Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:50:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners.  (Read 35155 times)
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 01:04:48 AM
Merited by PopoJeff (2)

So I have another unit down a board.  Looking for repair locations again.  Got a response from Myrig with a ticket # and shipping address.  I searched the address... and it's a UPS store. I'm hesitant 

I honestly think nobody should deal with Myrig for now until they sort these delays and slow response issues (read OP), however, it's normal for the address to be like that, UPS offers "Store mailbox services", which is just another way of saying a PO Box with a full address, so it looks like Myrig are trying to hide their workshop address for some reason, that alone isn't something that will raise a big flag for me, but the other reasons mentioned above are pretty serious.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N8twon

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 07:27:02 PM

I had a S17+ repaired by Core Scientific

I recommend them. Works great. Needed 7 new chips installed. Great experience and very professional.
NoKeyboard-BTW

Activity: 68
Merit: 40

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 08:18:35 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2021, 08:29:41 PM by NoKeyboard-BTW
Merited by mikeywith (4)

I recommend them. Works great. Needed 7 new chips installed. Great experience and very professional.

I had the opposite experience with Core Scientific. S17pro went in limping and came out of their facility much worse. Add insult to injury, it took over two months, when it was returned a heat sink was loose inside the box, and under a stereo microscope, one side of the PIC chip wasn't even touching it's pads after I assume they reflowed (had to resolder this myself and still doesn't work). The first diagnosis was all temp sensors were bad at a quote for $400 to a PIC, Boost circuit, some temp. sensors were bad on two boards - that were then deemed "unrepairable", $129. From my experience, there is one point of contact there - he is knowledgeable and professional when you are able to talk to him. As of Nov. 2020 they had 6 techs. there.  

Repair Initiation: A
Diagnosis: D
Customer Service while in repair: B
Actual Repairs: F
Pricing: B

N8twon

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 12:33:36 AM

I had 7 chips replaced. And thermal reflow service.

$270 total

Took about 10 days total. Might be off a day or so. She is working just fine. I've only had her back for 8 hours though. I'll report back if there is an issue.

I'd give the service 9.5 out 10

Superb in almost every way

Only criticism I have is I didn't get the return tracking # quickly. I got it today, which is the same day I received. Had to of mailed it the same day I paid.

9.5 out of 10
harah352

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2021, 04:37:22 PM

Any repair center out there that repairs Innosilicon T3s?  I have some with bad hashbooards that needs repair.  Let me know.  Thx.
PopoJeff

Activity: 414
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 01:00:10 AM
Merited by mikeywith (4)

Just shipped off an S17+ 73 to NH today (Fri).
My first dealing with the new authorized Bitmain service location.
Www.Greatvoyage.com
Email communication so far has been good.
They should receive it Wed.
I'll update with results

Home garage miner: (3) S19j pro
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 06:13:24 AM

Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results
Well for once this looks like a valid site - since Bitmain lists them on their blog:
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PopoJeff

Activity: 414
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2021, 11:21:57 AM

Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results
Well for once this looks like a valid site - since Bitmain lists them on their blog:
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/

Yes sir, as is stated in post #1

Home garage miner: (3) S19j pro
N8twon

View Profile
September 05, 2021, 05:46:18 PM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

I had the opposite experience with Core Scientific. S17pro went in limping and came out of their facility much worse. Add insult to injury, it took over two months, when it was returned a heat sink was loose inside the box, and under a stereo microscope, one side of the PIC chip wasn't even touching it's pads after I assume they reflowed (had to resolder this myself and still doesn't work). The first diagnosis was all temp sensors were bad at a quote for $400 to a PIC, Boost circuit, some temp. sensors were bad on two boards - that were then deemed "unrepairable", $129. From my experience, there is one point of contact there - he is knowledgeable and professional when you are able to talk to him. As of Nov. 2020 they had 6 techs. there.  

Repair Initiation: A
Diagnosis: D
Customer Service while in repair: B
Actual Repairs: F
Pricing: B

Update

Last night s17+ turned off. Only hashing on 2 chains instead of 3 now. Emailed Core to see if I need to send it back or what to do. Will report back. I can get 50 tH out of it for the time being. Sounds like this is a common issues with the s17 series. Super frustrating.
NoKeyboard-BTW

Activity: 68
Merit: 40

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 08:41:38 PM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

Update

Last night s17+ turned off. Only hashing on 2 chains instead of 3 now. Emailed Core to see if I need to send it back or what to do. Will report back. I can get 50 tH out of it for the time being. Sounds like this is a common issues with the s17 series. Super frustrating.

It would be great to know how this is handled. 'After the repair' policy is something that is muddy at best, if at all.
N8twon

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 09:00:57 PM

I'll report back in a few days. No response today
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 11:33:22 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2021, 11:47:39 PM by mikeywith

It would be great to know how this is handled. 'After the repair' policy is something that is muddy at best, if at all.

That is a huge problem honestly, I don't know how these repair services handle this thing when it comes to Bitmain's 17 series, these gears are of very low quality, it will be hard to offer any sort of warranty given that fact that another chip might just fall/burn in just a few hours post-repair, they could tell you that if the same chip which they repaired fails again they will fix it for free but then who will handle the shipping cost and all the other expenses?

As they say "The devil is in the detail", and therefore, before shipping any gear for repair one must ask all these questions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
demolo8498

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 12:14:28 AM

Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

I sent an S17E to great voyage.  First they return shipped to the wrong address, they forgot the last digit of my address, so the address didnt exist.  It ended up getting shipped back to them and then they left it sitting in their warehouse for a week before shipping it again.  Then when i received the machine, it was in worse condition.  When I sent it in, 2 of the 3 hashboards were working.   after their "repair"  the machine would not boot at all into the operating system.  Pressing the IP Config button would not work, i could not get IP Reporter to detect an IP.  and the lights on the back were solid red and green.  Not to mention, the heatsink that had fallen off, was still lose!

I just shipped that machine to MYRIG in denver colorado.  Ive already accepted that this machine is a total loss, but if myrig fixes it, I have 4 more machines that need repair that I will send.  Since they have 2/3 hashboards working, I do not want to unplug them and risk shipping them to come back in worse condition.  
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 03:29:28 AM

I sent an S17E to great voyage.  First they return shipped to the wrong address, they forgot the last digit of my address, so the address didnt exist.  It ended up getting shipped back to them and then they left it sitting in their warehouse for a week before shipping it again.  Then when i received the machine, it was in worse condition.  When I sent it in, 2 of the 3 hashboards were working.   after their "repair"  the machine would not boot at all into the operating system.  Pressing the IP Config button would not work, i could not get IP Reporter to detect an IP.  and the lights on the back were solid red and green.  Not to mention, the heatsink that had fallen off, was still lose!

I just shipped that machine to MYRIG in denver colorado.  Ive already accepted that this machine is a total loss, but if myrig fixes it, I have 4 more machines that need repair that I will send.  Since they have 2/3 hashboards working, I do not want to unplug them and risk shipping them to come back in worse condition.  

The IP config button, in a nutshell, does exactly "nothing".

My guess is that they had it set on static IP on a different subject than yours, probably all you had to do was to reset the miner using one of the few methods available, the most effective would be Sdcarding the machine, but hey, even if that was the case this is still a terrible service, let alone the shipping issues you mentioned.

But why would you send a working miner for repair? just unplug the bad hashboard and send it, why risk 2 working hashboards and waste potential earnings? it's pretty easy to take them apart, if the repair service insists on sending the whole miner with an excuse that they don't have the control board and PSU required to test the dead board, you are probably better off not sending it to them in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 05:21:09 PM

About Alpha Asic repair, I sent them 8 units to repair (S17/T17E/T17). They were able to repair 5 of them, average cost $450 per miner (almost all boards needed some repair). Communication and turn around time was very quick. I would highly recommend them if anyone wants to try.

Have also sent few units to MyRig, got inital diagnosis, now waiting for repair.
N8twon

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 11:00:17 PM

Update

Still no response

Not good
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 12:46:35 PM

I'm starting the process to send some broken boards from 17 series miners to a repair place in Canada, I'll keep you posted how it goes.

I'm looking for somewhere in Canada as well.  Can you send me details of who you are using and any info on how it's going?

Still waiting to send stuff off, am reluctant to recommend unless I have direct experience.

Well its been a while, but I finally managed to get two S17+ machines shipped to D-Central in Canada.

Have the repair quote back, I guess its to do with the inflationary costs of bitcoin in general that the price to repair a S17+ is roughly the price it cost me to buy it directly from Bitmain in January 2020!

I'll get them repaired, they should re-roi in 3 months

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
pasqualino

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2021, 05:50:25 PM

Hi, how was your experience in Canada with D-Central? i need to repair 7 antminer s17 +
N8twon

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 06:32:00 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2021, 07:03:51 PM by N8twon

Update

Still no response

Not good

Update. Forget it, it was a fluke.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 09:33:36 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2021, 08:03:58 PM by Biffa

Hi, how was your experience in Canada with D-Central? i need to repair 7 antminer s17 +

They have the miners, but ETA for the repair is in November, so I won't know before then.

Cost to repair each miner is roughly what I paid for the miner in the first place.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: