Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noso: PoPW+PoS. Fair launch, not premined, open source comunity  (Read 8525 times)
Estripa

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 01:58:52 PM
Merited by HmmMAA (2)

It is rare that mobile phone mining earns more than traditional mining machines

Not rare at all, due POPW used on Noso, you get noso "paticipating", using a few CPU and bandwidth resources, as we have a Faucet ser on Pool servers that only accepts 3 shares per IP/device. To make it clear, a simple mobile phone can complete 3 shares on each pool in a few seconds. So. if you have a minning machine with powerful Hasrate you still have he 3 shares limit. SO, you will get 3 shares in milliseconds, and the time until 10 min you machine will be stopped.

You can check "mining" ( we call it Earning ) process: https://docs.nosocoin.com/noso-documentation/how-to-earn-noso/earn-noso-on-windows

So, our objective is to have thousands of "low" power devices ( mobile phone, smartwatch .. etc ) with Noso wallet installed just participating using few resources and gaining noso.

You can get noso, having a Wallet installed on your device, getting noso proff of stake on your wallet or setup a noso node.

Easy, simple, anyone can join ( if you have GPU, mining farm .. etc is not useful at all ), you will get more noso if you setup several wallets on several mobile devices ( each one with his public IP ) .. etc.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
comisho

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2023, 12:16:40 AM

Easy, simple, anyone can join ( if you have GPU, mining farm .. etc is not useful at all ), you will get more noso if you setup several wallets on several mobile devices ( each one with his public IP ) .. etc.

In other words GPU-mining is banned and the governors freeze the GPU-miners assets but it is allowed to set up a big farm of mobile devices. This is strange rules.

Estripa

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2023, 08:02:26 AM

In other words GPU-mining is banned and the governors freeze the GPU-miners assets but it is allowed to set up a big farm of mobile devices. This is strange rules.

You can setup a big farm of mobile devices, you can invest on that if every mobile phone has a different public IP and is a "real" mobile phone. What we worked was to stop a single computer with a powerful GPU getting thousands of shares and "pretending" to be 200 devices. That's not fair. But, you can buy 200 mobile phones, each one with his public IP ,that will work and it's a "fair" method to get noso, the anwer is Yes you can , but....., we are currently working on a new feature, we will check geographic distribution and dissemination, and this will benefit to devices running on a low density situation. For example, if you have a mobile phone on a low population city where there are only 100 mobiles "minning" then you noso reward will be higher that is you are on a high density city with 1000 mobiles phones mining noso. Our objective is to benefit a proper distribution/dissemination. This will help to avoid big farms, you will continue to get some noso, but will allow also someone with a single mobile phone minning on a low population city. That's something that will make big mobile farms on a specific location not worth.

This is something we are working and writing now, will be talked in the next dev meeting.
hxb6718

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 24, 2023, 12:39:11 AM

NOSO is not yet listed on exchanges,I don't know how long to wait
hxb6718

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 12:21:55 PM

NOSO seems to have updated the block explorer
sevenseasexchange

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 02, 2023, 12:37:31 AM

NOSO is not yet listed on exchanges,I don't know how long to wait

We are in the final stages of testing before NOSO trading becomes live on Seven Seas Exchange.
sevenseasexchange

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 05:18:20 AM

Trading is live now: https://www.sevenseas.exchange/market/NOSO-BTC
gcarreno

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 10:34:06 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2023, 04:19:46 AM by gcarreno
Merited by cryptosize (1)

Hi there Y'all,

I was, many moons ago, part of the Noso team.
I was a developer and I did a bunch of cross language libs(Pascal, C#, Python and PHP) to access the TCP/IP Protocol and the raw data of the block files and I coded the first (Edit)explorer in CakePHP.
The wallet code and all the surrounding tool's code is so bad that I never touched any of it. I couldn't follow the immense qty of functions/procedures spread over a myriad of source files(No OOP at all). It was just a very hard spaghetti to follow.
I pushed really hard to try and get the only Dev to evolve on his not so good coding skills and to bring other programming languages under the Noso umbrella.
For that and for telling some harsh truths to power I was rewarded with a ban from the Discord server(I got really irate many months before that and had already left the GitHub Org).

And the truths are quite blaring in the face of a self named cryptocoin:
  • Noso is centralised: Without the seed nodes, and when the seed nodes go bust, the whole network ceases to work
  • Noso is not verifiable: Every transaction should have the public key present in order to validate the signature. For some obscure reason, when building the block, that key is replaced with the Sender's address
  • Noso uses MD5 as the hashing algorithm: The fact that it's so easy to create collisions by simply changing one to three bytes on the block file is very scary
  • Noso uses Pascal Short Strings: If you're a programmer and understand that between length and capacity, there is the space for memory garbage to be stored in the block files, this makes what was said above, about MD5 even more plausible
  • Noso has a government: In order to participate on this government you must pay to acquire one or more GVT tokens. Paid democracy... Is that still democracy?
  • Noso software executes orders from centralised person in power: The software has code paths that will restart your wallet after triggering an upgrade on itself. But if it can do this, what else could the only dev code in to do with your coins?
  • Noso freezes assets: Some assets have been frozen because they are perceived to be mined via GPU. The responsibility of a mining algorithm to be GPU/ASIC resistant lays squarely on the shoulders of the dev/dev team. Blaming the miners for pushing the boundaries is like a very bad parent blaming it's own child for the mistakes he does!!

And these are the few things that I so hardly fought to make the only dev of this coin to realise he should correct. But alas, here we are and now, Noso is even listed... OMFG, how did this happen?!?!?

The bullet points above are the most blatant issues with this coin. I could go on forever about the fact that the code is complete spaghetti. That said spaghetti is now so entangled that even the only dev is now suffering the pain and has not released any new version in quite a while. And the 1 or 2 times he did attempt at testing new code changes present on the GitHub repo, the main net has always collapsed.

So, yeah, this is a cryptocoin that disrespects the ethos(still centralised) and even the math, the cryptology math(it is not verifiable).

You can try and gaslight everyone else with any rhetoric about this and that, but the buck stops at the code itself, and me, as an Object Pascal programmer of more than 15 years experience, I'll say that the code is rotten to the core.

But hey, continue trading this "wonderful" coin that is... How did you put it?
developed from the ground up by a team with more than a decade of experience in blockchain technologies.

Yeah, let's go with that!!!

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: Gus a.k.a Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno, everywhere else.
gshadow1987

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 11:05:50 AM

just deposited a bunch of NOSO but the Transaction History doesn't show up anything. Can i DM you the Tx or how can i get in touch with you?
gcarreno

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 09:40:01 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2023, 10:14:10 PM by gcarreno

Hey GShadow,

just deposited a bunch of NOSO but the Transaction History doesn't show up anything. Can i DM you the Tx or how can i get in touch with you?

Please visit https://www.sevenseas.exchange/account/history/deposits for the history of your deposits.
From what I can see, there is no section called Transaction on the Account menu or even elsewhere in the site.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: Maybe this issue should be sorted out on the Seven Seas own thread, and not on the Noso main thread?
Here's the Seven Seas thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5446131
elmo40

Activity: 665
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2023, 12:58:33 PM

Little spelling error in consominer v1.8. It still displays as v1.7.
sevenseasexchange

View Profile
April 06, 2023, 01:14:43 PM

Hi GShadow, sorry only just saw this post, is there anything I can still help with? We are available to message on Twitter or on Discord.

Cheers.
sorinln

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2023, 07:49:34 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2023, 09:04:18 AM by sorinln

I'm sorry that you left the project. We interacted on discord. You are a nice guy Smiley
gcarreno

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 06:55:09 AM

Hey sorinln,

I'm sorry that you left the project.

It's not your fault, butI do appreciate the feeling. Thank you so very much!!

We interacted on discord. You are a nice guy Smiley

That's very nice of you to say, and, again, from the bottom of my heart I thank you so very much!!!

Cheers,
Gus
dualdragon

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 11:12:35 AM

It seems you hate this project a lot.
If the project is that bad, why don't you suggest to improve it or write your own code to improve it?
Are you one of the GPU miner?
How much NOSO do you hold? Have you brought some recently?

I am only a player and joined this project for over 1 years, I only run my node (Noso Wallet with Node function) with auto update feature. I don't care because it runs on a isolate account and also with 0 NOSO account.I run wallet using Nosolite. Do you know it? haha

Hi there Y'all,

I was a developer and I did a bunch of cross language libs(Pascal, C#, Python and PHP) to access the TCP/IP Protocol and the raw data of the block files and I coded the first (Edit)explorer in CakePHP.
The wallet code and all the surrounding tool's code is so bad that I never touched any of it. I couldn't follow the immense qty of functions/procedures spread over a myriad of source files(No OOP at all). It was just a very hard spaghetti to follow.
I pushed really hard to try and get the only Dev to evolve on his not so good coding skills and to bring other programming languages under the Noso umbrella.
For that and for telling some harsh truths to power I was rewarded with a ban from the Discord server(I got really irate many months before that and had already left the GitHub Org).

And the truths are quite blaring in the face of a self named cryptocoin:
  • Noso is centralised: Without the seed nodes, and when the seed nodes go bust, the whole network ceases to work
  • Noso is not verifiable: Every transaction should have the public key present in order to validate the signature. For some obscure reason, when building the block, that key is replaced with the Sender's address
  • Noso uses MD5 as the hashing algorithm: The fact that it's so easy to create collisions by simply changing one to three bytes on the block file is very scary
  • Noso uses Pascal Short Strings: If you're a programmer and understand that between length and capacity, there is the space for memory garbage to be stored in the block files, this makes what was said above, about MD5 even more plausible
  • Noso has a government: In order to participate on this government you must pay to acquire one or more GVT tokens. Paid democracy... Is that still democracy?
  • Noso software executes orders from centralised person in power: The software has code paths that will restart your wallet after triggering an upgrade on itself. But if it can do this, what else could the only dev code in to do with your coins?
  • Noso freezes assets: Some assets have been frozen because they are perceived to be mined via GPU. The responsibility of a mining algorithm to be GPU/ASIC resistant lays squarely on the shoulders of the dev/dev team. Blaming the miners for pushing the boundaries is like a very bad parent blaming it's own child for the mistakes he does!!

And these are the few things that I so hardly fought to make the only dev of this coin to realise he should correct. But alas, here we are and now, Noso is even listed... OMFG, how did this happen?!?!?

The bullet points above are the most blatant issues with this coin. I could go on forever about the fact that the code is complete spaghetti. That said spaghetti is now so entangled that even the only dev is now suffering the pain and has not released any new version in quite a while. And the 1 or 2 times he did attempt at testing new code changes present on the GitHub repo, the main net has always collapsed.

So, yeah, this is a cryptocoin that disrespects the ethos(still centralised) and even the math, the cryptology math(it is not verifiable).

You can try and gaslight everyone else with any rhetoric about this and that, but the buck stops at the code itself, and me, as an Object Pascal programmer of more than 15 years experience, I'll say that the code is rotten to the core.

But hey, continue trading this "wonderful" coin that is... How did you put it?
developed from the ground up by a team with more than a decade of experience in blockchain technologies.

Yeah, let's go with that!!!

Cheers,
Gus

P.S.: Gus a.k.a Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno, everywhere else.
gcarreno

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 12:10:12 PM

Hey dualdragon,

First of all, you do pose a lot of private questions. None of them quite related to anything constructive, but all a means to get ammo to attack me after.
This is not a very nice starting position for you to attempt a high-and-mighty-on-my-tall-horse in order to try and look down on me.

It seems you hate this project a lot.

You couldn't be more wrong. I actually love the project. What, or whom, I hate are the people making all the bad decisions that will get this project pointing down in a spiral of death.
But if you paid attention to what I was mentioning in my post, you'd not make this mistake.
Looks like you're another one of those "read-half-the-post-and-go-half-cocked" in to the reply section...

If the project is that bad, why don't you suggest to improve it or write your own code to improve it?

This question is a bit stupid since you're assuming I didn't start there!!
I was helping this project 9 months after it's genesis block.
I was the person that made the single dev use GIT instead of uploading the files using the GitHub web interface.
I was the person that made the single dev use the form editor instead on making the UI built in run-time.
I was the person that made sure that all the UI elements would scale the same way on Windows/Linux and macOS.
I was the person that made sure the Node app was working in both Windows and Linux.
And I have enough code committed to the Noso-Project GitHub Organisation, the Friends of Noso Github Organisation to make the single dev be ashamed.
But since you're only been with Noso for the past year, according to you, you missed all that because the dumb single dev and his humongous ego have banned me from the Discord server for telling him and the community at large about the truths that plague the software!

But you would actually know that if you took the time to look at the GitHub repositories under the Noso-Project Org.
Instead, you come to this forum to ask provocative questions to elicit some trollish discussion?
How bad are you that you resort to such demeaning tactic, hein?!

Are you one of the GPU miner?

If you paid attention, you'd know, like the rest of us, who actually is the GPU miner(s).
But again, your questioning tactic is to elicit some trollish discussion so you can say something dumb like: "AH-HA, gotcha!!"
I'm sorry, I'm not playing your childish game!

How much NOSO do you hold? Have you brought some recently?

I'll answer to this question when you answer to it yourself. Do we have a good deal?

I am only a player and joined this project for over 1 years, I only run my node (Noso Wallet with Node function) with auto update feature. I don't care because it runs on a isolate account and also with 0 NOSO account.I run wallet using Nosolite. Do you know it? haha

If you were paying any attention, you'd know that I have 2 to 3 years seniority on your arse on this project.
I've read the code and I've coded some more for libs to access the TCP/IP protocol and the raw data.

You on the other hand, as you say, have only 1 year experience being a user and you think you can come here with your childish arrogance and challenge me on anything related to Noso?
What are you? One of those idiots that thinks that watching a Youtube video makes you an expert and have the necessary skills to challenge a person with a PhD on the matter?

Did you even re-read your post right before you hit the Post button?
Do you even know how to read?
Do you even know how to wipe your own arse when you go poo-poo 💩?

See, I'm also capable of idiotic personal questions that are so bad that they should never be asked and even less be answered.

Cheers,
Gus
zkradija

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 08:23:28 AM

I'm in this project few months after first block. I remember when Gus (gcarreno) showed up od Discord. He was working day & night, on this project, among other devs. There was always problem in comms, between devs, and thats the truth. But project never stopped, not for a minute. He wasn't the first, nor the last, to left the project. I don't understand much, that tech chit-chat, but i have high hopes in this project. AFAIK/ATTOW, this is the only coin with (soon to be implemented) built-in exchange. No KYC, no data collection. That is the point. Let’s see what the future holds.
gcarreno

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 03:18:55 PM

Hey zkradija,

I'm in this project few months after first block. I remember when Gus (gcarreno) showed up od Discord. He was working day & night, on this project, among other devs. There was always problem in comms, between devs, and thats the truth. But project never stopped, not for a minute. He wasn't the first, nor the last, to left the project. I don't understand much, that tech chit-chat, but i have high hopes in this project.

Thank you so very much for the kind words and the validation of all the 3 burned devs and I.
I really do appreciate your gesture!!

AFAIK/ATTOW, this is the only coin with (soon to be implemented) built-in exchange. No KYC, no data collection. That is the point. Let’s see what the future holds.

There's already an exchange with no KYC: 7 Seas Exchange
Not sure about data collection, but I'm sure about the KYC.

Cheers,
Gus
zkradija

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 07:51:38 PM

There's already an exchange with no KYC: 7 Seas Exchange
Not sure about data collection, but I'm sure about the KYC.

I was thinking more of coin, not exchange per se. Exchange site can always go bankrupt, or scam you. So they leave you with no money/coins.
But, if u have exchange in your pocket, there are no such worries.
gcarreno

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 10:50:15 AM

Hey zkradija,

I was thinking more of coin, not exchange per se. Exchange site can always go bankrupt, or scam you. So they leave you with no money/coins.
But, if u have exchange in your pocket, there are no such worries.

I couldn't agree more!!

Pity that the single dev does not have the skills to pull off Nobiex. Let's face it, not even the LiqPool was ever in the single dev's skill set!!

And here we are with an exchange that was created just one month ago. Kinda creeps me out that this is the exchange that picked up Noso.

Oh well...

Cheers,
Gus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: