Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MoreEpochs mod v2.7 [Claymore ETH miner 15] Win/AMD+Nvidia. 0.6% fee, 600 epochs  (Read 5813 times)
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 09:24:13 AM

New Version just released!

miner star fine with my "Hawaii", hashing at 15.4mh/s in ethermine.org:5555(ssl) using all the server pool locations, but after some minutes realize that none share was submitted , then , get this red messsage "GOT INCORRECT SHARE, IF YOU SEE THIS WARNING OFTEN, MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT OVERCLOCK IT TOO MUCH!" ... am using Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2 with my Gigabyte R9 390 8gb

R9 390 is not supported now, it should not work.

seems to be a communication issue with server ... or maybe, a bottleneck between the creation of shares and the moment to be sent... it start juts as you told, showing the green message... create the DAG ok (4120mb for 387) ...and star showing the hash speed... but after waiting almost 30minutes, realize that not even 1share was submitted,(even getting several "new jobs")... then i saw that red message told before... HOPE this data can give you any idea! .... thanks so much for your good work... YOU ARE THE ONE!

Thank you, but I repeat, currently 390 is not supported, so it won't find shares.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 09:25:52 AM

More Epochs mod v1.4 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Changelog:

~ Added support for Nvidia drivers 460.89+, now the miner initializes NVML properly with these drivers,
   so temperature monitoring, fan control and power draw stats are available.

If you have AMD GPUs only, you can stay on v1.2

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
webfaresi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 04:20:05 AM

hello, when I try different programs, I can use it without any problems, but I get an "GPU got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!" error in the claymore mod program. Is there anything I can do?

Comes every 10 to 15 seconds on almost all cards, not on a single card. The same error comes across even though I try to reduce the memory and clock values by 50%.

The version I am using AMD 20.12.1
Card: 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + and 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse.

for example when i run phoenixminer on the same computer i don't get any errors.

I'll be glad if you can help, thanks.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 09:31:58 AM

hello, when I try different programs, I can use it without any problems, but I get an "GPU got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!" error in the claymore mod program. Is there anything I can do?

Comes every 10 to 15 seconds on almost all cards, not on a single card. The same error comes across even though I try to reduce the memory and clock values by 50%.

The version I am using AMD 20.12.1
Card: 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro + and 8G Sapphire Rx 580 Pulse.

for example when i run phoenixminer on the same computer i don't get any errors.

I'll be glad if you can help, thanks.

Thanks for the information, I know about the issue. Currently support of AMD Gpus is in test state in this mod, when I'll solve the issue I'll release new version of the mod.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 01:15:28 PM

What AMD driver version are people using? I'm using a fairly old one probably because I wanted one that works with OverdriveNTool and had noticed some of the newest ones don't. I'm using version 20.4.1 and with this driver and MoreEpochs v1.2 none of my AMD GPU's are able to create their DAG files.

I was testing with driver version 20.12.1 What AMD GPUs do you have? What kind of error did you get when gpu wasn't able to create DAG?

Rig 1 has a Vega 56, and an RX580; rig 2 has 3x RX580's - all are 8GB. I get the same error on all of them when I try to run version 1.2

Setting DAG epoch #387 for GPU3
Create GPU buffer for GPU3
GPU3 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
GPU3 - OpenCL error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

I'm guessing the driver version is too old and I'll need to go with something slightly newer, but I'm going to wait until I can get onsite to use DDU driver uninstaller and then update.

Anyone have OverdriveNTool running with a newer driver version - if so, which version? Thanks.

One user sent me .log with similar error:

GPU #0: Ellesmere (Radeon RX 580 Series), 8192 MB available, 36 compute units (pci bus 1:0:0)
gpu 0 max alloc size is 4048 MB
Setting DAG epoch #388(4.03GB)...
Setting DAG epoch #388 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
GPU0 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
GPU0 - OpenCL error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

As you can see GPU reports 8192 MB of vram, but other api call returned value of 4048 MB which is not enough for 4.03 GB Dag.
The situation probably happens with specific models of GPUs or with certain version of drivers.

Can you check your .log file to see if there is same problem? Also what is your OS (Win7/Win10) and AMD driver version?

qwick745

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 03:56:52 AM

As you can see GPU reports 8192 MB of vram, but other api call returned value of 4048 MB which is not enough for 4.03 GB Dag.
The situation probably happens with specific models of GPUs or with certain version of drivers.

Can you check your .log file to see if there is same problem? Also what is your OS (Win7/Win10) and AMD driver version?

I checked my log and it is the exact same. Do you know what driver that person was using? I'm using version 20.4.1 on Win 10. It will likely be another week or two and I should be able to try loading new drivers.
br2459

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 11:29:56 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2021, 01:08:52 AM by br2459

So just trying this out on my 8GB Sapphire RX580 and it tells me it can't load the DAG because it's too large. This is odd because it's an 8GB card. Is there some parameter I am missing? Well I just re-read the post above and since I have same type of card, that might be the same issue..

dedizones

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 12:37:38 AM

So just trying this out on my 8GB Sapphire RX580 and it tells me it can't load the DAG because it's too large. This is odd because it's an 8GB card. Is there some parameter I am missing? Well I just re-read the post above and since I have same type of card, that might be the same issue..

https://cloud.abercrombie.tech/index.php/s/CX83HMALa2MffNb

new epoch +389 change allocation in config claymore and other miner change "-eres 2 to -eres 1 or 0"
br2459

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 03:32:09 AM

new epoch +389 change allocation in config claymore and other miner change "-eres 2 to -eres 1 or 0"

I tried that and same thing. I just went back to Phoenix miner since I was able to get that to work under mOS instead of Windows.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 09:30:46 AM

I checked my log and it is the exact same. Do you know what driver that person was using? I'm using version 20.4.1 on Win 10. It will likely be another week or two and I should be able to try loading new drivers.

No, I don't know his driver version. But you told me your driver version, so I will check if this version will give me wrong vram size too.

Yes, probably same issue. If I'll find the workaround I'll inform about it here.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 10:08:22 AM

The problem is in AMD drivers, you can read more here https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/issues/1966, the solution is here https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/issues/1966#issuecomment-663826059

So you need newer AMD driver, 20.7.2 or later. Then GPU will be able to allocate more than 4gb of vram in single chunk.

wallas

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 04:59:28 PM

miner star fine with my "Hawaii", hashing at 15.4mh/s in ethermine.org:5555(ssl) using all the server pool locations, but after some minutes realize that none share was submitted , then , get this red messsage "GOT INCORRECT SHARE, IF YOU SEE THIS WARNING OFTEN, MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT OVERCLOCK IT TOO MUCH!" ... am using Adrenalin-2020-20.11.2 with my Gigabyte R9 390 8gb

seems to be a communication issue with server ... or maybe, a bottleneck between the creation of shares and the moment to be sent... it start juts as you told, showing the green message... create the DAG ok (4120mb for 387) ...and star showing the hash speed... but after waiting almost 30minutes, realize that not even 1share was submitted,(even getting several "new jobs")... then i saw that red message told before... HOPE this data can give you any idea! .... thanks so much for your good work... YOU ARE THE ONE!

Thank you, but I repeat, currently 390 is not supported, so it won't find shares.

hi, hope your fine.
ok, so the question is... have you the plan to make support for R9 390 8GB (HAWAII) or not? .. .thanks
qwick745

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 08:31:58 AM

I upgraded to AMD driver 20.7.2 and while I now can get it to run with my RX580's and Vega56, I'm having the exact same problem as batsonxl - if I have straps set to 1 or whichever straps I'd previously used, the whole rig crashes the moment it tries to applies the straps. If I set it to 0, it will start up and run, but probably with around a 35% reduction in hashrate as the straps aren't being applied. Hopefully straps can get working again for AMD's? Thanks
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 10:18:33 AM

hi, hope your fine.
ok, so the question is... have you the plan to make support for R9 390 8GB (HAWAII) or not? .. .thanks

Hello, thanks I'm fine, just busy investigating the issue with rejected shares for AMD gpus. If I'll solve the problem, I will try to add support for 390.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 10:39:06 AM

I upgraded to AMD driver 20.7.2 and while I now can get it to run with my RX580's and Vega56, I'm having the exact same problem as batsonxl - if I have straps set to 1 or whichever straps I'd previously used, the whole rig crashes the moment it tries to applies the straps. If I set it to 0, it will start up and run, but probably with around a 35% reduction in hashrate as the straps aren't being applied. Hopefully straps can get working again for AMD's? Thanks

With -straps 0 do you have accepted shares? Do you have shares that didn't pass check on CPU? ("got incorrect share" message in log file)

About crashing with -straps 1. The miner uses heavily protected custom kernel-mode driver to apply straps and it looks like it's not compatible with new amd gpu drivers. I think the only realistic solution for me is to use some 3rd party driver to apply straps instead of default miner's driver. Still this will require a lot of researching and therefore time.

qwick745

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:28:37 PM

With -straps 0 do you have accepted shares? Do you have shares that didn't pass check on CPU? ("got incorrect share" message in log file)

About crashing with -straps 1. The miner uses heavily protected custom kernel-mode driver to apply straps and it looks like it's not compatible with new amd gpu drivers. I think the only realistic solution for me is to use some 3rd party driver to apply straps instead of default miner's driver. Still this will require a lot of researching and therefore time.

With -straps 0 yes I get accepted shares, but I would say about 1/2 -2/3 are "incorrect share". I've also tried stock clock settings instead of overclock since my OC's were set using the original straps, but even at stock clocks I still get mostly "incorrect shares" so my effective hash is probably 1/3 of what it used to be. Is this something you think you'll be able to get working, or should I look at using a different miner for my AMD's?
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:36:17 PM

Thanks for your hard work,
If claymore will NOT work with straps then there is no point to use it. i used clay only because of this, with 3rd party software all miner works fast, the point is claymore was single miner with all settings you need, make bat file thats it.you dont need oc software or mod the bios.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 05:18:16 AM

With -straps 0 yes I get accepted shares, but I would say about 1/2 -2/3 are "incorrect share". I've also tried stock clock settings instead of overclock since my OC's were set using the original straps, but even at stock clocks I still get mostly "incorrect shares" so my effective hash is probably 1/3 of what it used to be. Is this something you think you'll be able to get working, or should I look at using a different miner for my AMD's?

I see, I'm working on solution to get rid of incorrect shares for AMD Gpus. If you have many incorrect shares for your AMD Gpu and some other miner works well for you,  of course you should use it. When I'll solve the problem I will release new version of my mod (probably as separate release for AMD Gpus because Nvidia Gpus work fine already) and you will be able to test it and decide what is best for you.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 05:27:08 AM

Thanks for your hard work,
If claymore will NOT work with straps then there is no point to use it. i used clay only because of this, with 3rd party software all miner works fast, the point is claymore was single miner with all settings you need, make bat file thats it.you dont need oc software or mod the bios.

Thanks. That makes sense, let's hope problem will be solved.

wallas

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 06:08:58 AM

hi, hope your fine.

Hello, thanks I'm fine, just busy investigating the issue with rejected shares for AMD gpus. If I'll solve the problem, I will try to add support for 390.
thanks, ill be waiting anxiously.. .good vibes!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: