Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ShareSwitch FPGA - get a whole block reward while in a PPS/PPLNS public pool.  (Read 655 times)
sergioheadache

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2021, 08:31:36 AM

id like to preorder

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 02:59:30 AM
Merited by FP91G (2)

This is a scam.

People tried doing this back in 2011 or so to cheat pools and this is why most pools send a special hash which if a block is actually found will credit the pool AND NOT the individual miner.

You get a hash sent from the pool where you generate your nonces and if you find one with a difficulty high enough, which results in a block, you CANNOT send that hash yourself to the network because it contains the info of the pool which will get credit for finding the block.

This is simply not possible and it seems people are already about to get scammed.

EDIT, what a poster above said is true. This is called a Man in the middle attack. Before anyone get scammed just do some googling first and you will see what he is describing is just not possible.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
embedder (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2021, 01:59:26 PM

you CANNOT send that hash yourself to the network
1. Do you understand that bitcoin's stratum2 is based on similar principleRoll Eyes 
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5331736.msg56872924#msg56872924
3. In getwork protocol, in 2011, in BTC, this worked great! And in chia for the past two months  Grin For this reason, the BTC stratum1 was launched. But I will repeat again: BTC stratum != eth stratum. Stratum1 != Stratum2 etc. If you undertook to criticize the project, specify the coin, the stratum version, the pool version, etc. Otherwise, it is philosophy.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 08:08:21 PM

I am not too technical with the details, but from what I understand it works like this. Pools implemented a type of safety to prevent this man in the middle attack from happening. So when a miner is sent a hash to "hash" and generate a nonce which is less than the difficulty, one of the parameters includes the pools info.

So miners end up hashing this code and if they find a block, the hash originally contains the pool info in the paramter. You cannot change this parameter after you find the nonce which solves the block. If you change the pool info, your entire nonce won't work since the hash will be different.

I don't know if you already know this and are trying to scam people or if you are innocent and you just don't know that its impossible. Either way, what you are proposing here is just not possible. It won't work. If you don't believe me choose some low hashrate ETH clone type coin OR fork your own and see if you can actually succeed in doing this.

Mine on your local pool and if you find a block, try and send that block to the network with your solo client, and see what happens. Most likely it will get rejected by the network or if it gets accepted the pool will get the block credit and not the one which sent it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

Activity: 1385
Merit: 220

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 12:53:24 AM

Yes it's a scam. Even if there is a bug in stratum used for eth it would be so obvious and easy to
exploit it would be common knowledge. The only reason to use an FPGA is to steal the
block from the miner who tried to sleal it in a true MIM attack, ie attack both ends.

That's *if* such a bug exists, and if it did it would have destroyed Eth mining by now.

malefactor

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 01:42:22 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2021, 01:52:42 PM by malefactor

scam.  taking the time to write this incase anyone has hope that it isn't, so I can save you some money.

here's the tell...  It's all marketing blah blah blah, with one slight nod to technical.  He copied some ideas/text from how real FPGAs are done.  But look how it is artfully danced around:

To do this, the device creates a clone of the miner and both pools inside itself. This must be done because network traffic sniffing/decryption in real time is too difficult and we have to create endpoints.

So, I have some questions:

• "clone of the miner and both pools".  What?  Why?  You're saying you are creating a hardware protocol in programmable logic?  OK, this is because you need microsecond response times?  Why?
  • "real time is too difficult".  No it's not.  The task is done in real time.  A malicious task could also be done in real time.  Also, what exactly do you mean by "real time", because I don't think that means what you think that means.  Software-driven-implementation delays on the order of miliseconds don't matter for mining.  Your task is single purpose; the reason smart firewall traffic sniffing & decryption is done with FPGA assist is to greatly expand the capabilities of the device.  This is not necessary or useful in your case.  You are not selling a general purpose device that must have broad and expandable capabilities to compete in a marketplace of similar devices.  You are selling a toaster, it does one thing only, and it's unique with zero competition.  It's far easier to implement everything you describe in software, but if you use only software you can't make the argument for asking for pre-orders because you have to fund physical device development (which is of course very expensive, made more expensive due to component shortages), can you?
  • "we have to create endpoints".  Right, I get it, you have to end the sentence with something that sounds like it matches.  Try harder next time, this makes no sense.  Your premise is not very complex.  By "endpoint" you mean "miner".  But "endpoint" sounds more technical, because that's hardware lingo (PCIe CEM spec among others).  All you're claiming to do is mine on two pools at once.  It's not rocket science.  It's not even particularly hard.  You open two sockets.
  • why do you need microsecond speed on a task that can see  milliseconds of delay without issue?  if you say "a millisecond is enough to lose a block", I respond:  that's ok if a rare event causes you to lose the block, because you're already implementing a ratio mechanism to prevent it from being obvious that you're cheating.  So this imprecision becomes a slight variance to your ratio.  

Bottom line:  usec speed isn't a requirement to do the task.  The use of an FPGA provides no value and is a complicated, difficult solution to something that can be easily done in software.

Can we just get this loser banned already, or does he have to successfully scam people first? 
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 01, 2021, 09:17:59 AM

Yes it's a scam. Even if there is a bug in stratum used for eth it would be so obvious and easy to
exploit it would be common knowledge. The only reason to use an FPGA is to steal the
block from the miner who tried to sleal it in a true MIM attack, ie attack both ends.
This has been known for a very long time. But you must have the Russian hacker level for this  Grin
https://miningclub.info/threads/woolypooly-ili-kak-kinut-pplns-majnerov-iz-za-sobstvennoj-zhadnosti.70514/

embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2021, 01:10:40 PM

adaseb
I am not too technical with the details
But that didn't stop you from calling the project a scam Wink

So miners end up hashing this code and if they find a block, the hash originally contains the pool info in the paramter.
ExtraNonce, yes, this is a problem in bitcoin's stratum1. But in ETH, the situation is somewhat different.
EthereumStratum1 does not have a mandatory ExtraNonce (except the mining.set_extranonce notice that can be rejected), but it have etherbase and task ID.
The etherbase hashed, but task ID and message id - not. Obviously, the solo pool will not accept a task with an incorrect ID and we have to repack the data asap.
It is expensive to have different nodes (for PPLNS and SOLO) and sometimes pools are tricky here. The daemon is the same, but the task changes a little. From the outside, it looks like different nodes, but a little traffic analysis allows you to determine this trick and use this. The task changes every 3 seconds (or less) and so I use Cyclone IV FPGA Smiley
This is the tip of iceberg known to everyone. There are also lesser-known vulnerabilities that I exploit. In any case, the ShareSwitch scans the pool first and tries to configure the most profitable exchange. And only then analyzes and changes the traffic. If the pool is well protected, this will inform the user.
Each pool's admin is lazy in his own way. And each pool has its own vulnerabilities. EthereumStratum2 has a range of ExtraNonces for each miner, for example. This opens up new possibilities and closes some outdated ones. Some of these vulnerabilities could have been closed years ago, but the developers are too lazy... Most likely, it will never be closed again, because there is a POS ahead.

If you don't believe me choose some low hashrate ETH clone type coin OR fork your own and see if you can actually succeed in doing this.
Wrong way. It does not depend on the hashrate. However, ETC has even more holes, eah...

Mine on your local pool and if you find a block, try and send that block to the network with your solo client, and see what happens.
I've explained to you how it works. It's a little more complicated than you imagine Smiley
But for example in Bitcoin Stratum V2 such a scenario is possible after some manipulations. I have a video where ASIC works in this mode.

JayDDee
used for eth it would be so obvious and easy to exploit it would be common knowledge
It is not easy to use and it has been known for a long time. It's just that every teenager could do it before, now you need an FPGA for this.

The only reason to use an FPGA is to steal the block from the miner who tried to sleal it in a true MIM attack, ie attack both ends.
So, can I steal the block or not? Wink
This device is placed between the miner and the router. There are thousands ways to uncover unnecessary connections and traffic. And of course it can be blocked at the router level. What is the point of such a scenario?

That's *if* such a bug exists, and if it did it would have destroyed Eth mining by now.
I'll just remind you that CryptoNight ASICs (Baikal Giant-N etc.) existed long before the official release and everyone claimed that this impossible.
The first FPGA miners for bitcoin did not appear in the RadioShack.
This device has been around for a long time too. This only manifests itself if you have found a block. If not, no one will notice the changes. Don't worry, POS will kill mining much earlier Wink

malefactor
You don't like FPGA, I see Smiley

He copied some ideas/text from how real FPGAs are done.
The real FPGAs are done on the factory. Your question about bitstream maybe?

OK, this is because you need microsecond response times?
Because it contains a lot of operations that the AR9331 will not be able to handle. AEAD, for example.

Software-driven-implementation delays on the order of miliseconds don't matter for mining.
Yep. But without FPGA, it will take seconds. The task changes every 3 seconds or less in ETH, do you know?

You are selling a toaster, it does one thing only, and it's unique with zero competition.
The iPhone is also very simple. Plastic and glass only. If you analyze it without any knowledge, of course Wink

It's far easier to implement everything you describe in software
Again an easy implementation of an impossible technology?.. Please decide: either it's impossible, or it's easy to implement?

you can't make the argument for asking for pre-orders because you have to fund physical device development (which is of course very expensive, made more expensive due to component shortages), can you?
The development is completed in April, check the publication dates. It could have been ready in May, but I couldn't buy the components until July.
No pre-order has been paid. No one has paid before. Keep your fantasies to yourself.

By "endpoint" you mean "miner".  But "endpoint" sounds more technical, because that's hardware lingo
By "endpoint" I mean endpoint. Learn the terminology first.

PCIe CEM spec among others
USB have endpoints and many other interfaces. It is a good practice to use Google before posting. No need to thank me, sir  Roll Eyes

All you're claiming to do is mine on two pools at once.  It's not rocket science.  It's not even particularly hard.
For all the mining platforms/OS in one box? You can implement it at any time and compete with me!

why do you need microsecond speed on a task that can see  milliseconds of delay without issue?
Because I know a little more than you do.

Bottom line:  usec speed isn't a requirement to do the task.  The use of an FPGA provides no value and is a complicated, difficult solution to something that can be easily done in software.
I will look at your developments with undisguised pleasure. Especially in FPGAs.

sergioheadache
id like to preorder
The devices are in production now. The sale is open on our website, welcome.
ZaebaloRegitsa4

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 10:02:16 PM

If the pool is well protected, this will inform the user.
Do I have to look into the web interface for control every time? If something changes on the pool during operation?
You said earlier it will be possible to adjust how many non gold shares to send to solo pool, but I don't see this in the interface.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2021, 10:35:46 PM

If the pool is well protected, this will inform the user.
Do I have to look into the web interface for control every time? If something changes on the pool during operation?
You said earlier it will be possible to adjust how many non gold shares to send to solo pool, but I don't see this in the interface.
Front panel LEDs indicate that operation cannot be continued. During this time, the device will operate as a straight bridge. Perhaps in the future I will add an e-mail notice.

This function has been removed, for most pools the required number of shares can be understood from the node version and other public parameters.
ZaebaloRegitsa4

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 01:28:27 PM

Will the EIP1559 be an obstacle to work?
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 01:46:42 AM

Will the EIP1559 be an obstacle to work?
Of course not. This will work until the POS.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 12:56:33 AM

So, the batch was made ahead of time and the first 50 devices left today! All buyers will receive automatic track notifications as they are sent.
The documentation will be available in your personal account, look for the link in the email.
It was difficult for us, but thank for your support to all buyers!  Cheesy

embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2021, 01:22:47 PM

The whole batch was shipped!
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2021, 04:49:06 AM

Dear customers! Please check spam folder for update link!
Thanks.
embedder (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2022, 03:25:48 PM

An important update for Chinese miners and other cypherpunks.

Now you can activate the bridge between any other device (for Chinese miners, devices outside of China are available for output only). 它有双重功能--它可以保护你的连接也没有人会发现你在挖任何加密货币可以让你获得全部奖励,而不是一部分.

These bridges mix your traffic randomly and encrypt with an additional key + salt between the bridges. This obfuscate your pool connections and makes traffic analysis difficult. At the local level this makes it impossible to understand what you are mining.
Unlike public VPN services, it does not use shared widely known servers and does not keep logs (because the device does not have free memory for this, ha-ha). This does not mix your mining traffic with other traffic that can identify you. The mining traffic usualy is very small and it is lost against the background of other legal data.

The work logic resembles a torrent: you use everyone and everyone uses you.

Please note that the feature will be enabled by default in the March update. 获取更多信息请联系我们。
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: