Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ShareSwitch FPGA - get a whole block reward while in a PPS/PPLNS public pool.  (Read 655 times)
embedder (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2022, 03:29:36 PM by embedder

Hi 4all!
Let me introduce my project of some additional mining equipment  Smiley

What's it?
This is a mining switch for ETH (BTC currently being tested).
If you find a block, it goes to the solo pool. Solo pools operate the same way as usual pools, with the only difference being that block reward is not distributed among all miners. The entire reward in a solo pool goes to the miner who finds the block.
For example, this guy found a Ethereum block 12211885 using about two video cards (86.7 MH/s). The entire reward was 30.22654 ETH. But he got only 0.0005 ETH of it...

What it's for?
During mining you continuously search for blocks (or "golden nonce"). To reduce payout variance, miners group into pools and share their income proportionally to their hashpower.
To determine each miner's hashpower, pools use a share system: when you are mining and find a block header of high difficulty but not high enough to be above the current target, you send it to the pool. These difficult-but-not-enough headers are called "shares".
Since finding them is way more frequent than blocks (miners often send several of them per second), no matter how small your hashpower is, it will still be taken in account at payout time even if you're unlucky. The more shares you send, the more hashpower you have, the bigger the share of the pool's income you will get. They are not broadcast to the bitcoin network, since they would be immediately rejected there and are of no value to anyone but the miner that found them and the pool software. But sometimes you find a block!

How does it work?
The ShareSwitch continuously analyzes the traffic between the miner and the pool. To do this, the device creates a clone of the miner and both pools inside itself. This must be done because network traffic sniffing/decryption in real time is too difficult and we have to create endpoints.
As a result, the miner thinks that it is connected directly to the pool, the pool(s) thinks that it is connected directly to the miner. In the middle, the device's core routes the data. If valid hash* is found, it will be forwarded to the solo pool. You can also set the percentage of shares sent to the solo pool and the usual pool. This will avoid being banned for inaction.

*most probably valid hash based on the global difficulty level.

What advantage?
Something similar has long been done with a proxy. This device has next advantages:
1. Very small delay. Typically about 1 ms at full load (4 miners connected).
2. High reliability. This works nearby and is controlled by the owner, unlike a proxy somewhere far away.
3. This cannot be identified from the pool side. Nothing changes for the pool.
4. Low power consumption (no more than 5W).
5. Advanced logic based on FPGA and dedicated controller Atheros AR9331.
6. Stylish green heatsink inside.

I posted some photos and diagrams in my GooglePhotos.

Updates will be soon  Smiley

UPD. April 26, 2021. WEB control board was added. Optimization of power consumption.
UPD. May 15, 2021. Automatic pool test added. This checks for key vulnerabilities and predicts success.
UPD. May 20, 2021. Website launched: https://shareswitch.online
UPD. June 7, 2021. The production of enclosures has been prepared. Cutting and marking files have been prepared.
UPD. June 28, 2021. The prototype has finished testing. Negotiations are underway to make a batch.
UPD. Aug 02, 2021. We have finally purchased all the components and the devices have gone into production! The order is available on our website.

I am glad to inform that we have finally purchased all the components and the devices have gone into production!
As promised, 5000 pieces were ordered. This allowed us to significantly reduce the cost of each unit!
The order is available on our website https://shareswitch.online
Youtube: https://youtu.be/SB6VW-VImzQ
Questions: sales@shareswitch.online

UPD. Aug 20, 2021. The whole batch was shipped!
UPD. Sep 15, 2021. First update is available.
UPD. Feb 14, 2022. Bridge feature added.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 08:02:02 PM

Hmmm...  Why the link to "app . goo . gl" being banned?..  Huh  https://photos.app.[Suspicious link removed]/BTfusP9QydBLaZSS8
JayDDee

Activity: 1388
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:50:32 PM

Because it's a scam and likely malware infected.

What you describe is impossible, each stratum connection only accepts hash produced
from the unique data it sent. It's invalid for any other stratum connection.

In fact what you are describing is a man in the middle attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack

embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2021, 09:33:29 AM

What you describe is impossible, each stratum connection only accepts hash produced
If the etherbase (for pplns and solo pools) is the same, then everything else - demon, task - is the same too. This is easy to check in explorer.
Next, you must specify which version (and implementation) of the EthereumStratum do you mean. Ethereum is a patchwork quilt and your declaration looks too bold. EthereumStratum != BTCStratum.

For Bitcoin, yes, this is a coinbase field problem what including extranonce. In the EthereumStratum v1 (v2 is not actually used) there are many more possibilities to manipulate this parameter. Many pools do not provide extranonce at all, using Id & job ID only.
Rest data can be easily swapped on the fly - this device contains a high-speed FPGA specialized in telecommunications.
During pplns retransmission, device can lazily palpate the both pools and choose the best hole (requests to change various parameters in the simplest case). This is not a stupid relay, it has advanced logic which is noticeable from the element base. For typical MITM it is overkill.
If it is impossible to work with this pool(s), it will signal. But on the verge of POS, no one is in a hurry to close vulnerabilities...

I am testing known BTCStratum vulnerabilities for now and I am not claiming btc at this stage.

P.S. Why should I infect my own device? Smiley
Ardvark69

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 09:37:07 PM

Because it's a scam and likely malware infected.

In fact what you are describing is a man in the middle attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack

Indeed this is impossible. We have software that detects if something like this is running and we ban the miner.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2021, 03:43:57 PM

Indeed this is impossible. We have software that detects if something like this is running and we ban the miner.

I'm a little lost. A week ago this was impossible due to a stratum connection. Now you talking about software to block the impossible.
Why block the impossible?  Huh
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 05:15:39 PM

WoolyPooly was attacked in a similar way recently.
I believe half of the young pools are subject to similar attacks. This is difficult to detect such at low hashrate. I first learned about this more than two years ago and continue to notice. This is the eternal struggle between good and evil  Sad
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2021, 09:53:45 PM

WoolyPooly was attacked in a similar way recently.
I believe half of the young pools are subject to similar attacks. This is difficult to detect such at low hashrate. I first learned about this more than two years ago and continue to notice. This is the eternal struggle between good and evil  Sad
It's a fight of skills. Yes, many vulnerabilities have been known over the years. Some were received recently. I have not invented anything new, I have only combined it all into a userfrendly device.
Because it is based an FPGA it can be updated via the internet for new vulnerabilities & algo.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 06:41:37 AM

If I have mining power to find block in reasonable timeframe, I don't need pool.
If I need pool, I don't need FPGASwitch because I don't have mining power to find block in reasonable timeframe.

embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2021, 07:31:16 PM

If I have mining power to find block in reasonable timeframe, I don't need pool.
If I need pool, I don't need FPGASwitch because I don't have mining power to find block in reasonable timeframe.
What you say means subsidizing the weak miners at the expense of the strong. But the pool is not created for charity.
In reality everyone has a chance to find a block. Even using one processor in Solo. You can do two iterations and find a golden nonce, or you can do two million iterations and find nothing. Everything depends on the starting nonce.

You choose a low salary and no bonus. Well, this is your choice.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 09:20:57 PM

But you are cheating.  If it works as you describe you are on pool when you only submit shares but not a found block.  When you do hit a block you do not share with pool.

So it clearly only benefits you and harms the pool.  Either solo mine or pool mine.  What you propose is to cheat the system.  That is not an honest approach.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2021, 02:28:33 PM

The truth is, it has been in use for years  Smiley Recently, a simple proxy server could route eth shares (on some pools this is still possible). In getwork days, it was used everywhere. I just made a simple one button device.
It's like VPN or tor. Complex technology, but there are solutions with one button.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 02:54:28 PM

Hey! Some news.
1. We will try to mount all the videos in a small movie soon.
2. Now we are negotiating the production of a batch. We agreed on two options - in a plastic case and naked (in transparent heat-shrink tube). Naked will be cheaper.
The price will depend on the quantity too. We have several hundred pre-orders now and are targeting one thousand devices. This is not the biggest batch for China... If we order five thousand, the price will drop by half. We hope that interest in the project will rise...
3. The end of testing is scheduled for mid-June.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 09:23:54 PM

So... The silicone crisis has affected all areas of electronics manufacturing. We cannot buy a couple of chips for our batch. We are negotiating the purchase from several warehouses, while I am not ready to predict the delivery time  Sad
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1064
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:56:44 PM

So... The silicone crisis has affected all areas of electronics manufacturing. We cannot buy a couple of chips for our batch. We are negotiating the purchase from several warehouses, while I am not ready to predict the delivery time  Sad
Your idea is intriguing (I believe it could work, just not sure its ethical, not debating, just giving my opinion) and it seems you possess the know how of what I was asking for a week or so ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5345317.0

Maybe you have some ideas while you are waiting chips for your project/equipment.

embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 05:13:37 AM

Maybe you have some ideas while you are waiting chips for your project/equipment.
My device can do this, but it's much easier to use the https://miningrigrentals.com/ IMHO
It is not necessary to rent on. Although sometimes it gives x2 to the market.
But this has a user-friendly interface for switching between coins and pools and any more controls the traffic.
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1064
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 05:35:20 AM

My device can do this, but it's much easier to use the https://miningrigrentals.com/ IMHO
It is not necessary to rent on. Although sometimes it gives x2 to the market.
But this has a user-friendly interface for switching between coins and pools and any more controls the traffic.
Yes, I have used them in the past and could still...I would just like to be in control of it all and not worry about anyone "borrowing" hash rate for free.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2021, 09:39:18 AM

Yes, I have used them in the past and could still...I would just like to be in control of it all and not worry about anyone "borrowing" hash rate for free.
I'm using the MRR for several years and they never stole hashrate...
You can of course use my device. But it will not be cost-effective. This uses a expensive FPGA to work.
Any open source router is your choice IMHO. OpenWrt etc.
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 01:58:08 AM

Do you have a vision when it will go on sale?..
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2021, 07:32:29 AM

Do you have a vision when it will go on sale?..
I hope no more than two weeks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: