Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: El Salvador has become the first country to make #Bitcoin legal tender! 🇸🇻  (Read 34527 times)
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 03:42:19 AM

So far, the aggregate should be 2.381 BTCs. I’ve checked a bunch of bitcoin treasury sites, and none of them are up-to-date for the country, but my count coincides with that of local media, so I’m pretty confident it’s the figure resulting from the aggregate of all their past purchases.

The do have a government based transparency website, which would be a great place to have this information, taking into account that every purchase is tweeted, and that Salvadorians would likely like to have the detail easily accessible in an official site, as opposed to having people needing to track twitter tolls.

I think need transparency about how many bitcoin have been invested by El Salvador President Nayib Bukele to make public know about how many their assets have been invest in bitcoin, but less strategy because he keep become long term holding with bitcoin although how optimist with bitcoin will reach higher price, not good chance keep hold and El Savador not getting profit in short term. Maybe if try selling bitcoin trough still higher price above $40,000 right now they can invested much money again in bitcoin, but not good ideas what did by El Salvador President Nayib Bukele keep hold for long term and waiting until make new all time high again.
Whats been experienced as loss on Bitcoin investment is not even 0.5% of their budget. This is what the finance minister mentioned.

The government has an unrealized paper loss on bitcoin of around $50 million, which the finance minister notes is less than 0.5% of the national budget

Maybe for this reason they've got a wider plan of holding to experience the ATH than selling in between. Participation into trading activities could help increase the holding, maybe the government have got special teams doing it and the same is being used for specific purposes of building schools and developing infrastructure.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 03:47:13 AM

El Salvador President Nayib Bukele is quite strong and a hard believer of bitcoin. From his tweets and activities relative to bitcoin we can understand. Earlier he gave a small advice to the common people on the price decline of bitcoin as an opportunity to invest and never look upon the charts and get worried. With the present purchase of more 80BTC the reserve gets changed to 2381BTC

But his trend is rather strange, the lower the price of bitcoin, the fewer coins he buys. ) Perhaps there is not much free money now, as one would like, because crisis came, but on the other hand, perhaps he simply does not buy much because he is waiting for a further fall in prices. After all, when the market grows you expect growth, and when it falls, you expect a further fall, such a psychology.

That's the tactic of physicology thinking when they want to buy they think more in a further direction even though so far the price of bitcoin has decreased greatly but to fall even deeper I don't think it's possible it will end up under $20k and won't be possible to bounce below  price $10 thousand.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 07:03:09 AM

So far, the aggregate should be 2.381 BTCs. I’ve checked a bunch of bitcoin treasury sites, and none of them are up-to-date for the country, but my count coincides with that of local media, so I’m pretty confident it’s the figure resulting from the aggregate of all their past purchases.

The do have a government based transparency website, which would be a great place to have this information, taking into account that every purchase is tweeted, and that Salvadorians would likely like to have the detail easily accessible in an official site, as opposed to having people needing to track twitter tolls.

I think need transparency about how many bitcoin have been invested by El Salvador President Nayib Bukele to make public know about how many their assets have been invest in bitcoin, but less strategy because he keep become long term holding with bitcoin although how optimist with bitcoin will reach higher price, not good chance keep hold and El Savador not getting profit in short term. Maybe if try selling bitcoin trough still higher price above $40,000 right now they can invested much money again in bitcoin, but not good ideas what did by El Salvador President Nayib Bukele keep hold for long term and waiting until make new all time high again.

Bitcoin does not need to make all time high for both Bukele and El Salvador to profit from bitcoin, and likely both Bukele and El Salvador continues to profit because of their having had gotten involved in bitcoin, even if you are trying to spin the situation as if it were perilous merely based on bitcoin's currently low price.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 07:34:16 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), DU18 (1)

El-Salvador has made great attempts to utilize the value of bitcoin, though bitcoin value is low right now, but its inherent value will remain unaffected. Once this spree of market fall end,  we will see that bitcoin will rise high and El Salvador will surely reap the benefits. In fact El Salvador is the prime global ambassador for bitcoin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 04:54:46 PM

El-Salvador has made great attempts to utilize the value of bitcoin, though bitcoin value spot price is low right now and there are a lot of ongoing downward BTC price pressures, but its inherent value will remain unaffected. Once this spree of market fall end,  we will see that bitcoin will rise high and El Salvador will surely reap the benefits. In fact El Salvador is the prime global ambassador for bitcoin

FTFY

I agree with you as amended above - even though I added a bit to the statement

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 05:16:21 PM

El-Salvador has made great attempts to utilize the value of bitcoin, though bitcoin value spot price is low right now and there are a lot of ongoing downward BTC price pressures, but its inherent value will remain unaffected. Once this spree of market fall end,  we will see that bitcoin will rise high and El Salvador will surely reap the benefits. In fact El Salvador is the prime global ambassador for bitcoin

FTFY

I agree with you as amended above - even though I added a bit to the statement

True, as long as the volume of bitcoin they own does not change of course we can't say if salvador suffers a loss, maybe the current president of Nayib thinks that he prioritizes saving bitcoins rather than buying bonds or other assets which may decrease in volume and value if he keeps for long time, but however, if the bitcoin price goes up again even though it doesn't touch ATH, of course President Nayib will give a sweet smile to his people because their country income has also increased, with the number of bitcoins they own now and also buy at varying prices, and if bitcoin goes up by around 60% just, Of course that Salvador can get a sizeable profit from all the risks they are taking right now Cheesy.

tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 06:05:57 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Z-tight (1)

Guys, let’s be honest.  Bitcoin is a blessing for El Salvador. They were completely dependent on the usd before this, with no real way to shape any monetary policy themselves and being one of the poorest countries in the world. With 8% yearly inflation(or more) going forward and rising costs and energy prices, it would have hit them really hard, with no real escape or ways to handle this. They now have an ace in their hand, they wouldn’t have otherwise. No matter what happens to the usd, they won’t be solely dependent on it, because of Bitcoin.

There’s no way someone could argue that just being dependent on the usd is better than being dependent on the usd and having Bitcoin in the back of their hands. Even if Bitcoin is still volatile, there would be no way in heaven that El Salvador could’ve potentially created a better currency themselves, when looking for an usd alternative.

They didn’t even gamble into Bitcoin, the amount they’re holding is really low and not a big risk for them. The knowledge and experience + recognition they’re gaining now will help them way more in the future, than if they have some temporary unrealized losses that they already accounted for beforehand. They’re focusing on building something, i wouldn’t be too concerned of taking a little risk now, i would be more concerned if they didn’t. The difference before the introduction of Bitcoin and now is already night and day.

9BDB B925 329A C034
Newlifebtc

Activity: 686
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:48:03 PM

El Salvador President Nayib Bukele is quite strong and a hard believer of bitcoin. From his tweets and activities relative to bitcoin we can understand. Earlier he gave a small advice to the common people on the price decline of bitcoin as an opportunity to invest and never look upon the charts and get worried. With the present purchase of more 80BTC the reserve gets changed to 2381BTC

But his trend is rather strange, the lower the price of bitcoin, the fewer coins he buys. ) Perhaps there is not much free money now, as one would like, because crisis came, but on the other hand, perhaps he simply does not buy much because he is waiting for a further fall in prices. After all, when the market grows you expect growth, and when it falls, you expect a further fall, such a psychology.

That's the tactic of physicology thinking when they want to buy they think more in a further direction even though so far the price of bitcoin has decreased greatly but to fall even deeper I don't think it's possible it will end up under $20k and won't be possible to bounce below  price $10 thousand.
I don't know exactly when you make your post but what I'm trying to tell you that the price of Bitcoin is getting down it was 20,000 last week but the current price of Bitcoin is 19,000 which approximately is going down again and is going to meet up the target of 2017 faget so I believe that Bitcoin price going up will not be something of this particular time.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1211

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 10:43:27 AM

It seems to me that the phenomena of buying less as the BTC price goes down exists in a lot of goods/assets.  It seems to be some kind of variation of the wealth-effect.. in which people buy more as a good/asset goes up and less as it goes down.

And, surely I doubt that the "wealth-effect" is merely psychological, because the HODLer does actually have more money as the price goes up.. and does actually have less money as the price goes down.

I did the something similar in bitcoin in 2014/2015 as the BTC price went down through 2014, I kept buying on the way down, but not only did I run out of money, at some point, I started to run out of confidence too regarding how long any bounce is going to take (or if it will even happen)... a gruelling effect (mentally and financially as the price is going down).  

One thing is to just HODL without selling on the way down (so that is an accomplishment - so long as the price goes back up at some point soon enough before you die or get reckt), and then another thing is to take that whole practice to another level in terms of buying on the way down - even if the amount bought is less - when no bounce comes, there is an ever pestering sound "why did you buy now?", and "why not wait for lower prices?" and "do you think that there is going to be a bounce, crazy?".  

One redeeming aspect for anyone having ongoing and incoming cashflow (which seems to be the case with El Salvador - coming also from BTC-related activities in the country) is that the ongoing buying (even at low prices) ends up serving as a kind of reluctant and worrisome form of DCA (that can also be characterized as buying on dip.. but buying on dip with less enthusiasm as compared with buying on dips when the BTC price is higher.. and regular UPpity bounces).  If the incoming cashflow dries up, that's another question (would likely cause more reluctance to continue to buy).

Edited to fix some wording and make some ideas more clear

I have not had such an experience yet, this period will take place now. Because in the last bear market, I just didn't have the money to buy. some of the funds were in altcoins and I simply did not sell them, so it can be said that I became a holder forcibly, because I did not want to sell at low prices.

This time I will buy, but I already see that it is not so easy, because every time I think that the price may fall even lower. I'm waiting for the strait and will buy in parts. The fear that the price may not rise again will certainly be, but I would not want to miss this opportunity to buy at a low price, as I believe that in the future it will bring me a good profit. I will try not to buy for the full amount, I always try to leave a reserve in case of large straits.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 03:41:55 PM
Merited by _act_ (1)

It seems to me that the phenomena of buying less as the BTC price goes down exists in a lot of goods/assets.  It seems to be some kind of variation of the wealth-effect.. in which people buy more as a good/asset goes up and less as it goes down.

And, surely I doubt that the "wealth-effect" is merely psychological, because the HODLer does actually have more money as the price goes up.. and does actually have less money as the price goes down.

I did the something similar in bitcoin in 2014/2015 as the BTC price went down through 2014, I kept buying on the way down, but not only did I run out of money, at some point, I started to run out of confidence too regarding how long any bounce is going to take (or if it will even happen)... a gruelling effect (mentally and financially as the price is going down).  

One thing is to just HODL without selling on the way down (so that is an accomplishment - so long as the price goes back up at some point soon enough before you die or get reckt), and then another thing is to take that whole practice to another level in terms of buying on the way down - even if the amount bought is less - when no bounce comes, there is an ever pestering sound "why did you buy now?", and "why not wait for lower prices?" and "do you think that there is going to be a bounce, crazy?".  

One redeeming aspect for anyone having ongoing and incoming cashflow (which seems to be the case with El Salvador - coming also from BTC-related activities in the country) is that the ongoing buying (even at low prices) ends up serving as a kind of reluctant and worrisome form of DCA (that can also be characterized as buying on dip.. but buying on dip with less enthusiasm as compared with buying on dips when the BTC price is higher.. and regular UPpity bounces).  If the incoming cashflow dries up, that's another question (would likely cause more reluctance to continue to buy).

Edited to fix some wording and make some ideas more clear

I have not had such an experience yet, this period will take place now. Because in the last bear market, I just didn't have the money to buy. some of the funds were in altcoins and I simply did not sell them, so it can be said that I became a holder forcibly, because I did not want to sell at low prices.

This time I will buy, but I already see that it is not so easy, because every time I think that the price may fall even lower. I'm waiting for the strait and will buy in parts. The fear that the price may not rise again will certainly be, but I would not want to miss this opportunity to buy at a low price, as I believe that in the future it will bring me a good profit. I will try not to buy for the full amount, I always try to leave a reserve in case of large straits.

It seems that El Salvador is not fucking around with altcoins (aka shitcoins), and so yeah whether we are talking about a country level or we are talking about a personal level, we cannot be making assumptions that it is good to be holding shitcoins, DCAing into shitcoins, or buying more of them on the dip.  BTC is a different story. Of course, there are ongoing macro-issues and there are also ongoing purging of some loose players in the BTC space (not only some of the various leverage players, but also even the miners who were also using leverage) and in the shitcoin space that will likely continue to have some negative pulling on the BTC price.. but even with that the investment thesis for bitcoin has not really been changed because of the ways that some players were overly leveraging with it and creating poinzi-like products on top of it.

I don't know exactly when you make your post but what I'm trying to tell you that the price of Bitcoin is getting down it was 20,000 last week but the current price of Bitcoin is 19,000 which approximately is going down again and is going to meet up the target of 2017 faget so I believe that Bitcoin price going up will not be something of this particular time.

I doubt  that you can presume that the BTC price is going to continue to go down.  The price could go either up or down or sideways.... It seems that sooner or later BTC price will start to continue up, but it could take a while to work out various matters of continuing to purge some of those players who were either betting better much on ONLY up - and also there had been some seemingly bad actors in the way that they had been using BTC that absolutely depended on the BTC  price to continue to go up for that profiteering to continue, and seems like a lot of those players are being purged too.. which causes downward pressures on BTC prices that are not necessarily going to last a long time, so how much more will be purged (and how long it will last - if it does) is still to be seen.

mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 03:49:17 PM

Not only is the bitcoin market storm currently hitting El salvador but the country is now in a state of mourning after hurricane Bonnie hit the region  Cry Cry, I hope they will be well and continue to believe in president Nayib who wants to make a lot of big changes in the country by making it a country The first to adopt bitcoin, currently El Salvador has save as much as 2,381 BTC since President Nayib decision to adopt Bitcoin for the first time, although many oppose and regret Nayib's presidential decision because it is considered to cause their economic destruction, but President Nayib belief in bitcoin deserves our hats off.
_act_

Activity: 882
Merit: 1170

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 09:07:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It seems that El Salvador is not fucking around with altcoins (aka shitcoins), and so yeah whether we are talking about a country level or we are talking about a personal level, we cannot be making assumptions that it is good to be holding shitcoins, DCAing into shitcoins, or buying more of them on the dip. 
At least, two countries had made bitcoin a legal tender, viz: El Salvador and Central Africa Republic. Also an economic zone, Prospera in an island of Honduras, Roatán made bitcoin a legal tender. Bitcoin is decentralized unlike altcoins with centralized authority that make altcoins to be centralized. Altcoins do not worth to be a legal tender, only bitcoin does. Most of the altcoins have no utility than buy and hold and see if the price will increase, but they are extremely volatile. There are over 20000 altcoins that are existing and any may become like Terra Luna, altcoins are risky. It will not be a surprise if no country adopt any altcoin as a legal tender.

Not only is the bitcoin market storm currently hitting El salvador but the country is now in a state of mourning after hurricane Bonnie hit the region
If hurricane hit El Salvador, the economy may be affected, but not bitcoin, or maybe I do not understand what you mean.

I hope they will be well and continue to believe in president Nayib who wants to make a lot of big changes in the country by making it a country The first to adopt bitcoin
Some humans are bitcoin critics, some are president Nayib Bukele critics. Those that believe in holding for long term will see how helpful what the president had seen about bitcoin that they are late to see.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
348Judah

Activity: 714
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 04, 2022, 10:33:30 PM

Not only is the bitcoin market storm currently hitting El salvador but the country is now in a state of mourning after hurricane Bonnie hit the region  Cry Cry, I hope they will be well and continue to believe in president Nayib who wants to make a lot of big changes in the country by making it a country The first to adopt bitcoin,

This is a natural disasters which could be experienced by any country and we cannot compare that with the current status of the bitcoin over the region, why many people keep the complaints about bitcoin adoption in El-Savador remains unclear to me, does it take away an inch from them or does it hinders their progress in the economy following the adoption, if it were to be judged right, what impact has other countries derived from fiat against bitcoin for not taking in the adoption.

currently El Salvador has save as much as 2,381 BTC since President Nayib decision to adopt Bitcoin for the first time, although many oppose and regret Nayib's presidential decision because it is considered to cause their economic destruction, but President Nayib belief in bitcoin deserves our hats off.

The people perish when they lack a visionary leader, Nayib Bukele is a man with vision and foresights and i got to confirm this on his last buy of bitcoin amidst the challenge in price at $19k. Non of his steps taken were for his own benefit but rather the people's.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ahli38

Activity: 812
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 02:44:11 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2022, 02:54:53 AM by Ahli38

El-Salvador has made great attempts to utilize the value of bitcoin, though bitcoin value is low right now, but its inherent value will remain unaffected. Once this spree of market fall end,  we will see that bitcoin will rise high and El Salvador will surely reap the benefits. In fact El Salvador is the prime global ambassador for bitcoin
Correctly. even if in the past el salvador was a country that was not paid much attention to by other countries around the world. but now we know that el salvador has been in the limelight both by bitcoin watchers and by other countries that used to not pay much attention to el salvador and now they continue to.

even though at this bitcoin price many anti bitcoins will use it to corner el salvador with loose and negative news. But actually those anti bitcoins are only harming themselves and wasting their time. because after all now people have started to be smart in reading the news. so that when there is more FUD news, it makes more bitcoin holders. even the improvement is accelerating. maybe the whales were unloading but the little holders kept popping up. and a time when this winter for bitcoin is over it will come. that is when El Salvador will be lauded and the countries that were originally only paying attention will start to act and follow the steps that have been taken by el salvador. because the seasons will always change and market conditions are always changing. even if we use logic, then if we are in winter now then we don't have to worry about winter coming back after winter. because we know what will come after winter is spring or summer. And after the decline is flat or up. Even recently we also saw el salvador add bitcoin even though it wasn't much, which was only 80 but it was a sign that el salvador was still able to buy bitcoin. which also means they have even more spare funds to spend in bitcoins. I'm enjoying bitcoin winter this time. Because I'm sure after dark there will be light. after night must come day.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2022, 08:29:15 AM
Merited by salad daging (2), JayJuanGee (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Oshosondy (1), Rruchi man (1), Davidvictorson (1)

It seems that El Salvador is not fucking around with altcoins (aka shitcoins), and so yeah whether we are talking about a country level or we are talking about a personal level, we cannot be making assumptions that it is good to be holding shitcoins, DCAing into shitcoins, or buying more of them on the dip. 
At least, two countries had made bitcoin a legal tender, viz: El Salvador and Central Africa Republic. Also an economic zone, Prospera in an island of Honduras, Roatán made bitcoin a legal tender. Bitcoin is decentralized unlike altcoins with centralized authority that make altcoins to be centralized. Altcoins do not worth to be a legal tender, only bitcoin does. Most of the altcoins have no utility than buy and hold and see if the price will increase, but they are extremely volatile. There are over 20000 altcoins that are existing and any may become like Terra Luna, altcoins are risky. It will not be a surprise if no country adopts any altcoin as a legal tender.
Cryptocurrency adoption is still a sketchy movement among countries presently El Salvador took the bull by the horn by making Bitcoin a legs tender in the country amidst global Bitcoin critics, and the central Africa republic also made similar Bitcoin adoption which has given room to other altcoins to want to compete with Bitcoin in terms of market penetration but even at that altcoins has no balance network to wits and the forces of the market making the garbage shit.

We.can see how El Salvador made more purchases of Bitcoin during the last week and that shows to a great extent how bullish the government is on Bitcoin.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2022, 03:23:57 PM
Merited by stompix (2), JayJuanGee (1)

According to El Salvador’s Central Bank’s website, remittances to El Salvador using Digital crypto wallets (which I presume means to a Chivo Wallet recipient address) is as follows:

Code:
Month		amount in M USD (equivalent)
September 2021 2.64
October 2021 29.68
November 2021 12.27
December 2021 12.37
January 2022 10.06
February 2022 9.39
March 2022 9.83
April 2022 10.14
May 2022          12.56

The figure will logically not account for recipient addresses outside of the Chivo system, but we have to hypothesize that the majority will be using Chivo, making the above a reasonable representation of remittances volumes in crypto over there.

2022 so far aggregates to an equivalent of almost 52 M $, though the figure is still around small and represents around 1.6% of all remittances received by the country in aggregate. Still a seemingly shy figure thus so far.

See: https://www-criptonoticias-com.translate.goog/comunidad/el-salvador-recibio-2600-bitcoins-remesas-ultimo-semestre/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es&_x_tr_pto=wapp
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2022, 04:36:03 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2022, 04:48:35 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by fillippone (6), tadamichi (1)

At least, two countries had made bitcoin a legal tender, viz: El Salvador and Central Africa Republic. Also an economic zone, Prospera in an island of Honduras, Roatán made bitcoin a legal tender. Bitcoin is decentralized unlike altcoins with centralized authority that make altcoins to be centralized. Altcoins do not worth to be a legal tender, only bitcoin does. Most of the altcoins have no utility than buy and hold and see if the price will increase, but they are extremely volatile. There are over 20000 altcoins that are existing and any may become like Terra Luna, altcoins are risky. It will not be a surprise if no country adopts any altcoin as a legal tender.
Cryptocurrency adoption is still a sketchy movement among countries presently El Salvador took the bull by the horn by making Bitcoin a legs tender in the country amidst global Bitcoin critics, and the central Africa republic also made similar Bitcoin adoption which has given room to other altcoins to want to compete with Bitcoin in terms of market penetration but even at that altcoins has no balance network to wits and the forces of the market making the garbage shit.

We.can see how El Salvador made more purchases of Bitcoin during the last week and that shows to a great extent how bullish the government is on Bitcoin.

There is always going to be some temptations to get tempted into shitcoins or to get confused about what the difference between bitcoins and shitcoins, and it seems that El Salvador has not yet deviated down that path.

We cannot presume that the Central Africa Republic (CAR) is going to be the same.  So CAR is not even close to being equals to El Salvador (yet).. so we should not want to confuse the situation into some false equivalencies. .and even with any additional country that follows something similar to El Salvador, we are likely going to try to figure out if they are deviating into shitcoins or not.. and it that deviation into shitcoins might cause unnecessary risk to themselves or their citizens.. Here's a post that I wrote in fillippone's CAR thread responding to such monitoring of CAR's potential deviation into shitcoins... and/or getting advice/counsel from shitcoiners.  

For sure, at this time, the El Salvador citizens have rights/freedom/abilities to get into shitcoins, and so it is good that El Salvador as a country is not so far getting lured into that nonsense (or even appearing to promote or embrace shitcoins) which shitcoins seem to be at best of of questionable integrity and some of the various scammy activities around such shitcoins may well be found to be illegal in some jurisdiction. 

It is possible that there could be some shitcoins and projects in the seemingly shitcoin space that survive through the various flushings/purgenings of them in the coming years, but still sticking to bitcoin first seems the better way forward for countries (and institutions and individuals too), and if some value does happen to emerge from the ashes of the 10s of thousands of scam coins/projects (ethereum is central to a lot of the flowing and facilitating of scams if no one had noticed), then that possible value/utility/practicalness might be possible to consider at a later date if one or more of the seeming shitcoins might be deemed not to be worthless and/or even close to comparable to bitcoin or maybe complementing bitcoin in some kind of reasonable/practical/useful way.

Quippery

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 06:26:19 AM

I had a lot of expectations from El Salvador adopting bitcoin as a legal tender. But the current downward movements are giving me chills as to how the country would be dealing with the turmoil. They didn’t even get time to prepare themselves for the downfall.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6294

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
July 07, 2022, 09:56:01 AM

2022 so far aggregates to an equivalent of almost 52 M $, though the figure is still around small and represents around 1.6% of all remittances received by the country in aggregate. Still a seemingly shy figure thus so far.

The good news is that it seems like it's climbing, the bad news is that is almost 1/3 of the first month where probably everyone was trying to figure out what this is and how it works. Diving a bit into those numbers, looking at the average remittance being $195, picking the option of paying in cash at a WU location and cash pick-up in Salvador too (which is not the cheapest), it costs 8$ for 200$, so it means that in the last month Salvadorians have avoided around $500 000 in fees over WU.

Of course, that goes both ways as cash locations offices in Salvador will get a share of that so the money is not completely lost, plus there is the cost with all those ATMs, the infrastructure for them so right now the government is probably heavily subsiding something that has little effect overall. Numbers really need to pick up by an order of magnitude to see some results.

Anyhow, nice that they finally publish some numbers as for a while it seemed that transparency was their last priority
Now I really want to hear some updates on that built for mining brand new geothermal plant  Roll Eyes

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Wiwo

Activity: 1050
Merit: 679

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2022, 04:17:42 PM

I had a lot of expectations from El Salvador adopting bitcoin as a legal tender. But the current downward movements are giving me chills as to how the country would be dealing with the turmoil. They didn’t even get time to prepare themselves for the downfall.
The El Salvador president is so bullish on Bitcoin, since he have understanding on how the stock market works and I he is not in for the sell-off or short term purposes, and this can be seen in his response to a throw I stumbled on this tweet from Reddit so let me share it here. I guess this will give a clue to what President Nayib Bukele stance on on the current market situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/vtfuep/hows_your_bank_going/?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: