Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you pay with Bitcoin whenever you're able to?
Yes. - 30 (53.6%)
No. - 26 (46.4%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you pay with Bitcoin whenever you're able to?  (Read 1144 times)
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 02:23:24 PM

Not this time, since, it is illegal to use Bitcoin as a means of payment method in my country although Bitcoin is legal as a commodity asset.
And so far, I never use it for global transactions because still doesn't relate to the merchants that I am using.

Why pay with Bitcoin?Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, a savings vehicle.  HODL your bitcoin.,Never lost it.
Sometimes, somebody is willing to use Bitcoin for certain payments or transactions. It is not wrong to use Bitcoin for any payment if it is available. Some countries have also legalized and provided Bitcoins as payment methods inf merchants and also services.
Everybody has their own right to spend Bitcoin; for trading, investing/holding, or even using it for payment. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 02:26:36 PM

I have never used any purchases using bitcoin or any other crypto in any store or company, as it is not available and is still prohibited in the country where I live.
Bitcoin and crypto are only allowed for investment or assets are not allowed to make transactions, but I personally use bitcoin for transactions with friends who are involved with bitcoin or other crypto and he has online trading can make transactions using bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies secretly and there is also providing transparent fiat transactions.
So far I'm converting it to fiat to be able to make any purchases I want and other than that I'd rather keep it than use it unless absolutely necessary.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
perryxi2
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

RangersProtocol.com

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 03:03:02 PM

I am like you every month, I pay BTC for electricity, network money, as well as many other profitable transactions, so I feel BTC has existed in my life quite a lot.

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 03:49:41 PM

Just being honest, most of my Bitcoins are used for paying most of my bills; online payments are available; I convert it to fiat then use it to pay. It is very convenient. I just had those times I regret when the market became bullish. I already adapted to it and didn't feel bad about it.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2021, 04:14:01 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

— Let's have some fun.

I believe that the majority of the forum users want to see Bitcoin being globally adopted, including myself; I imagine people using it in their daily transactions for food, coffee etc. Lightning payments can tackle the scaling issue and the only thing left for Bitcoin to be used as a currency from the whole world is its mass usage. If the adoption rate increased so would the price's standability.

So, do you set a good example and pay with Bitcoin whenever you're able to or do you prefer not to spend your coins? I'll speak my personal view about this, in my country none of the merchants accept it and I rarely buy some hosting services from the internet. If they do accept it, I'll pay for it, but not because it satisfies me; it's just that I can't with PayPal. I'd prefer paying with PayPal for online services, because I may be scammed if they aren't popular.

Not sure why irreversibility is an advantage when you're paying an unknown person online. That's why I'd prefer having a third party for my online transactions.

What I think is just like PayPal has a function to reverse a transaction bitcoin has the same feature which is being able to Double spend any transaction which is RBF.
So it's a necessity to wait for at least 1 confirmation when accepting bitcoin, especially the transaction that's using RBF, I'm not sure if transactions not using RBF can also be used to double-spend but I heard it is possible to.

But waiting for a single confirmation in the traditional network of bitcoin will take at least 6-40 minutes, considering the minimum sat/B fee is paid for it to be included in the next block for sure, which is quite a hassle and you'll have to wait a lot if you're not in luck when using bitcoin to pay to a casual store or cafe, to fix this issue we can have apps that will pay directly to the store after using bitcoin to buy their credits, again you're using a third party to store your bitcoin in form of cash so it's not bitcoin completely but it's the only reason it will work.
ndalliard

Activity: 154
Merit: 177

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 04:38:26 PM

What I think is just like PayPal has a function to reverse a transaction bitcoin has the same feature which is being able to Double spend any transaction which is RBF.
So it's a necessity to wait for at least 1 confirmation when accepting bitcoin, especially the transaction that's using RBF, I'm not sure if transactions not using RBF can also be used to double-spend but I heard it is possible to.

But waiting for a single confirmation in the traditional network of bitcoin will take at least 6-40 minutes, considering the minimum sat/B fee is paid for it to be included in the next block for sure, which is quite a hassle and you'll have to wait a lot if you're not in luck when using bitcoin to pay to a casual store or cafe, to fix this issue we can have apps that will pay directly to the store after using bitcoin to buy their credits, again you're using a third party to store your bitcoin in form of cash so it's not bitcoin completely but it's the only reason it will work.

i disagree. you are completely ignoring second layer solutions

comparing the rbf feature with paypals reversability is also a wide stretch. i wouldn't count transactions in the mempool as final, that is what you basically also say. but no "honest" vendor should accept zero confirmation transactions anyway. or maybe there are some, willing to take the risk
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 04:54:22 PM

Do you pay with Bitcoin whenever you're able to?

Yes, why not. I'm in a country that still has regulation that prohibit the use of bitcoin as a means of payment. But I can still pay anything in bitcoin if the merchant agrees to accept bitcoin as a mean of payment. Previously I've bought voucher from someone several time and sent them bitcoin as a medium of exchange and I think that's okay right?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2021, 05:10:19 PM

comparing the rbf feature with paypals reversability is also a wide stretch. i wouldn't count transactions in the mempool as final, that is what you basically also say. but no "honest" vendor should accept zero confirmation transactions anyway. or maybe there are some, willing to take the risk

Can you explain the second layer solution?
Even if there’s a second layer solution you’re talking about then how will you fix double spend problem with unconfirmed transactions, which is unfixable because you’ll have to wait for 1 conf.. atleast and that will take a lot of time considering the queue of customers behind you waiting for you to make complete your payment, funny.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Of course but most of my purchase using bitcoins are big, probably in my country's currency it would be 6 figures so yes I do spend it on something whenever the opportunity permits to do so. I do hodl still but if I really want or need that thing and I don't have the fiat to buy it and I can buy it using bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, I would grab the opportunity.
I agree, when there are chances to spend BTC instead of fiat, of course, I do it but it never comes at the risk of not being left in the market. While, it's important to HODL it is also just as important to make sure that you can sustain your expanses without getting into unnecessary debt Smiley
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 09:04:07 PM

it's not that I don't want to pay with bitcoin, but my country has.not.ratified bitcoin in.that country, if.later this country wants.to adopt.bitcoin as a legal medium of exchange then I will do the same.thing that I will do to pay for anything I veli with payments.using bitcoin, we currently. cannot.do it because my country has.not yet.adopted it, except for the country of el Salvador which may have adopted.bitcoin as a legal currency as a means.of payment
erep

Activity: 2282
Merit: 589

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 09:15:36 PM

Unfortunately there are no local providers that allow the use of purchases other than using fiat currency, but for global trade I contacted personally for payment transactions using btc or altcoin because the transaction process is very fast making trade time friendly between sellers and buyers, some of the global trades are very responsive when they are paid with btc.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 09:54:34 PM

Well, I would love to use it as payment but unfortunately, --here in my country there are no private establishments that accept bitcoin as a mode of payment but there is an exchange or a local wallet that support it as an E-payment system through fiat but you need to convert your bitcoin into fiat and then use as a payment system, not exactly you will use bitcoin as payment.
However, for me --most likely I will never spend my bitcoin if that is not necessary, I prefer to store it and make the value increase.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 05:41:58 AM

for now we still cannot use bitcoin as a legal medium of exchange for a buying and selling transaction process because my country has not legalized bitcoin as a legal medium of exchange in my country. legal. but if it's already valid I think everyone will also want to do that. moreover we can also use large amounts to make these transactions
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 07:41:52 AM

Unfortunately there are no local providers that allow the use of purchases other than using fiat currency, but for global trade I contacted personally for payment transactions using btc or altcoin because the transaction process is very fast making trade time friendly between sellers and buyers, some of the global trades are very responsive when they are paid with btc.
Well, you can try to use it to buy items P2P, that's what I do whenever I buy a collectible in Facebook Groups or Marketplace, I talk to them if they accept bitcoin or any cryptocurrencies for payment but the only exception is if the price of the collectible are around 4 figures in USD.

tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 11:49:46 AM

Even if there’s a second layer solution you’re talking about then how will you fix double spend problem with unconfirmed transactions, which is unfixable because you’ll have to wait for 1 conf.. atleast and that will take a lot of time considering the queue of customers behind you waiting for you to make complete your payment, funny.

Aren't second layer solutions mainly meant to solve micro transaction problems? Who is going to try a double spend attack for a couple of dollars? I am not quite sure if I understand all of the second layer solutions, but would someone who is willing to double spend attack a second layer transaction also have to have the majority of the hash power?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ndalliard

Activity: 154
Merit: 177

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 02:05:16 PM
Merited by BlackHatCoiner (2)

sorry, i missed your question. you always have to wait for at least 1 conf, transactions in the mempool don't even count as final in my mind. for example on the lightning network you open a channel with 1 transaction on the base layer, you wait for as many confirmations/blocks you like, after that you can use the channel "infinitely" until one day you settle on the base layer (1 more transaction). so if everything works as expected you touch twice the base layer to do "unlimited" transactions inside the channel. you go to the merchant with an already open and confirmed channel, you don't open a channel when you are standing in line to buy something. hope that is clear. the lightning network is fascinating, you should look into it  Smiley (there are other scaling solutions, but i am digging into lightning atm)

Aren't second layer solutions mainly meant to solve micro transaction problems? Who is going to try a double spend attack for a couple of dollars? I am not quite sure if I understand all of the second layer solutions, but would someone who is willing to double spend attack a second layer transaction also have to have the majority of the hash power?

see my answer above, there is no problem with double spends (someone more intelligent than me correct me if i am wrong). and you are right, that second layer solutions are primarly meant to buy a coffee for example, a transaction not everyone running a full node needs to have in its ledger. but that doesn't exclude larger transactions. on the lightning network they removed a limit not long ago, so now there are quit big transactions possible. depends on how you define big, we mostly compare the sats sent to the dollar value, which will go up infinitely in my opinion
BlackHatCoiner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340

Farewell, Leo

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 02:16:58 PM

However, for me --most likely I will never spend my bitcoin if that is not necessary, I prefer to store it and make the value increase.
Unfortunately, that's the “prevailing opinion”. That you should not spend it, until it worths spending it; the problem is that if you don't spend it, it may never worth spending it.  Wink

I am not quite sure if I understand all of the second layer solutions, but would someone who is willing to double spend attack a second layer transaction also have to have the majority of the hash power?
Not exactly.

Well, obviously if someone gained the majority of the hashrate, he could disrupt the main layer which would then disrupt the second. But, straightly for the second layer specifically, you can't double spend funds.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 02:49:17 PM

I don’t use bitcoin for a transaction to an unknown person, the only transactions I make are to people that I know. I have used Bitcoin once for buying something online and the experience wasn’t a good one and I ended up regretting it.

Apart from the fact that you will have to wait for the seller to confirm your transaction, you’re also likely to be scammed, which is one reason why I do prefer making use of other payment methods because you’re going to safe using them, and hardly get scammed because their transactions can be reversed if you happen to be scammed. But if I should see a shop that is accepting Bitcoin as a payment method, for sure I would like to pay with Bitcoin, since you can’t be scammed when it has to do with face to face transactions.

Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1083

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 03:42:12 AM

The truth is many of us bitcoin HODLers seldom use bitcoin to pay for things especially because bitcoin is generally viewed by many as an investment strategy, that is a way to get more from your money due to its high volatility. As a result, many like myself are seeking for ways to get more bitcoin rather than spend from the little we have.

If however i want to transfer money to someone in a far away country, and its a substantial amount, i can convert a part of my BTC HODLings into a coin with a lower transaction fee to send out or make the transfer in BTC if its small and the seller of a service or product i need so demands his payment in BTC.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Tina H

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:28:22 AM

I am very willing to use Bitcoin to pay and even I will encourage my friends around me to pay with Bitcoin. In fact, every very small Bitcoin transaction increases the circulation rate of Bitcoin in the market. I think this is very meaningful. When a currency has circulation and a market, it can become a currency in the true sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: