Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin arbitrage, pros and cons, experience and profitability  (Read 20552 times)
Pst291

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:56:25 PM

I looked into arbitrage a few years ago but found it to be nice as a concept but doing it in reality has so many drawbacks,price change,time of transfer,fees etc

In the end i went a different way and found something profitable to the tune of about 2-2.5% per sat move against altcoin btc pair per trade.I tried telling ppl about it as i was looking to sell it but at that time noone actually beleived it was possible mathematicly so i was stuck with it.Poor me

Arbing just wasnt for me,not in crypto anyways

What do you mean by this exactly? Moving bitcoin to altcoins in order to make a profit essentially?

What i meant is i found a way no matter what way the price moves you have to profit,,,but everyone ive spoke to about it seems to think im a fecking crackpot and this cannot exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:46:45 PM

What i meant is i found a way no matter what way the price moves you have to profit,,,but everyone ive spoke to about it seems to think im a fecking crackpot and this cannot exist.

Are you claiming to have a trading method that can always profit, no matter how much or which direction it moves in? If that is correct, I can understand why people would be skeptical of buying this method from you.
Pst291

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:09:43 PM

Exactly sir, ppl just wont beleive it sadly
Keyser Soze

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

Exactly sir, ppl just wont beleive it sadly
People won't believe it because it doesn't make sense. You are essentially saying that you have a risk-free (sans exchange theft) method of trading to generate guaranteed profit that isn't arbitrage.
Pst291

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:53:07 PM

Yes, its an interesting approach and i can understand how untill this point it hasnt been found as it is an odd method but working nonetheless.

I actually found while looking for something else (zeroing out bad trades) i sometimes say i stumbled upon it by accident but thats not strictly the case but i did notice it in an odd way and its worked beautifly ever since.

I dont have a lot of money to use it myself but it is building by the day thanks to the beauty of compounding.

I did try and sell it and was offered a few thousand bitcoins by various ppl but i never sold out in the end as i just got the feeling there was something dodgy about most of these characters and they seemed to be in quite a rush to obtain the method,so i declined
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:27:53 AM

Please don't get arbtrage confused with these 'guarenteed get rich' quick schemes. You don't always make money no matter which way the price moves, it has nothing to do with the direction of price movement.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:11:53 AM

about the present price, anyone have a idea?

btceUSD is lowest and lakeUSD is highest, http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

this is @Mieehayii 's idea: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770156.0
cozytrade

Activity: 1098
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:26:28 AM

You and others thought these two pairs are the lowest and highest combination but only within bitcoinchart peers. You may see opinions for this combination in this thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765074

My opinion is not profitable as far as you'd like to keep currency (USD and BTC) balance.

Think carefully, keep your vision wide and good luck.  Wink

about the present price, anyone have a idea?

btceUSD is lowest and lakeUSD is highest, http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

Now I understand why people say lakeBTC provides the best price.. I think bitcoincharts is not 100% trustworthy nor timely in terms of coverage and reliability even though I used to like it.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View ArchiveReport to moderator 
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████▄
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
████████████▀██▀
████▀█████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
Pst291

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:55:13 PM

Please don't get arbtrage confused with these 'guarenteed get rich' quick schemes. You don't always make money no matter which way the price moves, it has nothing to do with the direction of price movement.

I can assure you im Not confusing it.My method is something i put together myself and im fully aware how arbitrage works.

Im just one of those weirdos who enjoys mathematics
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:29 AM

I can assure you im Not confusing it.My method is something i put together myself and im fully aware how arbitrage works.

Im just one of those weirdos who enjoys mathematics

So you do not sell, you do not promote it, you just talk about it?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Keyser Soze

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:45:29 PM

Quote from: crazyivan link=t ::)opic=528691.msg8740244#msg8740244 date=1410246029
So you do not sell, you do not promote it, you just talk about it?

It must be really good if he turned down "a few thousand bitcoins" for the method. Roll Eyes
Pst291

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:58:41 AM

Im just hanging back ,,,speaking to a few ppl about it and getting an overall valuation of what ppl think its worth before i decide if i sell it etc.

Theres no way it can disappear or be patched or anything like that as it not a hack or cheat.So no rush

In my mind the few thousand bitcoin was the low offer kind of like when u buy a car ,,, you go in with the shit offer first
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:04:16 AM

Im just hanging back ,,,speaking to a few ppl about it and getting an overall valuation of what ppl think its worth before i decide if i sell it etc.

Theres no way it can disappear or be patched or anything like that as it not a hack or cheat.So no rush

In my mind the few thousand bitcoin was the low offer kind of like when u buy a car ,,, you go in with the shit offer first

So you are basically a millionaire. Nice. Smiley)

Pst291

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:30:30 PM

Millionaire,,,christ no lol,,,wish i was ,, i just know i have something here worth something to the right person.Im using it myself to grow the little btc and doge i have at the moment ,,most of my coins are made up of things i "hope to feck" will rise in the future.

I bought 120k of doge in the 150,s so bitta holding to do yet lol
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:42:07 AM

With arbitrage, you should always make money on each of your trades. If you do not then you are doing something wrong (likely holding onto your bitcoin position for too long).

What could prevent you from profiting is the lack of trading opportunities.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:44:51 AM

What's the spread right now?

What's the market depth?

What are the deposit and withdraw times (and conversion times if necessary)?

What are the trade fees and withdraw/deposit fees?

After considering all of the above, is it still potentially profitable enough to try?

Lastly consider - WHY - why is there such a spread?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:23:44 AM

What's the spread right now?

What's the market depth?

What are the deposit and withdraw times (and conversion times if necessary)?

What are the trade fees and withdraw/deposit fees?

After considering all of the above, is it still potentially profitable enough to try?

Lastly consider - WHY - why is there such a spread?

Spread can work in your advantage, there are two rules to achieve that:
- never buy/sell with market order, always with limit order
- never arbitrage in the downtrend of the currency you are exposing yourself to, this way you gain time to wait for the limit order to complete

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:53:04 PM

With arbitrage, you should always make money on each of your trades. If you do not then you are doing something wrong (likely holding onto your bitcoin position for too long).

What could prevent you from profiting is the lack of trading opportunities.

+1

It should be foolproof, at least in theory. Regarding opportunities, with new exchanges popping out every day, there is always something to trade. I cannot find lots of depth, but there are always opportunities.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:04:26 PM

Anyway have you try arbitrage in Bitcoin.co.id ? Currently there is almost $30 price different with btc-e.

Our Indonesia exchange has alot of buyer compare with seller that cause our price slightly higher than other exchange
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:24:11 AM

Anyway have you try arbitrage in Bitcoin.co.id ? Currently there is almost $30 price different with btc-e.

Our Indonesia exchange has alot of buyer compare with seller that cause our price slightly higher than other exchange

This seems 2 complicated, price are in your local currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: