Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you "swap" your crypto for a Tesla?  (Read 2405 times)
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 11:58:05 AM

I would definitely hold my crypto and not exchange to any car from Tesla. My crypto will surely grow more in the future and I can buy that I want. I also thinking to invest more in bitcoin and other potential cryptocurrency.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 11:08:00 PM

Hello everyone!

So with the hype around crypto that Elon Musk is creating and with the news about possibility of acquisition of any Tesla car with crypto, comes my question:
Would you buy a Tesla with BTC or ETH? Aren't we going to regret it? In future, will this turn to an event similar to "Bitcoin Pizza Day" where people will be sayin that someone spend a whole BTC or 10 ETH for a car Huh?
Even Tesla is a well known and unique car brand I would definitely not gonna swap my hodlings like BTC, ETH and any other cryptocurrencies for it because I know that this kind of car will go old and its value will depreciate after a long run while my hodlings price can go up and get me richer after a long run.

Who knows how exactly OP meant the question, but from that perspective it is just a question of judgement whether I believe that my crypto might drop or increase or stay where it is. I don't think it is so much about a specific product. If I have crypto available and I want something else of value, I just do the maths right?

If it is can I have one Tesla or one Bitcoin, well that's a bit different. But generally you should make careful considerations at some point because the time will come where it is smarter to get rid of at least some of your cryptocurrencies instead of holding them forever. In the end it stores value and gives you freedom in making financial decisions. It is therefore rather unlikely that holding Bitcoin until your death makes a whole lot of sense.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2021, 11:28:55 PM

Hello everyone!

So with the hype around crypto that Elon Musk is creating and with the news about possibility of acquisition of any Tesla car with crypto, comes my question:
Would you buy a Tesla with BTC or ETH? Aren't we going to regret it? In future, will this turn to an event similar to "Bitcoin Pizza Day" where people will be sayin that someone spend a whole BTC or 10 ETH for a car Huh?
Even Tesla is a well known and unique car brand I would definitely not gonna swap my hodlings like BTC, ETH and any other cryptocurrencies for it because I know that this kind of car will go old and its value will depreciate after a long run while my hodlings price can go up and get me richer after a long run.
Tesla and BTC may become obsolete, and there's a chance that no one will use crypto in the future, but this is a remote probability. I won't buy Tesla with crypto, in my opinion, because I know it will be more valuable than Tesla if I hodl for a longer period of time, and I don't want Tesla because it isn't really a thing in my country. I don't see any problem with your decision as long as he's already enjoying life without even buying a Tesla. That's why there's a preference, if you prefer to invest more in crypto, then it's your choice and part of the gamble already as long as you've studied it that you'll make more profit hodling BTC than buying Tesla.

Ekyfitri

Activity: 664
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 02:00:43 AM

Unfortunately, Tesla doesn't do that. and maybe they will prefer fiat payments over crypto assets.
if they accept crypto as payment like BTC I think it will be tough for crypto owners to use their BTC to buy a car.
maybe it happened but I believe it's just to create content that will raise the rating of the crypto market and tesla stock.
we know-how so far, crypto is used as an investment asset, not as a legal tender. although some countries have legalized crypto that can be used as a means of payment. but I'm sure more people only legalize crypto-assets as investment assets, not as legal tender.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 03:10:21 AM

I would definitely hold my crypto and not exchange to any car from Tesla. My crypto will surely grow more in the future and I can buy that I want. I also thinking to invest more in bitcoin and other potential cryptocurrency.

I agree that investing in crypto is more profitable than tesla not everyone can afford to buy tesla but investing in cryptocurrencies with less capital will double the price. Tesla can usually be confined to one place crypto prices are constantly rising the demand for crypto is much higher for price increase.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 03:13:57 AM

For me definitely not, because the price of cryptocurrency could go higher (eventhough also could be lower) in the future, while the price of a car must be dropped when newer cars are launched. So i think using fiat is the most comfort way to buy a car while cryptocurrency is just for investment, if people are making legality for crypto transaction it should be stable currency like usdt.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2021, 11:00:12 AM

If you want to swap your cryptocurrency, then it should be done against some asset that is protected against inflation. Tesla is an asset which depreciates over time and there is no point in making an "investment" with it. You can purchase one if you are in dire need of an automobile (still I would not recommend it, as there are good gasoline driven vehicles available at one-third the price). Or you can buy one to show your support to Tesla. For me, that is out of question ever since Elon tried to fuck the cryptocurrency market.
dzonikg28

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 10:28:36 PM

why would I use crypto to buy an electric car. I will use an easier way, namely using FIAT. anyway I'm not interested in tesla products. I prefer to use crypto especially bitcoin as an investment. and the regulations in my country also don't allow crypto to be used as payment. so I'm not going to do this.

Maybe you don't want your bank to know that you bought your third car within one year! The solution is to just use your Monero and pay for your car. Relatively quick, nobody knows about it and there you go. Crypto is quite cool to pay with if you are set up decently. I admit it is still quite the hassle here and there, but that will be solved over time.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
ChaoChibai

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

-ethernity cloud-

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 04:27:33 AM

For me definitely not, because the price of cryptocurrency could go higher (eventhough also could be lower) in the future, while the price of a car must be dropped when newer cars are launched. So i think using fiat is the most comfort way to buy a car while cryptocurrency is just for investment, if people are making legality for crypto transaction it should be stable currency like usdt.

well, I think the same way as you are. I also do not want to swap my crypto for tesla. because crypto will be more profitable in the future and also not. But Tesla is just a car and there will be a price dropped because of depreciation and in my opinion car is not good for investment.

bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:09:37 AM

Maybe you don't want your bank to know that you bought your third car within one year! The solution is to just use your Monero and pay for your car. Relatively quick, nobody knows about it and there you go. Crypto is quite cool to pay with if you are set up decently. I admit it is still quite the hassle here and there, but that will be solved over time.

Nobody except vehicle registration institution and insurance company knows about your car. And I'm pretty much sure that insurance companies can easily share the information about you having a property, that is not displayed in your declaration, if things wont match in US Taxation reports. Or you can ride it without registration plate and insurance, till the first cop stops you. Will Monero help you to hide fact of car ownership in the US or any other country? With huge purchases, we are all under magnifying glass.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:13:54 AM

Hello everyone!

I would trade my cryptocurrency for a Tesla car and here's why. For me, cryptocurrencies are an opportunity to earn a living. I have no goal of getting rich and becoming, for example, a millionaire. On the contrary, it is very important for me to get all the necessary things for everyday life in our time, and for this I would not mind exchanging my cryptocurrency for the same Tesla car and other necessary things for life.
dzonikg28

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 11:03:32 PM

Nobody except vehicle registration institution and insurance company knows about your car. And I'm pretty much sure that insurance companies can easily share the information about you having a property, that is not displayed in your declaration, if things wont match in US Taxation reports. Or you can ride it without registration plate and insurance, till the first cop stops you. Will Monero help you to hide fact of car ownership in the US or any other country? With huge purchases, we are all under magnifying glass.

This is not about tax evasion or anything like that. This was also only just an example. Crypto allows you to avoid ties being published between you and your purchases towards all the traditional institutions we are used to knowing everything about us. Imagine you buy a pack of cigarettes every day at a kiosk. Would it be better to pay with debit/credit card or with crypto/cash? It is of course better to pay without leaving traces because I guarantee you your insurance company and your bank already analyzed what you are doing and spending on a daily basis. Once you need a mortgage you may be surprised about their decisions. You can't have enough privacy, which isn't equal to committing crime by the way.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 11:56:18 PM

Swapping cryptocurrency for Tesla is not a wise decision. Maybe an user who has got hundreds of bitcoin or a strong portfolio could do it. A common man can have patience, because tomorrow for the amount we spend today on a Tesla could get two Tesla.

Years back I bought a mobile phone selling bitcoin. By the time I bought a mobile worth $200, but the price by the time was just $2000. Now if I've kept hold of that without buying a mobile, then during the peak value of bitcoin the $200 could've got turned to $6500.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 04:05:43 PM

Yes, Crypto is more worth investing in than a car even if it's a Tesla, because the price will go down if there is a new series, even to make an old car takes a long time for a car to be considered antique, Tesla is not comparable to crypto.
It is clear, any real product that is considered obsolete or old will always drop in price and that is usually seen from the life of a product as well, whether it is a car or something else, so it is clear that in this case comparing crypto with Tesla is not worth it.
sammy21

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 02:21:27 PM

Yes, Crypto is more worth investing in than a car even if it's a Tesla, because the price will go down if there is a new series, even to make an old car takes a long time for a car to be considered antique, Tesla is not comparable to crypto.
It is clear, any real product that is considered obsolete or old will always drop in price and that is usually seen from the life of a product as well, whether it is a car or something else, so it is clear that in this case comparing crypto with Tesla is not worth it.
For me crypto is too valuable if only to be exchanged for a car even Tesla, A car will only be a consumable item that when we are bored we will let it go, the edge of crypto is different, the benefits of crypto will always be there and will not be eaten by time

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   SIGN UP   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   [      Twitter      ] [    Telegram    ]   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dota2bestplayer

Activity: 88
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 07:13:34 AM

If I hold enough Bitcoin, I will not use Bitcoin to buy Tesla. As we all know, Musk is the holder of Bitcoin. He proposed to use Bitcoin to buy Tesla. The purpose is to increase the circulation of Bitcoin and increase the value of Bitcoin. You can circulate Bitcoin to your own account. I personally think that the future value-added space of Bitcoin is very large. Buying Tesla with Bitcoin is particularly stupid. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency suitable for long-term holding. I will not arbitrage buying Tesla for short-term profits. We can wait and see the future appreciation of Bitcoin and Ethereum!
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2021, 10:28:17 AM

I would not change my crypto for any Tesla car. I still like cars with internal combustion engines even more. I like Porsche or Lamborghini better.
I think the same as you, I prefer models from Lamborghini or Porsche. electric cars are not that cool, nothing to be proud of from there and the development in my city still doesn't support charging electric cars well. I better keep hold my crypto and keep using public transport.

TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 10:48:40 AM

Hello everyone!

I think Tesla is a good coin and promises to be supported by major automotive companies, but I'm never in a hurry when investing in coins, I will analyze first their project and see detail before invest.

Did you even read the question? Or just shitpost here? Even if Tesla will issues its own coin or token, you would consider analysing Tesla inc ? What do you expect to see or what conclusion do you expect from your analysis? You wont get nothing new except Tesla works with profit and their product is demanded Smiley

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 11:06:40 AM

I wouldn't make this exchange and technically would swap all the Altcoins I have for BTC. It's a very simple thing to think about and do. Simplicity gives you a tranquility that other things don't. This thread was made in April, maybe there would be someone who would think about switching, but today I believe fewer people would make this swap. If you have perseverance and patience, you can get more "Tesla" after a certain period of time.
2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 11:11:20 AM

if I also had that many bitcoins, I might prefer to invest in real estate, or something else. for now, i may not want to exchange my crypto for tesla. however, so far, the assets I have are not enough for that. So, we better collect it first.  Grin
Even if it's enough, it's still very good to use it in a place other than you use it to buy a Tesla, because when you get bored with Tesla products, then you will be very difficult to resell them, not to mention the cost for maintenance which is sometimes very hard to find.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM