Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it. I am done. This country is done. I am getting the fuck out of here.  (Read 5596 times)
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:11:07 AM

When no guns are around people dont get shot...

Right, they get stabbed, or beaten with a bat.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 06:50:23 AM

Arizona has similar gun laws, look what happened to Gabrielle Giffords
Permissive gun laws did not cause that shooting.  A mental breakdown on the part of the shooter caused it.  Restrictive gun laws would not have stopped it either.  Washington DC and New York City have some of the highest violent crime and murder rates in the US, while they are two of the most restrictive jurisdictions in terms of purchasing or owning weapons.

All the statistics show Gun possession causes violence not stops it.
That is patently false.  Statistics seem to indicate that gun possession reduces violence and crime.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 06:54:07 AM

we have some of the toughest gun laws and I thank God for them.
Do you think they actually help keep violent criminals from obtaining weapons?  Honest question, not trolling.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:56:19 AM

Do you think they actually help keep violent criminals from obtaining weapons?  Honest question, not trolling.

So long as people don't want to die, laws work. That's changing more and more everyday.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:21:29 AM

All the statistics show Gun possession causes violence not stops it.

Ah, no.  That's not remotely accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Guns,_Less_Crime

This is the largest study on the subject ever done, anywhere in the world.  The conclusion isn't even in contest, the results of states passing carry permits for any citizen are overwhelmingly in favor of the title of the book.  More guns in society results in less violent crime overall.  We can argue all day over why this is so, but not about the empirical facts.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 07:36:19 AM

i don't have to move I already live in NY - we have some of the toughest gun laws and I thank God for them.

I know a guy who was born and raised in NYC, and moved to my present city of Louisville, Kentucky because he is a chef's assistant and now works for General Electric in the appliances testing division, presumedly testing kitchen appliances.  He was both shocked and a little taken aback to learn that there existed so many firearms in the city, and that it was legal for citizens to walk around with them concealed.  What shocked him most was to learn that no one got hurt.  I believe in twenty years, there is only one case of a concealed carry license holder committing a gun crime in the entire state, and that wasn't here.  I've literally seen grown men with "assault" rifles slung over their backs downtown in Jefferson Park (for one of the earlier Tea Party events, before the movement was co-opted by the Republicans; best of luck staying independent OWS).  Cops around here don't get sideways with whomever they wish, like in NYC, and they damn well don't do 'no knock' home entries after dark.  That would be an exceedingly hazardous occupational risk, particularly if they got the address wrong.

This same guy couldn't get a license to drive in NYC; not only does he drive here, he owns a firearm.  As far as I know, he doesn't carry though.  This is one of the safest cities in America.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 07:37:41 AM

Do you think they actually help keep violent criminals from obtaining weapons?  Honest question, not trolling.

So long as people don't want to die, laws work. That's changing more and more everyday.
That doesn't really answer my question.

But you're right.  Laws work for people who obey laws and they don't work for people who don't obey them.  Violent criminals, by their very definition do not obey the law, so why would they obey gun control laws?

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 04:49:24 PM

Hitler was voted in with a 97% vote. The Jews proudly wore their stars
Are you serious? On both claims.
Not any longer. It seems I have been deceived.

Interesting that you were willing to believe such crazy things.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 12:39:51 AM

I'm off to the Canadian wilderness or the West Indies; whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

Time to tap the trust fund?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 12:42:13 AM

I'm off to the Canadian wilderness or the West Indies; whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

Bootstraps, idiot. The forest will be brimming with fruits and meat in mere admiration.

Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:10:00 AM

Bootstraps, idiot. The forest will be brimming with fruits and meat in mere admiration.

It's a long swim from Texas to the West Indies.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 02:35:24 AM

I will say Bitcoin has treated me very well.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 02:36:33 AM

Do you think they actually help keep violent criminals from obtaining weapons?  Honest question, not trolling.

But you're right.  Laws work for people who obey laws and they don't work for people who don't obey them.  Violent criminals, by their very definition do not obey the law, so why would they obey gun control laws?

If we had a law that said breaking laws was illegal, it'd fix all of this.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 03:06:04 AM

But you're right.  Laws work for people who obey laws and they don't work for people who don't obey them.  Violent criminals, by their very definition do not obey the law, so why would they obey gun control laws?

Sorry, I wasn't exactly replying, just making a general statement.

btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 05:18:33 AM

If we had a law that said breaking laws was illegal, it'd fix all of this.
You know, that just might work....

Sorry, I wasn't exactly replying, just making a general statement.
Fair enough.  Your general statement is flawed though.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: