Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39368 times)
orbit887

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 03:56:27 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding up the node syncing at all? I had it at first going over WiFi, and it only ever had 10 connections running, and was very very slow. I've now moved it to be connected via an ethernet cable and it is still only reaching 10 connections on the node to sync. It's been running for about 3 days now and is only still at 77% complete, and climbing slower and slower with the more blocks it pulls in. My connection here is fast, but this syncing is slower than I'd expected.

Any ideas, or is it just a case of waiting it out and hoping it makes more than 10 connections with more time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jota_US

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 04:17:16 PM

short versions of the log in chrome

note: 208 dropouts

https://i.imgur.com/b4WuGLw.png

https://i.imgur.com/w9PUfon.png

sample of the log
and I highlighted the 30 second plus one that stopped the miner

https://i.imgur.com/TjXUNOs.png

Thanks I will try that. Internet is pretty good but if there are small drop outs I may not notice. The LTC miner does not stop though and the BTC node either.

Internet connection monitor shows 0 drops in connection since I last posted. The miner also never stopped during that time so it may have been some internet dropouts in the past that caused it indeed.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 05:01:48 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2021, 10:16:15 PM by gt_addict

Ok so received my unit from bitshopper. Excellent updates and services as always.

Few issues:-

1)  Web UI doesnt update/shows inactive even when pool side reports hashing (known issue)
2)  No Red led light at the front at all, even after multiple reboots.
3)  Initial setup was done through the Web UI, But now when I plug in a monitor and try to log in it says "incorrect password"

Any way to rectify numbers 2&3?

Thanks.

EDIT:-

Solved numbers 2 & 3.

2) the led is disconnected. Not sure how but it looks like it hasnt been soldered on properly. Hopefully I can sort that myself.

3) I totally missed the “futurebit123” password on the first page  Embarrassed

Managed to find an hdmi and usb keyboard/mouse combo so using the OS for now. Would prefer to use the web gui though when an update to the software is available.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 09:40:59 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding up the node syncing at all? I had it at first going over WiFi, and it only ever had 10 connections running, and was very very slow. I've now moved it to be connected via an ethernet cable and it is still only reaching 10 connections on the node to sync. It's been running for about 3 days now and is only still at 77% complete, and climbing slower and slower with the more blocks it pulls in. My connection here is fast, but this syncing is slower than I'd expected.

Any ideas, or is it just a case of waiting it out and hoping it makes more than 10 connections with more time?

Make sure port 8333 is forwarded on your router, that will allow you to get more connections
gt_addict

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 10:29:27 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2021, 12:41:23 AM by gt_addict

How do you port forward exactly. Never done it before. Noob here lol

EDIT:

Managed to get forwarding set up. Now got 22/32 connections

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

heslo

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 01:42:06 AM

How do you port forward exactly. Never done it before. Noob here lol

EDIT:

Managed to get forwarding set up. Now got 22/32 connections

Good shit my dude; now you're properly running a node Smiley
gt_addict

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 05:18:35 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2021, 06:20:54 AM by gt_addict

Well I thought I had it but I havent. Miner restarted and now stuck at 10 connections again. I've checked the port is open with various checkers online and the IP address for the Apollo is static. Also allowed port access with my firewall (not that it should affect the router I suppose as its on my main PC). But still its stuck at 10 connections.

orbit887

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 06:33:53 AM

Make sure port 8333 is forwarded on your router, that will allow you to get more connections

Yep I've got that port open, have even added 18333 to see if that made any difference, but it never rises above 10 connections to the node unfortunately.
heslo

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 09:53:52 AM

Well I thought I had it but I havent. Miner restarted and now stuck at 10 connections again. I've checked the port is open with various checkers online and the IP address for the Apollo is static. Also allowed port access with my firewall (not that it should affect the router I suppose as its on my main PC). But still its stuck at 10 connections.

What do the online port checkers say? That the port is open?

You'll have to forward the port on your router too if you've only forwarded it on the firewall (I may be understanding what you wrote incorrectly)
gt_addict

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 10:34:26 AM

Yea the online checkers say its open.

I have an Archer VR900 router and enabled static ip for the apollo and set up the apollo IP and port 8333 in the “NAT Forwarding” section of the router (there is no port forwarding option so guessing from my research that was the correct area).

heslo

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 11:22:50 AM

I have an Archer VR900 router and enabled static ip for the apollo and set up the apollo IP and port 8333 in the “NAT Forwarding” section of the router (there is no port forwarding option so guessing from my research that was the correct area).

From my knowledge NAT forwarding is different than port forwarding but I'm no expert in this area; perhaps try this

https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/setting-port-forwarding-tp-link-router/
gt_addict

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 02:18:37 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2021, 02:35:54 PM by gt_addict

From my knowledge NAT forwarding is different than port forwarding but I'm no expert in this area; perhaps try this

https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/setting-port-forwarding-tp-link-router/

Thanks for looking that up. That is what I've done. I was at work this morning after hardly any sleep and couldn't remember the term TP-Link used for it. But thats exactly what I have done.

Also that Red led is tiny! tried to solder it back on but its having none of it. I guess I better get in contact with the support people and ask what to do about it.

heslo

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 10:01:29 PM

Thanks for looking that up. That is what I've done. I was at work this morning after hardly any sleep and couldn't remember the term TP-Link used for it. But thats exactly what I have done.

Also that Red led is tiny! tried to solder it back on but its having none of it. I guess I better get in contact with the support people and ask what to do about it.

Damn, sorry I can't help you further my man; perhaps support can suggest something?
Kindpker

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 02:37:37 AM

Where are the logs? I’m used to the cmd in windows I don’t see anything except hash rates. What shares/size/block info?
krystalscottme

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 06:30:07 AM

Known Issues

• shutdown/restart system functions in dashboard dont work. Workaround: you need to shutdown from the OS menu with a connected monitor
  • reflashing your SD card will wipe your SSD drive as well on first boot. Workaround: remove the SSD drive before first boot if you already have data on it, shutdown then re-install SSD drive
  • rare bug on some units where the webUI dashboard does not show Apollo Stats, if you have this issue please email us so we can find the source of the bug

FAQ

Q: The miner dashboard shows offline, or keeps going offline when when I restart it
A: Either your device does not have a proper internet connection, or your pool url and credentials are incorrect. Do NOT include the stratum+tcp:// part in the url, and make sure your username and password are correct, they are case sensitive in some pools. If you did not setup a password with your pool working, do not leave the password field blank, but in something random (ie 1, x, etc).

Q: I have a full package unit and one or more standard units. Some Standard units show 0 hashrate or dont start hashing right away
A: USB Driver is a bit finicky for the USB controller on the hashboard. It can take several minutes for the controller to establish a good connection to the Standard unit and start hashing, so please wait 10-15 minutes and it should start up on its own. If you keep pressing restart the software won't have time to properly start up the hashboards.

Hi
Im one of those that bought a full node, and standard unit and dont seem to have any data using http:local-ip access  (though the node shows up all data) but I can access all the information when plugging a screen in to the full-node's hdmi port

Additionally, ive plugged the standard unit into all 3 usb ports on the full node and cant get it to start mining (even after waiting over an hour each time) - nor can I get it to mine plugged into my pc using your windows binaries

TooTall68

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 06:12:13 PM

Had connected to ethernet for hours - never showed on router.  thanks for info on PSU. 

Found an HDMI - DVI adapter - tried direct connect monitor to HDMI on FutureBit - monitor is now dead completely - won't even work on my main system.  Great.

Why must everything turn into a "project"? Right now it's just another non-functional toy.

Yes you will need a power supply for the standard unit, if you have enough connections on the existing PSU it might be able to power both (but it seems like you bought the full version with a 200w psu).

Personally I use server PSUs from Parallelminer, so a 750w unit powers 2 units.

In terms of obtaining an IP, it does take some time to register.  The Apollo makes it relatively easy to find since the name will pop up as FutureBit and not just some random set of letters or numbers.

I have full version and hash board version.

Do I need another power supply for hash-only?  I'm guessing that's a redundant question and the answer is yes.  Don't know why I did not understand that on order.  Probably because I saw the picture with 3 units daisy-chained together via USB.  Pics are powerful and can override common sense, I guess.

More importantly, I obviously do not know what I'm doing.

Connected included power supply to full version, connected ethernet (wired straight to router - line is good).  Pulled power from Router and rebooted it.  THEN and only then, did I power up the Futurebit.

SPECTRUM is my provider - 300Mbps. 

I see by the Ethernet Port's indicator lights on the FutreBit that it is "talking" to the router.

I cannot find an IP address for the FutureBit to set it up.  There are NO "not-connected" devices listed on my Router gateway. 

I do not have an HDMI monitor nor wired keyboard/mouse, so was relying on Ethernet connectivity @ router to setup.

I can find IP for everything else - wireless and wired - on my entire network. 

Spectrum has obfuscated most settings by making you go through a phone ap now.  Yes, I am using their equipment.  Yes, I know I should tell them to shove it and buy my own, but that's another day.

Any suggestions beyond:

(1) getting another power supply for the hash-board only version (duh, I think)
(2) cannibalizing my 3 screen legacy desktop setup and buy a DVI - HDMI adapter and cheap-0 wired keyboard and mouse?

This is my first mining experience with anything.  I have traded crypto for years - but the hardware side of things is a bit confounding to me.

Spectrum's router nonsense is very annoying as well.  Used to be able to go in and easily do DHCP/Port forwarding, etc. - now that's difficult.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Not all monitors will work with the controller. The HDMI controller and GPU that drives it is pretty basic so anything other than a straight HDMI monitor with standard resolutions/size probably won't work.

Shoot us an email if your still have issues and well get you up an running.

After trying an old NEC Multisync (1024 x768), then a SyncMaster (1600 x 1200) DVI (both failed miserably - as in worked for a second) I bought a portable KYY 1080p monitor - perfect. 

Now logged in & @ 96.7% of blockchain synched; 10/32 connections.

Status light on front has NEVER come on, not once.

SPECTRUM's stupid interface DOES NOT SHOW ME the FutureBit.  It's connected and has an assigned IP addy  FROM MY ROUTER!!!!!!!  Their "Ap" they FORCE you to use with THEIR router DOES NOT SHOW THIS DEVICE!

Craziest thing I've ever seen.  Buying my own router - eff the cable guys.  Thankfully, the setup is NOT an all-in-one and modem is separate.

Signed up with SLUSH as I'm new to the hardware side of BC, so it is connected and hashing (1.9 - ECO MODE), but again, NO STATUS LIGHT on front - ever.  Ethernet traffic is obviously working, it's mining as shown on FB desktop and SLUSH

gt_addict

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 07:00:23 PM

Tootall68, my front led doesnt work either. The led has not been soldered properly or been knocked off. Its so small to try and solder on. Ive ordered new iron tips which are smaller and also messaged furturebit asking for the specs for the LED so I can try and replace it.

TooTall68

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 09:03:55 PM

Tootall68, my front led doesnt work either. The led has not been soldered properly or been knocked off. Its so small to try and solder on. Ive ordered new iron tips which are smaller and also messaged furturebit asking for the specs for the LED so I can try and replace it.

Did see a couple others mentioned same thing.

Having frustration fun.

The monitor issue was my biggest problem - nothing I have would work until I got the $150 portable 1080p.  Weird.

Also, others have reported being unable to "find" or "see" the ipaddress - outside of the dashboard where it shows plain as day.  Also Weird.
heslo

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 09:08:51 PM

Had connected to ethernet for hours - never showed on router.  thanks for info on PSU. 

Found an HDMI - DVI adapter - tried direct connect monitor to HDMI on FutureBit - monitor is now dead completely - won't even work on my main system.  Great.

Why must everything turn into a "project"? Right now it's just another non-functional toy.

Yes you will need a power supply for the standard unit, if you have enough connections on the existing PSU it might be able to power both (but it seems like you bought the full version with a 200w psu).

Personally I use server PSUs from Parallelminer, so a 750w unit powers 2 units.

In terms of obtaining an IP, it does take some time to register.  The Apollo makes it relatively easy to find since the name will pop up as FutureBit and not just some random set of letters or numbers.

I have full version and hash board version.

Do I need another power supply for hash-only?  I'm guessing that's a redundant question and the answer is yes.  Don't know why I did not understand that on order.  Probably because I saw the picture with 3 units daisy-chained together via USB.  Pics are powerful and can override common sense, I guess.

More importantly, I obviously do not know what I'm doing.

Connected included power supply to full version, connected ethernet (wired straight to router - line is good).  Pulled power from Router and rebooted it.  THEN and only then, did I power up the Futurebit.

SPECTRUM is my provider - 300Mbps. 

I see by the Ethernet Port's indicator lights on the FutreBit that it is "talking" to the router.

I cannot find an IP address for the FutureBit to set it up.  There are NO "not-connected" devices listed on my Router gateway. 

I do not have an HDMI monitor nor wired keyboard/mouse, so was relying on Ethernet connectivity @ router to setup.

I can find IP for everything else - wireless and wired - on my entire network. 

Spectrum has obfuscated most settings by making you go through a phone ap now.  Yes, I am using their equipment.  Yes, I know I should tell them to shove it and buy my own, but that's another day.

Any suggestions beyond:

(1) getting another power supply for the hash-board only version (duh, I think)
(2) cannibalizing my 3 screen legacy desktop setup and buy a DVI - HDMI adapter and cheap-0 wired keyboard and mouse?

This is my first mining experience with anything.  I have traded crypto for years - but the hardware side of things is a bit confounding to me.

Spectrum's router nonsense is very annoying as well.  Used to be able to go in and easily do DHCP/Port forwarding, etc. - now that's difficult.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Not all monitors will work with the controller. The HDMI controller and GPU that drives it is pretty basic so anything other than a straight HDMI monitor with standard resolutions/size probably won't work.

Shoot us an email if your still have issues and well get you up an running.

After trying an old NEC Multisync (1024 x768), then a SyncMaster (1600 x 1200) DVI (both failed miserably - as in worked for a second) I bought a portable KYY 1080p monitor - perfect. 

Now logged in & @ 96.7% of blockchain synched; 10/32 connections.

Status light on front has NEVER come on, not once.

SPECTRUM's stupid interface DOES NOT SHOW ME the FutureBit.  It's connected and has an assigned IP addy  FROM MY ROUTER!!!!!!!  Their "Ap" they FORCE you to use with THEIR router DOES NOT SHOW THIS DEVICE!

Craziest thing I've ever seen.  Buying my own router - eff the cable guys.  Thankfully, the setup is NOT an all-in-one and modem is separate.

Signed up with SLUSH as I'm new to the hardware side of BC, so it is connected and hashing (1.9 - ECO MODE), but again, NO STATUS LIGHT on front - ever.  Ethernet traffic is obviously working, it's mining as shown on FB desktop and SLUSH

I know it's kinda OT but if you're in the market for a new router, consider the Asus AX88U or any of those series. Couple it with come custom firmware like Merlin and you've got a very powerful router
gt_addict

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 09:17:07 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2021, 10:55:00 PM by gt_addict

Did see a couple others mentioned same thing.

Having frustration fun.

The monitor issue was my biggest problem - nothing I have would work until I got the $150 portable 1080p.  Weird.

Also, others have reported being unable to "find" or "see" the ipaddress - outside of the dashboard where it shows plain as day.  Also Weird.

Yea its all Batch 1 fun. Hopefully a good software update will sort most things. I plugged it straight into my asus 27” monitor (only a year old) and worked fine. Will only come up as 1080p so looks kinda odd compared to my 1440p main pc but still it worked atraight away. IP scanner detected the unit aswell, although it came up as an HTTP address unlike anything else on my network. Once i expanded the option it was designated as futurebit.

EDIT:-

managed to file down a solder tip and resolder the Front LED. Turns out I had it on backwards the first time *facepalm*.

Now unfortunately the CPU fan is making a terrible racket. Tightened it up as Phillipma1957 did with his but its made no difference. Would it be because its a sleeve bearing and being run upside down??

Now getting "internal stats error" even when connected to a monitor and keyboard. A reboot hasnt sorted it. Don't really want to flash the SD Card again if I can help it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: