Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit smoking and buy Bitcoin every week  (Read 7246 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 09:54:24 AM

Quitting smoking was a really good life decision, buying bitcoin with the money you spent on cigs is really good too. Your family & friends will be proud of you. You probably will add 10 years on to your life & you're investing money in bitcoin too, perfect.
Kinda curious though if one has a certain habit that will affect one's life badly and instead now throws those money being used for bad habit to buying Bitcoin.
I usually drink energy drinks and I, now, imagine if it would be hella worth it to quit sodas as well and throw it all in Bitcoin, not like it won't show some worth for a while, but in longer term, it surely is hella worth.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 10:20:53 AM

70$ is a lot of money in my country and I am quite shocked because a pack here is around 3$, that must be a lot of cigarettes. Good thing that I don't smoke because I have a lot of things that I wanted to spend on and cigarette is not one of them. There are helpful apps to keep on track with how much money you are saving by not smoking and that can be psychologically helpful as you have some sort of positive reinforcement for your commitment to stop smoking.

I guess the OP is from Turkey and there the GST is quite high for products such as alcohol and cigarettes. It is the same in most of the EU nations as well. The governments allow alcohol and cigarette sales only because they can be taxed very heavily. Else there is no reason for the government to allow their sales. So you can't really complain about the prices. There are only two options - pay 200% or 300% tax on them, or get ready to live without these products.
That kind of taxation is present in my country too although it is mostly on cigarettes, the audacity of the tobacco companies to complain that the taxation will be bad for them when they are the one exploiting the tobacco farmers is the most stupid thing ever that made my blood boil. It never deterred smokers to buy their packs, a small percentage stopped altogether and a little bit bigger than the latter reduced the packs that they consume and there seem to be more everyday, I won't complain about taxation on vices, the problem is that the taxes that comes from it are not used properly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:26:12 AM

That kind of taxation is present in my country too although it is mostly on cigarettes, the audacity of the tobacco companies to complain that the taxation will be bad for them when they are the one exploiting the tobacco farmers is the most stupid thing ever that made my blood boil. It never deterred smokers to buy their packs, a small percentage stopped altogether and a little bit bigger than the latter reduced the packs that they consume and there seem to be more everyday, I won't complain about taxation on vices, the problem is that the taxes that comes from it are not used properly.

I am not a smoker (never tried in my life), so I don't have anything against cigarettes getting taxed heavily. In fact I would urge the government to increase the taxes further.  Grin

Obviously most of the tax money is wasted by the government on waging wars and for paying salaries to the government employees and there is hardly anything that we could do about it. A lot of smuggling also takes place because of the high tax rates. And the issue for smokers is that the habit is very difficult to stop. So they don't have any option other than to spend a large part of their earnings on cigarettes.
Olivia Wolff

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:38:13 AM

Woah this is such an amazing idea! Now this money that you could have spent on such a bad thing, you're investing in your healthy and bright future. Well done! I hope it works out for you! Wink
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 12:55:56 PM

I am not a smoker (never tried in my life), so I don't have anything against cigarettes getting taxed heavily. In fact I would urge the government to increase the taxes further.  Grin

Obviously most of the tax money is wasted by the government on waging wars and for paying salaries to the government employees and there is hardly anything that we could do about it. A lot of smuggling also takes place because of the high tax rates. And the issue for smokers is that the habit is very difficult to stop. So they don't have any option other than to spend a large part of their earnings on cigarettes.

Cigarettes are one of the most bought items in the market. Many people, adult, old people and even minor are using it. Having it taxed is definitely good because it is a very good. But of course in terms of a person's expenses I think it is good that he finally realized that it is good to save bitcoin and have some of it as savings rather than buyung cigarettes. It has a double purpose in the life. You're making yourself free to some sickness and bad health problems and making yourself some funds available for emergency family problems like financially.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 01:11:53 PM

Woah this is such an amazing idea! Now this money that you could have spent on such a bad thing, you're investing in your healthy and bright future. Well done! I hope it works out for you! Wink
It will really work for him.

He's becoming healthy and invested at the right time using his budget buying bitcoin instead of buying cigars.

And with other people who have different activities that can be bad for them or can be spared, they can also apply what op has done.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 01:12:24 PM

Cigarettes are one of the most bought items in the market. Many people, adult, old people and even minor are using it. Having it taxed is definitely good because it is a very good. But of course in terms of a person's expenses I think it is good that he finally realized that it is good to save bitcoin and have some of it as savings rather than buyung cigarettes. It has a double purpose in the life. You're making yourself free to some sickness and bad health problems and making yourself some funds available for emergency family problems like financially.

I have seen something very similar for both alcohol and tobacco. No matter how much the government increases the tax level, the consumption of these substances never go down. People may resort to using smuggled product, but they will never give up using them. In a way, it will have a serious impact on the financial stability of the families of alcoholics and smokers. So I am against increasing the taxes beyond a fair limit.
Olivia Wolff

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 01:28:28 PM

He's becoming healthy and invested at the right time using his budget buying bitcoin instead of buying cigars.

And with other people who have different activities that can be bad for them or can be spared, they can also apply what op has done.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. This is a brilliant plan of how to quit a bad habit and getting benefits at the same time. This guy gets it doubly Grin
bitzizzix

Activity: 2422
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 01:46:36 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with you. This is a brilliant plan of how to quit a bad habit and getting benefits at the same time. This guy gets it doubly Grin
Yes, it is exemplary because smoking can damage health, especially the lungs which will be fatal if it is severe and even leads to death.
diverting cigarette-buying money to invest in bitcoin is a very good option, it doesn't matter although the OP can only generate a small amount of bitcoins each week and will be a lot in the long run if you do it regularly every week.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1340

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 02:13:29 PM

Yes, it is exemplary because smoking can damage health, especially the lungs which will be fatal if it is severe and even leads to death.
diverting cigarette-buying money to invest in bitcoin is a very good option, it doesn't matter although the OP can only generate a small amount of bitcoins each week and will be a lot in the long run if you do it regularly every week.
This is a very good example, but it is very important whether a person was able to completely quit smoking, or is looking for a replacement for cigarettes. You can quit smoking, but will instead eat a lot of sweets to compensate for the constant craving for smoking. This is what my friend does, he eats a lot of sweets and I don’t know if he can save money.  Smiley But in any case, quitting smoking is very good and investing in bitcoin is a prospect for the future, which will bring results.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Louis Harper

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 08:27:52 AM

Congratulations on making the right decision, because quitting smoking and buying Bitcoin, you can stay healthy while also accumulating a portion of your wealth, which is a good choice for a win-win situation.
Jazzi Mahesh

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:58:49 AM

Great you avoided something which is injurious to health. Bitcoin will help you with earning a handsome amount of money rather than wasting on smoking.
boyptc

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 08:01:02 PM

It's such a good plan for those who have bad habits and also want to invest in bitcoin. But instead of immediately investing, they are reasoning out that they don't have enough budget.

Now, by doing that initiative, he really rocks that plan and made it right.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 08:22:02 PM

It's such a good plan for those who have bad habits and also want to invest in bitcoin. But instead of immediately investing, they are reasoning out that they don't have enough budget.

Now, by doing that initiative, he really rocks that plan and made it right.
You cant really tell that it wont work if you dont really try it all and to those who do make out some excuses are really the ones who arent willing to quit up their vices so its
expected that they would really be having those kind of behavior on things.This dude did really succeed on quitting smoking at the same time he do benefit out on the
bitcoin he had saved out from that.Only a few could really be having that kind of mental control and discipline towards self because we know that vices are really
hard to quit once you do really get used to it or being part of your daily lives.For those who do tend to quit and save up this way then its not really late at all.
Quidat

Activity: 2604
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:12:21 PM

Do you know, why you had received that much smerits for this single post!!Because your idea was simply superb one. Many people wasting their money for the cigarette and drink. Which is not a healthy one according to many international health society. So it's better to inverse money without confusing

He doesnt care nor mind about smerits but actually these kind of post do really get some appreciation because not all would really be doing this..This is even my first time seeing this kind of post on where it particularly talks about quitting smoking and then the money that he would save will be put up in Bitcoin every week which it isnt only saving up his own health but also he do make money with just simply doing that. 2 birds hit on one stone as we say where you do benefit out the most with just doing on stopping smoking.Just like what others mentioned where this do really involve to be that much discipline towards temptations on doing it again.
boyptc

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:24:33 PM

You cant really tell that it wont work if you dont really try it all and to those who do make out some excuses are really the ones who arent willing to quit up their vices so its
expected that they would really be having those kind of behavior on things.This dude did really succeed on quitting smoking at the same time he do benefit out on the
bitcoin he had saved out from that.Only a few could really be having that kind of mental control and discipline towards self because we know that vices are really
hard to quit once you do really get used to it or being part of your daily lives.For those who do tend to quit and save up this way then its not really late at all.
I hope that there will be more like him.

Who had promised themselves to quit and not just promising it but doing it for their own sake. And if there's something that stops them, they will do an alternative just to make the result better.

We're happy to see more people do as he did.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:03:24 PM

I hope you will become the next billionaire, since you leave bad habbit and change it into best investment ever. If you do that actually you are doing Dollar Cost Averaging strategy and it is very good. Actually I live in the city where cigarette companies are very big, many people in my city work there, but I don't like smoking because it doesn't give me any benefits. I even avoid to work there although the companies offer high salary because I don't want to support companies like that.

MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:14:16 PM

These posts are inspiring, I see that the author no longer edits his post. I wonder what happened, does he not invest any more? By the way, I quit smoking thanks to the flu 3 years ago. When I had a cold, I could not smoke, the body rejected cigarettes.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:15:30 PM

I hope you will become the next billionaire, since you leave bad habbit and change it into best investment ever.
Yep, it is a good decision to quit smoking because it is a bad habit. But to be a billionaire from Bitcoin investment, he needs more complex things, not only leave smoking. Now, he must learn about Bitcoin investment well and determine the target when he should trade/sell his Bitcoin to the market. Also, he must be aware of many FUDs related to Bitcoin anywhere, so he must be patient to keep holding. In addition, it is better if he wants to learn about the price prediction related to Bitcoin, at least he knows when the bullish time and when the bearish time in Bitcoin.  Wink

By the way, it is true if Bitcoin is one of the best investments nowadays. But I am not sure to talk that it is the best investment ever. It should depend on who invests in Bitcoin and how you manage your Bitcoin.
best123

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

https://blockmembers.io/

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 04:17:07 PM

I wish, i can quit something that are eating my money and invest it in Cryptocurrency. Though, i have some investment here but increasing it daily, weekly or monthly will really be great. I am really happy for you. Congrats bro!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: