Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MoreEpochs mod v2.7 [Claymore ETH miner 15] Win/AMD+Nvidia. 0.6% fee, 600 epochs  (Read 5813 times)
Renkyz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 10:44:45 PM

I only just learnt about this mod to Claymore after it was deleted from mega nz. Is there no other place I can download it from officially? I loved Claymore and used it since around May 2017. Ever since it stopped working because of DAG I switch to PhoenixMiner which is nice but if I could go back to Claymore I would love that. Would be nice to support the mod developer with the devfee pointing to him now as well Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:21:15 AM

I only just learnt about this mod to Claymore after it was deleted from mega nz. Is there no other place I can download it from officially? I loved Claymore and used it since around May 2017. Ever since it stopped working because of DAG I switch to PhoenixMiner which is nice but if I could go back to Claymore I would love that. Would be nice to support the mod developer with the devfee pointing to him now as well Smiley

Looks like mega.nz suspended many accounts with miners, even with PhoenixMiner. I don't know what's going on, for now I've reuploaded mod to the github. You can download it from here: https://github.com/just-a-miner/moreepochs/releases

Or direct link to file: https://github.com/just-a-miner/moreepochs/releases/download/v1.9/MoreEpochs_Mod_for_Claymore_ETH_Miner_v15Win_by_JustAMiner_v1.9.zip

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Renkyz

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 10:38:01 AM

Yeah it really sucks what has been going on with all of that. If you're interested in learning about what happened, it's all on the PhoenixMiner thread from page 406 onwards. Phoenix put out an official response that you can read in one of the later pages. I've been keeping up with it since the whole drama started haha. The TLDR is NiceHash are back to their shady garbage and PhoenixMiner has not been hacked at all. Just a pure FUD campaign on behalf of NiceHash in an attempt to get people to switch to them in my opinion.
Anyway, thanks for uploading to github! Cheesy I'll be trying out your mod and posting any issues I encounter but hopefully it'll be pure smooth sailing Smiley
Absolute legend.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 06:20:49 AM

Yeah it really sucks what has been going on with all of that. If you're interested in learning about what happened, it's all on the PhoenixMiner thread from page 406 onwards. Phoenix put out an official response that you can read in one of the later pages. I've been keeping up with it since the whole drama started haha. The TLDR is NiceHash are back to their shady garbage and PhoenixMiner has not been hacked at all. Just a pure FUD campaign on behalf of NiceHash in an attempt to get people to switch to them in my opinion.
Anyway, thanks for uploading to github! Cheesy I'll be trying out your mod and posting any issues I encounter but hopefully it'll be pure smooth sailing Smiley
Absolute legend.

Thank you, after I read about the situation, now it's all clear.

I hope everything will be fine  Smiley Please also post some feedback, e.g. hashrate even if everything is okay, so we all can have more info about how the miner performs with different GPUs.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Renkyz

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 07:29:47 AM

Just reporting back with hashrates.
GPU's are 2 x EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090's.

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.
If I force P0 power state they'll do 125+ MH/s but crash after an hour or so.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 09:08:31 AM

Both are capable of roughly 122.5 MH/s using roughly 350-360 watts. I can probably get that lower but haven't been able to do much tinkering yet. It's been a really hot week where I live in Australia and my memory has been getting thermal throttled on the 1st card after it hits 110c. Once we get some cooler weather I should be able to mine at a steady 122+ MH/s but for now even at night, the primary card gets thermal throttled and I can't be bothered replacing the pads, I'll save that for if I decide to watercool them haha.

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

The miner is performing as it used to before it died. I'm very pleased with the results. Phoenix Miner is just as good to be fair but I love that I'm able to go back to Claymore with all my config and .bat files I kept saved in case one day he miraculously came back haha.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Renkyz

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 03:15:38 PM

Linux support would be amazing. I've got a rig or 2 I'd like to try that on before Eth mining dies. It's already lookinggrim as it is with EIP 1559 and miners threatening a 51% attack haha.
Anyway, yeah you've for sure achieved your goal with Nvidia cards. I'm just simply stunned that the miner is still outperforming PhoenixMiner 5.5c. Granted the difference in speed is miniscule, 122.55 compared to 122.28 but that's amazing to me haha.
As for you fixing the NVML issue that was certainly a QOL update for me. I was tired of having to go find the NVML driver wherever Nvidia put it and then moving that dll to where the miner was expecting it to be. The fact it just knows now made setup very simple.

I could never get -strap working when I tried back when it was first implemented with my cards but I use all Nvidia cards and all Win 10 machines, no AMD.
2 x 1070's
1 x 1080 (With ETH Pill)
1 x 1080 Ti (with ETH Pill)
I've since added 2 3090's to my collection but haven't tried strap with them as I understood for Nvidia it was only 10xx cards supported.
I guess the only cards I could even try -strap with would be the 1070's. I bet it's useless with the 1080 and 1080 Ti given I use Ethlargement Pill for them.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 03:32:33 PM

Thank you for feedback, good results. Hope you will get cooler weather soon enough.

That's my goal to make miner perfom as it used to before epoch 385. For Nvidia GPUs goal is complete, I'd even say miner perfoms better because I've fixed issues with NVML and newer Nvidia drivers, so temp/fan stats works as intended on Win10 and with newer Nvidia drivers. For AMD GPUs I still have to fix crash with -strap command on newer AMD video drivers. After that I'll add support of Linux version of the miner and we can say that miracle happened  Cheesy

Yes please give us this future with strap option, waiting for it,
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:01:15 AM

Linux support would be amazing. I've got a rig or 2 I'd like to try that on before Eth mining dies. It's already lookinggrim as it is with EIP 1559 and miners threatening a 51% attack haha.
Anyway, yeah you've for sure achieved your goal with Nvidia cards. I'm just simply stunned that the miner is still outperforming PhoenixMiner 5.5c. Granted the difference in speed is miniscule, 122.55 compared to 122.28 but that's amazing to me haha.
As for you fixing the NVML issue that was certainly a QOL update for me. I was tired of having to go find the NVML driver wherever Nvidia put it and then moving that dll to where the miner was expecting it to be. The fact it just knows now made setup very simple.

Yeah, let's hope Eth devs won't be able to kill mining of their own coin this year even if they really want to do so Smiley

I could never get -strap working when I tried back when it was first implemented with my cards but I use all Nvidia cards and all Win 10 machines, no AMD.
2 x 1070's
1 x 1080 (With ETH Pill)
1 x 1080 Ti (with ETH Pill)
I've since added 2 3090's to my collection but haven't tried strap with them as I understood for Nvidia it was only 10xx cards supported.
I guess the only cards I could even try -strap with would be the 1070's. I bet it's useless with the 1080 and 1080 Ti given I use Ethlargement Pill for them.

Yes, -strap for Nvidia only works with 10xx gpus. I've checked -strap 1 for 1070 with new driver 460.89, no crashes/bsods during strap applying. You can use -strap per gpu so you can try -strap 1,1,0,0 to enable strap 1 for 2x1070 (if it's gpu0 and gpu1) and disable for 1080/1080Ti if those gpus use ETH Pill.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:12:19 AM

I have good news for you, it's 90% done  Wink

batsonxl

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 02:46:52 PM

I have good news for you, it's 90% done  Wink
Perfect waiting for it
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2021, 10:33:52 AM

New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v2.0 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Command line option "-strap" now works for AMD Polaris GPUs with video drivers 20.5.1+ (most tests were done on 20.5.1 and 20.12.1).
   Read "AMD GPUs support" section for details.

If you have Nvidia GPUs only, you can stay on v1.9

batsonxl

View Profile
April 01, 2021, 03:10:07 PM

Changelog:

~ Command line option "-strap" now works for AMD Polaris GPUs with video drivers 20.5.1+ (most tests were done on 20.5.1 and 20.12.1).

Thank you perfect job.
I tried one of my rx 570 8g hinyx memory. i did everything you said in readme and driver installed successfully then i did bat file and straps and rxboost apply successfull green. but it is giving only 22mhs, with straps and rxboost it should give around 30 mhs with this settings: -cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1
How much your cards pulling? or i did something wrong?
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 04:33:14 AM

Changelog:

Thank you perfect job.
I tried one of my rx 570 8g hinyx memory. i did everything you said in readme and driver installed successfully then i did bat file and straps and rxboost apply successfull green. but it is giving only 22mhs, with straps and rxboost it should give around 30 mhs with this settings: -cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1

I tested with rx 580 8gb micron memory. I didn't do any tuning, just increased mem clock from 2000 to 2200 for testing purposes via Msi Afterburner before miner's start, everything else was set by default. With -rxboost 1 and -strap 1 it gives about 33.3-33.5 mhs. How much mhs your gpu gives without -strap and without -rxboost? Also check if mclock, cclock.., actually applied. You can use Msi Afterburner to check those mem/gpu clock values when miner works.

batsonxl

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 06:07:23 AM

Changelog:

Thank you perfect job.

I tested with rx 580 8gb micron memory. I didn't do any tuning, just increased mem clock from 2000 to 2200 for testing purposes via Msi Afterburner before miner's start, everything else was set by default. With -rxboost 1 and -strap 1 it gives about 33.3-33.5 mhs. How much mhs your gpu gives without -strap and without -rxboost? Also check if mclock, cclock.., actually applied. You can use Msi Afterburner to check those mem/gpu clock values when miner works.
hmm ok i will check i dont use afterburner, i always give clocks from bat file. i can do that from watman. Thanks good job very happy to see that straps appled Smiley
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 02:05:43 PM

More Epochs mod v2.1 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Changed behavior of "-driver uninstall" option. By default, miner also tries to disable testsigning mode during strap driver uninstall. This
  often leads to error on systems with SecureBoot enabled and prevents miner from uninstalling strap driver. Now when miner started with
  "-driver uninstall" option, it only uninstalls strap driver without trying to disable testsigning mode.

~ Command line option "-mode" now has default value of 1, which means that if this option is not specified, dual-mining mode is disabled by default
  and miner works in ETH-only mining mode. This is usefull for AMD GPUs (Polaris), because allow miner to get best mining speed by either automatic or
  manual fine-tuning of -dcri values.

~ Added messages that straps/rxboost will be applied after DAG generation if strap/rxboost options used. Remade several messages that miner
  displays in case of error during installing/uninstalling strap driver to give user more clear instructions.

~ Several small fixes.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 04:20:47 PM

Changelog:

Thank you perfect job.

I've tried your settings "-cclock 1150 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 920 -strap 2 -rxboost 1 -dcri 3 -benchmark 405" :https://vimeo.com/532619790

Video quality is low, had to set low bitrate and low fps in recording software as it affects miner's speed. With recording it peaked at 29.797 mh/s. Then I've stopped recording and made screenshot to show speed without influence of recording software (gpu-z is still there, which also slightly reduce speed):

I've used v2.1 which has -mode 1 enabled by default, that allows to use -dcri option (manually or auto tuned by miner). I've set manually -dcri 3, as it showed best results with your setting. As you see on screenshot, speed peaked at 29.960 mh/s so about 30 mh/s. Of course, 580 is little faster than 570 as it has 36 compute units vs 32.

Then I've reseted GPU to default settings with Msi Afterburner and run miner with my test settings "-mclock 2200 -straps 1 -rxboost 1 -benchmark 405" : https://vimeo.com/532627342

Then recording was stopped and here is screenshot without influence of recording software:

Without recording software speed peaked at 33.331 mh/s. In this run I let miner auto-choose -dcri value and it set it to 8. With manual tuning with "-" and "+" keys, it's probably possible to get slightly more.

batsonxl

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 06:42:44 AM

You are king man !!! You did it thanks
danyalbmw

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 08:40:58 PM

plz add a feature so after exiting the miner, miner restart applied voltage and core/mem clocks settings to default
thanks for awesome release
Renkyz

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 11:18:41 PM

Just updated to v2.1 and still running like a dream Smiley wish I could help test some of the other features but I run the miner in a fairly vanilla state just due to the cards I use hahaha.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: