News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which algo to use for CateDoge
Scrypt (litecoin)
Sha256 (bitcoin)
X11(hirocoin, darkcoin)
i don't care

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CTD] [SHA-3] CateDoge!Time warp patched! v1.3, Rapid transactions  (Read 41311 times)
awais3344 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:03:13 PM

How about considering future coin developments such as POS?

I am not convinced of the goodness of Proof Of Stake. Don´t you think it reduces/eliminates the privacy? Even I have read it is not secure.

"5) Other individuals may prefer the privacy associated with dropping out of participation. These individuals are still welcome to use the network, but must face a wealth tax of 5% per annum to compensate for the security risk created by their behavior. "https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

And other problems could arise:
"I think Andrew Miller put it best: "The trouble with Proof-of-stake is that there is nothing at stake."

Consider the basic function of proof-of-work and the blockchain: together, they let the network come to a consensus when there are two (or more) different, competing chains.

Miners must decide to dedicate their hashing power to just one chain-- they cannot "bet on" more than one. So their best strategy is to work on the chain that they think most other miners are working on, and that quickly drives the system to a consensus on a single, best chain.

The trouble with proof-of-stake is there is no natural incentive stopping a miner from assigning their stake to multiple, competing chains. If you try to create such a system, you "go meta" -- you started by trying to solve the transaction double-spend problem (which proof-of-work and the blockchain handle nicely), and end up trying to solve a proof-of-stake double-spend problem."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1oi7su/criticisms_of_proofofstake/

I am not an expert on this matter but I don't like PoS.

There are some good criticisms and there is also evidence that POS combined with POW can make the blockchain more secure from such things as 51% attack.... however I take your point that there may be security and privacy issues with POS.

My comment was rather to prompt conversation and discussion about POS and if it is right to consider it for this coin. For example EBT has a combined POS / POW scheme and appears to be doing well out of it even though it is Scrypt. There, up to now, has been no issues with security etc.

I was just thinking that POW with POS should not be ruled out for the future.... but with correct discussion, research and evidence of security.

Proof of stake is actually a good way to prevent 51% attack. Plus it makes a coin more scarce and valuable in the long run. Even if it's down for sometime. Intensive work of hashing over years wastes a lot of electricity. Couldn't think about it before.

Read this, by Anonymint:

"The other attacks you describe all derive from the fundamental reason I declared all non-proof-of-work systems to be insecure back in April.

My logic was mathematically fundamental. The input entropy set is quite deterministic and well known and thus can be preimaged. For example, accumulating a lot of coin-days-destroyed and then targeting them in clever ways to subvert the security.

The randomness (entropy) of each proof-of-work is fundamental and mathematical and it can not be preimaged. It can only be surely defeated with > 50% of the network hash rate. Note I recently offered what I believe to a solution to the selfish-mining attack (the one at hackingdistributed.com that claims 25 - 35% attack).

I am skeptical that you can characterize all possible attack vectors of proof-of-stake in one coherent mathematical proof. Thus you will not know formally what the security is; instead a list of adhoc attacks and counter-measures."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354573.msg3805632#msg3805632

is there a successful forking of any pos coin through an exploit or vulnerability in pos system?
Like when we talk about 51% attack. it is understandable that the person with more than anyone else can modify the code at x block height and fork the thing. What I still don't get is. How does a 51% attack convince nodes to continue to fork blockchain? Like theoretically it sounds old. Let's say if someone forked the chain. now there are 2 chains, chain A and chain B. Chain is the "official" blockchain. Everyone including exchanges, and less than 51% of community is mining on old chain. How does chain B (the forked chain has its use?). Can't we all just neglect it and nothing would happen? And eventually people mining on chain B will also figure out (in a day or two) and will move mining power to chain A?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
OzDigger

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:07:08 AM

HI guys, I can do with some help with the mac wallet 1.3

It won't sync at all, just says "No block source available"

I sent catedoge an email but no reply!

Is anyone having the same issue? any fixes?

thanks
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:21:03 AM

HI guys, I can do with some help with the mac wallet 1.3

It won't sync at all, just says "No block source available"

I sent catedoge an email but no reply!

Is anyone having the same issue? any fixes?

thanks

I sent you an email. I missed out on your email before. Hope you can get it sorted out now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
elizabeth00

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:55:20 AM

CateDoge was added to CryptoTop!!!
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
artygreen

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:13:45 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 10:26:25 AM by artygreen

hello community!!i am nooby here and i want to start GPU mining..and obviously i am a girl but i found this coin inderesting!i have HD 5450 card!!can anyone help how i can setup my computer to start mining??

hi! welcome to catedogr community. hope we can be successful. hd 5450 is an old gpu. which will earn you very little catedoges. go to first page of this thread and download the cgminer for windows. and run the cgminer file. there is a cgminer.conf file as well. which has basic parameters to mining config.

are you completely new to cryptocurrencies and require a lot more guidance?

download the catedoge wallet. and then send me your wallet address. i will send you coins. hold onto them forever  Smiley
hi! my wallet SiCFoWMczu45bxq2J2ovxtmPoEyYFd9oqt not sync...
help please...

listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=suchdoge
rpcpassword=muchcate
rpcport=5708
p2pport=5707
addnode=64.90.187.147

No block source...

Huh upnp not active in win (((
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

I installed Windows 8.1 and now wallet won't sync! Huh

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Entusiasta

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:45:48 PM

Read this: CateDoge – A “just for fun” coin with some real innovations:

http://blog.gryfencryp.to/2014/04/29/catedoge/
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:24:12 PM

I installed Windows 8.1 and now wallet won't sync! Huh

It says 'No block source available...'

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
OzDigger

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:36:03 AM

Yes I have the same issue!   on my mac and Windows 8.1 !   no help so far Sad
zuludrag

Activity: 396

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:53:43 PM

Yes I have the same issue!   on my mac and Windows 8.1 !   no help so far Sad

Looks like coin is dieing - less and less nodes everyday. Today I get "no block source available" too. And a weak ago it was working...
DEV: what the plans for the coin? Is it still alive, or looks like you have turned off your QT as others too (if not- why we cannot find your node)?..

Entusiasta

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:25:59 AM

A good coin without a good marketing plan. Now seems Dev has lost his faith.

Backup your wallet because Heartbleed Openssl Security Vulnerability has not been patched. Don't expose it on the net, could allow your CateDoges to be stolen. You never know, eventually the coin could be resurrected.

In case you want to try to sync, create a new wallet.

If comunity wants to resurrect CateDoge, first thing should be to patch wallet for OpenSSL vulnerability.
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:33:12 AM

Hello,
Its time to revive this coin. I am the original dev of the coin. If someone can setup the node. I will be thankful. My wallet is also stuck on blocks 55239.

NEOSCOIN
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

Backup your wallet because Heartbleed Openssl Security Vulnerability has not been patched. Don't expose it on the net, could allow your CateDoges to be stolen. You never know, eventually the coin could be resurrected.

If comunity wants to resurrect CateDoge, first thing should be to patch wallet for OpenSSL vulnerability.

the problem is not the patch. I have it patched, Had very slow internet connections for long time, And couldn't upload it. I will upload it.
Right now. I don't have any funds in my hot wallet.
So I could host a few nodes. if someone can buy a ubuntu vps from bitvps or any other node service. I will be glad to resurrect this coin.  Smiley Or we can wait a bit so I can get some funds

NEOSCOIN
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 07:49:27 PM

On hardcoreminers still there is 8 workers working and the pool is on 79350 block. How to explain that? Smiley
Pool's ip is in the node list of qt, but qt is not connecting to it :/

zuludrag

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 10:14:17 AM

Hardcoreminers are mining away: Current Block 81060. WTF?

Don't understand how node system works: if there are i.e. 10 QT running- so they can connect to each others coin network should work. And I don't get - how our QTs can't connect with hardcoreminers, that are online and mining?.. Or I don't understand how node network works?

Entusiasta

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

10 workers doesn't mean 10 wallets, much less 10 online wallets. I have one qt online but it is not updated so not useful for sync.
I don't know how the pool is configured and whether it can act as a node.
Entusiasta

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:39:37 AM

Backup your wallet because Heartbleed Openssl Security Vulnerability has not been patched. Don't expose it on the net, could allow your CateDoges to be stolen.

the problem is not the patch. I have it patched, Had very slow internet connections for long time, And couldn't upload it. I will upload it.
So I could host a few nodes. if someone can buy a ubuntu vps from bitvps or any other node service. I will be glad to resurrect this coin.  Smiley Or we can wait a bit so I can get some funds

BitSSD 5, 15$/3 months? https://bitvps.com/openvz/

I can buy 15$ of CateDoges, shatoshi/CTD, for vps, plus 5$ as donation.
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

Backup your wallet because Heartbleed Openssl Security Vulnerability has not been patched. Don't expose it on the net, could allow your CateDoges to be stolen.

So I could host a few nodes. if someone can buy a ubuntu vps from bitvps or any other node service. I will be glad to resurrect this coin.  Smiley Or we can wait a bit so I can get some funds

I didn't get what you meant. yes, bitssd is 15$ for 3 months.

NEOSCOIN
Entusiasta

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:57:55 PM

I didn't get what you meant. yes, bitssd is 15$ for 3 months.
I can buy catedoges from those aimed at bounties.
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:32:18 AM

Hardcoreminers are mining away: Current Block 81060. WTF?

Don't understand how node system works: if there are i.e. 10 QT running- so they can connect to each others coin network should work. And I don't get - how our QTs can't connect with hardcoreminers, that are online and mining?.. Or I don't understand how node network works?

No, actually, hardcoreminers has it's own node running. where all the miners are mining. Somehow those who are mining there probably have a peers.dat file that contains the hardcoreminer's node. So those with that node will be able to sync. We would need one node to sync our nodes.

NEOSCOIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: