Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39697 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 04:13:49 PM

Hi

in the dashboard my Apollo always show:
Code:
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input

I did reboot or reset the device but always the same error...  Huh

Shoot us an email with this error, we are trying to debug and see what's causing it since we have received more than one report of it. Also send your configuration environment (just full Apollo package, or 1 or more standards connected, wifi vs ethernet etc).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gigahashes

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:43:32 PM

Question about "DISK /MEDIA/NVME USAGE". I'm getting close to the 457.45 GB limit. Are there instructions for adding more space? Thanks!

I'm also here looking for answers to this question, I'm finding my main miner is getting disconnected, its still showing up on the wifi but i can't access the miner

is the M.2 slot NVMe or is it sata?
NVMe. Don't know if it'll accept sata.

I replaced the SSD with a Crucial P2 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD, found one for a really good price on ebay, it has now fully synched, it took just over two days and is reporting:

455.35 GB
Blockchain Size
Remaining Space: 52.59%

Hope this helps.
BlazeB

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 07:31:21 PM

Is there a command I can run to stop / start the miner?  I would like to set a cron job to stop the miner during peak electric rates.
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 09:42:32 PM

Look back a few pages, someone posted a nice script for just that
jiminica

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2022, 09:17:19 PM

So I just got a batch 3 miners and several standards.   This should have been an easy put to complete.  However, I have the nodes up and running, but cannot get the miner to mine.  The light is solid red.  and the fan on top is not rotating.  I replaced that miner with another one I purchased, and the same thing.  They are set to ECO.  What am I missing?

I have tried several times to start the miner (btw, the first unit did mine for 5 minutes) and now nothing.  The second one did nothing out the box.

Suggestions?
WLColsher

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 02:09:22 AM

I think some more information is needed here.

First, just to verify:
1) you have 2 "full" units and "several" standard units
2) the 2 "full" units have dowloaded the blockchain and are running as nodes
3) None of the units, full or standard are mining
4) You're using the supplied PSUs or have one or more PSUs supplying at least 250 watts per unit (80% rule)

If all that is correct, then the first thing I'd try is to simplify everything:
1) shut everything down using the web interface, then disconnect everything
2) select one of the full units and connect it to internet and power
3) Turn on the selected full unit
4) Describe the selected unit's behavior as it powers on including the "main" LED and the colored ones inside the unit. There's a description of what should happen way back at the top of this thread.

appleguy

Merit: 4

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 10:43:24 PM

I am running ubuntu on a computer and want to see if I can get all the software up and running before deciding whether to buy the full or the standard package.  I got the binary installed, but it is throwing errors about usb, so I see now that it will not run without editing the start_apollo.sh with my correct usb port connected to a miner and all the other settings in place to connect to a pool.  looking at the web ui, it is over my pay grade to install and run for sure.  hopefully there will be some better instructions for those of us that are not unix wizards, but don't want to buy the full package when I have a perfectly capable intel nuc sitting here that should suffice for the purpose.  I know the developer wants to get millions of people like me running miners from home, but I will need more help to do it, or be stuck buying the full package.  has anyone gotten the web ui working on a diy ubuntu setup, and would be willing to give me some help to do it?  Since I already have a perfectly good computer, I would rather spend more money on standard units.  I hope they come back in stock soon!  any updates on batch 4 availability?
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2022, 02:37:49 AM

I am running ubuntu on a computer and want to see if I can get all the software up and running before deciding whether to buy the full or the standard package.  I got the binary installed, but it is throwing errors about usb, so I see now that it will not run without editing the start_apollo.sh with my correct usb port connected to a miner and all the other settings in place to connect to a pool.  looking at the web ui, it is over my pay grade to install and run for sure.  hopefully there will be some better instructions for those of us that are not unix wizards, but don't want to buy the full package when I have a perfectly capable intel nuc sitting here that should suffice for the purpose.  I know the developer wants to get millions of people like me running miners from home, but I will need more help to do it, or be stuck buying the full package.  has anyone gotten the web ui working on a diy ubuntu setup, and would be willing to give me some help to do it?  Since I already have a perfectly good computer, I would rather spend more money on standard units.  I hope they come back in stock soon!  any updates on batch 4 availability?
I'm looking into wiping the microcontroller of my full unit very soon. I'll install a stock Linux OS like OpenSUSE or Debian and my goal is to get the binary and web UI onto it. Then connecting the hashboard to the controller with a short USB cable. But the instructions and setup that I'm going to compile in an own thread here, are going to work for any other type of host.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jiminica

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 03:24:14 AM

First, just to verify:
4) You're using the supplied PSUs or have one or more PSUs supplying at least 250 watts per unit (80% rule)

4) Describe the selected unit's behavior as it powers on including the "main" LED and the colored ones inside the unit. There's a description of what should happen way back at the top of this thread.

The two full units are in the midst of downloading the block chain. Started yesterday and is about 64% complete.

I am using the PSU provided by Apollo.   The Full units were not mining.  I did several restarts, shut downs, power cycle.  On a whim this morning, being Easter, after shutting it down, I got one full unit mining.  Then I saw your response.   So Thanks for validating I was doing.  I did make sure, I shut the node down first, before rebooting, or power cycling.

Now I'm running into the 8333 port not being open.  I did the port forwarding on my ATT BGW320 for 8333.  But I'm still getting 10/32 connections.

What else am I missing?
heslo

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 05:42:19 AM

First, just to verify:

The two full units are in the midst of downloading the block chain. Started yesterday and is about 64% complete.

I am using the PSU provided by Apollo.   The Full units were not mining.  I did several restarts, shut downs, power cycle.  On a whim this morning, being Easter, after shutting it down, I got one full unit mining.  Then I saw your response.   So Thanks for validating I was doing.  I did make sure, I shut the node down first, before rebooting, or power cycling.

Now I'm running into the 8333 port not being open.  I did the port forwarding on my ATT BGW320 for 8333.  But I'm still getting 10/32 connections.

What else am I missing?

Fairly certain I didn't get more than 10 or so connections until my node was synched
WLColsher

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 03:19:48 PM

First, just to verify:

What else am I missing?

Fairly certain I didn't get more than 10 or so connections until my node was synched

Exactly - you'll see it run up to 31 or 32 once you're synced.
quickmr2

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 04:47:33 PM

When will be able to run a lightning node and how would i connect my storage wallet to my node?
appleguy

Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 06:57:18 PM

I'm looking into wiping the microcontroller of my full unit very soon. I'll install a stock Linux OS like OpenSUSE or Debian and my goal is to get the binary and web UI onto it. Then connecting the hashboard to the controller with a short USB cable. But the instructions and setup that I'm going to compile in an own thread here, are going to work for any other type of host.

thanks!  I'm hoping you do that.  please let me know.  why not use ubuntu since that is what the original is based on?
heslo

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 08:42:03 PM

When will be able to run a lightning node and how would i connect my storage wallet to my node?

This is what I want to know as well; it's been nearly a year of ownership for me and I've wanted this functionality from day one Sad
jiminica

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 02:24:05 AM

First, just to verify:

What else am I missing?

Good to know, I'm almost there.  96%. If I can get the other full miner going, any way to short cut, downloading the node?

I know with Monero, I was able to download, and get it indexed.   Any similar process for bitcoin?
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 02:28:08 AM

Good to know, I'm almost there.  96%. If I can get the other full miner going, any way to short cut, downloading the node?

I know with Monero, I was able to download, and get it indexed.   Any similar process for bitcoin?
There is nothing like a 'official download' of the blockchain(and it is a bad idea), but if you already have one node, you could copy its blocks directory to the other node's SSD and then start it up. Bitcoin Core detects that the directory changed and starts indexing it without redownloading everything. Keep in mind that on many such small board computers you spend more time verifying (computationally intensive) than downloading, as evidenced by a usually much slower IBD speed than what your internet connection offers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hendawg22

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:35:35 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2022, 12:14:17 AM by Hendawg22

Hi, I bought a second hand standard unit with no psu from eBay and connected it to a full node unit. I bought direct from FutureBit. The full node works great!
The standard unit lights up with fan running with the corsair sf450 I bought but it’s not connecting to the full node. The led at the front stays solid red, there’s a flashing green led which i can see in the back, and the fan stays on.. I have done multiple reboots after an hour (I did read the FAQ about it needing at least 15 minutes), restarts, changed out the USB cable (bought new data type cables) multiple times. The hashboard doesn’t show up on the web UI.

I’m not an experienced tinkerer so I’m not sure if there’s anything else I can do. Are there any suggestions?

Update: Based on comments on this thread, I used Putty to log into the machine and tried the lsusb command. It doesn’t seem to recognize the standard machine as it gives me the same list of code with the usb connected/not connected.

UPDATE #2: Downloaded the Apollo BTC Standard Software from GitHub and tried connecting the standard unit to Windows machine. The Windows machine doesn’t recognize the unit so I can’t move further with this experiment.
jiminica

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 01:21:11 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2022, 02:44:57 AM by jiminica

Good to know, I'm almost there.  96%. If I can get the other full miner going, any way to short cut, downloading the node?

I know with Monero, I was able to download, and get it indexed.   Any similar process for bitcoin?
There is nothing like a 'official download' of the blockchain(and it is a bad idea), but if you already have one node, you could copy its blocks directory to the other node's SSD and then start it up. Bitcoin Core detects that the directory changed and starts indexing it without redownloading everything. Keep in mind that on many such small board computers you spend more time verifying (computationally intensive) than downloading, as evidenced by a usually much slower IBD speed than what your internet connection offers.
Yeah  figured.  Thanks for answering.

Getting ready to try the second miner and standard node again.  HOpefully it fires up.

Update:  It did fire up.  I've been trying for the last hour or so to get the node working.  It is just not starting.  Any suggestions?

New update: Now when I go to the miner I get internal error.  NO GUI.  What''s up with that.  The front still have the slow red blinking lights.  The miner is still mining.  

New New update:  2nd miner and standard unit have solid red lights. Formatted the NVME to try get node to work then got error,  Cant reach the Web Gui through the IP.  Going to try removing the SD and redoing it after reading more posts on this forum

Update 3: Flashed the SD got the Web GUI.  But now I cannot get Hasboard #0 going, Damn node still won't start.    Any suggestions?
charona

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 05:51:06 PM

Wow, that Mega site truly sucks. Been fighting for 20 minutes now to find my download. Different browsers, logged in or not. No idea where it is. Made in 2001 or so?
texgeek

Activity: 515
Merit: 202

in BTC we trust!

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 04:57:54 PM

Hello , i need a quick help here.

I bougth more cheap apollo no controller no psu.

Connect a apollo on normal atx supply , works fine.

But i not have sucess on configuration. First i tried windows, plug apolo micro usb in pc, and run binarie winx86...
The log says, waiting device COM(1)...COM(2).....

I got a orangepi pc, i tried flash stock rom, not work (orangepi not boot)

I tried again, run orangepi on normal OS , and run binarie for ARM , same result of windows.. Aparentelly , OS not found device connected by microusb cable.

Anyone have a tip , or guide setup basic to run ?? Im really trying run, but its hard..

open to virtual work
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: