Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The nemesis of bag-holders is coming ! Smiley
Will sell all my AUR, the Rapture is here! - 27 (20.1%)
HODL to the moon ! - 26 (19.4%)
Will check again my wallet on March 2024 Cheesy - 8 (6%)
Never touch such a Tongue coin Tongue, don't care! - 73 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 134

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORA "airdrop" - before and after March 25  (Read 4575 times)
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:26:52 AM

Aurora was in national Icelandic news. Hundreds of Icelanders recieved their first coins already.

SO much fun proving fags like BCex they were wrong all the time. Even though they were secretly buying . Oh well.

I am looking so much forward to AUR actually get used and will cost like 100USD one ina month or two.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:41:14 AM

Aurora was in national Icelandic news. Hundreds of Icelanders recieved their first coins already.

SO much fun proving fags like BCex they were wrong all the time. Even though they were secretly buying . Oh well.

I am looking so much forward to AUR actually get used and will cost like 100USD one ina month or two.

Although I'm not a big fan of nation coins, I do find it bizarre how so many automatically assume they are all scams ... especially AUR. Maybe part of it is the fact that so many involved in that shitcoin killing thread also makes shitcoins themselves, and to them, they wouldn't hesitate to walk off with the premine -- so assume other devs would too.

Either that, or partial jealousy that a coin is getting so much attention, and eating away at profits from their own coins or holdings.

Anyway, I do hope it works out for AUR. I think the value of the coin will actually go down, as people cash them out ... but at least the dev seems to be doing what he said he would.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:08:20 AM

And they will now say it is a failure because there is a good chance the price will go down right away. (once coins are actually sent to the exchanges) In reality it would be a success. The coins were premined and distributed to the people he said he would. It is up to them now to decide where the coin goes.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:18:41 AM

And they will now say it is a failure because there is a good chance the price will go down right away. (once coins are actually sent to the exchanges) In reality it would be a success. The coins were premined and distributed to the people he said he would. It is up to them now to decide where the coin goes.

I would still consider the coin a success, at this point. I mean, just the press it has gotten ... news, politicians in Iceland... stuff most alt coins can only dream about.

I read one person already saying that because AUR worked out, other nation coins will become even more prominent (more than they already are), and likely those devs would scam people. I am sure they'll figure out something negative to say, regardless if it's based on fact or logic.
CraWlinG2crypto_coin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:43:59 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 08:39:09 AM by CraWlinG2crypto_coin

I'm anxious as you guys.. 2 see if there's gonna be a super ollie grind on this coin 4 the 25th of march ~_` ,but give it a chance to get promoted inside of the country and letting everybody on earth know about it... there ain't no 50-60-70-80 yrs old people mining like a boss inside of most of the pools, 1/20 is gonna believe in CRypTo_curR3ncie, the other ones are missing the boat until it hits them face 2 face on ads, commercials, news, books, movies and soooooooo_just_shut_uP_SHHHHHHHHHHH\

everybody living in Iceland can reclaim a bunch of aurora :p, supposedly... sOoOoOo lets wait & S3E
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

This is going to be fucking hilarious  Cheesy

Was it as hilarious as you thought it would be?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:44:28 AM

Although I'm not a big fan of nation coins, I do find it bizarre how so many automatically assume they are all scams ... especially AUR. Maybe part of it is the fact that so many involved in that shitcoin killing thread also makes shitcoins themselves, and to them, they wouldn't hesitate to walk off with the premine -- so assume other devs would too.

This.
newtypeseed

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:55:15 AM

so amazing, so exciting about it
Defender666

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:22:59 AM

How do they check if the people come from iceland?
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:30:53 AM

Yeah, good question.
Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:34:51 AM

They combine each person ID number + name (Iceland have public data base of the people) with that person's Facebook account (almost everyone in Iceland have Facebook account)
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:45:52 AM

They combine each person ID number + name (Iceland have public data base of the people) with that person's Facebook account (almost everyone in Iceland have Facebook account)

How do you know they do that? Are the processes documented somewhere ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:46:31 AM

Interested to see how this pans out
Canaanite

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:50:26 AM

Im not Icelandian so I cant know exactly how they do it, but its on the web and forums...
there is a counter at auroracoin.org and the wallets of the premined coins are disclosed
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:58:19 AM

Im not Icelandian so I cant know exactly how they do it, but its on the web and forums...
there is a counter at auroracoin.org and the wallets of the premined coins are disclosed

My question is more like how does the public know they distribute to Icelander not to themself in the name of Icelander?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Canaanite

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:01:50 PM

My question is more like how does the public know they distribute to Icelander not to themself in the name of Icelander?

Im not sure I understand
If you ask how do we know that he is not distributing it to himself, I guess we can see the addresses; but its going to end up with trust as we cant expect the people to identify in public for claiming the coins. No one will claim at this situation
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:08:44 PM

Im not sure I understand
If you ask how do we know that he is not distributing it to himself, I guess we can see the addresses; but its going to end up with trust as we cant expect the people to identify in public for claiming the coins. No one will claim at this situation

So you trust an anonymous person to give away millions of $ to also a bunch of anonymous people but not himself and friends.

To me the latter is more like what is happening unless it is proven otherwise.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Canaanite

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:13:50 PM

Im not sure I understand

So you trust an anonymous person to give away millions of $ to also a bunch of anonymous people but not himself and friends.

To me the latter is more like what is happening unless it is proven otherwise.

Auroracoin does have a lot of weight on the hands of one guy.
I find him as a man of his word; so far he didnt everything he said he will, but I wont put there my life savings

edit : Also remember that the coin was 100usd$ for a single AUR and Balduro didnt dump it and went to the Caribbean and you can see at https://www.facebook.com/auroracoin.org     a lot of Icelandic traffic
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:04:02 PM

Quote from: illodin
Quote from: poornamelessme on Today at 05:41:14 AM

This.

+1 million

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Thread7

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

Well so far the price isn't taking a huge nosedive.  Any word on how much has been distributed?  The official claims link ( http://claim.auroracoin.org/ ) is in Icelandic so I can't tell much from just looking at that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: