Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MoreEpochs mod v2.7 [Claymore ETH miner 15] Win/AMD+Nvidia. 0.6% fee, 600 epochs  (Read 5813 times)
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 09:22:11 AM

will you add support for newer drivers?

do you mean AMD video drivers?
yes

not planned that because for AMD miner supports only rx4xx/5xx, Vega, Navi GPUs, and driver 20.12.1 is more than enough for those cards.
Newer drivers usually created for 6xxx series of cards and there are no added features or fixed bugs for older cards, so there is no point for you to install it and there is no point for me to do useless work of adding support for new amd drivers that are constantly changing internally just to provide everyone around with a job  Wink

may be I'm not right, do you have specific reason to use drivers above 20.12.1? What driver version you are trying to use and what exactly doesn't work with my mod?

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 11:17:23 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2021, 07:08:08 AM by Just_a_miner

If you are using -strap and/or -rxboost command-line options and have problems with miner's strap driver after latest Windows update,
you have 2 options:

Update to mod v2.6, enable Windows Test Mode and install unsigned strap driver

OR

you have to remove update KB5004237 (thanks to shadowofthedamn for investigating and reporting the issue) that prevents strap driver from starting and disable automatic windows updates to prevent Windows from installing problematic update again.

1) Go to update history, write "update" in search field on taskbar and choose View your update history from the search results:

2) Check if KB5004237 installed on your system and if it is then click on Uninstall updates

3) Select update KB5004237 from list, right click and choose Uninstall. Click Yes, wait update to uninstall and click Restart computer.

4) After restart, download Windows Update Blocker 1.6 from https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-6/. Scroll down to download section, there are hashes of files inside archive and virustotal report.
Download archive Wub.zip and extract to desktop.
If you have Windows 10 64 bit (most people have 64 bit version of the OS), run Wub_x64.exe as admin and choose to Disable updates, Protect Services Settings and click Apply Now

5) Update Blocker should disable updates and now its window looks like this. Close Update Blocker by clicking on the cross:

6) Now let's check if windows update services are disabled. Right click on the Start button, and choose Computer Managment:

7) Select Services on the left and scroll down on the right side of the windows to check that both windows update services are not running and disabled:

8 ) Close Computer Managment and go to Updates, it now should look like this with "Some setting are managed by your organisation" and "Your organisation has turned off automatic updates":

Done. Problematic update KB5004237 removed and automatic windows updates disabled. This is temporary solution. If I'll find better solution, I'll post information about it in this topic.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 07:05:44 AM

New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v2.6 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Added unsigned version of strap driver that can work with Windows Update KB5004237. Unsigned driver requires Windows Test Mode.
  To enable Windows Test Mode make sure that "Secure Boot" is disabled in UEFI BIOS, then run "Enable_Windows_TestMode.cmd" from
  "strap_driver" folder in miner's archive as admin and reboot rig.
  To install unsigned strap driver run "install_Unsigned_strap_driver.cmd" (don't run as admin, it will ask for elevation after run).
  You can also install unsigned strap driver manually by running miner as admin with "-driver install_test" option.

Who need to install this version of the mod:

1) you use -strap/-rxboost options and you have Windows auto updates enabled, this means that Windows most likely installed KB5004237 and
    that prevents miner's strap driver (driver that handles -strap/-rxboost options) from working.

To install unsigned strap driver:

a) After you've installed mod v2.6, disable "Secure Boot" in UEFI BIOS, then run "Enable_Windows_TestMode.cmd" from
"strap_driver" folder in miner's archive as admin and reboot rig. If Test Mode was successfully enabled, you will see "Test Mode" at
the right lower corner of the desktop.

b) in miner folder go to "\strap_driver" subfolder and run as admin "uninstall_strap_driver.cmd". This will stop and uninstall old strap
driver if it was installed. Reboot rig.

c) To install unsigned strap driver run "install_Unsigned_strap_driver.cmd" (don't run as admin, it will ask for elevation after run).
You can also install unsigned strap driver manually by running miner as admin with "-driver install_test" option.

d) If everything was done correctly, unsigned strap driver is installed and you can use miner's -strap/-rxboost options with installed
Windows update KB5004237.

Who don't need to install this version of the mod:

1) you don't use -strap/-rxboost options

2) you do use -strap/-rxboost options, but you've disabled Windows updates and haven't installed latest updates (especially KB5004237), or removed it, and you don't plan to enable Windows update. In this case you can continue to use signed strap driver from v2.5

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:46:47 AM

I've noticed that I unable to start my mod (and original Claymore miner too) on test rig with Win 10 and latest updates.

With recent Windows 10 updates, Microsoft enabled blocking of potentially unwanted apps (such as miners). You can read about it here.

Basicly, that setting was there all the time, but was disabled by default. Latest win 10 updates forced the setting to be enabled by default.

To use my mod with latest windows 10 updates you have to set Potentially unwanted app blocking to off, as it was set before August updates.

To do so, go to Setting, Windows Security app > App & browser control > Reputation-based protection > Potentially unwanted app blocking:

And set it to off:

danyalbmw

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 03:54:44 PM

any linux release for Simple mining os?
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 11:04:02 AM

any linux release for Simple mining os?

no, linux version of the mod hasn't released. I had many problems irl this summer, so I didn't have enough time to finish it.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:55:37 AM

New Version just released!

More Epochs mod v2.7 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Increased maximum number of supported DAG epochs to 600.

xuzicheng1001

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 02:55:22 PM

Everybody gives up the CLaymore
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 12:21:00 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2022, 12:58:45 PM by Just_a_miner

Everybody gives up the CLaymore

You talk about original version of the miner because it's not working since end of 2020.

My mod is working fine and I see that people continue to use it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: