Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops Confusion  (Read 1202 times)
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:49:06 AM

For now, the airdrop system is mostly through a form and even has to send some crypto. I give an example for aidrop that is currently being carried out is an airdrop on the Binance smart chain. Which is where we have to send 0.001 BNB or 0.003 BNB to the address given. after that the token will enter. but the airdrop limit like this is limited. only 5 thousand people can participate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 09:02:08 AM

Airdrop nowadays have changed their requirements. But before, like in 2017, most airdrops will just ask your eth address or coin address to receive their coins without doing anything. But now, most of them will require you to tweet or like their social media channels to be eligible for airdrop. And the problem these days, is that when you finally receive those supposedly free coins, they are not worth sending to the exchange as you may incur higher tx fee than its actual value. So basically, you just wasted effort.

This is good if after filling out various forms and performing actions on social networks, the bounty hunter receives tokens to his wallet. But we know that such tokens usually cost nothing and will never have a price. But even more often it happens that bounty hunters do not get anything for the work done, and this brings more negativity towards airdrops.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:36:25 AM

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.
Actually this is how they are scamming airdroppers and Bountyhunters mate,they trying to tell people that it is airdrop or bounty but required the KYC to be
fill up and that is the only reason why they are running such thing.

because after getting the details of each people then the work is done and won't paid even a penny to the participants.

People should understand this first before joinig any so if they become a victim at least they already knew the risk and wont claim anything from the team or anyone else.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:46:40 AM

Airdrop nowadays have changed their requirements. But before, like in 2017, most airdrops will just ask your eth address or coin address to receive their coins without doing anything. But now, most of them will require you to tweet or like their social media channels to be eligible for airdrop. And the problem these days, is that when you finally receive those supposedly free coins, they are not worth sending to the exchange as you may incur higher tx fee than its actual value. So basically, you just wasted effort.

That is why I am also quite confused by these two.

As you've said, in the past you will just fill up a google sheet and after that, you will just need to wait before it was sent, then it happened that an airdrop needed you to share on social media and other stuff too which makes me think that it is quite of a bounty rather than an airdrop. Still, they have their own definition of airdrop, as long as people are recieving it for free, it is an airdrop then there's those managers that ask for gas fees  Grin
isaLpOkidQ

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 09:49:03 AM

This thought just comes to my mind, especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc.?
agree
biggest airdrop scam, you have to invest some money in them, I followed a lot of airdrops and did not receive what they promised with coins, except 'eGLD' big thanks to them Smiley
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 10:39:41 AM

For now, the airdrop system is mostly through a form and even has to send some crypto.
What this means?a bounty Hunter need to fill a  form pay crypto before receiving their payments?
I give an example for aidrop that is currently being carried out is an airdrop on the Binance smart chain. Which is where we have to send 0.001 BNB or 0.003 BNB to the address given. after that the token will enter. but the airdrop limit like this is limited. only 5 thousand people can participate.
Lol you should not go through that stupid idea,you are the one who supposed to be paid why need to send even small amount first?
this is a pure example of how desperate bounty hunters in the eye of those scammer company.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 10:55:07 AM

Bounty means doing tasks in a set of periods of time like for example doing tasks for around 4 weeks or so, and after that, you will get a reward according to the tasks you've done. While airdrop is just doing one time tasks and just wait for the distribution of the reward. Just one thing in common both are being rewarded with token/coin of the project and it is both free, no investment needed.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:14:14 PM

There are both, and they are different. Bounty campaign is the one you will have to be writing posts in this forum for sometime and then get paid for it, you do the work as a way to promote the token, it’s a campaign. Then airdrop, as you have said, is meant to be tokens given out freely to people, and of course there are airdrops that are doing just that and giving it out free without you having to do any work, just like the BCH when they gave equivalent of BTC stored in our wallets.

As for airdrops that requires you drop your email, and social media links, it’s a way for them to verify those that have received the token, because if it’s not done that way some people will be coming back to collect more free tokens. But we still have to be careful the kind of information we give, and when it’s all about airdrop I don’t think we have to share it.
scolary23

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:29:34 PM

In fact, airdrops can be said to be part of an existing bounty company or a company that will launch after a while. And filling out Google forms, subscription requirements at the official groups bounty companies and other - formalism, more suitable for reporting and analytics of the correct or not path of development of the bounty company.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:31:40 PM

The OP is right. A trend has established between crypto projects to disguise bounty campaigns under the word "airdrop" indicates that it is easier to get the coins than in the "traditional" campaigns.

The truth is 90% or more of the airdrop and bounty tokens are worthless or worth an extremely low value. Is it really worth the hustle?

In my understanding:

AIRDROP = distribution of tokens based on address holdings
Bounties = performing tasks to receive coins/tokens in return
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:47:49 PM

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
What happens here is clearly spelt out as Bounty Campaigns and they run for a few weeks repeatedly with participants doing weekly tasks. Airdrops are quite different and they're one time off tasks carried out by participants on social media. Now, most of the airdrops coerce participants to remain in their telegram groups to ensure they keep discussions on. It doesn't go beyond that. Just joining social media groups and submitting ERC/or other wallet address and then wait out for distribution. Airdrop rewards are often tiny bits that often don't worth much when sent. I think the other scenario where tokens are sent to wallets without receivers' sending any address to the sender is a fork situation.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:14:06 PM

Yeah you have some point but as what I notice here, the term airdrop is being use to those campaign that requires only few minutes to complete then you can already participate the airdrop. Airdrop is free with the exchange of your little work compare to bounties that requires few months of hard work before you can earn.

Though there are airdrops that we can say that are giving some free coins without giving some works to do like what happened to UNI airdrop where they give it only  to those who have use their platform only in that specific date and no other works to do in order to be part of it.
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 11:21:37 PM

For me, and for what I know, airdrops supposedly are free. I mean, you don't need to do anything just give your wallet address. And if it says, airdrop that needs to like, share or follow, it is not an airdrop but a bounty campaign for social media.

TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 07:51:44 AM

For me, and for what I know, airdrops supposedly are free. I mean, you don't need to do anything just give your wallet address. And if it says, airdrop that needs to like, share or follow, it is not an airdrop but a bounty campaign for social media.
I suggest not wasting the time you have only for airdrops that have lots of fake airdrops, even though there are airdrops that really pay the participants but there are also scams and we should note in what airdrop you participate so that they can be replaced by reminders.

Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 08:06:41 AM

Are Airdrops still paying? YES they are but 99 percent of Airdrops won't worth your time, I Know it doesn't cost a thing to join Airdrops, you are only going to spend very few minutes on each Airdrop campaigns but why? For few pennies or a 1$ ? I'd rather take that chances with bounties instead.

Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 08:26:57 AM

Are Airdrops still paying? YES they are but 99 percent of Airdrops won't worth your time, I Know it doesn't cost a thing to join Airdrops, you are only going to spend very few minutes on each Airdrop campaigns but why? For few pennies or a 1$ ? I'd rather take that chances with bounties instead.
That's right, if we look at the rewards given through the airdrop program, it is not really worth the time used by each participant especially if the gas costs at this time can sometimes be expensive suddenly, so joining the airdrop doesn't mean it's not good, it's just only the results are not commensurate.
yangongear

Activity: 447

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 08:36:38 AM

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Most of the purpose of airdrops is for marketing, so I don't think there will be any project that requires you to just enter your wallet address, but you need to do some extra tasks. As it is said, no meals are free.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 09:35:19 AM

It has changed a little bit over the years now. Previously airdrop used to be a just simple tasks like saying hello or joint telegram bit now they are getting more out but I would say it isn't very tough work.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 02:44:48 PM

Men, i missed those airdrops that really gave free tokens to participants without doing so much work or tasks successfully just to get qualified. Projects now are just stubborn and very clever that wanted so much tasks like doing more likely bounty tasks and i am okay with like, follow and retweet stuff but to the extent beyond that is not airdrop anymore. And asking fees to claim airdrop tokens are just not good at all, more likely it's all "fee-drop".

And sometimes, some projects will ask for gas fees from their participants in order to get their share.  Grin

So true, airdrops now are very frustrating to deal with because they ask too much conditions like need to buy their tokens first before they give your airdrop shares you worked for. Mostly newbies will only fall for that kind of scheme and now its still blatant acts wherein there are many fake airdrops circulating online right now. I have seen also airdrops asking private keys thru forms which is more severe case of fooling newbie participants.

JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 03:31:25 PM

It's not hard work to join Airdrops I guess that's why many refer to them as free money, you just need to follow the project social media accounts like facebook and twitter and do some retweeting, this won't take much of your time, can't be compare to bounties that takes weeks and months

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: