinions is often quite overt and transparent. You say that people want tyranny, but is that because they have been taught to want it? What is the alternative? I've been looking for years, but have found nothing. Anarchism is utopian and only works with ideal people... but if people were like that, then democracy would work. Communism doesn't work for the same reason, it's far too easy to corrupt.

Also sprach
Übermensch needs the herd as a backdrop. How to liberate the herd? "We are all individuals" can't work. What's left? Eternal return?

Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 11:09:44 AM

There might be a large number of similarities between these two guys but we shouldn't forget that one is a republican and the other one a democrats. For example climate change is big issue for Democrats. It is very likely that Biden is joining again the Paris agreement. A second big difference between the two is about trade in my opinion. Biden and the Democrats are not as protective as Trump. For example the free trade agreement with the EU was no priority for Trump. But Biden is likely to push that topic again. Obama before him was heavily invested in TTIP agreement. I would bet Biden is going to pick up the pieces and renew the talks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: