Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops Confusion  (Read 1202 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 02:31:23 PM

As far as I remember, back then you didn't have to do anything for airdrops. Like you would receive airdrops if you registered your receiving wallet address to the airdrop. Or you would receive it based on the amount of bitcoin you held during a specific period of time. In that case all you had to do is sign a message from your bitcoin wallet to claim.
Now a days, I have heard they make you register for airdrops by signing up with personal details. They even require people to submit ID and go through KYC so they don't abuse the drops or something like that. They make you follow their social media accounts and even promote their coins. So, i  guess its no longer the same "free" coins.
They aren't worth it at all. Who know what those scam projects do with your ID documents.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 09:54:26 AM

For me, i define airdrop as a free giveaways, you could be rewarded just by doing simple tasks. But the real confusion for me was whenever i got new tokens send to my wallet, i am confused which airdrop i have joined since the token seems unique or different from what i have join. I know there are bunch of airdrops now and many would be unpromising and can't give rewards in the long run, however there are also some that can give us good profit, just think of uniswap airdrop where many participants got huge rewards, lucky for them, by that many crypto enthusiast doesn't lose hope from joining airdrop campaigns.

globalpain

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:11:04 AM

For me, i define airdrop as a free giveaways, you could be rewarded just by doing simple tasks. But the real confusion for me was whenever i got new tokens send to my wallet, i am confused which airdrop i have joined since the token seems unique or different from what i have join. I know there are bunch of airdrops now and many would be unpromising and can't give rewards in the long run, however there are also some that can give us good profit, just think of uniswap airdrop where many participants got huge rewards, lucky for them, by that many crypto enthusiast doesn't lose hope from joining airdrop campaigns.
Even if you look at current airdrop projects it seems pretty hard to find a viable one,
because i feel it myself and sometimes the token has no value,
but apart from that airdrops still provide benefits and we also need to try harder to find promising airdrop projects

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:16:22 AM

FIRST. 90% of most Airdrops we see these days are fake. the few authentic ones do not conduct sincere airdrop. they pick few address after registration and dump the rest into oblivion. guess what. they have grown their community. huge followers in twitter, massive telegram account and the rest. with that, they can plan their scam activities.
i think the rate at which people join airdrops will cause more scam project to raise.

capokmerah

Activity: 325
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:45:53 AM

it's just this simple. Airdrop is giving out free coins to people who fill out a form and follow a few rules given. The party who distributes the free coins, of course, wants other parties to know the most important information about the tokens given, of course in this case Social Media. if the bounty we have to do daily work for a few weeks.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:49:41 AM

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

But I got some confusion here when the "airdrop" term used.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
Since you did some task or work to get those coins.

I also think that 99% of the airdrops that are happening nowadays should not be called airdrops but, i don't know maybe "micro-bounties", as you have to join a telegram channel, follow on twitter, make a tweet give away data and so on. For real airdrops you only need to provide your address and that's it but you rarely see such airdrops anymore. It is also understandable because nowadays there are "professional" airdrop hunters out there that would create hundreds of adresses to participate in an airdrop and with the stricter requirements they can still participate multiple times but at least they have a harder time doing so.
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:08:46 AM

Airdrop is one way for crypto project developers to introduce their project widely by sending a number of tokens to the recipient's wallet, the goal of developers holding an airdrop is to increase the number of their community, so that the project will be increasingly recognized by the crypto community, and of course the developer gives a few tasks for those who want to participate in the airdrop, such as following their official social media twitter, telegram and others, but there are also many fraudulent airdrops currently circulating and they usually ask participants to send a certain amount of money to a certain wallet address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:12:21 AM

it's just this simple. Airdrop is giving out free coins to people who fill out a form and follow a few rules given. The party who distributes the free coins, of course, wants other parties to know the most important information about the tokens given, of course in this case Social Media. if the bounty we have to do daily work for a few weeks.
That's more or less true when talking about the difference between an airdrop and a bounty campaign,
and indeed sometimes there are some airdrops that give the free coins to limited participants and not everyone who fills out the form will get it

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Desscount

Activity: 1386

ComboLabs

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 02:44:12 PM

That's more or less true when talking about the difference between an airdrop and a bounty campaign,
and indeed sometimes there are some airdrops that give the free coins to limited participants and not everyone who fills out the form will get it
but if the project is not good it will also become a scam project,
yes, even though there are still many projects that pay for of course many airdrop hunters have already harvested,
don't be confused about airdrops, because the tasks given are also easy, for example follow twitter, retweet, and like, that's just one example

flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2021, 03:16:07 PM

This thought just comes to my mind especially these days, with a lot of altcoins doing airdrops or giving away different altcoins.

Because for what I believe the meaning of "airdrop" is a way of giving a free coin/s to some wallet addresses without seeking any investment or doing nothing.

Are those spreading all over around especially in this forum known to be an "airdrop" is considered an airdrop or bounty campaign since some of those are requiring people to fill up some of the forms or need to sign up or follow some social media accounts, etc?
I'm also confused as to why it's like this now. Think of it as a gift, but it's a shame that there are so many scams now under the guise of an airdrop. It's clear that the airdrop will get us free coins after doing various series of following, retweeting, etc. But many now are lure - the lure of getting a big return by having to invest first. So analyzing an airdrop is important.. for me if I get a free reward for what we do, it's an airdrop
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 03:33:29 PM

It is a bounty campaign for me,

We all know that airdrops are sending their tokens for free so everyone will be aware of that new cryptocurrency. But these people who are running airdrops are just taking advantage of the people, requiring tasks like to become part of their social media or what.
yes, airdrop as like bounty campaign because task is little bit similar
btw you can complete in a few minutes that is why it's so easy process
so it's not free tokens, you have to do tweet,like,share etc.

mrongoz_imut

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2021, 03:47:44 PM

Last airdrop got from coinmarketcap side where participants get more than 50$ but random or 1000 participant got reward than joined more than 20k participant, I am lucky how ever joined on early or my wallet was lucky because got this coin. Maybe now many random airdrop where not all participants can get airdrop coin but I will join during free.

.1xBit.com..TICKET ..RUSH...
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
..TAKE PART..
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 06:33:10 PM

luck is greatest when following an airdrop and actually an airdrop is not a reliable thing to get free coins but because the work done is not too time-consuming, actually it is natural and there is no need to wait for the coins to come. sometimes the coins obtained can also indeed be increasing, so that's what we want.

airdrop cannot be a guarantee because sometimes there are also many who lie and it is a natural thing to happen and we cannot protest differently if we follow the bounty there may still be BM and we can protest which will also not guarantee, especially in situations where crypto is in the red.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Dexion

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:23:43 PM

Maybe I call it Airdrop or Bounty Hunter, both are ways where we look to get coins or tokens for free, but there is a fundamental difference between the two, Airdrops tend to only have a few tasks to do after that just wait for distribution, while Bounty Hunter is more many tasks that must be completed within the time specified by a campaign manager. Both have the same risk, namely if we are not careful in choosing, we will only be faced with a scam and what we do is just in vain.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:57:08 PM

I am bit confused too isn't it a bit more like a bounty which have a smaller task.
But I think it is more like their way to know who would participate and who deserve a spot on their airdrop.
I just hate the "AIRDROPS" that requires KYC or even small deposit.

aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:02:44 PM

Airdrop is the new bounty now, you are right in saying that it should be free no obligation but to claim but they are being used by developers to market the project, and they use the word airdrop to attract more people, I have participated in a lot of airdrops in the past and all I have to do is to send them my address and there is no need to promote or do anything, and it's easy back then because they are not going to ask you your passport details.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:33:37 PM

There are different types of airdrops some are given to those who hold a particular coin, while 90% of the times you will have to perform a little tasks in order to be eligible for the airdrop, this little tasks includes following the project on social media and retweeting their pinned posts or sometimes you might be asked to make a tweet about the project,so it's not always tasks-free.
Airdrops aren't bounties, they are different its just that some projects organizing the airdrops prefer the airdrop participants to fill a form in order to make it easy for them to distribute the airdrop tokens.
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:36:45 PM

Airdrops currently only attract many members to raise their rating to attract investors,

but for the coins given sometimes don't exist or are fake,
Airdrops are helping new projects to raise the members in the short term. I'm impressed when I see some new altcoins have so many thousands of followers. Now we should know that those members aren't legit. Even some low social followers projects have a great team. Some investment must come from this hype. But yes, some airdrops help projects for a short time.
mrongoz_imut

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2021, 04:34:42 PM

I am bit confused too isn't it a bit more like a bounty which have a smaller task.
But I think it is more like their way to know who would participate and who deserve a spot on their airdrop.
I just hate the "AIRDROPS" that requires KYC or even small deposit.

If you are joining an airdrop remember first to research and I think the Majority of these ones doesn't require KYC, Just simple sharing and following some social media site with a little effort is good and it is free to do, but Giving your private information or depositing? is very risky in terms of just simple airdrop.
it's really ironic that many people exchange their valuable data just to get an airdrop that is only worth 0.5$, while the airdrop maker can sell the data collected from the airdrop to a data selling point that usually exists in the black market at a very expensive price, so if you want KYC at least you must remain vigilant and must be considered well.
KYC later give only 0.5$ I think is very crazy and I will never join any more if exchange airdrop like this, how ever like blockchain market giving more than 30$ when pass KYC but have more than one years ago, lately with Tokocrypto giving about 150 TKO coin after pass KYC and must trade above $100, I see very worth because TKO have good price right now.

.1xBit.com..TICKET ..RUSH...
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
..TAKE PART..
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 05:16:13 PM

Oh, now a lot of projects use this word, but when it comes to the finale, it turns out they changed the conditions 100 times, and you need to perform an additional 100,500 actions to get 1 $, this is ridiculous.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: