Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding 5 years a just a imagination  (Read 3393 times)
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 02:10:11 AM

Holding it does take a very long time and we have to choose correctly which coin to hold, dont let it go to waste by taking a long time not getting results in my opinion it is better to hold bitcoin or ethereum to do that and dont forget we must always monitor its movement 

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 02:27:25 AM

If you can keep holding coins for 5 years, then it would make you create huge profits but it also depends on what kind of coins your are holding. If you chose to keep altcoins, the risk is definitely high as we know already that there is pump and dump season that happens anytime so you should atleast consider to hold ethereum as it has high chances to survive in long term. I also suggest to hold bitcoin as it will always bound to recover after it falls, unlike shitcoins that will always end up dead coins and will leave you losing your capital.
Well, it's really hard to hold coins for 5 years, especially if you have a lot of assets. however, if planning to hold long term, I also choose to hold popular altcoins like Bitcoin, ETH, or BNB, and probably the most appropriate choice for that is bitcoin, because the pump sometimes starts from that. however, holding back for 5 years is hard enough, and we can do that by buying and forgetting. well, you will remember when the price really pump  Cheesy
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 05:22:40 AM

For level current price, I think decide to holding for 5 year is too long, because in this times duration, we will see trend of bearish. And we know when bearish season coming, all coins include BTC can be dump more than 80%. We should be ready for that skenario if we holding 5 years start from now.

bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2021, 08:16:08 AM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

what all your perspectives?

When talking about 5 years holding most of us declared this for Bitcoin and not for Shitcoin like NEM .

so basically your comparison is shitty to what is the correct treatment.

warg2017

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:09:57 AM

HODL is also a need for strategy, the coin you are HODL is generally bought in a bear market at a low price, so that the bull market can generally be several times, but if you with bad luck maybe the bull market has nothing to do with you. All in all, luck is important.
Any way, the easy way is investing in BTC all the time,any time.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  
HyunBin

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

SURVIVE | P2E

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:38:42 AM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

Maybe its not ideal for some cryptocurrencies to hodl for long term especially if there is no progress or development however if the cryptocurrency that you hodl is a potential coin then hodling it for long term as much as 5 years is a good way to get a huge amount of profit.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀           ▀▀██████
█████▀                 ▀█████
██████       ▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
██████▄                 ▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄       ██████
█████▄                 ▄█████
██████▄▄           ▄▄██████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Survive│P2E
O N L Y   O N E
W I L L   L A S T
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2021, 11:09:58 AM

For level current price, I think decide to holding for 5 year is too long, because in this times duration, we will see trend of bearish. And we know when bearish season coming, all coins include BTC can be dump more than 80%. We should be ready for that skenario if we holding 5 years start from now.

For someone who can afford to live a normal life without touching his BTC savings, 5 years is nothing. The temptation to sell everytime there's a bull run event will always be there. So holding for 5 years harder than everyone imagine.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:15:05 PM

some of my friends have done that and proven to be able to get a lot of profit with 5 years of results, but he applies day trading and long-term investment so that he can get additional income from his daily trading to survive and long-term investment in bitcoin has proven to be profitable. a lot of profit and is now a rich man.

A combination of strategy also needs a good knowledge within the  venue of investment that you'll going to take,

your friend really made it as he combine long and short trading, it's about the strategy and the way you see and

percepts the possibilities, not a risk free but have a good chance to earn decently.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:20:22 PM

For someone who can afford to live a normal life without touching his BTC savings, 5 years is nothing. The temptation to sell everytime there's a bull run event will always be there. So holding for 5 years harder than everyone imagine.
Those who need the money tend to sell early than expected because it’s really hard to hold if you depend too much on Bitcoin so I suggest invest the money that you think you don’t need in the next 5 years, this is the only way to stay hold. I also see big changes on the top position in term of marketcap so if you are going to hold, make sure it is a good project and worth the wait.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:47:09 PM

this is pure clear fact on determining your choice of investment. most projects has disappeared from the top 10. these are all long term project. Not only Nem was declared a long term project. 70% of all the coins in the top 100 CMC are latest investment of 2018 till date. As you invest your funds, make sure to stay updated on trends and market movement to avoid missing out.

Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:57:47 PM

this is pure clear fact on determining your choice of investment. most projects has disappeared from the top 10. these are all long term project. Not only Nem was declared a long term project. 70% of all the coins in the top 100 CMC are latest investment of 2018 till date. As you invest your funds, make sure to stay updated on trends and market movement to avoid missing out.
And considering holding for 5 years, you will certainly be missing some opportunity. I'm not sure if there someone could do that, yeah, it is a sort of motivation but the question is if that really works and profiting coz I feel not.
Maybe we could say "I hold until the next Bullrun will come" that will be more on reality. May it takes time, years to wait but at least we are sure that we never miss something and we can sell them when Bullrun comes.

███████▄████████████▄██████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 11:03:03 PM

It depends on what you are holding and your patience to wait that long. We can't foretell what can happen next 5 years, some that are in the top marketcap can be replaced by any other coin or even new coins since people creating new projects and idea pops up everyday. There are a lot of coins that can be worthy holding long-term, some might become stale in price next 5 years or some would increase to hubdreds and even thousand folds. Just imagine the idea of those who has diamond hands who were able to keep their crypto for a long time and the profit they are enjoying now even in the bear market. It can be worth the risk and wait.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2021, 11:18:57 PM

~~~

everyone has a different view on this. some think that the longer the coin is stored, the more its value will increase. there are also those who prefer to just wait, it is better to take advantage of every moment of price movement to take advantage.
saving a long time is not a guarantee that the price will go up, this depends on the potential of the coins you hold. we also have to be able to analyze the market, update news, and the latest info related to cryptocurrencies in order to get the right timing.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2021, 11:27:34 PM

I have many altcoins sitting on my wallet for 5 years now, Most of them are dead but I still have valued coins such as DOGE. Honestly, I just discovered recently that my old wallets still have valuable coins that are waiting for me to sell, I just sold some of them and some of them will sit for more years now.  I think major coins like BTC, ETH and others will have a hard time sitting on a wallet but I believe there are some rare people holding their assets for that long.
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 11:34:04 PM

Holding to have a huge profit in the future is depends on what kind of coins you are going to hold. If you are going to hold those shitcoins, you just hold and wait for your losses instead of profit. 5 years of holding is not a joke and if you invest a huge capital to hold, be sure that you put a deep research about the coins you hold for long term. Those coins with already a strong foundation in crypto market is the best choice for me.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 11:39:52 PM

It is true that we need to hold the right one to profit. By the time I want to make it clear. NEM is a potential cryptocurrency, because no one might've experienced loss out of it. The profiting might be low. Unexpected things happen with the cryptocurrency which is the reason it is stated as high risk investment. As in the opening post investing on the top cryptocurrencies at the present and leaving for next five years will assure with profit unlike the bear and bull trend of the market.

Even now NEM isn't a bad choice, because it has reached its ath value close to $1. The present price is very low and can be considered for the purpose of investing.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jamkesmas

Activity: 440
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 11:41:36 PM

if you can do that then it is certain that when you bought bitcoin 5 years ago then you should now be able to become rich, investing in cryptocurrency if you apply it on an annual basis you can earn a lot of profit.

sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 11:54:52 PM

Do keep in mind that not every coin is suitable for long-term investment. I doubt they would be able to even survive in next 5 years.

If you want to actually hold coin for 5 years then Bitcoin and Ethereum are just your top picks, nothing else. The potentials are too high to miss and you wouldn't want to actually miss the profit and the benefit they offer when you hold it. Or if you still not satisfied with the result, then just simply hold gold because there is nothing wrong with that.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
lexkiee28

Activity: 368
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 01:44:12 AM

For me I do believed on hodling long termly knowing that some of my colleagues become rich doing these long term hodling however you must really need to find a potential gems that is good in long term investment so that you will really get a good amount of profit. And in order for you to be successful doing a 4-5 years hodling you must really do a deep research on your prospected potential gem.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 03:39:43 AM

I have many altcoins sitting on my wallet for 5 years now, Most of them are dead but I still have valued coins such as DOGE. Honestly, I just discovered recently that my old wallets still have valuable coins that are waiting for me to sell, I just sold some of them and some of them will sit for more years now.  I think major coins like BTC, ETH and others will have a hard time sitting on a wallet but I believe there are some rare people holding their assets for that long.
Maybe there is, as they can really afford to do it without bothering themselves to check it from time to time. People who usually check their portfolio every day are those people who set no time-frame of holding and they will sell their holding at any time if they saw some profit.

But for myself, I can't guarantee that I could do that. Maybe 1 year of holding could be done but 5 years, I can't imagine myself waiting for that long.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: