Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FACTS about Multipools and why you shouldn't mine on them  (Read 5434 times)
Trestle

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Rockem Sockem

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

My equipment paid for itself out of mining profits. No loss to me. If scrypt hits bottom there are already GPU miners out for all of the current coins. I am sure my equipment will be fine.

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=2539 - Leash the Hash power you need to dominate coins.
SpainCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 06:39:40 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:02:50 PM by SpainCoinDev

My equipment paid for itself out of mining profits. No loss to me. If scrypt hits bottom there are already GPU miners out for all of the current coins. I am sure my equipment will be fine.
You got confused, I was talking to your other account, "Minerist". Not Trestle. Thanks for making it obvious though, that this thread is full of multipool-affiliated fake identities.

Trestle

Activity: 102

Rockem Sockem

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:44:27 PM

You got confused, I was talking to your other account, "Minerist". Not Trestle. Thanks for making it obvious though, that this thread is full of multipool-affiliated fake identities.

LOL Only one account here. No worries though. I'd rather not spend my time arguing with an idiot. Sad that people like you can copy paste new coins and ruin the market even more. Have a nice day hope your shit coin dies quickly so you go away. Best feature on this site Ignore.

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=2539 - Leash the Hash power you need to dominate coins.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:13:47 AM

@SpainCoinDev don't waste your energy to make them understand what they don't want to understand.If they want to get scammed, let them scammed.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:48:34 AM

@SpainCoinDev don't waste your energy to make them understand what they don't want to understand.If they want to get scammed, let them scammed.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the BTC in my wallet.

You should stop doing it wrong.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Multicoin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:12:33 PM

I don't know what others do, but everything that is relating to payouts with my multipool is public. (reference http://multicoinpool.org/index.php?page=statistics&action=round add the totals minus Perfection and Southpaw; testing autotrade together right now.)

I also don't "gain on the difficulty." If it happens to be profitable using math, then that is what is mined. (reference http://multicoinpool.org/index.php?page=statistics&action=profitability )

If other multipools don't give enough transparency I can see where you are coming from, but you are assuming that all are bad apples because there could (not implying there is or isn't,) be a trend with a few popular pools.

mmihai1978

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:23:42 PM

I am really curious how come multipools mine only the profitable blocks. how do they guess the reward? for doge, for example.
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

I am really curious how come multipools mine only the profitable blocks. how do they guess the reward? for doge, for example.

Doge removed the "random" rewards. But before that, the reward is based on the previous block, so it could always be predicted.
This isn't new, this has been known for quite some time and has been one of the larger sources of income for most multipools.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Minerist

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:38:52 PM

Yeah i've only one account Smiley
Looking at my BTC that i got from middlecoin(and still getting) and can't see how am i wrong.
You seem to be full of conspiracy theories and paranoya lol
SpainCoinDev (OP)

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:46:09 PM

you're getting what you'd get by mining honestly. the multipool is keeping the rest that it gets by gaming the system. That you actually get paid means nothing. Of course you do. They need you mining there, and they pay you just barely enough for you to be idiotically happy about it.

about random rewards,it's not just dogecoin. They reaped huge gains from dogecoin in the past months but there were always USDe, lottocoin, luckycoin... these are still exploitable now. Multipools rape them when the block reward is going to be high.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:00:26 PM

you're getting what you'd get by mining honestly. the multipool is keeping the rest that it gets by gaming the system. That you actually get paid means nothing. Of course you do. They need you mining there, and they pay you just barely enough for you to be idiotically happy about it.

about random rewards,it's not just dogecoin. They reaped huge gains from dogecoin in the past months but there were always USDe, lottocoin, luckycoin... these are still exploitable now. Multipools rape them when the block reward is going to be high.

Could be true for some multipools, but making a blanket statement like that makes you look like a dumbass.  You have no proof this takes place on any pool, let alone ALL.  In the case of ScryptGuild the stats are clearly there, the miners see what coins they mined and can either let the pool convert it or do the trading themselves.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:12:14 PM

LOL, [insert county]coin dev talks about scams.

No, multipools don't scam miners.
Yes, multipools can kill your shitty clone coins.
Minerist

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:41:16 AM

I second that.
And even if they steal, well, i'm ready to pay for my convenience Smiley
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:17:16 PM

I wanted to make this thread about a month ago but never got around to it.  I completely agree. Multipools need to be taken down.  Don't forget about the autosell feature that just allows miners to dump coins as soon as they get them.

If you want to make real money mining then get on a real pool, mine a coin with good potential, and hold until the value rises so you get more bang for your hashing power without destroying hard work put into good coins.

Hello
nbphuoc

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

Not with this pool: http://tauruspool.com/multipool
All the mined blocks are published, exchange rates are published. Not a single coin is lost for miners.
PCMiner

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

I second that.
And even if they steal, well, i'm ready to pay for my convenience Smiley

Third.  I like the ease of use multi pools offer.

Also,  It's humorous to read scamcoins claiming that multipools are scams.  Wake up sheeple!
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:25:39 PM

All the mined blocks are published, exchange rates are published. Not a single coin is lost for miners.

yay another multipool
SpainCoinDev (OP)

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:57:45 PM

Your pool is far too small (15Mh is tiny) to be able game the system. As soon as you get big enough you'll be able to rape coins and scam miners, just like pretty much every other multipool does. Besides, publishing blocks mined means nothing, you could mine more blocks than you claim you mined, of course at this point cheating on that is pointless for you, because you can't game the system yet anyway- you're not in a position yet to be able to scam miners.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:06:22 AM

Dont worry too much about it. The market is fixing the problem as we type. Most multipools are just doge/litecoin pools now.
New coins will just have to adapt their algorithms.
Multipools pay so little over mining doge or lite... Many of us just switch back to litecoin mining as it has more potential for growth in the medium term with less risk then others.
Minerist

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:43:00 PM

But also regular pool are destroying coins! They mine them! Then people sell them! And pool owners CAN STEAL YOUR MONEY AWARE SCAM SCAM SACAM
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: