Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should you take loan(s) to invest in crypto?  (Read 2050 times)
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:18:20 AM

If you are a regular Twitter user and happen to follow a bunch of influencers or investors, there are high chances that you will have gone through some of the tweets claiming someone has borrowed a loan from bank to just invest into crypto. If not yet, check it here. Well, this is one really  interesting topic so I though why not discuss here.

What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

This question is very important and people need to get their facts rights before getting involved with crypto in the first place, getting their facts right means knowing all they could about crypto before investing in whatever coin or token. The reason for this statement is, if someone adequately understand how risky and volatile the crypto space is, I don't think he will tow that line of taking a loan. In crypto, it is always advisable to use a fund which you can afford to lose, not a loan, you can't afford to lose a loan because you will pay it back with interest, now having it in mind, how then can someone take a loan bearing an interest and then investing in crypto, if it doesn't go as planned, they will still be the ones to go about tagging crypto with unworthy names, while it is them that failed to understand how the space works.
Also, with the growth of the market, it is very important as well for people to stop listening to any influencer or whatever who will advice them to go for a loan in order to invest in crypto, it is a bad idea.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:46:06 AM

If you are a regular Twitter user and happen to follow a bunch of influencers or investors, there are high chances that you will have gone through some of the tweets claiming someone has borrowed a loan from bank to just invest into crypto. If not yet, check it here. Well, this is one really  interesting topic so I though why not discuss here.

What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

Actually, I did, in 2018 but ended up a disaster because of the bearish market situation at that time. In the year 2018-2019 the Crypto industry is struggling to survive and experiencing the longest bearish market situation in the history of the Crypto industry that sent too much negativity, especially in the new investors. by the way, I think having a loan to invest in cryptocurrencies is not a bad thing as long as you know what you are doing, But for the best we must educate ourselves first about "do's and don't" in crypto before having a loan so that we are all aware of the real crypto situation.
satria157

Activity: 371
Merit: 65

~ ngidol is my passion ~

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2020, 09:12:36 AM

Take loan from bank? i think its so high risk, let's take an example, if you use free money to invest, it doesn't mean that your money will return in full, especially not at all. Most of them may be tempted by the profits they make until they don't know the risks. Beware of your money Wink
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 09:18:05 AM

Reasons why it's bad to take loans for crypto trading or investments

1. Your mind won't be at peace while taking risk because the fear of losing the money that isn't yours is alive.

2. It's very easy to lose money when trading because crypto is unpredictable

3. You might fail to meet the agreement of the loaner while you are trading, orders can get late to meet sometimes

preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 10:41:52 AM

I think @PeterMcCormack is too crazy and Ihope you don't follow what he has done. yes maybe he still has a lot of assets out there and when he can't return the money he borrowed, he still has a guarantee to survive in the future
In my country there was someone who borrowed money and then invested in bitcoin but after bitcoin fell he could not pay the loan to the bank and made him decide to commit suicide

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 10:49:39 AM

I'm guessing how people will manage to be in the right state of mind when you take loan to trade bitcoin or buy crypto, the fear alone is enough to make you loss money, you need your calmness state and patience to make the right decision in crypto space and you can only achieve that if you are in good state of mind.

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 10:53:47 AM

If you are a regular Twitter user and happen to follow a bunch of influencers or investors, there are high chances that you will have gone through some of the tweets claiming someone has borrowed a loan from bank to just invest into crypto. If not yet, check it here. Well, this is one really  interesting topic so I though why not discuss here.

It depends on the situation and the time, timing is very important, if you take a loan on the month of August with maturity in the month of February and you invest it right away in Cryptocurrency and you are still holding it until now, if you sell it now then you are in a huge profit, but this is not always a case, because there's always volatility in the market.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cilgindansci

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 11:17:05 AM

I used to think that was crazy. Bitcoin has been giving overconfidence lately.
If Bitcoin continues like this for a while, I can take a loan. It is definitely not investment advice  Grin

gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 11:45:09 AM

I won't advise anyone to take a loan to invest in the Cryptos as we know it's a highly volatile market So one must always prepare he/she can lose too if he invests in this market. If he/she understands the risk of loss he/she can take a loan otherwise it's not advisable to anyone. Even one of my friends took a loan 3 years back to invest in the PURA coin and today PURA is not listed to any exchange so he booked total loss and in huge debt now. So one must be very careful while taking any investment decision through a loan.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 11:45:41 AM

snip..
making loans only to invest in crypto when bitcoin is bullish like currently very risky.  imagine how big the risk is if you borrow money at the bank and buy Bitcoin at the current price, are you sure that you will profit? because the market correction (bearish) is definitely waiting ahead.  making a loan is a good thing when you do it when the market is in red condition like last March..

covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 02:42:12 PM

Taking margin loans is going to be a good strategy while you are trading for short time. That is also a type of loan and would increase your profit and loss by a multiple of times. Buying crypto with a loan money for holding it and selling at high could be a bad idea as we could never be sure when the price would boost again. Specially during such time when the price are at their all time high.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 02:43:02 PM

The operation of borrowing to buy cryptocurrency. I personally do not recommend this. Cryptocurrency is very unstable. If you use a loan to buy cryptocurrency, it will stress your life and cause yourself trouble. This operation is not recommended. For purchasing cryptocurrency, I want to use pocket money. Buy this way, it will reduce your stress. Not afraid of loss.

ije07

Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 02:50:04 PM

absolutely not. It doesn't apply to me personally, to others who don't really know. I love cryptoqurrency, but I'm not too crazy about it, I mean borrowing money from private companies or BANK just for crypto investment. I would rather spin the funds using the coins generated from the bounty and invest in as many BTC, ETH or coins as we want.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 03:08:05 PM

Don`t ever barrow or take a loan if your going to invest in crypto its a gamble and the risk is too high even seasoned traders will advice you not to take one, if you have some altcoin in your position even if its not a thousand  you can start from there don`t get dragged in a get rich quick type of investment.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 03:28:23 PM

When you are using loan to invest in crypto and you must also think about how you can pay your loan and interest. The return in crypto can't be predicted. you can lose your money even in a few seconds.
you should invest what you can afford to lose dude. it's too risky to invest with your loan.
Forget this and move on.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 03:41:44 PM

I don't fall into that category and have never done this before because I don't want to take high risks by borrowing money from the bank just to invest in cryptoqurrency. My advice is that you should never dare to take that risk if you cannot predict the consequences and risks as well.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 03:55:15 PM

Nope, nope, nope. This is the last thing you should do. I would never take a loan to invest in crypto.

The only time I like taking loans is where you know how to make more than the interest. But nobody knows what will happens tomorrow after the current bull run.

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1686

Pizza to the Moon

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

...What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

Investing in cryptocurrency with credit money will be a very high-risk operation. Such an investment has nothing to do with investing in a real business that has a business plan. And the bank, having studied the purpose of such lending, should refuse to grant you a loan.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
oHnK

Merit: 574

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 04:00:35 PM

Someone who debt to invest in a crypto is a very brave man.  However, there may be people like that. Investing in crypto is an investment with a very high risk, but if you really know very well about cryptocurrency, I think borrowing money from a bank to invest is fine. Those of you who have mastered the market in terms of theory, practice, and experience can borrow money from the bank. The process of borrowing money from a bank is also not easy, you have to provide collateral for the amount of money you borrow during the loan period. And you have to pay off the monthly installments.

If you feel confident in your investment plan, and have carried out a feasibility study on your investment, what is the profit scheme then borrowing money from the bank is the same as selling something of your goods to a bank as collateral and transferring it to crypto investing then if you are successful you can pay off the collateral that you have given to the bank. If you fail you may lose your collateral. However, I just remind you this is a high-risk high-return man. Good Luck.
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 04:12:52 PM

It is a big no no for me, because loans demand a payment (which could be weekly, monthly, quarterly, or anually) which you have to work on. Investment is a money that you are afford to loose. It will not be a win win situation because you are putting your money into a risk which you do not have any assurance if it will grow. I do not recommend loans as your investment in crypto. Do not rush to be rich. Work for it so that you could invest more not only in crupto, but in many different things.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: