Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:35:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 41245 times)
JeremyD130

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 08:01:23 PM

Just set up my miner and it’s fully synced, but it won’t stay online. I keep thinking it has to be an issue with how I’m entering the pool info, but it’s pretty straightforward. The light in front is solid red for the most part but occasionally blinks fast and back to solid. I’m using Braiins Pool (or attempting to…). Any help/idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Have you tried any other pools?

I know that the FutureBit Apollo doesn't supoort Asicboost, and there is some sort of requirement for it in the Stratum V1-V2 proxy software they devopled. What I don't know is if they are using the proxy at slushpool oops Braiins pool  Smiley

I'd try another standard pool, maybe kano or ckpool or viabtc and see if it works there.

I just signed up for Kano and input the pool and username info, but still the same issue where the Pools section shows an inactive status. When I first turned on the unit, it wouldn't stay online but kept going on and offline. I flashed the drive and didn't do the ubuntu update and it then showed the hashboard as active. I haven't flashed the NVME to re-download the blockchain but could that at all impact connecting to any pool?

Thank you for the suggestion!! I feel lost and like there's awkwardly no support so I appreciate it.
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 09:39:27 PM

Is FutureBit dead? Their last news post was back in April, just wondering.
URSAPRIME

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 02:57:15 AM

They have a few recent posts on their X/Twitter account @FutureBit.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 03:53:53 PM

Just set up my miner and it’s fully synced, but it won’t stay online. I keep thinking it has to be an issue with how I’m entering the pool info, but it’s pretty straightforward. The light in front is solid red for the most part but occasionally blinks fast and back to solid. I’m using Braiins Pool (or attempting to…). Any help/idea on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!!

I know that the FutureBit Apollo doesn't supoort Asicboost, and there is some sort of requirement for it in the Stratum V1-V2 proxy software they devopled. What I don't know is if they are using the proxy at slushpool oops Braiins pool  Smiley

I'd try another standard pool, maybe kano or ckpool or viabtc and see if it works there.

I just signed up for Kano and input the pool and username info, but still the same issue where the Pools section shows an inactive status. When I first turned on the unit, it wouldn't stay online but kept going on and offline. I flashed the drive and didn't do the ubuntu update and it then showed the hashboard as active. I haven't flashed the NVME to re-download the blockchain but could that at all impact connecting to any pool?

Thank you for the suggestion!! I feel lost and like there's awkwardly no support so I appreciate it.

Hmm, maybe best to go back to basics.

How is the Apollo connected to your network? Wifi or Ethernet?

Have to tried SSH'ing into the box

ssh futurebit@IP.Address.of.box
pwd: futurebit123

Then try to ping stratum.kano.is

Then try and traceroute stratum.kano.is

Then try and telnet stratum.kano.is 3333
(type quit to exit if you get a connection)

That will troubleshoot your miners network access to the pool.

Oh the only other thing I think is that kano might only allow futurebit miners on the solo part, so you might have to convert your account to a solo one to actually mine, but you can try the above troubleshooting steps with any other pool like ckpool or ViaBTC

Good luck

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
JeremyD130

View Profile
September 29, 2023, 07:56:02 PM

Thanks!!

Hmm, maybe best to go back to basics.

How is the Apollo connected to your network? Wifi or Ethernet?

Have to tried SSH'ing into the box

ssh futurebit@IP.Address.of.box
pwd: futurebit123

Then try to ping stratum.kano.is

Then try and traceroute stratum.kano.is

Then try and telnet stratum.kano.is 3333
(type quit to exit if you get a connection)

That will troubleshoot your miners network access to the pool.

Oh the only other thing I think is that kano might only allow futurebit miners on the solo part, so you might have to convert your account to a solo one to actually mine, but you can try the above troubleshooting steps with any other pool like ckpool or ViaBTC

Good luck

A little beyond what I've done before, but I'm giving it a shot! When I use powershell or command prompt, I get "connection timed out" when using the IP of the miner. It's connected over Ethernet with ports 8333 and 3333 open. When I simply try to ping the IP address, it gives me request timed out with one "destination host unreachable".
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 03, 2023, 08:34:04 AM

Good luck
After we had properly tested them (since futurebit wouldn't do that)
I allowed them on solo or pplns.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5830

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 11:34:40 PM

A little beyond what I've done before, but I'm giving it a shot! When I use powershell or command prompt, I get "connection timed out" when using the IP of the miner. It's connected over Ethernet with ports 8333 and 3333 open. When I simply try to ping the IP address, it gives me request timed out with one "destination host unreachable".
Your device either has no Ethernet connection or you're using the wrong IP. You can hook up an HDMI monitor or check your DHCP server to see if the miner has an IP and if so, which one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Frisco415

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 05, 2023, 07:32:27 PM

I think so, the Futurebit  LTC  miner Thread
is dead as a door knob
JeremyD130

View Profile
October 05, 2023, 08:08:59 PM

Your device either has no Ethernet connection or you're using the wrong IP. You can hook up an HDMI monitor or check your DHCP server to see if the miner has an IP and if so, which one.

I was actually able to finally connect to the pool by plugging the ethernet directly into the modem's router that also has the ports forwarded (I was incorrectly typing the IP into the command prompt for the SSH previously). What would you recommend I check on an Asus router's settings that may be causing the issue there, but not when plugged directly into the modem's router?

Thanks again!
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 06, 2023, 05:37:45 AM

I think so, the Futurebit  LTC  miner Thread
is dead as a door knob

They're still around. At the moment they're prepping a new miner for release
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 08:39:09 AM

I was actually able to finally connect to the pool by plugging the ethernet directly into the modem's router that also has the ports forwarded (I was incorrectly typing the IP into the command prompt for the SSH previously). What would you recommend I check on an Asus router's settings that may be causing the issue there, but not when plugged directly into the modem's router?

Thanks again!

You should only need 8333 forwarded, 3333 is an outgoing port for connecting to the pool, nothing should be coming into your network on that port unless you run a pool.

Sounds like you might have a double NAT problem if your modem is providing NAT and your Asus router is doing the same the incoming packets will get lost along the way.

This is getting into trickier network configuration than I would like to troubleshoot on a forum, but you need to either switch the isp's router into bridge or modem only mode, or put the asus in the DMZ on the ISPs router, or remove the ISP router and replace it with the Asus (if the Asus has the capability to do that), or remove the ASUS from the equation altogether if it can't.

If you have everything locked down on the ISP modem/router then I don't see why you would need the Asus to do the same thing.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
peetee

Activity: 19
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 06:10:39 PM

Hi everyone, I have an issue with my gen 1 Apollo BTC. The node cannot seem to sync past ~459,000 blocks... the node stops (crashes?), and when I restart it it will pick up at around block ~458,000 and die again a short time later. Note that because this was a Gen1 device, I did swap out the M.1 for a 1T device at some point in the past. This node has NEVER synced through to completion. I've been mining on it successfully since I got it, as one of the early adopters from Futurebit.

What I've tried so far:
1. Reformatting the flash
2. Stopping the miner to give more breathing room (temperature) to the node
3. Restarting the node when it stalls

Nothing has worked so far. Please pardon me if this has already been discussed in this thread, but I didn't find it when searching this site nor have I gone through all 100+ pages to review all of the posts.

Any help is appreciated!
garetjax

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 01:59:22 PM

Peetee,

I finally got around to upgrading my gen 1 to a 1TB drive 2 weeks ago and it synced fine.   

I did enable the TOR option but I am thinking its your drive - they are so cheap I would probably try another - I used an M2 drive $42 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B25LZGGW?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

peetee

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 06:39:26 PM

I was willing to give it a try for $42, but the device came and my system won't even boot with it installed. It boots with the older M.2 just fine.

I'm under the impression that all that is required is that I take out the old (working) M.2, replace it with the new one, then boot it up... I believe this is the procedure I followed the last time when I originally upgraded the 500GB M.2 to 1GB. No luck though.

Anyone know what might be going on here? The device is powered up but won't ask for an address using DHCP.
garetjax

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 06:56:06 PM

peetee,

That is weird its not booting up?  Do you get the gui?  If yes you can launch terminal and try and debug your network config but no idea why that should have changed by swapping m2 drives.  I guess make sure its seated firmly in the m2 slot?  Are you sure network cable connection is good as well?  Yeah obvious things but who knows.

I did switch my miner to eco mode until it was synced to keep temps down - i forgot to mention that.

Mine booted, got to the gui, I went to Settings, in the bottom lower right under Extra Settings I selected the Format Node NVME SSD and I was off and running - took a few days to finish synching. 
peetee

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 09:02:23 PM

Welp, progress.

After buying TWO of those Crucial P3 devices and having the exact same symptom (dead on boot, nothing coming out of the HDMI port??) I bought a Crucial *P2* M.2 and it booted up just fine! I formatted it and it's now syncing. Fingers are crossed...

Thank you for your help!
peetee

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 11:22:59 AM

Progress update: it’s now synced past the point where the first M.2 died consistently, and still truckin’. I guess it was a flaky M.2??
kakarr0t

View Profile
November 05, 2023, 06:16:31 AM

Hi FutureBit support. I have a real problem with my FutureBit Apollo device. Today, I decided to get a UPS battery backup to plug my device in to protect it from power outages. So I went into the local FutureBit browser portal and shut down my device. After it was shut down on the OS, I turned the power off to the power supply. After plugging my power supply into the UPS and turning the FutureBit back on, it would not boot. It doesn't even appear to post. The red power light on the front is off. I flashed a different SD card with raspberry pi 4, just to test to see if there was a problem with the factory SD card that came with it. That didn't seem to help either. So I re-installed the original SD card, left the power cable unplugged to the power supply, then tried again, nothing. Perhaps I need to mail this device back to FutureBit for support? I'm not sure why it won't even post in the bios. The only thing that happens when I plug the power cable in, is the fans all come on. I've also moved the Apollo back to a simple surge protecter and that didn't help either. Thanks for any assistance. --Tim
reklessalterego

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 09:21:26 AM

Hello,
- Will FutureBit provide an easy way to update the installed Bitcoin Core version or is it up to the users to keep this up-to-date on their own?
- As I have not seen any thread where an update/upgrade process for the OS (and node software) has been mentioned, I would also like to ask how I can get notified about this?
Thank you!
Frisco415

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 27, 2023, 03:05:40 PM

I see futurebit is coming out with the Apolo II , soon there will no help...for this one  https://twitter.com/FutureBit/status/1728986544898277693
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  

Jump to: