Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:02:19 PM

snip

I bought a War Machine. It looks like it has 8 PCI-E 8 pin connectors. AFIAK there is no power supply, even 1500w that has 8 8pin connectors.
snip

my corsair ax1200 has 8.
My Silverston Tek 1500w has 8 as well.

Are the 8PIN CPU connectors the same as 8PIN PCI-E?

Mine has (2) 8PIN CPU) and (6) 8PIN PCI-E
All of these power supplies are over 1200w and have at LEAST 8 PCI-E 8-pin connectors. Some of them have 10 or even 16 PCI-E 8-pin connectors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600479299%20600479300%20600083997%20600324222%20600360472&IsNodeId=1&name=16%20x%206%2b2-Pin

I've found newegg sometimes lists psu's Pcie slot quantities incorrectly, really check out the products before you buy. I usually cross-reference to the manufacturer.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

snip

I bought a War Machine. It looks like it has 8 PCI-E 8 pin connectors. AFIAK there is no power supply, even 1500w that has 8 8pin connectors.
snip

my corsair ax1200 has 8.
My Silverston Tek 1500w has 8 as well.

Are the 8PIN CPU connectors the same as 8PIN PCI-E?

Mine has (2) 8PIN CPU) and (6) 8PIN PCI-E
All of these power supplies are over 1200w and have at LEAST 8 PCI-E 8-pin connectors. Some of them have 10 or even 16 PCI-E 8-pin connectors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600479299%20600479300%20600083997%20600324222%20600360472&IsNodeId=1&name=16%20x%206%2b2-Pin

I've found newegg sometimes lists psu's Pcie slot quantities incorrectly, really check out the products before you buy. I usually cross-reference to the manufacturer.
You should always cross reference. They are pretty accurate though.

This is probably the one you want.

Regular Guy™
unimatrixzer0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:53:07 PM

Hmm, they should consider redundant systems if the internet, networking equipment or whatever goes down.
modernminer

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

Hey all, since I know as a newbie poster and account I ought to share that I am a long timer lurker to the forum this year. I only recently got into mining this year with the gridseeds. I too fell victim price falls. I bought Gridseeds back before GAW even was around at over 200 each so trust me I feel everyone's pain. In excess of 25 gridseeds kind of pain. Unfortunately, such is the name of the game as difficulty goes up hardware viability goes down etc but I am so happy to have GAW. In my particular situation having blades at home was no option. I have the usual cooling, noise but more importantly I have a wife and nobody wants an upset wife with fans buzzing 24/7 nonstop. So I took a shot with GAW on some hosted blades. I have been thrilled!

I thought I would share my support story today as well because my blades were hashing for about a week and I made some pool changes which caused one of my hosted blades to hash at half. Essentially a single blade issue. Anyways, I just wanted to specifically thank Luke from GAW today for going above and beyond helping me out with my hosted blade this morning. Luke worked with me via the ticket system all morning long and resolved it for me. I honestly am not sure what problem other people are having with the ticket system.

I will admit there have been some growing pains I am sure and maybe I am a bit naive as a newbie in this industry overall this year but I have had great interactions with various of the staff at GAW. My tip is to use the ticket system as not only is there a record you can see who you are working with as they are assigned to your ticket. From what I gather they are at it 24/7 there trying to keep up. Yes there was some time between my ticket opening and some action but also I think its hard to expect much at 1am when I opened my ticket. I could always host myself but these are some pro cons of a hosted solution. Overall I think they are close to nailing it.

Overall, mining has demands but I am pleased to say GAW has fulfilled my needs. I am hoping their own products will be even better supported. Anyways, I hope people are out there taking advantage of the slight drop in difficulty from last week and getting themselves some nice stash of altcoins. Good luck out there and crossing fingers for some price rises later this year and next.

Cheers everyone... C

modernminer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:03:53 PM

In all honesty just sharing my story... I agree hard as a newbie to have credit but figured I would tell a truthful story. My blade stopped working on early Monday. I tried reboots etc myself. Then submitted a ticket finally on Monday night. They got to work on it today. I know its a lil slow but hell losing a lil hashing is better than having nothing up. Again, just wanted to share how things worked for me is all. I plan to get more involved as a poster. I don't think its perfect over at GAW yet but they are trying as far as I can tell.

Hey all, since I know as a newbie poster and account I ought to share that I am a long timer lurker to the forum this year. I only recently got into mining this year with the gridseeds. I too fell victim price falls. I bought Gridseeds back before GAW even was around at over 200 each so trust me I feel everyone's pain. In excess of 25 gridseeds kind of pain. Unfortunately, such is the name of the game as difficulty goes up hardware viability goes down etc but I am so happy to have GAW. In my particular situation having blades at home was no option. I have the usual cooling, noise but more importantly I have a wife and nobody wants an upset wife with fans buzzing 24/7 nonstop. So I took a shot with GAW on some hosted blades. I have been thrilled!

I thought I would share my support story today as well because my blades were hashing for about a week and I made some pool changes which caused one of my hosted blades to hash at half. Essentially a single blade issue. Anyways, I just wanted to specifically thank Luke from GAW today for going above and beyond helping me out with my hosted blade this morning. Luke worked with me via the ticket system all morning long and resolved it for me. I honestly am not sure what problem other people are having with the ticket system.

I will admit there have been some growing pains I am sure and maybe I am a bit naive as a newbie in this industry overall this year but I have had great interactions with various of the staff at GAW. My tip is to use the ticket system as not only is there a record you can see who you are working with as they are assigned to your ticket. From what I gather they are at it 24/7 there trying to keep up. Yes there was some time between my ticket opening and some action but also I think its hard to expect much at 1am when I opened my ticket. I could always host myself but these are some pro cons of a hosted solution. Overall I think they are close to nailing it.

Overall, mining has demands but I am pleased to say GAW has fulfilled my needs. I am hoping their own products will be even better supported. Anyways, I hope people are out there taking advantage of the slight drop in difficulty from last week and getting themselves some nice stash of altcoins. Good luck out there and crossing fingers for some price rises later this year and next.

Cheers everyone... C

Seriously starting to NOT trust this thread.  Every time people complain some "new to the forum" poster has a positive experience with the same issue. 
modernminer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Three tips for you

1) we deleted all my pools and re-entered them. maybe its a flaw in the UI but it did help the blade get hashing again.

2) to monitor what I did to help narrow which blade was causing issues was have different worker from my pool for each blade. I could then check the pool and see if they were receiving hashes. It greatly narrowed my issues to the one blade hashing at half.

3) not sure but sometimes the UI is behind or incorrect. I have seen the UI state the blade is down or rebooting but in reality nothing changed and my pool shows it is still hashing.

Anyways just my tips... hope they help!

My tip is to use the ticket system as not only is there a record you can see who you are working with as they are assigned to your ticket. From what I gather they are at it 24/7 there trying to keep up. Yes there was some time between my ticket opening and some action but also I think its hard to expect much at 1am when I opened my ticket. I could always host myself but these are some pro cons of a hosted solution. Overall I think they are close to nailing it.
I have opened 7 tickets for the same issue over the past 4 weeks: blades not rebooting and stalling for hours at a time.  Each time supports has gotten them back online, but we shouldn't have to open a ticket this many times for the same issue.

I know they are working on the solutions, and I know it probably pisses them off for us to post here.  But until they get it straightened out, we/they have no choice.

Hopefully posting will piss them off enough to fix the rebooting/power/UI issues once and for all.

GAW: You can delete our posts, but people will still get the updates via email, so it's archived.  Instead of spending time deleting the posts, leave them up and respond with how you are fixing the issue; that would be much better.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:37:06 PM

looks like they just repackaged the Zeus miners and are pawning them off as their own. seems a bit too similar...no?

I don't think that's being disputed. Of course Zeus could be under contract to put together equipment based on GAW's specifications too though.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

looks like they just repackaged the Zeus miners and are pawning them off as their own. seems a bit too similar...no?

No. GAW CEO personally designed and fabricated the chips, soldered to the boards, and installed into the custom-made cases carved out of a single piece of mahogany. True story.
alienesb

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:44:11 PM

Specifications?

you rally think gaw has anything special done to these Zeus miners?  ha!

They are the same ones in a different box. maybe a logo added.

The only difference is that that may be able to add the their user interface if that ever gets fixed.

There are faster miners out there and available within a few days...just search.

Why would you wait until at least the end of may at the earliest?

I don't know and I haven't ordered one but you seem to have strong opinions for some reason. Why so sore?
alienesb

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:55:22 PM

Dude, all I see is you bitching about something you didn't pay for... for what? Are you the mining avenger? Are you righting the wrongs for everyone else? Kind of an odd hobby if you ask me.
alienesb

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:01:06 PM

But he's not even a customer so it's kind of odd no? You started an unmoderated thread though (and one for Zoomhash) so there can be plenty of legit bitching there instead of someone screaming fire and looking for free shit and then getting pissed when their extortion plot didn't work out.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:16:04 PM

This is an interesting thread. I will be watching because I am looking for more miners.
alienesb

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

OK, now you can go after the other ASIC people. Go get them Mining Avenger!
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:26:12 PM

GAW helped me out with each and every problem I encountered with my orders and my miners are hashing away 24/7 without problems at home. They refunded me more then they should and are open for new ideas!
(They combined orders to save shipping costs and threw in some extra miners when they shipped back a replacement for the DOA miner I received)

All these negative comments are not what GAW Miners deserves, I've ordered from several ASIC suppliers but GAW definetly is my favourite.

+1 for GAW, excellent support and delivery! To the moon!
alienesb

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:28:51 PM

Mining Avenger....I like it!

the question is why aren't other people Avenging?  with name like 'the Fury, the Black Widow, the Falcon and the War Machine'

there should be  a lot more 'Avengers' out there who actually paid for this 'service'

I see what you did there, pretty witty.
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:44:38 PM

I ordered two blades when the website said they were in stock. Got an email saying they were shipped on the 7th, but all USPS has received is electronic info, no shipment. This is now two days after GAW said it shipped, but USPS has not received anything.

What happened to in-stock with immediate shipping? Shipping is not send out electronic info but holding merchandise.
This order from the 7th still has not shipped according to USPS. I love how GAW sends USPS electronic info, and say the order is "shipped" but USPS has yet to receive any shipment....

My GAW Miners customer service experience has been weak so far. Sure, lots of different responses but no answers.

this happened to me as well but it will eventually update

This is a issue with USPS, and not something we can control Smiley

I don't believe that this is a USPS problem. If my order was shipped when your website said it was shipped, I would have it by now since I paid extra for 2-3 day priority mail. It simply hasn't shipped yet! There is no lag in tracking update. Why does GAW continue to blame USPS? Now 6 days after the order and nothing has shipped..

USPS has lost about 20-30% of our packages. So, thats typically the case in situations like this. But if you an PM me your order number, I will personally find out whats going on, thanks!
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:50:11 PM

Oh dear..  wheellocks is back again?Huh  Did his Meds run out again???

Oh dear...

Lets just put it this way..  If you read all the "Stuff" wheellocks has posted here on Bitcoin Talk, you cant come to any other conclusion other than he is nothing but a DonkeyTroll.. Simple as that..

Do your homework people..

And remember, please dont feed the DonkeyTrolls..

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:59:04 PM

I ordered two blades when the website said they were in stock. Got an email saying they were shipped on the 7th, but all USPS has received is electronic info, no shipment. This is now two days after GAW said it shipped, but USPS has not received anything.

What happened to in-stock with immediate shipping? Shipping is not send out electronic info but holding merchandise.
This order from the 7th still has not shipped according to USPS. I love how GAW sends USPS electronic info, and say the order is "shipped" but USPS has yet to receive any shipment....

My GAW Miners customer service experience has been weak so far. Sure, lots of different responses but no answers.

I don't believe that this is a USPS problem. If my order was shipped when your website said it was shipped, I would have it by now since I paid extra for 2-3 day priority mail. It simply hasn't shipped yet! There is no lag in tracking update. Why does GAW continue to blame USPS? Now 6 days after the order and nothing has shipped..

USPS has lost about 20-30% of our packages. So, thats typically the case in situations like this. But if you an PM me your order number, I will personally find out whats going on, thanks!

Is the problem deeper than just "losing" packages? I've had hundreds of packages and have never lost a single one via USPS. It just seems like there's something much more nefarious going on here than simple loss. Are they being confiscated for some reason?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:00:07 PM

GAW helped me out with each and every problem I encountered with my orders and my miners are hashing away 24/7 without problems at home. They refunded me more then they should and are open for new ideas!
(They combined orders to save shipping costs and threw in some extra miners when they shipped back a replacement for the DOA miner I received)

All these negative comments are not what GAW Miners deserves, I've ordered from several ASIC suppliers but GAW definetly is my favourite.

+1 for GAW, excellent support and delivery! To the moon!

just curious how much you may have been paid for that defensive post? did the ceo call you and say, hey man post something good ...quick!

maybe I'm wrong and gaw is #1, they should make those foam #1 fingers you can put over your hand, like at a sporting event.
So when you get you miner, if it works, you can put it on, assuming they include it in the package, and wave, "yay...gaw is #1....yay!!!!

What are you trying to proof with such a negative attitude? I spend about $2k at GAW and the only reason I am posting this is because people like you are throwing shit at them based on a few posts and messages instead of actually ordering.

I was in the shitty position where the European customs fucked me over by charging me over $300 extra on import costs and taxes while I asked for a commercial invoice at the comment section when ordering. I also asked for EU power adapters for the usb hubs but I received US ones instead.

They told me that they do not offer a Commercial Invoice, yet they refunded me the full amount because it was such an unexpected drawback for me. They also refunded me for the usb hubs and gave me some store credit for the trouble.

You want proof? I can give you pictures of the orders, pictures of the miners or whatever you even desire. I am posting a defensive post because I actually gave them the chance to proof themselves while you are being negative without spending a single dollar.

What do you people expect from the mining world? free testing? free miners? free compensation when something new comes out and you make less money then expected?

This isn't a fantasy world with a happy ending for everyone, for every miner that is being sold we all have to pay the price of getting less income per hash.

Do you think that every car that is produced will run for years without problems? NO, some will have problems within months! Then why are you people amazed that some miners aren't working 24/7? If you dont trust GAWminers that they are working hard to keep your uptime as high as possible then why not ship them to your home?

Lets not take this to far, I just want to post my experience with them as I feel that the entire forum is made for this.

What gives you the right to call your opinion about GAWminers "the truth"? Every person will have a different feeling about them, respect it and stop spamming the thread trying to prove your point.
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

Is the problem deeper than just "losing" packages? I've had hundreds of packages and have never lost a single one via USPS. It just seems like there's something much more nefarious going on here than simple loss. Are they being confiscated for some reason?

Nope, its been going on for a while. We have only been using them to gain the scale to then bring the cost of fedex and UPS down to offer free shipping through them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: