Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:37:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops Confusion  (Read 1202 times)
angrybirdy

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2020, 11:49:18 AM

I think that kind is the typical airdrops nowadays, they are requiring some registration process or something with referral activities.
Airdrop should be the same with faucet or at least only need to join the telegram group or follow social medias.
My point is, airdrop should be created without bothersome requirements so everyone have fair chance to get free coins and tokens.

Yes, it becomes the common scenario nowadays compared to what airdrops that we have experienced before. Old airdrops are just really giving away their coins without asking the participants to do anything like sharing in social media or what. But right now, airdrop campaigns are taking advantage of the bounty hunters, requiring them to do a certain task in exchange of a valueless airdrop coin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 02:13:57 PM

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.
We can consider it as a bounty campaign. Airdrop should be distributed to all of the participants as free without asking them any requirements and to do tasks. However, on these days they need to sign up or follow on their social media to become part of their community to become eligible of receiving the airdrop. On this kind of scenario, this is clearly a bounty campaign and not just an airdrop that they give for free.
Kunnu

Activity: 1204
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 07:10:41 AM

Yes the procedure to participate in airdrops is something similar like participating in bounties you have to do some task to be get rewarded anyway these days mostly project owners are very clever they understand that if they add some task in their airdrop like asking to follow their social media channels and sharing posts so it will be more worthy for their project.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 08:01:06 AM

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?

Some project just misinterpret that word or they just deliberately use it to confuse gullible users to fall for their airdrop shenanigans, instead of doing the usual airdrop which we all know, some will request you follow their social media, do some certain task fill form and post link as evidence of task being done before you are qualify for the airdrop Grin  tell me how is it still an airdrop when you have done certain task already!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 08:07:25 AM

Airdrops don't cost a thing, joining social media accounts that won't take you less than few seconds isn't work, it's something we do almost everyday when we are on Twitter and Facebook, on airdrop side you are getting paid for it, don't take things too serious when it comes to Airdrops because even if you don't get paid you lose nothing but 10 second of your time

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 08:12:47 AM

same when i was a newb but i have a different approach , when i search the word airdrop it gives me different results on google ( not the typical crypto airdrop ) . moving on , airdrops are not really meant to be taskless if that was your concern because i never see one that you will only hand out your wallet address and they will just send the coins  without doing any extra  work . filling out the form by supplying the wallet address is still a task but how can they send the coins if you dont do this ?  those that are ask for investment are not airdrops but they can be scam or already called as an investment .
NoG-NoG

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 08:18:39 AM

I think they change the way of giving airdrop in which what we mostly knew is giving free token without doing or even investing anything into for you to get a free or a percentage of free token you need to give out by investing some fund. I think it is a new marketing strategy that project developers are now doing to earn and gain as well.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 08:38:11 AM

I think they change the way of giving airdrop in which what we mostly knew is giving free token without doing or even investing anything into for you to get a free or a percentage of free token you need to give out by investing some fund. I think it is a new marketing strategy that project developers are now doing to earn and gain as well.

They used the word to encourage people to participate by doing small things instead of distributing it without any works, it's been change and many people already forget about the true meaning of the word itself.

It should be free for all without any task just maybe your receiving wallet to get the free tokens for you.
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 12:56:37 PM

Its Bounty dude, Airdrop is difference with bounty. Airdrop need to do task too, but there are only follow or share in social media. Bounty need do task, but there is long time (2-12 week )/ depending of the bounty itself.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 01:08:21 PM

A lot of airdrop spreading these days, actually they called it airdrop just to attract more joiners to their project. There are many tasks to follow just to received their token like you will follow them in their FB page, twitter account, medium page, subscribe to their YouTube channel and must join in their telegram group. A lot of tasks yet it might end up scam.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
whiteblue

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 01:34:44 PM

A lot of airdrop spreading these days, actually they called it airdrop just to attract more joiners to their project. There are many tasks to follow just to received their token like you will follow them in their FB page, twitter account, medium page, subscribe to their YouTube channel and must join in their telegram group. A lot of tasks yet it might end up scam.
Yes, quite a lot of new projects have Airdrop programs to strengthen their community through a few tasks assigned to participants such as following Twitter and joining telegram.  but some of the Airdrops I participated in ended up being a scam because they had no value when listed on the exchange.
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 02:08:56 PM

yes airdrop is currently very much and they make the work to the hunter airdrop very easily this way is easy and free, but few are actually selling value uniswap be a listing of coin-coin airdrop lately many are scam not pay and the coin does not have a sale value.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 02:15:38 PM

I don't have any problem to complete some tasks when applying for some airdrop. The biggest problem is that some scammers are inviting people to register for an airdrop and then when the time comes to send tokens, they require some payment to be made to "compensate for transaction cost". But I have solution for those - I report them and they quickly get marked as spam or scam.

As for the real airdrops, people often expect too much from airdrops. You can't expect to get the same value as people got from UNI. Few bucks and that's it.
Ferrkokrom

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 06:30:25 AM

Guys I found dabbyfinance. You should explore this project because it is ver quilty.
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 07:23:55 AM

I think maybe it should be treated like bounty, because almost all the airdrops filled in google forms and tele bots are the program's form of calling people to join the community. Overall it is the bounty we are working on every day and I am starting to feel confused from your post ...  Tongue

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 07:38:30 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2020, 02:43:26 PM by fortunecrypto

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

It is only here in Cryptocurrency that the term airdrop becomes very much different from it's true meaning I participated on one airdrops and they ask me to do at least 5 task and do  KYC I did not push through it's not an airdrop to it's true meaning at all, it's more like a bounty campaign.
I don't know how this airdrop bounty campaign started but it has become the normal way of doing airdrop, so every time I see airdrop in the title of the thread I'm 100% sure it's more of a bounty and I'm always right.

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 08:53:28 AM

Airdrops are free giveaway to the public to atleast have the taste of how the token works, it's another way to advertising too, it's suppose to be completely free, projects who ask people to make some deposit are scam projects, all they should ask is do some easy tasks to get qualified for the giveaways

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 01:15:01 PM

Airdrops are free giveaway to the public to atleast have the taste of how the token works, it's another way to advertising too, it's suppose to be completely free, projects who ask people to make some deposit are scam projects, all they should ask is do some easy tasks to get qualified for the giveaways

Gifts that will impact mass promotions that people will be attracted to later and it is true that it doesn't take money to get that. The wrong way if the team asks to send a certain amount of money to get the results of the airdrop.
Without a doubt, it is a scam. Airdrop is a free token that is distributed free of charge and without conditions. Be careful and don't be easily tempted by extraordinary gifts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 01:41:40 PM

Airdrops these days are too different from the airdrops that we had before. Lots of airdrops these days are requiring us to do different tasks before they reward their participants. It's more likely to be bounties because of their requirements. Airdrops should be given free so they could attract more investors but most projects these days are also taking advantage of their participants through airdrop tasks. It's still for us to choose where to join but we better be wise and get rid of scam airdrops.
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 02:03:05 PM

Airdrops currently only attract many members to raise their rating to attract investors,

but for the coins given sometimes don't exist or are fake,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: