Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:02:30 PM

Hey guys,

To continue to show our apprication to our existing customers. Anyone that bought a blade from us, before today's date, will get another one free Wink
That is interesting, but doesn't reward the earliest supporters. If someone bought a 10 pack at $1695 (which were $1999 at the beginning when I bought them), then paid $499 to upgrade to a blade, they're paying $2195 for 5.2 MH/s. You're saying if a later customer bought a blade (which weren't available to the earliest buyers) for $2999, they get one free. That's $1499 for 5.2 MH/s, when the earliest purchasers (like myself) ended up paying $2195.

You should have made some of that difference in mining income. And with the recent drop in BTC value it's obvious that vendors will re-price the equipment. It could easily go the other way, but price matching only works downwards, doesn't it?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ComputerCowboy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:30:33 PM

Thanks for the UI, it looks great!!  I appreciate the fact that I can now check on my miners and change pools without having to open a support ticket.

I also wanted to say thanks for the super fast shipping.  I ordered two new miners yesterday and already got verification that they were shipped out this morning.

I am more than pleased with the high level of support!!  Thanks so much!

We rolled out a few more UI tweaks last night. The control buttons show the restart status now, this makes it a lot more clear what is going on if you choose to reboot your miners. We'll do our best to get some new things in there every day. The next actual feature going up will be backup pools. That is what we get the most requests for. Beyond that, an event log, and some performance charts are in the works.

-Jeff, GAW Miners

PS, the alert system is up and running but I have it shut off right now, it was getting a little chatty and over alerting some customers and giving some false alerts. I have let it get real chatty with me. The automatic reboots are running for you guys though.

If you don't mind the alert system over alerting you while I debug it further and you want me to turn it on special for you send me an email request to jeff@gawminers.com

Thanks for all the support and feedback
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

if i order 10 Gridseed  can i upgrade to  $499.95 Gridseed Blades .

thanks
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:04:34 PM

Hey guys,

To continue to show our apprication to our existing customers. Anyone that bought a blade from us, before today's date, will get another one free Wink
That is interesting, but doesn't reward the earliest supporters. If someone bought a 10 pack at $1695 (which were $1999 at the beginning when I bought them), then paid $499 to upgrade to a blade, they're paying $2195 for 5.2 MH/s. You're saying if a later customer bought a blade (which weren't available to the earliest buyers) for $2999, they get one free. That's $1499 for 5.2 MH/s, when the earliest purchasers (like myself) ended up paying $2195.

I think their offer is very good already. They don't HAVE to offer an upgrade at all. They are a business after all, and want to make money. There has to be a cutting point somewhere, you can't expect upgrades without any extra cost forever.

They could also have just given a discount for buying a new unit, instead of a pretty cheap upgrade. An upgrade is even more difficult for them, since it creates loads of second hand 5-chip miners.
I can understand that, and do appreciate the upgrade option. It's just that their promise of "always rewarding those who trusted us first" doesn't add up.  This time it's those that bought a blade first, after we (early purchasers) already helped to make a name for GAW, give them support, and aid in GAW's ability to offer blade discounts to newer customers.

You didn't wait long enough for us to finish writing a new post Smiley lol

All existing customers looking to purchase a new blade will be able to purchase for 1399.95 today Smiley
I placed an order on 4/7 that was cancelled last night..not sure why it was cancelled but would I be able to change the order to a blade for $1399.95 Order #1743

Or at least tell me why the order was cancelled, the transaction posted to my credit card. Thanks

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:22:50 PM

I have no doubt that the GAW team will figure something out to satisfy all of their customers. The have had a good track record so far, and seem to be very accommodating to their customers.

Go GAW!  or maybe TEAM GAW?

Sorry but I'm a fan Wink

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
yeahright

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

Where do I order the Blade for $1399? link please

It will be up later today. We will allot 25 blades to this batch so buy ready!

Will this be hosted and turned up same day?
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:28:34 PM

I ordered (#2027) the upgrade to a blade last night via bitcoin and have the receipt for it but you guys can't find my order?

I paid $999 for it last night and now the price is $499!  What the hell?

Nobody is helping figure out where my $999 went even thought I have receipt for this order via GAW checkout process.

I would sure like some answers of what is going on???

My support ticket is #2852 with all my documentation for this order.  Nobody has replied my ticket for the last 12 hours??

Your transaction did not show in our system until this morning. But don't worry, we will send back the 500 difference to your wallet. Please send an email to josh@gaw.com with your wallet address

This has been resolved now!  Thanks for taking care of this quickly!
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:11:25 PM

You 3 Newbie's need to chill.

There are reasons for delays and shipments that you may not be aware of and sometimes out of the providers control. In the real world when you send someone an email, standard turnaround time is 24 hours.

The GAW team has spoiled many of us with excellent customer support, and almost instant feedback in most situations. And when an issue arises they work hard to get it resolved in the best interest of their customers.

So don't get all crazy now,  just give it a minute and I'm sure all of your questions and concerns will be addressed accordingly.

As you might imagine they are running a large scale operation, probably 10x the amount of any other competitor out there, and have grown that large due to the fact they have a great team of people who work around the clock to support us customers and giving us great deals in the process.

So give em a break for a second and take a breath...I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Smiley

edit: Oh, and I don't work for GAW, although if they offered me a job, I would take it in a second Smiley

trilogy456

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

ASICMINER shares: Havelockinvestments.com

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

All existing customers looking to purchase a new blade will be able to purchase for 1399.95 today Smiley
And from front page:
"http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner/

Buy it now as there will only be a limited quantity available! We will offer also this with our free hosting! You will be online and hashing the same day!"

When I purchased this morning, it was $1499.99 (there was no link anywhere to the $1399 price for existing customers you mentioned), and I was charged shipping, when I thought they were hosted for free at this time. Hosting wasn't an option in the cart, and there was no free shipping option (like I see now) when my order went through.

I made a ticker already, just wanted to let you know about these issues.  Ticket 2977. I'm probably not the only one it happened to. Thanks.

******ASICMINER T U B E - The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far. DISCOVER NOW !!!******
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.0/
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:36:46 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 10:59:09 PM by GAW Miners

Hi Everybody,

We apologize for the delay in shipment and for not clarifying sooner the recent issues we've had. Here is an update:

We had over 100k dollars of orders that were fraud this week. The scammers used dozens of stolen credit cards to order hardware. Unfortunately, our credit merchants allowed the transactions to be processed. We've also had multiple chargebacks which we are currently dealing with. This is what tipped us off to the scammers.

To protect ourselves and our honest customers, we have had to pause shipments as well as cancel suspicious orders. This is why there was a delay. We did attempt to reach out to all customers that had delayed orders and provide mining credits. We are sorry if we missed you when those calls took place.

If you are of the few who have had their orders canceled by mistake (during our fraud purge), please email us directly with your phone # and order # at info@gawminers.com and we will call you immediately to resolve all issues.

We strive to ensure that our customers receive the best service in the industry and nobody is left behind. For those who have had their shipments delayed, we will reimburse you for the downtime (missed mining time). In addition, we now have an advanced fraud detection system in place to prevent this from happening in the future.

If you've had any other issues, please reach out to us through PM, email or phone and we will work with you as quickly as possible to resolve them.

Thank you for your understanding and for believing in us.

Team GAW

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 11:05:11 PM

Hi Guys,

Here is the link to the Blade for existing customers!

http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner-for-existing-customers-only/

Colorado_Miner

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

Any chance we can buy second hand equipment taken in on trade Smiley
yeahright

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:07:24 AM

Hi Guys,

http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner-for-existing-customers-only/

Is that price for non hosted only? No hosting option?
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:10:06 AM

Hi Guys,

Is that price for non hosted only? No hosting option?

http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner-includes-1-year-of-free-hosting-for-existing-customers-only/

yeahright

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

Thanks just order. These will come online within the hour as well or is there wait time?
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:51:47 AM

that's correct I will have it on for you would in 15 minutes if you order soon

yeahright

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:12:38 AM

that's correct I will have it on for you would in 15 minutes if you order soon

I already order #2099 but don't see it up yet and procedure to access the UI.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:45:06 AM

Hi Everybody,

We apologize for the delay in shipment and for not clarifying sooner the recent issues we've had. Here is an update:

We had over 100k dollars of orders that were fraud this week. The scammers used dozens of stolen credit cards to order hardware. Unfortunately, our credit merchants allowed the transactions to be processed. We've also had multiple chargebacks which we are currently dealing with. This is what tipped us off to the scammers.

To protect ourselves and our honest customers, we have had to pause shipments as well as cancel suspicious orders. This is why there was a delay. We did attempt to reach out to all customers that had delayed orders and provide mining credits. We are sorry if we missed you when those calls took place.

If you are of the few who have had their orders canceled by mistake (during our fraud purge), please email us directly with your phone # and order # at info@gawminers.com and we will call you immediately to resolve all issues.

We strive to ensure that our customers receive the best service in the industry and nobody is left behind. For those who have had their shipments delayed, we will reimburse you for the downtime (missed mining time). In addition, we now have an advanced fraud detection system in place to prevent this from happening in the future.

If you've had any other issues, please reach out to us through PM, email or phone and we will work with you as quickly as possible to resolve them.

Thank you for your understanding and for believing in us.

Team GAW

OK, so I feel the need to chime in here for a second.

As I mentioned before GAW had made this reply post, to those people who were complaining about delivery delays, fraud and calling their banks to do charge-backs and the like, were probably one of these people on the scam list.

I'm not saying you are a scammer by any means...don't get me wrong. What I am saying is that this company is so advanced that they were able to put such a system in place to find the scammers and fraudulent people using stolen credit cards to place orders, as well as the ones who were ordering items and then performing charge-backs. 

What seems to have happened in the process which is totally understandable is that a few of the honest customers may have been thought to be one of these scam artists and had their orders cancelled. I mean it's only fair to stop a bleeding wound before you bleed out...no? If they were loosing over $100,000 on something like this in a short period of time, where no other company by the way accepts Paypal or credit cards, just bitcoin and wire transfers to my knowledge for obvious reasons, then I don't blame them one bit for ceasing anything and everything until things were sorted out which they seem to be now. I mean, if you owned a company and you noticed you were basically being robbed, wouldn't you try and figure things out before you let it get too far? I know i would!

The fact that they did all of this in such a short period of time and are now back up and it's business as usual, and still have the best deals out there, is an amazing feat in itself. I have to say that I am impressed.

---begin flashback---

I mean I was always impressed, from their first posting on the forums with the announcement of their new operations a few weeks back which blew me away, since I've never seen a company selling mining gear do the things they were doing and offering to do, and be so affordable at the same time, with excellent customer service, etc.....it literally blew me away to the point that I needed to order something from them to see if they were as legit as they were claiming to be, maybe in the back of my head hoping they weren't so I could blast them away as scammers and liars like a lot of sellers on these forums. But they proved me wrong and delivered as promised, and whenever I had even the smallest issue, It was resolved quickly and fairly, and I can happily say I no longer have any doubts about them.

Being one of their first customers ordering a ten pack of gridseeds within an hour of them opening shop and seeing my miners come online with in minutes, I have yet to be let down by them. 

---end flashback---

I have personally dealt with pretty much every other vendor out there selling gear, and I would be lucky if I got a response a week later from some of them, let alone if they had an issue like this, they probably would have closed up shop and took off. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

If you believe your order was cancelled in error, GAW has posted above the steps you need to take to get your issue resolved, and knowing them and how they work from my personal experiences, I am pretty sure it will be taken care of quickly. That is unless you are one of those scammers and trying to pull a fast one on the only company who seems to be doing right for this community...and if that is the case I doubt they will be hearing from you Smiley

Now I would like to address the whole price drop/not fair issue people seem to be having with GAW.

From what I understand GAW or any other seller for that matter buys a product from the manufacturer at a certain price they are selling it to them for on that day. Keeping that in mind, If you paid $1999 for a 10 pack (Just like I did) it means that they paid a higher price for those miners and sold it to us at a markup. Whatever that is, is unimportant as that is the nature of a business model. You buy something for a price, mark it up a bit and sell it for a profit. Economics 101

It's a business after all. It's not Christmas and they are not Santa Caus...yet Smiley

So when they come back and are now offering the same 10 pack as an example for $1695, all that means is that the gridseed manufacturer lowered their prices they are selling it to the vendors for, hence the vendors selling them cheaper if they are fair and honest as GAW is doing.

Gaw doesn't need to do anything else at that point but sell their items at the price they get them at at a slight markup, again to make profit as it is a business with a 24/7 staff, datacenter and costs.
The fact that even offered their customers a deal to upgrade to the new Blades was a very nice gesture, and was not a mandatory requirement. It was simply in my eyes good business, as they are trying to please their customers which = a good business model and honest management. Heck, I bought the upgrade myself today.

So getting back to the "this guy paid $1695 and I paid $1999 , it doesn't seem fair...you have to take into consideration that GAW was also paying a higher price for those $1999 10 packs at the time, and now that they have gone down in price, they in turn lowered the price they are selling them for.

Why would you expect them or any company to lose money they spent buying the gear at a higher price, because the manufacturer lowered prices a few weeks after you bought an item.

I think GAW is being fair, honest and transparent as a company should be.

I predict them to be the leader in this industry very shortly, as no one seems to be able to come close to offer what they can offer and have the support they have, which I'm sure is due the relationships they have built with vendors/manufacturers, as well as being an established professional business in the first place.

I say this from experience not just with dealing with other vendors selling mining gear, but with dealing in business in the real world outside of a forum environment.

You know when a company, any company is being honest and fair with you, and I have seen a lot out there good and bad.

Ultimately if a company stands by their word and does what they say and promise, they will most usually be successful in anything they are doing or selling. You see GAW is also not like most of the other "selers" out there who specifically set up shop to sell and profit off mining gear from out of their basement. They were a successful company way before all of this, and have the experience, knowledge and customer service skills to perform way above the bar in this field.

I can see this from a mile away, just in they way they speak to their customers, and go above and beyond what any other vendor would do to keep a satisfied, happy customer. And I am proud to say I am one of them.

Well that's it for now, hopefully that clears some things up for people....wow I went on and on for a while huh?

I guess I just refuse to stand by and let the good guy take an unnecessary bashing.

Once again for my disclaimer: I do not work for GAW, but have only been a very satisfied customer, although if they offered me a job, I would take it in a second Smiley ...seriously guys come on, I work hard and stuff Smiley

Later doods!

healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:14:24 AM

Ordered a few sets of Gridseeds recently and will say that I've had great discussions with Josh and Joe.  Great guys who love this stuff as much as I do.  Although I can't access the UI yet, my pool is showing a hashrate that is as advertised.  Thanks a lot guys, keep up the work!  Sorry to hear about scammers.  Shame there are people around that will try to take advantage of others.  Oh well.  Keep on truckin'.
yeahright

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:17:55 AM

I'm still waiting for my blade to come online since my order 4 hours ago.  No hashing on the pool i submitted or anything yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: