Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Storage Coins company.. legit or potential scam?!  (Read 814 times)
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3004

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 07:27:53 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2022, 03:03:56 PM by ChiBitCTy

I wanted to finally discuss this company here as I have felt for a couple years now that there is something very fishy/odd going on with them.  As many of you know I am pretty nerdy when it comes to these collectibles as well as have exposed/helped expose quite a few scam companies over the years and this company has followed many patters I have seen before from those types of companies. Yesterday I was doing a search for coins on facebook, because I'm a nerd, and I ran in to this scammy feeling advertisement from "Coin Empire" that is as you can see spewing lies and offering the always legitimate "referral program" where you can make money by helping them sell their coins.. https://fb.watch/6Zhxvr1_wo/   "The first physical bitcoin for the masses, practically guaranteed to make millionaires from home".  Wait, didn't you guys create cold storage coins about 3-4 years ago?!

So here is their "main" website .. https://coldstoragecoins.com/index.html .   They also own and run this site where they sell them there as well.. https://hotco.co/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage&q=bitcoin  ( so now that's 3 sites/companies ) .  Notice they are also the reseller of Roman Booteens replicas.  Why do I bring this up? When they first listed his replica coins for sale they provided a good bit of detail, and mintage numbers..you'll notice now there are no mintage numbers listed anymore.  Even more, the last time I was on the website it showed that all the replicas were sold out and now they aren't?  Huh   Then I ask myself why are they using a multitude of sites/companies to sell their products?  On some of the sites coins are "sold out" and others they aren't.  I had wondered why aren't they producing more of the sold out coins like Potcoin when it sold out relatively quickly AND they told me a year or maybe even two ago that they would be restocking them very soon.  Then I saw the "Coin Empire" advertisement, where they state you will be able to buy them there.

I have contacted this company a multitude of times and never once received anything but very odd/shady service. They posted on their Instagram account about two years ago a new bitcoin coin and said it could be purchased at the Heads or Tails website. I told them I searched the entire site and couldn't find it, their response was "I'm currently flying, but when I land I'll send you the link for it".  So if they are communicating with me via instagram messenger while flying, then why on earth couldn't they take two seconds to go on their own website and grab the link for a potential customer.  It sure didn't shock me that they never got back to me, as they had done so at least 3-4 times in the past with other questions I had.  

They also told me once that they are the original company who designed the MJB coins (does anyone know if they ever had a website where they sold those 1 gram silver coins and the ugly circuit board coins?).  So if that is true, they obviously know this space well, so why are they saying that their cold storage coins are the first of their kind on the Coin Empire site, when they've sold these coins on at least 5 other sites for several years...of course as you can see, more lies.  

Edit: They stole the famous circuit board design from Mick/MJB Momentary Metals, claim that it is their design, and have been profiting off of it ever since.  Mick hasn't made a dime off of the design.  Very unfortunate for MJB.  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23256.240

Another website they utilized to sell their coins- https://www.jmbullion.com/search/?q=cold ... I understand using them to help sell their coins, but why not have these in stock on their own sites at all?  None of this makes any sense.  I also know I've seen them offer these coins on one or two other sites but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

I just wanted to get this all off my chest so that others can become aware of their actions and know that if they do buy these coins, please for the love of god never fund them.   I also wanted to ask if anyone else had ever had any odd or shady dealings with them as well?  Clearly something is not adding up here, I just cant fully put my finger on what their angel is exactly quite yet.  Maybe some Mr Robot could do some website research and perhaps there is pattern to spread their potential risk across multiple countries/companies.  If I was a betting man I would put a good chunk of coin down on the likelihood that they will try and exit scam eventually.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd bet against that. I'd also rather be wrong and no one ever gets scammed, but just in case I'm right, maybe I can save a couple people from a potential scam.  

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts/experiences..

Edit: I have just discovered that their main site  https://coldstoragecoins.com/index.html seems to have disabled the pages where you can see product reviews.  I remember reading a couple reviews a month or two ago where some people had pretty serious issues with the coins but I can't remember exactly what they were, I know one had something to do with the hologram being breached or something to that extent. just to add yet another sign of what I believe to be a scam operation of sorts in it's entirety.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 08:34:35 PM

I used 5 coins to store. As presents. No issues. Claimed 3.
But the glue behind the Holo can be hard to get of so you can scan. And if you use too much force the QR fade.
Cheap. Not the best.

Spokanistan51

Activity: 1720
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 09:02:56 PM

Years back, probably in 2017 or 2018 I used one to store .5 BTC for about a year a so. Redeemed with no issues.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Steeley

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 04:42:05 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (3), Symmetrick (2)

https://www.westword.com/news/bitclub-cryptocurrency-scam-joby-weeks-bitcoin-plea-11839570

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Steeley

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 04:47:23 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2021, 05:13:04 AM by Steeley

Despite the legal troubles of Joby Weeks, I think the company makes good wallets and they have worked for me. Their main distribution strategy seems to sell through retailers versus them being the sole retailer. They are often on Amazon for example.

The legal issues are another venture and it Seems pretty bad, including the severity of  charges against the other people prosecuted with him.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Steeley

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 05:12:30 AM

I read the article I added above, and well, let me say it seems like a pretty scary proposition to use these wallets based on the cast of characters Joby Weeks was running with. 

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 03:04:14 PM

Despite the legal troubles of Joby Weeks, I think the company makes good wallets and they have worked for me. Their main distribution strategy seems to sell through retailers versus them being the sole retailer. They are often on Amazon for example.

The legal issues are another venture and it Seems pretty bad, including the severity of  charges against the other people prosecuted with him.

How is he related to cold storage coins? I know there are photos of the owner on instagram, but currently I'm locked out of my accounts (long story but if anyone know a way to get my accounts back, plz lemme know!)

At the very least this company is completely full of shit, lies about things constantly, and simply practices many unethical and manipulative practices.  Just look at how they sell the Roman Booteen coins.. when first listed they pronounced themselves as "Roman Booteens official replica coin dealer for all coins".  First off that's a lie.  Roman does not have an official replica dealer, as the owner of whomever buys the coin has full rights, but he has no deal in place to sell all of his coins to them.  As I mentioned before they used to have a lot of info about the coin, and most importantly they listed a mintage limit.  Now they have removed the mintage limit from their site, which means they are likely producing more coins, which I believe would be considered some sort of fraud ( any legal eagles could speak to this better than I).  Imagine paying that much for a replica, under the pretense that there was a limited number of coins, and then the company decides to continue to make more. 

At the very least they are an unethical company that provides horrible service and practices many shady business tactics.  I mean just look at what I wrote up, this all makes no sense the way they are operating.  Why was Coin Empire created?!  Why would they not just use one of their other owned sites, cold storage coins or heads or tails?!  Then lying saying they were the first to make coins at a higher scale, and claiming their tiered referral program is going to make many people millionaires.  That is not something a legit company would do or say.  I will be reaching out Coin Empire for an explanation and report back.

I know this market very well, I know how companies set up to exit scam etc..and they are showing every sign of it. If you have any coins loaded on their coins... peel them for the love of god!  You would be absolutely insane to have these coins funded after knowing all of this.  It is not worth the risk!   

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Steeley

View Profile
July 26, 2021, 06:55:58 PM

How is he related to cold storage coins? I know there are photos of the owner on instagram, but currently I'm locked out of my accounts (long story but if anyone know a way to get my accounts back, plz lemme know!)

At the very least this company is completely full of shit, lies about things constantly, and simply practices many unethical and manipulative practices.  Just look at how they sell the Roman Booteen coins.. when first listed they pronounced themselves as "Roman Booteens official replica coin dealer for all coins".  First off that's a lie.  Roman does not have an official replica dealer, as the owner of whomever buys the coin has full rights, but he has no deal in place to sell all of his coins to them.  As I mentioned before they used to have a lot of info about the coin, and most importantly they listed a mintage limit.  Now they have removed the mintage limit from their site, which means they are likely producing more coins, which I believe would be considered some sort of fraud ( any legal eagles could speak to this better than I).  Imagine paying that much for a replica, under the pretense that there was a limited number of coins, and then the company decides to continue to make more. 

At the very least they are an unethical company that provides horrible service and practices many shady business tactics.  I mean just look at what I wrote up, this all makes no sense the way they are operating.  Why was Coin Empire created?!  Why would they not just use one of their other owned sites, cold storage coins or heads or tails?!  Then lying saying they were the first to make coins at a higher scale, and claiming their tiered referral program is going to make many people millionaires.  That is not something a legit company would do or say.  I will be reaching out Coin Empire for an explanation and report back.

I know this market very well, I know how companies set up to exit scam etc..and they are showing every sign of it. If you have any coins loaded on their coins... peel them for the love of god!  You would be absolutely insane to have these coins funded after knowing all of this.  It is not worth the risk!   

Joby's pic is on the web site as one of the four in the team. I think he is the founding investor.

I agree. I think these wallets are a stay away and should be added to the tagged list of this forum with a warning.

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 09:35:45 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2021, 09:51:43 PM by ChiBitCTy

I messaged Coin Empire and asked how they are different than Cold Storage Coins..no reply and now the Facebook page and website seem to be shut down  Huh

BitClub is the biggest scam to date ( I believe), and the owner of cold storage coins is the founder of it. Anyone need any more proof?  I’m guessing some thought I was reaching a bit about all this but I just knew something was up.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2021, 11:52:25 PM

I messaged Coin Empire and asked how they are different than Cold Storage Coins..no reply and now the Facebook page and website seem to be shut down  Huh

BitClub is the biggest scam to date ( I believe), and the owner of cold storage coins is the founder of it. Anyone need any more proof?  I’m guessing some thought I was reaching a bit about all this but I just knew something was up.

Bitclub.... I met a bunch of them at a local event back in early 2018 - very ignorant group of folks, blindly investing in "Bitclub" because they were expecting high returns. These folks that only industrial mining was possible and that no one could possibly mine at home - I started to share pics of my small but adequate mining shack and one of them made a call to the guy who recruited them into Bitclub - he talked to me for 5 minutes and then asked them all to not talk to me any more lol. I guess afraid I might talk them into doing their own mining maybe?  Sadly, while Bitclub did mine and with considerable hashing power, it was no where near what they claimed to have and they pretty much stole 90% of all the investments. Luckily, last I heard all but maybe 1 of them had been arrested and jailed.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 01:29:36 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2021, 02:38:08 AM by ChiBitCTy

Bitclub.... I met a bunch of them at a local event back in early 2018 - very ignorant group of folks, blindly investing in "Bitclub" because they were expecting high returns. These folks that only industrial mining was possible and that no one could possibly mine at home - I started to share pics of my small but adequate mining shack and one of them made a call to the guy who recruited them into Bitclub - he talked to me for 5 minutes and then asked them all to not talk to me any more lol. I guess afraid I might talk them into doing their own mining maybe?  Sadly, while Bitclub did mine and with considerable hashing power, it was no where near what they claimed to have and they pretty much stole 90% of all the investments. Luckily, last I heard all but maybe 1 of them had been arrested and jailed.

This is probably why they are creating these new websites, and not using the official site..they are likely trying to spread out their exposure.  I mean look what they did when I called them out, completely shut down..if not a scam then why would you do that?

They did some work on the site recently.. they took down all the legitimate reviews, and posted all 5 star reviews on the front page...surely all real too  Roll Eyes

What a surprise here ..registered in one place, made in another...

Not trying to hide it ? lol

Lies

Now they have disabled purchases on the site all together, but don't show them as sold out, but still put up fake reviews recently. Lets not forget this is the MJB Monetary Metals coin makers ( who has not posted in 3 years but I see logged in yesterday.. guessing they are now aware of this thread )..they keep changing names, websites, removing things like bad reviews and mintage limits to be able to keep producing etc etc...Only a matter of time.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Steeley

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 01:34:03 AM

I had BTC (small amounts) on two of these coins. I swept them last month after this discussion was started and tossed the coins. Definite stay away for me.

Steeley

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 01:13:39 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2021, 04:02:59 PM by ChiBitCTy

Came across this company which very much reminds me of cold storage coins - https://kryptokeepsafes.com/

Seems they are based out of Australia (ColdStorage has a hub there) but besides that it looks like everything about them and their website is hidden/private. There is no info about the team at all. I first found them on instagram where they made their first post on Oct 4th. They already have 12.3k followers (and have had around that many since the start). These are clearly bought/fake followers, which scammy/dishonest profiles buy and implement all the time. Just look at the followers pages, all have about 7-8 generic posts.. ie fake profiles. I couldn’t seem to find a straight connection between the two companies, but my intuition tells me they likely are another sub company. That means a hill of beans of course..

It led me to digging around for connections between the two and I came across some info I’m embarrassed I hadn’t before.

First their apple app reviews

Then I started searching around for Rearden Metals info. They are the parent company of ColdStorageCoins and a handful or more of other separate but completely related companies (as I’ve stated above in my original post).

Some very interesting info about Rob Gray the owner and owner of several defunct businesses and scam claims from former business partners (Liberty Dollar being one)-

In depth Details of the issues with Liberty - http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=29291

Another detailed write up about Rob- http://www.gatheringspot.net/topic/moneynew-paradigm-finances/free-lakota-bank-good-idea-dont-trust-them

An altcoin issue spoken about here on btalk involving Rob and his former “bank”-  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494105.2300

There’s A LOT more stuff that can be found via a simple google search. The theme is Rob constantly making all these sub companies to escape past defunct businesses , fraud, and corruption. This is why he fled to Singapore and runs everything from there now.

I knew something was up, now here’s a lot more proof that you should not trust these coins. Everything about them is shady, clearly.  

OpenCurrency thread - another one of their many websites, this time talking about the Lakota Bank (which was never actually licensed and is another defunct project with plenty of issues) and how it was going to offer a better alternative to bitcoin. Funny thing is Rob has stated his disdain for bitcoin over the years and since all of his other business bankrupted/went out business etc he’s now on to bitcoin & cryptocurrency storage coins. Note how many complaints in this thread from those who were left empty handed after placing orders with the Mulligan Mint and whatever else. http://opencurrency.com/moving-on-from-mulligan-mint/

Edit: my apologies to MJB Monitary Metals/Mick. ColdStorageCoins told me they designed the famous MJB Bitcoin coin, but in fact they just took the design from them and have been profiting off it ever since as seen in this thread from btalk where Liberty & MJB talk about Rob/AOC/Mulligan Mint etc - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23256.240

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
krogoth

Activity: 1216
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Good hunting Sherlock TY!! We need more people like you to expose scumbags! Thankyou!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 02:10:49 PM

I have 2 anacs slabbed cold storage coins - if I recall, I got them from rxalts  - the funding has been on there since May 2020. Not sure if they were DIY coins or if they were bought funded.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
sweeteye

Activity: 789
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 06:48:50 PM

Nice forensics -- Thank you!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2021, 08:00:37 PM

I don't see where you mentioned it above - but here is the guy supposedly at the head of Krypto Keepsafes

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.hockin.1

and the paypal account associated with the website for krypto keefsafes is tied to the same name "Daniel Hockin"

not sure if this proves/disproves any association with cold storage coins.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Suzuki Matt
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 02:52:04 AM

I don't see where you mentioned it above - but here is the guy supposedly at the head of Krypto Keepsafes

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.hockin.1

and the paypal account associated with the website for krypto keefsafes is tied to the same name "Daniel Hockin"

not sure if this proves/disproves any association with cold storage coins.

Is Daniel connected? I didnt see where KeepSafes was mentioned. I ask because I currently have some Keepsafes and wonder if I sould sweep them.  Huh
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 939
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2022, 04:18:04 PM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (5)

The amazon reviews for this product are even worse.

These coins are a trap

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2022, 04:28:56 PM

Not that it matter much but the 2x1 star reviews posted tell more about the users than the product in my eyes.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: