Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinvest initial investment, or keep profits?  (Read 393 times)
Pizzalover420

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 02:35:17 PM

Hi all,

In the past weeks, I have sold some BTC, and I have my initial investment (about $5000) out. Which means that everything I have in BTC now (about $8000) is "free". That is fine, but I am thinking about what to do with the money I took out:

• Put it in a less volatile investment, as a long term safeguard
  • Reinvest it in BTC as soon as the price drops (it eventually will, but when?)

In the first case, I have secured my initial investment in the long term, so I won't need to worry about it, but it also won't make much more for me.

In the second case, the potential for gains is much higher, but I still risk losing my initial investment. I don't need the money now, but I would feel sorry about it.

I plan on keeping what I have left in BTC for the long term. My question is purely about the initial investment that I took out again.

What's your opinion? Thanks!

The best way to do investing is.

put 5k in, when it hits 10k, take out 5k, then keep the other 5k in as a free ride. Now you got nothing to lose and only to gain.

basically when you double up, take out your initial investment.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 02:48:58 PM

Bitcoin is increasing a lot so I am not surprised enough if many people get a profit which in my opinion is very large especially for a beginner like you. I suggest you are a beginner because you still ask the question which reflects your current situation, correct me if I am wrong. Someone who gets used to choosing bitcoin as an investment place they will know what should they do when they've got profit/lose.

And as always, I don't have any really good suggestions for you. I don't dare to take the risk that you will face or even if you get profit I won't get anything from you, right? You should know the characteristic how bitcoin price movement, you can compare or equate the previous bitcoin price movements, especially when bitcoin prices rose drastically. That is the technical part, but you have to countervail with fundamental factors, how the current situation that is driving bitcoin prices skyrocketing, I mean the current fundamental factor can stand for a long time or not.

Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2021, 02:52:54 PM

It depends on you when your goal is decided that in which position you want to see you in the future. Because if you are a little bit trier of cryptocurrency then I suggest you that keep your profit. But if you are a high ambition then you should try your best to reach your goal. If you can give full effort to crypto then you can reinvest your initial investment.

RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 02:53:30 PM

maybe if you have made the initial investment in bitcoin and have made a profit, you should invest in other coins maybe try altcoin, use 50% to reinvest in bitcoin and 50% to invest in altcoin. this may seem like an obvious advantage. But the choice comes back to you whether you want to save in savings or reinvest

veznata

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:39:12 PM

my dream scenario for this bull run. 40K first stop, drop to 30K then climb to 60k drop to 48 k, last 3rd peak (and last for this bullrun) at 108K and then drop to 25K. sell 80% of your coins between 90-100K and the rest 20% exchange to tether in nano ledger. buy back in a year or two at 25K the same amount of btc at the lowest and go on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: