Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:35:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we have crypto Why people still buy stocks?  (Read 1386 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 07:03:34 PM

Because stocks are less volatile and predictable then crypto. Again, stocks are well known. Almost everyone has heard of what stock markets are. There are less "negativity" when it comes to stock. On other hand, crypto currencies are super volatile. Look at what one tweet can do to the market. You can't predict what is going to happen next. The media spreads too much cynical news about crypto. Hence people are more hesitant to invest in crypto. And some think that crypto currencies are too "techy" for them.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
FloridaKid

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 08:35:54 AM

I prefer crypto over stock but I can't live without stock either, a smart investor will always go for both because stock is base on real world properties which are visible unlike crypto which deals with everything digital via blockchain

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 10:52:28 AM

People still buy stocks because they are used into it and have knowledge about it. Not all people like stock and not all people knows crypto. Every person has their own choice either they choose to buy stock or crypto or both. It's up to the knowledge that a person have. Also investing in stock is less risky than in crypto which anytime you can have losses if the market movement is against your to your plan.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 11:34:42 AM

I think even though many stock traders switch to cryptocurrency, there are still many traders who remain loyal to stocks. we know crypto is highly volatile, so they still consider stocks to have a lower level of risk than crypto, while many traders switch to crypto because the current crypto trend is at its peak, so many are taking advantage of it.
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 798

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 11:40:13 AM

People still buy stocks because they are used into it and have knowledge about it. Not all people like stock and not all people knows crypto. Every person has their own choice either they choose to buy stock or crypto or both. It's up to the knowledge that a person have. Also investing in stock is less risky than in crypto which anytime you can have losses if the market movement is against your to your plan.

People who got used to buy stock sometimes don't like crypto since the heavy volatility what they can get on the market is so frustrating if they lose on their trades that's why others stock traders do a major adjustment when they enter on crypto and some of them just go back where they used to trade since they are afraid to risk an trade on high volatile market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 04:58:20 AM

Why people still buy stocks?
If with crypto much bigger profits *
3% daily gain is nothing If you can get 100% profit with Good coins pump.
How the Hell people Even get rich with stocks with so small profits? 

Classic example of someone who doesn’t understand how stocks work or frankly investing at large. Stocks represent a legal share of the ownership of a business. That’s why they have value, you’re literally an owner of the profits the company produces. Crypto is just driven by a bunch of people who are speculating that the price of crypto will go up. There’s no real reason in goes up other than mass agreement, and because that’s arbitrary there’s also no reason it can’t go down for the same reason. Expecting to make profit trading crypto in pumps is nothing more than buying a lottery ticket, and that’s the opposite of investing.

While it is tough to refute your argument logically, I would say buying Bitcoin is like buying a lottery ticket goes several steps too far. Once Bitcoin progresses technologically, the network gets monetized inherently through the frictions it solves that alternative systems inevitably bring about. Facebook is monetized through it advertisement, but when Facebook started out it didn't earn any money yet I wouldn't deem an investment a lottery ticket. There was quality talent and a vision involved, but sure the monetization mechanism is more obvious. Bitcoin internalizes externalities that, for example banks impose upon us. Does that make sense? Happy to have your feedback here.

If you own crypto, you own a proportion of the total supply of the currency. Everyone's heard of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency and many have also heard of ethereum. Since both are open sourced, you're paying for their security and immutibility solutions as well as additions that could be added to the coin. People with large stakes in a coin can adopt new technologies into the coin and, if they don't, the ecosystem is decentralised enough thst another chain should be able to take on that task and have people/companies move towards it and use it as they would bitcoin (eg the dominance of bitcoin has dropped below 50% now).

It's like saying the grocery store isn't worth anything because all of their produce comes from a farmer. An investment in a coin is an investment in its community and its devs. This is the whole reason why coins pump and why bitcoin can make 500% in a year but some random new idea coin can make 6000% in 3 months (once it's proved itself and its security).

Even though you described a different aspect of valuation than I did, it's also true what you just said. I stand by my words that buying a lottery ticket is different from buying a well established cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is an exit option to an existing financial system. A lottery ticket is not (neccssarily, it could be though Tongue).

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 05:06:51 AM

Classic example of someone who doesn’t understand how stocks work or frankly investing at large. Stocks represent a legal share of the ownership of a business. That’s why they have value, you’re literally an owner of the profits the company produces. Crypto is just driven by a bunch of people who are speculating that the price of crypto will go up. There’s no real reason in goes up other than mass agreement, and because that’s arbitrary there’s also no reason it can’t go down for the same reason. Expecting to make profit trading crypto in pumps is nothing more than buying a lottery ticket, and that’s the opposite of investing.

While it is tough to refute your argument logically, I would say buying Bitcoin is like buying a lottery ticket goes several steps too far. Once Bitcoin progresses technologically, the network gets monetized inherently through the frictions it solves that alternative systems inevitably bring about. Facebook is monetized through it advertisement, but when Facebook started out it didn't earn any money yet I wouldn't deem an investment a lottery ticket. There was quality talent and a vision involved, but sure the monetization mechanism is more obvious. Bitcoin internalizes externalities that, for example banks impose upon us. Does that make sense? Happy to have your feedback here.

If you own crypto, you own a proportion of the total supply of the currency. Everyone's heard of bitcoin and Cryptocurrency and many have also heard of ethereum. Since both are open sourced, you're paying for their security and immutibility solutions as well as additions that could be added to the coin. People with large stakes in a coin can adopt new technologies into the coin and, if they don't, the ecosystem is decentralised enough thst another chain should be able to take on that task and have people/companies move towards it and use it as they would bitcoin (eg the dominance of bitcoin has dropped below 50% now).

It's like saying the grocery store isn't worth anything because all of their produce comes from a farmer. An investment in a coin is an investment in its community and its devs. This is the whole reason why coins pump and why bitcoin can make 500% in a year but some random new idea coin can make 6000% in 3 months (once it's proved itself and its security).

Even though you described a different aspect of valuation than I did, it's also true what you just said. I stand by my words that buying a lottery ticket is different from buying a well established cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is an exit option to an existing financial system. A lottery ticket is not (neccssarily, it could be though Tongue).

I was arguing in your favour but thought it was a different perspective most people seem to ignore (the same people who think an investment in crypto is gambling).
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 09:05:35 AM

probably the reason why people still buying stock is because that stock will remained solid entity unlike bitcoin which is virtual and from any moment they can lose their investment and vanish like the air and yes they can also make great profit out of it, but people are smart and did not put their eggs into one basket they want to maximize what they have  and secure what they invest.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 09:08:50 AM

probably the reason why people still buying stock is because that stock will remained solid entity unlike bitcoin which is virtual and from any moment they can lose their investment and vanish like the air and yes they can also make great profit out of it, but people are smart and did not put their eggs into one basket they want to maximize what they have  and secure what they invest.
Stock aren't tangible maybe there are papers that prove your shares but they aren't tangible so they aren't that different with bitcoin. I think the main reason is that there are more investment companies out there that are dabbling on stocks rather than crypto and most old people are likely to advice you to invest in stocks since they themselves don't know what crypto is.
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:30:46 AM

My friends and I had a discussion regarding this topic and most of people still buying stocks until this day because the prospect of the stocks since it has the real physic and you can check of how they perform as well as the update from different medias.

Also most of the countries support stocks investment rather than Cryptocurrency, most of the users I have seen on social media have quite good experience with stocks(even though they probably lost a lot on there as well) so why would they buy cryptocurrency if stocks already gave them quite good income? If you are looking at their perspective.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 07:11:50 AM

There are many reasons that are why people Still invest in stock although we have cryptocurrency. Notable among these is the fact that in today's world many people are not fully aware of cryptocurrency and many people only have a general idea about it. Many people invest in the stock market because of their previous experience and do not have accurate knowledge of analyzing the differences between cryptocurrency and stock investing. Moreover, many are not encouraged to invest in the cryptocurrency market due to a lack of knowledge and skills. The volatility of the cryptocurrency market is considered to be one of the major obstacles to investing in it as many people do not like to take more risks. Moreover, due to some fraudulent projects, cryptocurrency has lost a lot of reputation and many people are reluctant to invest in it.

fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 08:21:22 AM

I was arguing in your favour but thought it was a different perspective most people seem to ignore (the same people who think an investment in crypto is gambling).

You could literally turn everything into a gamble if you wanted to. To me gambling is about individual mindset than a specific action alone. If you are a real estate guru and short the market because you think you know what you are doing, you are actually not a gambler to me whereas if the average Joe goes short with leverage because he read the headline in a newspaper that real estate is about to face a decline in value, that might very well be gambling.
It is the same with crypto. I think the generalization "crypto" is kind of wrong. I can invest in solid Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero or I can put money into bs coin hoping it pumps. Both is putting money into crypto while one might an investment and in the other a gamble.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 08:35:06 AM

because they Trust stocks as those has a real product and real investors , not like in crypto that still questionable for them and we can't blame those people.

We are tend to risk here , and same for them in stocks.
Mauser

Activity: 1834
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 08:40:55 AM

because they Trust stocks as those has a real product and real investors , not like in crypto that still questionable for them and we can't blame those people.

We are tend to risk here , and same for them in stocks.

We saw the risk involved in crypto currencies this week. Bitcoins dropped easily 10-20% in one single day. Such kind of volatility doesn't happen often in blue chip stocks. The average investors is usually risk averse, he looks for a way to save his wealth with some upside potential. The risk of losing all the money is too much for most investors.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 08:49:05 AM

its because they have a diamond hands to hold and wait for the best moment to sell and profit  .
have you noticed that many people in crypto complain about their losses but it wasnt for not having a diamond hands but its also the coin that they invest in .
 also not all have heard with cryptocurrencies but if you know a friend or relative that is still into stocks , you can recomend crypto trading and investing with them if you want more crypto users than in stocks
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 11:39:25 AM

If you are looking for short term investments or assets that you can trade for maximum  at higher risk returns crypto might be the right
so the main factors that should influence your choice might be volatility and the growth time-frame you are looking for.
Stocks are generally safer from fraud than crypto is
Stocks are heavily regulated, and most have to go through yearly audits in order to continue to be traded on the market. Because of the heavy scrutiny that comes with making your own stock, it's highly unlikely that the stocks that you invest in will be fraudulent.Crypto, on the other hand, is very prone to fraud due to its decentralized, unregulated nature. Not only do actual ICOs and cryptocurrencies have the potential of exit scams attached to them, but actual cryptocurrency exchange scandals mean that you could easily lose your portfolio fairly quickly.
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 11:49:48 AM

Stocks is mainly for long term and sure income. I believe its all in a matter of personal knowledge where you are comfortable with investing. Crypto's volatility is quite scary and some people aren't breed for it. Old and wise people know and understand that it is historically proven that stocks price goes up as time goes by meanwhile in crypto, it is quite stirred up with positive and negative feedbacks added with scam projects.
genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 02:33:31 PM

Involvement in the stock market provides a HUGE difference in flexibility, variability, and manipulations. Cryptocurrency is not yet as strong as the globalized market on stocks, as a large plethora of companies also rely some of their profitable side sources from their shares or proportions in the stock market. Accessibility is also very different in cryptocurrency, as it only involves mostly digital wallets.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2021, 07:31:18 PM

In my opinion, as someone who buys stock, investing stocks that works in the real industry much difference than just holding assets, and there are also many types of stock as example such banking, industry, etc. most people had tought stocks its long term investment with lowest risk and that is true.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 03:36:18 AM

There are many reasons people also invest in stocks. the stock risk has a smaller risk because it is not like crypto which has high fluctuations. on the other hand, with large capital and safety of funds many traders choose stocks to invest. and with the increasing popularity of bitcoin, many stock traders are also setting aside a small part of their capital to invest in bitcoin

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████