Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]LGD Legendary Coin - Cryptsy,Bittrex,NEW Merchants, Many Games, Scrypt!  (Read 85606 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

Are we still having sync issues? I have a lot of "Mined" transactions from a few days ago that have 0 confirmations. I have updated to the new wallet and it was up to date, but still the older mined transactions are not getting any confirmations. All the new ones are fine.

EDIT: It may have something to do with the wallet. When I look at the sync message it has 12419 download of 12478 blocks.. but the last block was only 12419.. Does that help?

That's common with PoS. The fact that you minted them does not secure their entrance to the blockchain. Some other wallet with "heavier" coins won. It's a competition between wallets.
Your coins are not lost though, your client will keep trying till you get your stake included in the blockchain.

Another common issue with PoS is exactly that. When you have too many blocks that are minted one after another and they fail to enter the blockchain, your wallet might get "banned" by the other wallets, because it looks like your wallet is trying to inject lower diff blocks and that behavior is like trying to "hack" your way into getting more coins.
When that happens, you get sync issues. The best thing to do is just (always do that) copy your wallet.dat file somewhere (after you close your client) and then re-open it (if you can wait for a couple of hours, the better).
That way the blockchain would be ahead of your wallet, your wallet would understand that your blocks can't be included and stop broadcasting them to other wallets (thus avoiding getting banned again) and if you still have issues syncing, just "repairwallet" as described before.

I hope this helps to better understand how the PoS works and why things happen the way they do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allcrypt

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:23:46 PM

Hey legend folks - we stopped syncing sometime yesterday - and a user made a deposit that never arrived. I noticed we were a few hundred blocks behind, and I saw there was a new version.

I upgraded it, restarted it, and deleted the blockchain to be safe... but now we're stuck at block 11927 and won't go past there. 5 connectoins. Version 1.0.4.0

Any clue?

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:07:55 PM

Hey legend folks - we stopped syncing sometime yesterday - and a user made a deposit that never arrived. I noticed we were a few hundred blocks behind, and I saw there was a new version.

I upgraded it, restarted it, and deleted the blockchain to be safe... but now we're stuck at block 11927 and won't go past there. 5 connectoins. Version 1.0.4.0

Any clue?
According to my above post, most probably you are trying to announce PoS blocks that are invalid so other wallets slowly bans your client.

You can try the first (easy) approach:
1) Close your wallet daemon
2) Backup your wallet.dat
3) Re-open your wallet daemon
4) Issue the following command:
Code:
legendarycoind repairwallet
If it works right after that, then you're fine. Otherwise, you might need to re-download the full blockchain.

In case the above does not work for you (which I think it won't) then you will have to dump the private key from all your addresses :
For main wallet:
Code:
legendarycoind getaddressesbyaccount ""
For other accounts you may have:
Code:
legendarycoind getaddressesbyaccount [accountname]

and then one by one, dump the private key (make sure that you note everything down in pairs [address / private key], copy/paste it somewhere  and make sure that you secure it as much as you can Smiley ):
Code:
legendarycoind dumpprivkey [lgd address]

Then stop the wallet, remove all the files (make a backup of wallet.dat before that just in case) and restart the wallet to get a new address.
After it fully syncs, import your private keys one by one:
Code:
importprivkey [privatekey]
and make sure that everything is accepted and all addresses are inserted.

That should fix everything.
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:11:36 PM

Wow. Thats about 4 hours of work I dont have the time for anytime this week.

I already downloaded the entire blockchain all over again.

Our wallet is also encrypted - so the PoS blocks cant be minted? Thats my understanding?

Are you seriously telling me the only way to fix this is to backup every one of the thousand+ private keys and manually repair the wallet? If thats the case, we're taking the coin offline, and in a week or two when we have that kind of time I'll see if we can get it fixed.

Wow, thats... I'm beyond words.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:20:50 PM

Our wallet is also encrypted - so the PoS blocks cant be minted? Thats my understanding?

Are you seriously telling me the only way to fix this is to backup every one of the thousand+ private keys and manually repair the wallet? If thats the case, we're taking the coin offline, and in a week or two when we have that kind of time I'll see if we can get it fixed.

No need for that. Let's talk somewhere in real-time so we can fix this Smiley
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

I had no problems updating and didjnt need to do any fixes.

Mining this like the world was ending! LGD rocks

SailZStarZ

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:53:18 PM

I had no problems updating and didjnt need to do any fixes.

Mining this like the world was ending! LGD rocks
im mining this like crazy also
rastabit

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:10:01 PM

OK DEV! here is the problem....
I'm waiting for the fucking MAC wallet from the first day....
so ALL MY LDG are in ALLCRYPT exchange...not for selling,
ONLY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE WALLET!
now ALLCRYPT LDG exchange is CLOSED for.....Huh 1-2 weeks!!!
.....any solutions? I can't mine LDG without wallet where my coins are safe.
thanks.

DIGIT  DIG: dThKSCBgQJ36gdkMYqoMCBiGyC8hWgcJjL  DIG In!

Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:dThKSCBgQJ36gdkMYqoMCBiGyC8hWgcJjL
DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

thanks.

If you want I will make a wallet you can send them to. I will send them back when you get a wallet. PM me. I am 100% honest. I will do it for a tip of whatever you think is fair.
rastabit

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:26:18 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 11:08:02 PM by rastabit

so ALL MY LGD are in ALLCRYPT exchange...not for selling,
now ALLCRYPT LGD exchange is CLOSED for.....Huh 1-2 weeks!!!
thanks.

If you want I will make a wallet you can send them to. I will send them back when you get a wallet. PM me. I am 100% honest. I will do it for a tip of whatever you think is fair.

thanks alot but all my LGD are stuck in Allcrypt!
I can't do anything!   for 1-2 weeks...they said!

DrReaper

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:34:24 PM

thanks.

thanks alot but all my LDG are stuck in Allcrypt!

That sounds like a fishy exchange. Did they say why they are stuck? I suspect wallet issues as we are all having them with the upgrades.
rastabit

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:42:49 PM

thanks.

thanks alot but all my LDG are stuck in Allcrypt!

That sounds like a fishy exchange. Did they say why they are stuck? I suspect wallet issues as we are all having them with the upgrades.

read the allcrypt post in the middle of this page.......

legendarycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:48:01 PM

we will fix this with allcrypt its not as bad as it looks, surely doesnt need 2 weeks Wink
theres small misunderstnanding here but other dev has to come as hes more tech than me

DONATE LGD: LdRiNu7y9GM9XPD4EEWXzo5PZrLm3q2d9q
rastabit

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:54:40 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 11:07:09 PM by rastabit

we will fix this with allcrypt its not as bad as it looks, surely doesnt need 2 weeks Wink
theres small misunderstnanding here but other dev has to come as hes more tech than me

I hope that you will give the Mac wallet with some LGD inside.... Grin
just for the coins that the mac users are loosing...  Angry
when I have my wallet I'll start mining again....
waiting.

legendarycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:01:46 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:27:33 AM by legendarycoin

Delete your chain, then run  

legendaryd -connect=5.175.194.173 (I have deleted the peers on that one so you should not be banned)

and it should suck in the new chain.. done

restart without connect string so you are not locked to only that seed node

allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:09:36 AM

Yeah I said exactly why the hell they are stuck like 5 posts up. The goddamned wallet wont sync correctly. And yes I'm testy and in a bad mood because for the last 3 days like 5 different coins have had wallet issues, and WE get yelled at and WE look fishy and WE are called theives because wallets we have no control over go batshit. And users submit tickets with titles like "Where the F are my coins?!" and "Give me my coins back you goddamned theives!!" and that crap gets REALLY old when it's due to someone else's wallet.

I have a user who made a deposit - a non-jackass user who actually provided info and didnt accuse us of theft.

Transaction ID: fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10

The exchange's wallet is on block 13167. Since there's no block explorer I have no idea what it should be. My personal wallet on another machine is also on 13167.

But looking for txid fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10 gives:
error: {"code":-5,"message":"No information available about transaction"}

Both the exchange and my personal wallet are on 1.0.4.0

So I have no answers. And when asking for answers I was basivally told to manually export thousands of private keys and rebuild the wallet by hand. That is HOURS of work that we don't have.

So, we took the coin offline. At least if it's offline we're not being threatened because we're "stealing" coins.

As to the guy above for whom we are holding coins - as soon as LEGENDARYCOIN fixes the issue, we'll fix the issue. It's not us holding them hostage. If a user sends coins in and they don't arrive - you REALLY don't want us sending coins to you. God knows where they'd end up.

jepistons

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:40:59 AM

Yeah I said exactly why the hell they are stuck like 5 posts up. The goddamned wallet wont sync correctly. And yes I'm testy and in a bad mood because for the last 3 days like 5 different coins have had wallet issues, and WE get yelled at and WE look fishy and WE are called theives because wallets we have no control over go batshit. And users submit tickets with titles like "Where the F are my coins?!" and "Give me my coins back you goddamned theives!!" and that crap gets REALLY old when it's due to someone else's wallet.

I have a user who made a deposit - a non-jackass user who actually provided info and didnt accuse us of theft.

Transaction ID: fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10

The exchange's wallet is on block 13167. Since there's no block explorer I have no idea what it should be. My personal wallet on another machine is also on 13167.

But looking for txid fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10 gives:

So I have no answers. And when asking for answers I was basivally told to manually export thousands of private keys and rebuild the wallet by hand. That is HOURS of work that we don't have.

So, we took the coin offline. At least if it's offline we're not being threatened because we're "stealing" coins.

As to the guy above for whom we are holding coins - as soon as LEGENDARYCOIN fixes the issue, we'll fix the issue. It's not us holding them hostage. If a user sends coins in and they don't arrive - you REALLY don't want us sending coins to you. God knows where they'd end up.

people are so quick to react give it time people and good question where is the mac wallet at  Huh
DrReaper

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:43:59 AM

Just remember you signed up for this nightmare as soon as you opened. I also think the first exchange that doesn't charge to withdraw coins after trading is going to the moon.
BTW I didn't read the older posts until just now so don't take it personal. Remember when your going to blow a gasket. This too shall pass.
legendarycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:14:20 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 06:49:26 AM by legendarycoin

1. the "manual" rebuild with a quick bash hackout would take you 5 mins,... ok i take that back about 2 mins, and with the info below about 10 seconds
Code:
# dumps the addresses into a script called dumpkeys.sh
./legendarycoind listreceivedbyaddress 0 true | grep -E -o "[A-Z0-9a-z]{34}" | sed "s/^/.\/legendarycoind dumpprivkey /" >dumpkeys.sh
# Runs the dumpkeys script and creates the importkeys.sh script
bash dumpkeys.sh | sed "s/^/.\/legendarycoind importprivkey /">importkeys.sh
#stop legendarycoind and wait 2 seconds for it to stop
./legendarycoind stop; sleep 2
# Move the current .LegendaryCoin dir to .LegendaryCoin.backup
mv ~/.LegendaryCoin ~/.LegendaryCoin.backup
# Setup the new dir
mkdir ~/.LegendaryCoin; cp ~/.LegendaryCoin.backup/LegendaryCoin.conf ~/.LegendaryCoin
# ReRun legendarycoind and wait 5 seconds for it to fire up
./legendarycoind &; sleep 5
#import the old addresses
bash importkeys.sh
2. it sounds like you dont need to because your upto date
Code:
./legendarycoind gettransaction fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10
is correct, the user has the issue not you.
4. Our codebase is fine and there is no real issue except for believing everyone who comes to you with a TXID
5. Welcome to the fun world of running an exchange

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:34:41 AM

It'd really be nice if the devs would email the exchanges they knew were trading them.  We're dealing with the same problems here at bittrex.  Is there an active irc channel that people are in that could help?

Also, is there a block explorer somewhere that we should be checking against?

Thanks,
Richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: