Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FACTS about Multipools and why you shouldn't mine on them  (Read 5434 times)
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

Does anyone else see the irony in the Spaincoin dev coming in here and calling anything a 'scam'?

But anyway, to state that Multipools earn less than mining a single coin is not accurate.  If it was, nobody would mine on them.  See, there's one thing miners are very sensitive to and that's profits.

Miners have a choice in pools, and some are more transparent than others.  You can get a general sense of how profit-switching pools are doing (vs. LTC at least) by using a site like poolpicker.eu, or test yourself.  But if someone wants to throw their hash down a hole and get a payment in BTC who are we to judge.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:57:22 AM

I've noticed on Coinwarz that a lot of the alts hashrates are whipsawing all over the place, likely because of multipools.

I used them for a while but am planning to move to P2Pool because we should support peering opposed to centralized pools which have proven dangerous. If you want to mine different kinds of coins, set up dedicated miners for them, and pick coins that are actually offering something beyond just existing as a speculative plaything.  

In my case multipooling actually screwed me, with Continuumcoin in particular. My miners pulled in a bunch of it, and then the coin basically died at the exchanges leaving me with a pile of coins I cannot get rid of. From now on I will only mine coins with solid trade volume.

dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:00:53 AM

Multipool is the biggest scam scheme implemented to scam the miners.You will always get less as compare to when your are mining on a single pool.

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
SpainCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:47:46 PM

Multipool is the biggest scam scheme implemented to scam the miners.You will always get less as compare to when your are mining on a single pool.

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
We've been very clear about it. Multipools make very healthy profits. Multipools don't give said profits to their miners.
The only multipools that don't scam are those which can't (those that don't have a significant enough hashpower to rape coins).

XScrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:28:58 PM

So which is it?  Multipools make more profits or they don't...  ?

This site is just full of people posting with agendas.  I'm sure some multipools scam and some don't.  This blanket statement is absurd though.
We've been very clear about it. Multipools make very healthy profits. Multipools don't give said profits to their miners.
The only multipools that don't scam are those which can't (those that don't have a significant enough hashpower to rape coins).

You're basically making things up. Unless you can personally audit the transactions you have no proof one way or the other whether ANY pool is scamming you. Just because they throw up numbers on a web page does not mean those numbers have anything to do with reality. There's no organization like the SEC or FDIC who comes through and audits the books to make sure everyone is playing nice.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

Does anyone else see the irony in the Spaincoin dev coming in here and calling anything a 'scam'?

But anyway, to state that Multipools earn less than mining a single coin is not accurate.  If it was, nobody would mine on them.  See, there's one thing miners are very sensitive to and that's profits.

Miners have a choice in pools, and some are more transparent than others.  You can get a general sense of how profit-switching pools are doing (vs. LTC at least) by using a site like poolpicker.eu, or test yourself.  But if someone wants to throw their hash down a hole and get a payment in BTC who are we to judge.

His statement would also lead someone to possibly scrypt-n which is what spaincoin cough i mean shitcoin is
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:47:42 AM

Any pool that mines and converts to btc is good for btc because it puts more buy pressure on btc which makes it more scarce and more valuable.  To hell with how well the alt coins do.  Only the strong will survive and raise their status as viable crypto-currency.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Any pool that mines and converts to btc is good for btc because it puts more buy pressure on btc which makes it more scarce and more valuable.  To hell with how well the alt coins do.  Only the strong will survive and raise their status as viable crypto-currency.

couldn't have said it better.
Minerist

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

Yes we will mine promising coins like spaincoin for free instead of making money on multipools. Will go switch rigs, brb!
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:03:59 PM

Personally the miner in the end of the day has to pay the bills and will do it no matter what JMO. Merged mining should be the way to go, but sadly only few are merge mineable.

niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:39:07 PM

It's interesting thread. Especially SpainCoinDev what blames all multipools without any facts. Oh, where is the FACTS?
[advertising ON]
I'm developer and admin of www.CoinMine.pw. CoinMine it's not usual multipool with autosell coins for BTC. I don't want to sell coins, you will get all what you mine. I want to provide best MINING service for my miners. I write my own server and website, and I'm glad what almost all my miners write, what I created best mining pool.
CoinMine is just multicoin mining pool. You can mine coin that you like, as usual pool. You can switch your worker from website interface to any coin (even with API), or you can use auto-switch function and set CoinSet for your worker to mine most profitable from 2-3 coins that you choose.

Now, NEW AGE multipool already done (sure development will not stop and I'll add new futures), and I will start development of NEW AGE exchange service what will be merged with mining pool and provide you best exchange service and trading opportunities was never seen before.
[advertising OFF]

And I want to say: SpainCoinDev is lying, claiming that MULTIPOOLS SCAM and use loud words like FACTS. Especially about 10x profits. It's like CoinWarz show, what I'll get 30 USD/1Mh/daily mining some shitcoin with 0.05 difficulty. This opportunity will stay maximum 1-2 minutes. I have unique switching engine, what always mine best block from about 40 coins and all I can get now is 0.0045 BTC/Mh/day.

The main problem of [some]coins not multipools, Without multipools difficulty will be even lower (less miner will be interesting change pools, sell coins and so on), miners get more coins and sell it even quicker. Main problem what all this coins was created from nothing, by no one and for nothing.

Unfortunately good business product can't be created by "community". It's just impossible. Without strong leader, community will make nothing. So I think some time we will get coin created by real business, for defined purpose and real millions dollars support. And sure this coin will not afraid any multipools.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:40:41 PM

if you wanted to protect your shitty scam coin from the multipools you should of implemented kgw or dark gravity or better yet gone to x11

SpainCoinDev (OP)

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

if you wanted to protect your shitty scam coin from the multipools you should of implemented kgw or dark gravity or better yet gone to x11
We had KGW, smartass. It's hardly enough by itself. The coin would have been killed completely in a few more days if I hadn't switched algo on the fly (we've been the first coin to do so).

And for the coinmine.pw guy: you're talking about the present, when no coin is profitable anymore and all scrypt coins except ltc & doge have been killed already by multipools. I'ts been very lucrative for multipools in the past 3 months. Sorry you're late, it sucks, right? You can only keep beating the dead scrypt zombies now I guess.

thesmith

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:54:15 AM

I can't speak for other pools, but http://coinfu.io doesn't try to exploit the system by switching pools when a reward is due (however we do think this is a poor coin design). We also have implemented hashrate spreading to limit the hashrate going into a single coin. We try to mine multiple coins at a time if possible. Not only does it defeat the purpose of the multipool by crushing a small coin with a large hashrate, but the pool could potentially start orphaning it's own coins.
death_hawk

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

This thread is hilarious.

I don't know where you mine, but I make more money via Multipools than mining direct.
SpainCoinDev (OP)

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

Yeah, hilarious. What do you mine, Litecoin?

precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:33:32 AM

Hey what you got against Litecoin? ITs the most profitable no..... xD Litecoin is a legitimate option nonetheless if you have rigs on rigs and just want to mine something YOU KNOW will be relevant couple months down the road.... But besides that multipools are the way to go for miners, or mining very new coins.

death_hawk

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:35:33 AM

No, I mine at a multipool.
And it produces acceptable profits.

Could I get more by doing the work by hand? Sure. But my time is worth more than that.
Could my pool be stealing some of my profits? Sure. But again I'm making more than mining direct.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:32:11 PM

Coin devs should work to handle diff issues like doge

please unban me.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:02:28 PM

This thread here is a perfect example of why there are so many useless shitcoins. Some disgruntled dev with no clue about how to create a viable coin brings up a straw man to blame for that. It's natural fucking selection. Adapt or die. If it weren't for multipools then coins would die for a number of other reasons. There is just no economy to support 99% of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: