Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] iCoin Moving to N-Scrypt and IPO for Mintpal Votes  (Read 601 times)
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:18:15 PM

We are pleased to announce iCoin will be moving to N-Scrypt to combat ASICs which will be hitting the Market Q2/Q3 this year. Our Devs are busy testing N-Scrypt and the date will be announced for the change.

We are also doing 100k IPO for Mintpal votes, after our community got hit extremely hard by the coinmarket.io scam we have decided it's time we get onto the best up and coming credible exchange that has put a lot work into security, has a great interface and decent volumes. At the same time we are going to be broadening our merchant network. We just picked up our first dutch Merchant.

http://geticoin.com/merchants/

Please review our ANN on how to participate in the IPO for Mintpal vote.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407866.0

On the 9th April we plan to reveal iCoin to the mainstream and we expect the currency to get a lot more attention then it currently has now. We want to be the top choice scrypt coin and we won't stop until we are.

More to come from the iCoin Team. Smiley
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

Asic resistance is nice, picking N-Scrypt to do so is terrible. N-Scrypt is even worse than scrypt regarding power usage and component stress.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:22:10 PM

Asic resistance is nice, picking N-Scrypt to do so is terrible. N-Scrypt is even worse than scrypt regarding power usage and component stress.

+1 go quark or x11 i guess.

Do like icoin though. I see apple are talking up imoney  ...

seems applecoin and icoin are already in use.

Icoin sounds better though.

TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:27:49 PM

That is good news, I love the name and the team behind the coin, was planning on mining vertcoin when ASICs are released but I am going to be mining this now!! Great job the day I actually decide to join the iCoin community Smiley
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:33:56 PM

+1 go quark or x11 i guess.

Do like icoin though. I see apple are talking up imoney  ...

seems applecoin and icoin are already in use.

Icoin sounds better though.

I like Icoin too but iCoin just as good. I am surprised no one has thought of imoney yet.

iCoin > imoney though name wise.
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:33:17 AM

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:39:14 AM

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

Ok sure but, the scrypt asics are now here. You can build asics for these others but as yet they are not available right now?

So for now only scryptn with high n factor is asic resistant due to ungodly amount of memory required?

I guess scrypt jane high n factor is too?

which is best scryptN or scrypt jane high N factor?

I really don't know much about the encryption side of it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: