Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: El Salvador has become the first country to make #Bitcoin legal tender! 🇸🇻  (Read 34321 times)
NicNacCoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 451

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 06:12:31 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2023, 06:35:35 AM by NicNacCoin
Merited by Uruhara (1)

Nayib Bukele was the first to launch Bitcoin transactions in his country El Salvador. We are constantly getting updated Bitcoin news from EL Salvadar. The most popular updated news at the moment is the launch of the first Bitcoin transport bus in El Salvadr. Here people will be able to transport buses with bitcoins. A very nice system has been introduced by El Salvador. Which will play an important role in the convenience of people.

https://twitter.com/corybates1895/status/1645179261744037888?t=GfPsMlyIYC8aN0USVovQlw&s=19

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mendace

Activity: 462
Merit: 603

Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2023, 07:57:54 AM

Based on the opinion polls done by different organisations with the sample around 1500 people on different timeline through this year, it had favoured Nayib Bukele to be the next President. We don't know how the outcome could change in real-time polling. For now his popularity haven't declined. Chivo wallet is developed by the government and for better understanding this could've been suggested by the government. This doesn't mean people couldn't use any other wallets. It depends upon the knowledge the people have over cryptocurrency. The wallet can't be directly connected to the development stagnation or keeping track of users transaction.

First Chivo was developed with Algorand infrastructure, I recommend you give this thread a read

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5380805.msg58956953#msg58956953

To continue, I remind you that every Salvadoran is forced to do the kyc to use the Chivo wallet, therefore it is automatically associated with an ID that keeps track of every movement of that wallet. Among other things, it has been ascertained that the bitcoins are transacted from the Chivo wallets and then subsequently credited to one's own, provided that one can speak of "holding" because in reality the private keys are not provided.

Instead as you say, it is true that other wallets could be used such as electrum but unfortunately there is a lack of education especially in a country like El Salvador where the majority is made up of illiterates, and which Bukele knew very well how to maneuver with the initial 20 dollar drop .
Ripmix001

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2023, 08:16:50 AM

Satoshi Subway Station

source

You can kill the people but you cannot kill the truth.🗿
Wiwo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 673

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2023, 08:31:56 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Nayib Bukele was the first to launch Bitcoin transactions in his country El Salvador.
By what statistic or data do you come to this conclusion that Nayib Bukele was the first to lunch bitcoin transaction in El Salvador, I don't think this is right unless you have more informations and evidence to support this claim because I am sure Bitcoin have gain a lot of traction in El Salvador before Nayib Bukele presidency, if you talk of his role in bitcoin adoption in El Salvador I agree with that fact because he is the first president to make that move of making bitcoin legal tender, and the development of the chivo wallets, but if you said Neyib Bukele was the first to make a transaction on the government own wallet, you may be right.

We are constantly getting updated Bitcoin news from EL Salvadar. The most popular updated news at the moment is the launch of the first Bitcoin transport bus in El Salvador. Here people will be able to transport buses with bitcoins. A very nice system has been introduced by El Salvador. Which will play an important role in the convenience of people.

Lately there has been limited verified news from El Salvador and I don't think anything is wrong with that so we should avoid making comments that have no substantial information here in the thread so as not to delay us from the original topic, I am sure what you call the introduction of the bitcoin transport system is not real because I discovered from the post in the link you shared, and it looks as if the bus was just travelling through El Salvador.

And you can see that from your above-quoted image that just a single bus with Bitcoin designs and Bitcoin logos without any passengers in the bus.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 11:25:05 AM

The Financial Times published an article where it said that El Salvador has good economic indicators, it is successfully paying off obligations on bonds, but still the newspaper is trying to put it in a negative light because of bitcoins. This is despite the fact that they themselves note that the negative forecasts that predicted El Salvador's decline and default have not come true, and its credit ratings have grown. It seems that they will persist in their bitcoin hate to the last, no matter how well El Salvador develops.

You know how the mainstream media hates Bitcoin. Even most of the world's governments hate it (even though they allow Bitcoin to be bought and sold for taxation purposes). It really doesn't matter what these entities think about Bitcoin, as long as the cryptocurrency does the job it's supposed to (which is to bring financial freedom). El Salvador's government was wise enough to adopt BTC as legal tender at a time where there's uncertainty in the global economy.

Fiat currencies are failing, while Bitcoin is still going strong. I have a feeling El Salvador will become a rich country within the not-so-distant future if it "sticks" to the plan of buying and holding BTC. Who knows if early Bitcoin adopters will be the ones laughing at the end as banks collapse for good? Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tiCeR

Activity: 1708
Merit: 747

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 02:52:38 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I think initiatives like these are highly interesting There are also some big names and companies involved when it comes to teaching and funding. But I have a split opinion on that. We don't know whether there are certain conditions tied to those fellowships, but when El Salvador launches the initiative to educate high profile blockchain infrastructure developers, what is the chance that they go abroad rather than stay in El Salvador? Or does it even matter if they go abroad, since there is still some promotional effect when they talk about their education and where they received it?

I am not fully aware of the exact plan that El Salvador has. As far as I understand they intend to attract business and workforce to El Salvador. I get the business point of view for potential tax advantages. So the strategy could be that they attract businesses through financial incentives and in turn these businesses would then be able to pay competitive salaries to the guys who are now getting education on the highest level. Does that make sense? Any opinions on that?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Freddie Boyer

Activity: 252
Merit: 20

Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 03:01:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), CageMabok (1)

I think initiatives like these are highly interesting There are also some big names and companies involved when it comes to teaching and funding. But I have a split opinion on that. We don't know whether there are certain conditions tied to those fellowships, but when El Salvador launches the initiative to educate high profile blockchain infrastructure developers, what is the chance that they go abroad rather than stay in El Salvador? Or does it even matter if they go abroad, since there is still some promotional effect when they talk about their education and where they received it?

I am not fully aware of the exact plan that El Salvador has. As far as I understand they intend to attract business and workforce to El Salvador. I get the business point of view for potential tax advantages. So the strategy could be that they attract businesses through financial incentives and in turn these businesses would then be able to pay competitive salaries to the guys who are now getting education on the highest level. Does that make sense? Any opinions on that?

As I understand it, El Salvador's goal is to attract business and labor to their country. This can be achieved by offering financial incentives to businesses, allowing them to pay competitive salaries to a highly educated workforce. From a business perspective, this makes a lot of sense, given the potential tax advantages to be gained by operating in El Salvador.

If one makes an important point here, even though there are concerns and unanswered questions surrounding El Salvador's decision to make Bitcoin legal tender, this remains a pioneering step that puts the country on the map as a player in the world of blockchain technology. It remains to be seen whether or not this will be a success, but one thing is certain the potential advantages and disadvantages of this decision will be discussed and debated for a long time to come.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 09:29:03 PM

Based on the opinion polls done by different organisations with the sample around 1500 people on different timeline through this year, it had favoured Nayib Bukele to be the next President. We don't know how the outcome could change in real-time polling. For now his popularity haven't declined. Chivo wallet is developed by the government and for better understanding this could've been suggested by the government. This doesn't mean people couldn't use any other wallets. It depends upon the knowledge the people have over cryptocurrency. The wallet can't be directly connected to the development stagnation or keeping track of users transaction.
First Chivo was developed with Algorand infrastructure, I recommend you give this thread a read
To continue, I remind you that every Salvadoran is forced to do the kyc to use the Chivo wallet, therefore it is automatically associated with an ID that keeps track of every movement of that wallet. Among other things, it has been ascertained that the bitcoins are transacted from the Chivo wallets and then subsequently credited to one's own, provided that one can speak of "holding" because in reality the private keys are not provided.

Instead as you say, it is true that other wallets could be used such as electrum but unfortunately there is a lack of education especially in a country like El Salvador where the majority is made up of illiterates, and which Bukele knew very well how to maneuver with the initial 20 dollar drop .

Why do you sound so angry in regards to the Chivo wallet matter mendace?  Yes.. sure it is a government controlled wallet, and sure people should attempt to know the difference between any kind of wallet that is government controlled and various other bitcoin options, just as they should realize differences between holding their value inside of various custodial solutions (whether government sponsored or some other kind of third party, such as a financial institution). 

Yes, some people do not know about these matters, but they are being precluded from either finding out "what's up" or even paying attention, when the government itself is telling them that they do not need to use the Chivo wallet.

I doubt that the El Salvadorean govt is being as disingenuine as you are attempting to argue and surely losing credibility if the facts do not really back up what you are saying in terms of what governments do.. versus giving options to people that they would not otherwise have, which is to freely use (transact in, store or otherwise use) bitcoin without fear of prosecution or persecution, as is the case in some other places in which the legal status is way less clear.

If you had not noticed, El Salvador is in fact the only government in the world that has both gone as far as it has to legalize bitcoin in terms of categorizing it as legal tender, and they do not even appear to be devolving into shitcoinery, yet..... so yeah, sure there can be some reasonable assertions that the Chivo wallet was not a very good product, but it did seem to be promoted as a way to incentivize all qualified citizens to claim $30 of bitcoin (or was it $30 in dollars in order to download the Chivo Wallet?  I don't know and it really does not matter too much regarding the points that I am making) , and yeah, maybe it would have been better for individual citizens to refrain from collecting their $30 or maybe just collect their $30 and then use other forms of bitcoin or lighting network wallets?  Individuals have to weigh for themselves about what option that they want to employ, and the mere fact that they may well be "illiterate" as you claim, does not either resolve them from responsibility or automatically support your largely nonsensical claim that they were being taken advantage of... nonsense.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
tiCeR

Activity: 1708
Merit: 747

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 11:07:23 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (7), JayJuanGee (1)

Why do you sound so angry in regards to the Chivo wallet matter mendace?  Yes.. sure it is a government controlled wallet, and sure people should attempt to know the difference between any kind of wallet that is government controlled and various other bitcoin options, just as they should realize differences between holding their value inside of various custodial solutions (whether government sponsored or some other kind of third party, such as a financial institution). 

Yes, some people do not know about these matters, but they are being precluded from either finding out "what's up" or even paying attention, when the government itself is telling them that they do not need to use the Chivo wallet.

I doubt that the El Salvadorean govt is being as disingenuine as you are attempting to argue and surely losing credibility if the facts do not really back up what you are saying in terms of what governments do.. versus giving options to people that they would not otherwise have, which is to freely use (transact in, store or otherwise use) bitcoin without fear of prosecution or persecution, as is the case in some other places in which the legal status is way less clear.

If you had not noticed, El Salvador is in fact the only government in the world that has both gone as far as it has to legalize bitcoin in terms of categorizing it as legal tender, and they do not even appear to be devolving into shitcoinery, yet..... so yeah, sure there can be some reasonable assertions that the Chivo wallet was not a very good product, but it did seem to be promoted as a way to incentivize all qualified citizens to claim $30 of bitcoin (or was it $30 in dollars in order to download the Chivo Wallet?  I don't know and it really does not matter too much regarding the points that I am making) , and yeah, maybe it would have been better for individual citizens to refrain from collecting their $30 or maybe just collect their $30 and then use other forms of bitcoin or lighting network wallets?  Individuals have to weigh for themselves about what option that they want to employ, and the mere fact that they may well be "illiterate" as you claim, does not either resolve them from responsibility or automatically support your largely nonsensical claim that they were being taken advantage of... nonsense.

Although it is sometimes quite the hassle to read your entire posts JayJuanGee Wink, I usually take the time to do it and in most cases I find something that is valuable and sticks out from the rest (in my opinion).

"Giving options to people that they would not otherwise have"

This is how I understood the approach in El Salvador as well. Nobody has to use that stuff, but everybody can. @mendace I would understand the point you make when there was no "option", but a mandatory action to be taken by El Salvador citizens.

When a CBDC will be introduced, that thing is most likely not going to be an option and it also probably won't allow you to transfer any of your CBDC out of the network such that you can use your CBDC as you wish, let alone anonymously.

It is obvious why they asked for people to go through KYC. If there is a financial incentive involved, KYC is essentially a must as otherwise some people would claim it multiple times. Yes there are possibilities to somehow airdrop it and provide addresses such that privacy is retained, but I guess that everybody would argue anyway that the government knows who belongs to which address. I understood this El Salvadorian approach really as one where they wanted to get the masses involved, allow them to familiarize themselves with the technology with a not too small amount and without the fear to do something wrong and risk money that they couldn't afford to lose. This way they could play around because it was money they never owned anyway.

It was a boostrapping attempt because making Bitcoin legal tender but not having a kind of critical mass using it severely undermines the chances of success for the entire project.

I would be more careful when one day Facebook offers you to use their digital currency than when the El Salvador government wants to hand out §30 in Bitcoin for free while having made Bitcoin legal tender. El Salvador made step 1 before step 2. If the decentralized currency Bitcoin wasn't legal tender in El Salvador, I would rather agree with you and recommend people to be more careful about their decision. But in this case the government is sitting in the same boat as their people.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 11:14:17 PM

Thats simple, it is an easy task to give drops through a centralized wallet. Just in the case of Chivo wallet it is aimed to give the free drop for the first time. To encourage the people use bitcoin this plan is being aimed and executed. If people were allowed to use any of the wallet and wants the drop it can't, because one person could receive it several times. Just because the chivo wallet does KYC the drops were availed perfectly. Even the data shows that people used Chivo wallet just to spend the $20 in bitcoin and never use it. Same time the usage of bitcoin is increasing around the country. This itself gives a better understanding that people aren't restricted and they can be use wallets of their choice.

Always we can't degrade people as illiterates, the technology advancement have made things easy understandable. Maybe people doesn't know how things work, but the government have come up with different awareness and educational programs that make people good with bitcoin usage.
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 11:14:53 PM

This is crazy!
This country will go down in the history of Bitcoin.
I hope more countries will follow their example.

And I think they will be a great example to the whole world of how Bitcoin is good for the country.
And bitcoin as legal tender already shows a great result btw.
Gallar

Activity: 602
Merit: 291

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 05:07:39 AM

Indeed, the limitations of education and knowledge will certainly hinder the adoption of bitcoin a little, but I'm sure, it won't take too long, if the adoption of bitcoin in El Salvador continues to run smoothly, the people of El Salvador will slowly learn and understand the bitcoin system, including its use his wallet.

Regarding the chivo wallet and the balance that was given to the people of El Salvador, that was the first step in the introduction (promotion) of bitcoin. Because it's common everywhere that there is something new, usually there will be a promotion stage first, so that everyone can experience it, that also applies to this stage of bitcoin adoption.
And I'm sure the people of El Salvador, especially those who are very interested in bitcoin, will quickly dig deeper into the ins and outs of bitcoin and how it works.

So surely, sooner or later, the people in El Salvador who don't understand about bitcoin, will eventually understand and understand about bitcoin and about everything that is in the system.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
mendace

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2023, 05:20:13 AM

Thats simple, it is an easy task to give drops through a centralized wallet. Just in the case of Chivo wallet it is aimed to give the free drop for the first time. To encourage the people use bitcoin this plan is being aimed and executed. If people were allowed to use any of the wallet and wants the drop it can't, because one person could receive it several times. Just because the chivo wallet does KYC the drops were availed perfectly. Even the data shows that people used Chivo wallet just to spend the $20 in bitcoin and never use it. Same time the usage of bitcoin is increasing around the country. This itself gives a better understanding that people aren't restricted and they can be use wallets of their choice.

Always we can't degrade people as illiterates, the technology advancement have made things easy understandable. Maybe people doesn't know how things work, but the government have come up with different awareness and educational programs that make people good with bitcoin usage.

You are making claims without proof, you have never been to El Salvador and you are not informed of the facts, I can hear it from the way you open up.  The drop was taken by the citizens only once but as you well know in El Salvador as indeed throughout Central America there is an organization of criminals who have used other means to appropriate the drop.  And in any case you could have done it with a wallet like electrum il kyc.  I advise you to take a look at this vlog which explains the situation in El Salvador very well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZn40SZeFjLZpIDp61Kc1Q
romero121
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 06:47:21 AM

You are making claims without proof, you have never been to El Salvador and you are not informed of the facts, I can hear it from the way you open up.  The drop was taken by the citizens only once but as you well know in El Salvador as indeed throughout Central America there is an organization of criminals who have used other means to appropriate the drop.  And in any case you could have done it with a wallet like electrum il kyc.  I advise you to take a look at this vlog which explains the situation in El Salvador very well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZn40SZeFjLZpIDp61Kc1Q

It all depends upon the person involved with the business. Maybe some of the restaurants feel the transaction to be complex due to the lack of proper understanding. I do agree, not everyone are accepting bitcoin into the business. I have never been to El Salvador, and my knowledge about the country is based on the articles I go through and the information shared on YouTube. In the link shared I was able to see a mobile sim store not accepting bitcoin and opposite to the same store another mobile sim card store accepting bitcoin. I've come across a video in which roadside coconut vendor accepting bitcoin. El Salvador Roadside Shop
mendace

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2023, 07:58:26 AM

It all depends upon the person involved with the business. Maybe some of the restaurants feel the transaction to be complex due to the lack of proper understanding. I do agree, not everyone are accepting bitcoin into the business. I have never been to El Salvador, and my knowledge about the country is based on the articles I go through and the information shared on YouTube. In the link shared I was able to see a mobile sim store not accepting bitcoin and opposite to the same store another mobile sim card store accepting bitcoin. I've come across a video in which roadside coconut vendor accepting bitcoin. El Salvador Roadside Shop

It's not just a question of who accepts Bitcoin and who doesn't but it depends on the fact that after the first year of adoption (already with poor results) the entire population and practically almost returned to accepting only dollars.

These guys came back exactly one year after their first visit, I remember well their excitement the first time as I also got some live feeds during their stay but after a year they came back and found many changes, hardly anyone used bitcoin some had even forgot the password to access the wallet.  All this because there has not been an incentive to grow, instead in the bitcoin jungle or bitcoin lake it is working because the adoption comes from the bottom in silence.
Die_empty

Activity: 686
Merit: 992

Give all before death

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 09:31:52 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2023, 09:44:37 AM by Die_empty
Merited by Zilon (2), Jatiluhung (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I don't know where you got the information that the majority of El Salvadorians are illiterate. But according to world bank data, close to 90% of the adult population of the country are literate. There are indeed some obstacles to the quick spread of Bitcoin awareness but you don't expect Bitcoin awareness to be spread in a few months, it will take some time. The government is doing everything possible to ensure that the people understand the new currency and it is yielding positive impacts. Don't also forget that there is strong opposition to this policy from the opposition, anti-bitcoin forces, and international lending organizations. These opposition forces are also doing everything possible to frustrate this Bitcoin policy.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SE.ADT.LITR.ZS?locations=SV

It's not just a question of who accepts Bitcoin and who doesn't but it depends on the fact that after the first year of adoption (already with poor results) the entire population and practically almost returned to accepting only dollars.

These guys came back exactly one year after their first visit, I remember well their excitement the first time as I also got some live feeds during their stay but after a year they came back and found many changes, hardly anyone used bitcoin some had even forgot the password to access the wallet.  All this because there has not been an incentive to grow, instead in the bitcoin jungle or bitcoin lake it is working because the adoption comes from the bottom in silence.
Your analysis doesn't have facts or references to back up your claim. I don't also believe that everybody in El Salvador abandoned Bitcoin and went back to the dollar. It will be proper to assume that many people you know did that because there are millions of people you don't know and some might have embraced bitcoin.

Don't also forget that the bitcoin bear run coincided with El Salvador's legal tender policy. Hence, you will expect some disappointment from the citizens. But do you think there will be an increase in adoption if bitcoin price gets to $60,000 and above?

romero121
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 09:44:46 AM

We can't expect the changes to take place overnight. Maybe there is decline in the acceptance from businesses for different reasons. Same time it is to be agreed that more people are getting educated about bitcoin and starting to use it. Even in this video El Salvador and Bitcoin it is possible to see good number of people favouring the decision of bitcoin adoption, though they haven't used it very rarely. Over time the better usage can be experienced as El Salvador President have just sown the seed. It takes time to grow and turn fruitful and it is possible to see people praising as well as opposing the decision of President Nayib Bukele and it is true that his Nayib Bukele on power have taken the country on the progressive path than downwards.
Who is John Galt?

Activity: 322
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 10:18:50 AM

When a CBDC will be introduced, that thing is most likely not going to be an option and it also probably won't allow you to transfer any of your CBDC out of the network such that you can use your CBDC as you wish, let alone anonymously.

CBDC, despite some possible technical similarities, is not nearly the same as the introduction of bitcoin, even if you take into consideration custodial Chivo Wallet. Because in El Salvador you can use any bitcoin, not only through Chivo. And CBDC implies complete and total control over all the money of citizens. The government seeks to decide whether a citizen can spend his money and on what. And it is much worse even than the existing model. So the decision of the government of El Salvador gives the Salvadorans much more advantages than any difficulties.
Franctoshi

Activity: 784
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 10:22:49 AM

The world would be shocked at how El Salvador Economy will become so rich in the coming future in their decision to Make Bitcoin a legal tender, recently they posted an economic growth as a result of their investment into Bitcoin, and when Bitcoin starts to make a new all time highs and other countries now realized how stable and boosted their economy has become, I do see more countries wanting to FUD into Bitcoin , because some countries are just waiting on the side line to see if they are gonna succeed in taking such decision.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wiwo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 673

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2023, 11:10:44 AM

CBDC, despite some possible technical similarities, is not nearly the same as the introduction of bitcoin, even if you take into consideration custodial Chivo Wallet. Because in El Salvador you can use any bitcoin, not only through Chivo. And CBDC implies complete and total control over all the money of citizens. The government seeks to decide whether a citizen can spend his money and on what. And it is much worse even than the existing model. So the decision of the government of El Salvador gives the Salvadorans much more advantages than any difficulties.
One thing El Salvador have not done is to dive into shitcoining since their made the stand very clear about Bitcoin adoption and the whole developing in El Salvador have been bitcoin oriented which is something most significant for the policy, since they don't want to deviate from the original plan of making bitcoin the only legal tender in and among other cryptocurrency but aside from that El Salvador have been the most crypto friendly country's in contemporary time.

So development of a CBDC is not capture in the El Salvador bitcoin adoption white papers and it has never been a topic of debate at whatever time, so there is no possibility of having a CBDC in El Salvador any moment or in the nearest future.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: