Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Practical Comparison of Open Source Bots: Blackbird, Gekko, TAPIbot ⚙️ +Settings  (Read 81 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:33:35 PM

Hello Dears, Hi Members!

I am releasing this thread in Trading Discussion Board because recently many of you asked me to write about Open Source cryptocurrency trading bots that you can download free of charge. On Bitcointalk I used to run a comparison thread for commercial cryptocurrency trading bots and sometimes I felt very uneasy hearing from people how difficult it was for them to, at least, earn the price of the products after purchase. In many cases I helped users sell their licenses because the bot, often together with the VPS, was too expensive compared to the Return On Investment (ROI) produced or users did not have the time to configure the bots daily with respect to the market environment. So, in this thread, I would like to recommend Open Source trading bots and help you efficiently choose the best one (for you) from them in an educated way using my ROI in 2020 so that you do not have to risk your money with all of them to learn the answer.

Table of Content

1. Trading Bots (that you can download for free)
- I.: Blackbird
- II.: Gekko
- III.: TAPIbot

2. Return On Investment (ROI)

3. Mute Settings Bruteforcer Tool (MSBT)

1. Trading Bots (that you can download for free)

I.

Blackbird

"Blackbird Bitcoin Arbitrage is a C++ trading system that does automatic long/short arbitrage between Bitcoin exchanges. Bitcoin is still a new and inefficient market. Several Bitcoin exchanges exist around the world and the bid/ask prices they propose can be briefly different from an exchange to another. The purpose of Blackbird is to automatically profit from these temporary price differences while being market-neutral."

II.

Gekko

"It gets order books from supported exchanges and calculate arbitrage opportunities between each markets. It takes market depth into account."

III.

TAPIbot

"It is written in Python 2.7, and uses Pylab (or matplotlib+numpy, confirmed) for graphing output. I have not tested without these packages. I use the EPD free distribution of Python 2.7.3, which is available here, though all that should be required is Pylab, and only if you wish to view a simple plot of the lines the bot "sees". The trade algorithm is very simple, but fairly configurable. It uses a moving average crossover with several options. See settings.ini. I expect there are more than a few issues. Logging is incomplete, and error handling is nearly non-existent. Run in IDLE for better stack traces. Only trades against BTC-e (for now). One other note, the program uses individual trades as periods for the purpose of moving averages. This is non-typical, and may not align with traditional wisdom for crossover signals."

2. Return On Investment (ROI)

As my ROI shows, see above, all free bots performed excellent in 2020. All total net account ROI is above 40% in Bitcoin (BTC). That is 519% in USA Dollar (USD). With other words, whatever you invested in 2020, you could 5x it by now. Almost... Blackbird and Gekko charts show, in the Summer there was a period three months when the volatility was so low that arbitrage actually lost more money on fees than made with trading. So, it is not true that arbitrage is a riskless strategy. It can lose money on low volatility (or when too many markets are dumping, see Gekko chart, Spring). Nevertheless, none of the bots lost more than 10%. The chart of TAPIbot illustrates that the winner strategy of 2020 was the flash crash. All you had to do is to tell the bot to buy altcoins when BTC dumped more than 3% and sell BTC went side ways. With this strategy, you achieved 75% ROI in BTC and 650% in USD. Do not be deceived, though! Should the market not be continually bullish after the Spring crash, the ROI might have been much different... The presented results might not be valid for every configurations and the experiments do not guarantee any reproducibility in 2021.

3. Mute Settings Bruteforcer Tool (MSBT)

First of all, this project requires zero deposit, zero upfront payment, zero download, zero affiliate marketing, zero configuration, but I assume that you are aware of the terms: cryptocurrency, trading bot, exchange, API. If you are not, this project might not be suitable for you. A practical result of my academic research is the Mute Settings Bruteforcer Tool and thanks to a free forum environment I can offer it to the world free of charge. MSBT automatically configures a bot on an exchange using API to trade in your exchange account. If you want to use this tool, simply let me know here. Then, we set up your MSBT account (bot, exchange, Application Programming Interface - API) in my cloud in the appropriate private sections. Private sections, including Return On Investment (ROI) reports, are visible after account creation, which is free.

Open Source bots you can arbitrarily choose one from:

Code:
Blackbird
github.com/butor/blackbird

Gekko
github.com/maxme/bitcoin-arbitrage

TAPIbot
github.com/nomorecoin/tAPIbot

CryptoArbitrageTrader
github.com/PeanutPower/CryptoArbitrageTrader

Bitcoin dealer
github.com/rokj/bitcoin_dealer

Bitcoin arbitrage
github.com/maxme/bitcoin-arbitrage

Exchanges you can arbitrarily choose one from:

Code:
BQTX - www.bqtx.com/

Einax - einax.com/

IDCM - www.idcm.io/

Just let me know please here if you wish to try MSBT because I do not intend to advertise my website (even if it is free)! I will contact you if you are interested.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: