Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Altcoins replace Bitcoin?!?!?  (Read 3516 times)
Rikotin

Activity: 296
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 02:06:21 PM

so, i think The emergence of altcoins is certainly a good thing. but i don't think they will replace bitcoin. Are there any altcoins that can replace bitcoin in this market? If there is a coin that can replace bitcoin, it can only be content with getting closer to bitcoin. bitcoin is the pioneer of this market. very difficult, perhaps impossible, to replace it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 02:09:28 PM

The altcoins that I believe that has some chance of replacing Bitcoin is Litecoin and Cardano.
Your dream is very illogical and even I laughed when I read it, do you not see the position of Litecoin and Cardano at this time? if you rarely see coin rankings, then wash your face first and look at all the coins ranked and analyze which coins will replace Bitcoin, although after that no one will ever be able to replace Bitcoin Grin
surely he will not find an altcoin for a position as strong as bitcoin.
Bitcoin dominance is still strong in the market. I don't think there is any development of an altcoin that can be as strong as bitcoin in dominating the market so far.
everyone will agree, bitcoin will be the best and that's undeniable.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Kusman

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 02:09:39 PM

Actually there is always a possibility for some altcoin to replace Bitcoin in the future. Maybe it will be one of the altcoins that are already in the market now or it will be a completely new one that will be released in the future. Bitcoin is not an invincible cryptocurrency. It's just too powerful compared to others. By saying powerful, I mean that the dominance and the number of places that it's used in.

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 03:06:22 PM

Altcoins are never going to replace Bitcoin. It is not going to happen
Altcoins may provide better alternatives to bitcoin in terms of transactions cost, speed and reliability but BTC will remain the major cryptocurrency with the largest market share.
When all the BTC blocks are mined completely, the price and value will even go a lot higher

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 03:22:33 PM

I don't have a problem or reason why we should see a change in the current crypto structure of how bitcoin is positioned in comparison to altcoins.
Bitcoin is okay where it is,  let's think of the structure being bitcoin is a different coin while the rest are alcoins and bitcoin can't mix with them, so basically speaking ranks of altcoins change around themselves only hence should change have been needed this would have changed way back.
To conclusively close this topic I feel it's just not necessary , let's talk regulation and safe ways of mining not ranks of coins.
Macadonian

Activity: 467
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 04:26:41 PM

If Bitcoin was replaced by a Altcoin the altcoin would need to fix the bigger issues that Bitcoin have and that would probably be fees and scalability but at the moment we do not have any coin that replaces these things with anything better at least a big improvement on it.
BuyingBitcoin

Activity: 69
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 03:20:35 AM

Of course Bitcoin will be dominate. I'm just saying the marginal chance of Litecoin and Cardano out performing Bitcoin as a currency is when billionaires like Elon Musk and Michael Saylor decided to switch from Bitcoin to Litecoin as an example.
This would create the marginal chance for Litecoin to flip Bitcoin. Social media influence has power over the market.
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 04:08:58 AM

I've said it times without number, that no altcoins have the ability to replace. Though there are altcoins that have better features than Bitcoin but they don't come close at all in terms of market cap and liquidity
Although altcoins have liquidity bitcoin is more powerful altcoins can never replace bitcoin, but the price of altcoins fluctuates depending on the price of  after bitcoin the location of altcoin. Looking at the market cap bitcoin is at the top of all currencies.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 04:29:13 AM

Will the rise of altcoins eventually lead to the demise of Bitcoin? Ultimately Bitcoin has been tested and it has a place in the crypto world. Join our  discord https://discord.gg/pp7Jwsp9 for further discussions about this topic. Tell me what you think?

Demise is not the right word overtake should be the one, if ever they are going to overtake Bitcoin it will take more years and the coin that will replace them should be good enough and widely adopted so far the nearest competitors are Ethereum and Binance but many coins are coming in and continue developing, the scenario could be different in the next five years.
Chathusand

Activity: 643
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 08:48:21 PM

I believe The introduction of altcoins is unquestionably beneficial. However, I do not believe they will be able to take the position of bitcoin. Are there any alternative cryptocurrencies that can compete with bitcoin in this market? If there is a coin that can replace bitcoin, it can only aim to be as similar to it as possible. Bitcoin is the market's forerunner. It will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace it.
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 02:56:21 AM

Altcoins may provide better alternatives to bitcoin in terms of transactions cost, speed and reliability but BTC will remain the major cryptocurrency with the largest market share.
When all the BTC blocks are mined completely, the price and value will even go a lot higher

I agree with you that altcoins are unlikely to replace the king of crypto Bitcoin. It is said by economists that Bitcoin has become an integral part of the modern financial system. After all, Bitcoin is the reserve currency in China today. It provides offshore yuan. Moreover, all altcoins follow its trends, so I don’t think that any of them will replace it.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:14:02 AM

I agree with you that altcoins are unlikely to replace the king of crypto Bitcoin. It is said by economists that Bitcoin has become an integral part of the modern financial system. After all, Bitcoin is the reserve currency in China today. It provides offshore yuan. Moreover, all altcoins follow its trends, so I don’t think that any of them will replace it.

Altcoin may replace bitcoin only if bitcoin die. The question, will bitcoin die with no users, without any usages anymore in the future? I doubt it will happen as bitcoin user based is increased day by day and many non crypto projects started to adopt bitcoin as one of the payment method. Pretty sure bitcoin will be more known in the future, more people use it and no chances to see it die.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:22:56 AM

Will the rise of altcoins eventually lead to the demise of Bitcoin? Ultimately Bitcoin has been tested and it has a place in the crypto world. Join our  discord https://discord.gg/pp7Jwsp9 for further discussions about this topic. Tell me what you think?
This question was a bait to join the op discord group.  I will answer the question nonetheless.  Altcoin will not replace bitcoin neither bitcoin will replace altcoin, I believe things might change in the future as to the leading Cryptocurrency!  Bitcoin is gold standard of Cryptocurrency and while altcoin have various gem . Altcoin is diverse and more adaptable to various sector of society from economic, business,  political to entertainment  etc. 

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:25:57 AM

Can't predict with altcoin can replace with bitcoin position because YFI coin ever have higher price than bitcoin although now going to lower price under bitcoin, always have possibility with new altcoin going to higher price above bitcoin but still do not know which one altcoin success and keep stable on higher price above bitcoin. For YFI only exist few months have higher price above bitcoin before going dump again under bitcoin price.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:27:09 AM

Altcoin may replace bitcoin only if bitcoin die. The question, will bitcoin die with no users, without any usages anymore in the future? I doubt it will happen as bitcoin user based is increased day by day and many non crypto projects started to adopt bitcoin as one of the payment method. Pretty sure bitcoin will be more known in the future, more people use it and no chances to see it die.

And bitcoin will never die  Smiley
Bitcoin is truly decentralized currency and no altcoin can match this. There is no way that the marketcap of any altcoin become greater than bitcoin. This is theoretically not possible.
budi12

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 07:12:33 PM

Will the rise of altcoins eventually lead to the demise of Bitcoin? Ultimately Bitcoin has been tested and it has a place in the crypto world. Join our  discord https://discord.gg/pp7Jwsp9 for further discussions about this topic. Tell me what you think?

Altcoins will not be able to replace bitcoin forever. because everyone only knows bitcoin as the king of all coins. bitcoin has everything so it is difficult for altcoins to replace bitcoin in cryptocurency. bitcoin has a high popularity and bitcoin is always number 1 everywhere you meet.
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 08:34:00 AM

Will the rise of altcoins eventually lead to the demise of Bitcoin? Ultimately Bitcoin has been tested and it has a place in the crypto world. Join our  discord https://discord.gg/pp7Jwsp9 for further discussions about this topic. Tell me what you think?

Altcoins will not be able to replace bitcoin forever. because everyone only knows bitcoin as the king of all coins. bitcoin has everything so it is difficult for altcoins to replace bitcoin in cryptocurency. bitcoin has a high popularity and bitcoin is always number 1 everywhere you meet.
Bitcoin is the king and impossible can replace by altcoin, although have new altcoin touch higher price above bitcoin just stay few days only before price back to lower. Not any chance for altcoin can be the same price with bitcoin because bitcoin is the king for altcoin and always altcoin have allow with bitcoin price.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 10:21:19 AM

Bitcoin has really been tested for years and through all those years, at every stage it kept proving its worth and potential, thus having a unique place in the crypto space, of which more people are now understanding how trustworthy it is. As for altcoins, only few are good and the only one closest to Bitcoin is Ethereum, but if we look more carefully we can see that Ethereum team are not really trying to be in any competition with Bitcoin but rather they are more focused on making their blockchain stand out from the huge numbers out there. And if Ethereum isn't challenging Bitcoin in my own opinion, then no other altcoin can, because a lot can't even be compared to Ethereum.
A lot of big potential investors starts mostly with Bitcoin for long term investment, hence the growing market value of Bitcoin, while a lot of upcoming projects gets started with other altcoins blockchains of which a lot of those upcoming projects do not last long. So in essence, no altcoin have what it takes to replace Bitcoin.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 11:55:01 AM

Altcoins replace bitcoin? it seems that the impossible thing will happen, so far bitcoin has been the reference for various altcoins in price increases and altcoins have been very dependent on bitcoin so far, so far when bitcoin crashes of course the price of altcoins also crashes, and vice versa.
Although bitcoin and altcoin technology are different, basically the circulating altcoins are still designed based on the framework found in Bitcoin today, So it is impossible for altcoins to replace bitcoin even though today many altcoin platforms use quite sophisticated systems.

Davian144

Activity: 2520
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 12:02:53 PM

Altcoins replace bitcoin? it seems that the impossible thing will happen, so far bitcoin has been the reference for various altcoins in price increases and altcoins have been very dependent on bitcoin so far, so far when bitcoin crashes of course the price of altcoins also crashes, and vice versa.
Although bitcoin and altcoin technology are different, basically the circulating altcoins are still designed based on the framework found in Bitcoin today, So it is impossible for altcoins to replace bitcoin even though today many altcoin platforms use quite sophisticated systems.
Totally agree with what you say, and maybe the person who says "Altcoins replace bitcoin" is a person who doesn't know Bitcoin at all, so he said things like that here, just imagine if Bitcoin didn't exist, surely this Bitcointalk forum would not wake up and everyone will not be here, and if Altcoins can replace Bitcoin, where will this forum take?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: