Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BBcode Live Sandbox  (Read 60 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 10:41:59 AM

This forum’s BBcode is largely undocumented, and inconsistent with documentation found by searching the Web.  Worse:  The CSS between the preview page is slightly inconsistent with the CSS applied to posts.  This sometimes causes posts that look fine in preview to break horribly when they go live.

I just wasted most of the time that I had intended for writing a post, futilely attempting to debug a table layout issue in a preview page—with results that may not even work!  I have therefore decided to raise the quality of Off-topic forum discussion...

...by making a thread for sandbox experimentation!

Local rules:

You may make at most ONE post in this thread (unless a discussion of BBcode begins here).

I will nuke on sight anything that even remotely smells like sigspam or post-count bumping.  If you are wearing a paid signature, I will probably delete your post unless you have a high reputation and a solid post history.

Some users are categorically banned from my self-moderated threads.  You know who you are.  Don’t try it here.

At any time, I may delete ALL posts in this thread and/or lock the topic.  It is like testnet.  Stuff may disappear.  Don’t rely on it.  (If you are a high-quality poster, I will probably leave your post alone so that you can experiment in the future by edits without bumping the topic.)

nullius (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 10:42:17 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2020, 12:18:30 PM by nullius

reserved for my own sandbox experimentation

Code:
$ cat /tmp/test
<deleteme>
Why, oh why does the left-hand image size get overridden/squeezed!?  I have tried every bbcode trick that I know...  F this taking all my time so I won’t even be able to finish the post.

Happy Bitcoinday!

In celebration and in memoriam, words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words.

know how to manage randomness with your thoughts

As a certified cult leader who is known to associate with a witch, I can attest that you know no more about magic than you do about technology.

Quote from: Clarke C. Arthur
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
</deleteme>

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: