Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:26:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]LGD Legendary Coin - Cryptsy,Bittrex,NEW Merchants, Many Games, Scrypt!  (Read 85606 times)
Zosimos

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

I am also having an issue with seeing a transaction id: c3121690a0e9f4f77a7a91456c96f9a777179b8ae0ea749f325f455b1f27c08a
This was a withdrawal from the exchange coinaccel.com. When I do:

./legendarycoind gettransaction c3121690a0e9f4f77a7a91456c96f9a777179b8ae0ea749f325f455b1f27c08a
error: {"code":-5,"message":"No information available about transaction"}

The transaction was initiated 2.5 hrs ago.

Any other way to track this?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

It'd really be nice if the devs would email the exchanges they knew were trading them.  We're dealing with the same problems here at bittrex.  Is there an active irc channel that people are in that could help?

Also, is there a block explorer somewhere that we should be checking against?

Thanks,
Richie

from my memory you guys put the exchange up after the update so you should be fine

mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:23:25 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:43:32 PM by mindfox

I might sound arrogant, but I'm afraid that the lack of understanding how a coin works (especially the PoS coins) among users, is what causing the most problems.

First of all, users that rush into calling someone "a thief" puts them on the same level as exchange admins/owners who calls project "shitty". The solution I described above was for the average user's wallet and not the wallet that belongs to an exchange. I believe that attacking someone who is trying to help you, just because you're in a "bad mood" is not good for anybody.

Anyway, on with the rest of this post. First of all, I apologize from those who already know what I'm about to write. This is for those who do not (and really need to understand)...

When we move coins from our wallets to someone else, our wallet creates a "transaction". That transaction has the info needed for all wallets, so they can verify that we have that amount of coins and we are in position of sending them somewhere else, according to the coin's rules (for example, there has been enough confirmations for that transaction).
As soon as it creates this transaction, it announces it to all the nodes it is connected with. Those nodes will check the transaction against the same rules and if valid, they will put it in memory and announce it to the other nodes that are connected with. The same step goes over and over till this transaction is propagated to the entire network, or till a miner's wallet who already accepted this transaction, discovered a new block, included this transaction in it and his transaction of the block discovery has been accepted and propagated to the network.
In other words, transactions are the vehicle of coin transfers and blocks are vehicles (verifications) of the transactions.

Now, you might think that since the transaction made it into a block, everything is fine, the transaction has been made and the coins were transferred.
Well, that's not the case. You see, when a new block is discovered (for example height 15000) from node a, other nodes must also verify that this block is good and accept it. Even if they do, there is a big chance that another block has been discovered(same height 15000) from node b, but according to the coin's rules this block has a better score (or better receives the "bestchain" reward Smiley ) and gets preference over the one that node a discovered.
This could happen after many blocks being discovered based on node a's blockhash.

What does this mean? It means that we, that created the transaction of moving coins and saw that our transaction has been verified (got X confirmations to make it valid), suddenly we find our transaction being invalidated. That means that our wallet should mark the chain from node a's block as invalid and use the preferred chain as the current.
Now, this is what happens when we are dealing with a pure PoW (proof of work) blocks coin.
With PoS blocks (proof of stake), everybody's wallet is a miner. If we have many coins that are ready to enter the "stake" status, then our wallet mines for PoS blocks (and finds them) and those blocks could be many (I mean too many, like 20 or 30 in a row).
If this happens when we moved our coins, that means that with our PoS blocks (according to the wallet) we confirmed the our own transaction and since we had more than X blocks since then, we verified it as valid.

But if our PoS blocks are not accepted by the rest of the nodes, that means that our chain becomes invalid. If our wallet is stubborn enough (many PoS blocks mined) will keep broadcasting them till they get accepted. But because they are no longer valid, the other nodes bans our wallet and disconnects us. Why is that? Because our wallet might be honest and just trying to broadcast something that it think it's correct, somebody could have compiled a "modified" wallet code, that tries to spoof real blocks and "inject" them to the blockchain in order to get more coins themselves.

I hope that this helps users and exchange owners understand why things are the way they are and why we need to understand them, because either we like it or not, when we decided to download a wallet and manage coins in it, we also decided that we're part of this and we need to obey the rules that makes it function.

I realize that this is too much to read and I maybe not explained them very clear and simple, but that's the best I can do currently and I welcome anyone with questions to make them.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:42:47 PM

Also the "not syncing" problem, is not actually a problem (from what I found out from the debug.log file) but a misleading info to the wallet (in graphical mode at least).

If other nodes have more blocks than ours (it takes the top height from any of the connected nodes and because we rejected a lot of PoS blocks we have less - read my previous post for details) then our wallet sees that it has less blocks than the nodes it is connected to and it gives the "syncing" icon.
The truth is that the wallet is synced and it just waits till it goes up the block height the other nodes are reporting.

allcrypt

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:41:10 PM

Just remember you signed up for this nightmare as soon as you opened. I also think the first exchange that doesn't charge to withdraw coins after trading is going to the moon.
BTW I didn't read the older posts until just now so don't take it personal. Remember when your going to blow a gasket. This too shall pass.

I really need to know - why do everyone's panties get in a bunch over withdrawal fees? BTC withdrawal fees are the highest fees in the Crypto Universe, and right now they amount to about 30 cents.

LGD's withdrawal fees are like .02. If we charge that exactly, that equates to roughly 9% of one US penny.

Our exchange will go to the moon if we save users less than 1/10th of one single US penny on a withdrawal?

I just don't understand that logic. I'm not criticizing, but transfer fees of altcoins are absurdly low. But over and over I hear how sites, mine included, "rips people off" on withdrawal fees.

I've never seen anyone get in a fight over a penny before. Over less than a 10th of a penny.

Anyway - it's a slow day here. And I just had an idea. And we're going to update the withdrawal fee system and make it dynamic - something I apparently never thought to do before. We already log all fees paid anyway.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

Code:
./legendarycoind gettransaction fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10
is correct, the user has the issue not you.
4. Our codebase is fine and there is no real issue except for believing everyone who comes to you with a TXID
5. Welcome to the fun world of running an exchange

So then what is the issue? This user in particular is someone I know in person. We attend bitcoin meetups together - he's not someone trying to screw with us.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

Code:
./legendarycoind gettransaction fda55db42763d78e60acc40b1c690c872d67bb241b2934847ac6439899aedf10
is correct, the user has the issue not you.
4. Our codebase is fine and there is no real issue except for believing everyone who comes to you with a TXID
5. Welcome to the fun world of running an exchange

So then what is the issue? This user in particular is someone I know in person. We attend bitcoin meetups together - he's not someone trying to screw with us.

Why don't you invest some time and read my posts on how coins work? It is all there, just need 5 minutes to read about it Smiley
DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

Just remember you signed up for this nightmare as soon as you opened. I also think the first exchange that doesn't charge to withdraw coins after trading is going to the moon.
BTW I didn't read the older posts until just now so don't take it personal. Remember when your going to blow a gasket. This too shall pass.

I really need to know - why do everyone's panties get in a bunch over withdrawal fees? BTC withdrawal fees are the highest fees in the Crypto Universe, and right now they amount to about 30 cents.

LGD's withdrawal fees are like .02. If we charge that exactly, that equates to roughly 9% of one US penny.

Our exchange will go to the moon if we save users less than 1/10th of one single US penny on a withdrawal?

I just don't understand that logic. I'm not criticizing, but transfer fees of altcoins are absurdly low. But over and over I hear how sites, mine included, "rips people off" on withdrawal fees.

I've never seen anyone get in a fight over a penny before. Over less than a 10th of a penny.

Anyway - it's a slow day here. And I just had an idea. And we're going to update the withdrawal fee system and make it dynamic - something I apparently never thought to do before. We already log all fees paid anyway.

It would be more honest to charge a fee to deposit coins into an exchange than withdraw them. Nobody wants hidden charges but exchange operators.
DrReaper

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:55:17 PM

I did finally get the last wallet to sync. I got the new wallet 1.0.4.0 and let it run all night it's still hung up at 11950 is this going to clear up?
mindfox

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

It would be more honest to charge a fee to deposit coins into an exchange than withdraw them. Nobody wants hidden charges but exchange operators.

To clarify the situation, "withdraw fees" are to cover the fees any wallet (an exchange or a pool is not excluded by them) gets charged by the coin, for each transaction.
In fact, because of the fact that coin withdrawal could be created by too many little transactions (thus growing very big) the coin's fees are going way up.
We can't really expect the exchange to be "charged" for those fees on behalf of us, can we?
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:08:42 PM

be sure to check out the private calculator: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/lgd

Coin    Difficulty    Coin reward/day    Exchange rate BTC    Exchange rate USD    Revenue/day    Days to create 1 BTC
LegendaryCoin 2.3455  64.4060675  Bittrex ฿0.00004889    0.02390721    ฿0.03226    $1.54    317.58

legendarycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:32:42 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:02:10 PM by legendarycoin

i messaged allcrypt and bittrex to help em fix the issue.

i just made new wallets on:
win7 64bit
windows xp
windows 8

and sent 1 coin to each. they are all synced without problems, i dont know what might be issues the few people have.
all pools are also running fine and none messaged me with problems.

most users dont have syncing issues either - but seems few do but i cannot replicate it.
please read the previous fixes posted here.

and..
DO NOT MESSUP INFOS FOR USERS vs FIXES FOR EXCHANGES.

its 2 diff things to some point

PS. follow us on twitter for latest news:
https://twitter.com/legendarycoin

DONATE LGD: LdRiNu7y9GM9XPD4EEWXzo5PZrLm3q2d9q
DrReaper

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:32:57 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:01:30 PM by DrReaper

I did finally get the last wallet to sync. I got the new wallet 1.0.4.0 and let it run all night it's still hung up at 11950 is this going to clear up?

After a while I loose all connections to the network. If I turn off the wallet and restart it connects again. Still not syncing up. The circle is turning.

Checkwallet True - still nothing
Repairwallet True - still nothing

Update:
1. I made a backup of the wallet folder and roaming directory then removed them. 
2. Downloaded the new wallet 1.0.4.0
3. Synced the wallet. Syncing started and worked.
4. Shutdown the wallet
5. Replaced the new wallet.dat with my old wallet dat file
6. fixed and working
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Because there's no blockchain fee for a deposit.

We dont charge "hidden" withdrawal fees to screw users (or hidden fees at all). We charge them because the blockchain charges them and the fees need to come from somewhere. Our DOGE wallet was insolvent by about 320 DOGE because we were UNDERcharging withdrawal fees. I had to move 320 of my personal DOGE into the system to bring it back into balance.

Its not a screw the user fee.

allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:07:08 PM

Is there a block explorer? What block SHOULD we be on? If we're working fine now I'm happy to reopen the coin - but we have NO way of knowing.

cryptodave

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

CryptocoinsInfo.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:46:05 PM

block 13613

realtime altcoin list for miner & trader - sortable by daily income, nethashrate, trading volume, time for solo mining, ...
DrReaper

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:04:07 PM

Because there's no blockchain fee for a deposit.

We dont charge "hidden" withdrawal fees to screw users (or hidden fees at all). We charge them because the blockchain charges them and the fees need to come from somewhere. Our DOGE wallet was insolvent by about 320 DOGE because we were UNDERcharging withdrawal fees. I had to move 320 of my personal DOGE into the system to bring it back into balance.

Its not a screw the user fee.

I have never used allcrypt so I am unsure of how it works. cryptsy is outright robbery on bitcoin.
legendarycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:22:16 PM

right now [when posting] 13578 blocks

DONATE LGD: LdRiNu7y9GM9XPD4EEWXzo5PZrLm3q2d9q
CoinAccel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:34:18 PM

right now [when posting] 13578 blocks
Hash of block 13578?
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

block 13613

You posted that at 1:46pm my time. Over an hour and 15 minutes later, I am on 13600.

Hash of 13600: d5ee738918f070560db01c585a83c5f1864ed53ee1f9fdef9f1d696f5d06449b

Something's still not right.

And for reference, MY hash of 13578 is 5d4e82596870d62a5b887a095c4c26b4c5d099f3947dd769acca5f6fb11bcd96

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: