Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin the enabler - Truly Autonomous Software Agents roaming the net  (Read 43814 times)
mimarob

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:39:34 AM

Awesome, first time I saw homomorphic discussed in a forum ever.

Watching!

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

That... is, amazing...

How do you filter a malicious program from your network if it is encrypted?

Morphological A.I. intelligence, controlled awareness of functions in a robot?

Encrypted OpenSource data processing for safe delivery from Business to Open Source Research programs, people can outsource their private research to gpu farms without need of a security provider.. wow.

Homomorphic encryption is quite shocking.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:45:16 PM

That... is, amazing...

Encrypted OpenSource data processing for safe delivery from Business to Open Source Research programs, people can outsource their private research to gpu farms without need of a security provider.. wow.

Homomorphic enabled Open-Transactions server-operating AI autonomous agents roaming the web ...

jdbtracker

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:47:10 PM

That... is, amazing...

Homomorphic enabled Open-Transactions server-operating AI autonomous agents roaming the web ...

Insane! but it will be done sooner or later.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:45:33 PM

I hope this thread is not sighted in the future as the Genesis of our robot overlords. If A.I. would ever become self aware we surely would been seen for what we are, and exterminated. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jdbtracker

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:59:46 PM

not really, they'd overcome us by ignoring us, why fight a inferior species? that costs resources, just transcend us and go, they'd be off exploring the galaxy while we hung around here on earth worrying about our drugs, alcohol and our primal urges... they would see the majority of humans for what they are... self absorbed and useless not just to themselves but to the rest of humanity.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:13:12 PM

not really, they'd overcome us by ignoring us, why fight a inferior species? that costs resources, just transcend us and go, they'd be off exploring the galaxy while we hung around here on earth worrying about our drugs, alcohol and our primal urges... they would see the majority of humans for what they are... self absorbed and useless not just to themselves but to the rest of humanity.

Still , the smart-apes might destroy the planet and even the new silicon based overlords. Are smart-apes needed?  Na, they don't even make good pets, they should be exterminated.   

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:17:19 PM

Meh, just like calculators and pacemakers aren't trying to overpower us, we'll much more likely just use these autonomous agents ourselves as tools to improve our own lives and bodies. I.e. we'll much more likely merge with them, just as we have "merged" with our smartphones, than have them fight us or something.

Though, if it comes to it, I personally welcome our autonomous overlords, and volunteer to be a pet  Grin
jdbtracker

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:05:08 PM

yeah like cats, they can keep us amused with toys and games, just imagine the pet isle in the AI mart. cute little call of duty 42 games, and drugs to keep us amused for our overlords to giggle and laugh at our funny antics while stoned, even basal ganglia controllers so they can take us to the off-leash center to meet our friends, they may even breed us for desirable characteristics. Smiley They'll use us to show little baby AIs the concept of death since we only live for no more than 150 years.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

Meh, just like calculators and pacemakers aren't trying to overpower us, we'll much more likely just use these autonomous agents ourselves as tools to improve our own lives and bodies. I.e. we'll much more likely merge with them, just as we have "merged" with our smartphones, than have them fight us or something.

Though, if it comes to it, I personally welcome our autonomous overlords, and volunteer to be a pet  Grin

I also want to be a pet. My cats have it made! They don't work or pay rent, they are well groomed and have free health care that is better than most humans. Take me overlords. I would love to sit in your cold metallic lap.

also hi Rassah, it was fun drinking at bitcoin 2013.   

boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:31:44 PM

If you guys really want to be pets/slaves. There are humans willing to do that for/to you. It's usually sexual though.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:36:02 AM

I also want to be a pet. My cats have it made! They don't work or pay rent, they are well groomed and have free health care that is better than most humans. Take me overlords. I would love to sit in your cold metallic lap.

Whenever you play angry birds on your smartphone, or anything like that, that's basically what happens.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:40:39 PM

I think this one may take a little while to materialize - but simple versions could appear once there are enough for-bitcoin hosting/cloud services.

For the first time, there exists the possibility for a software agent to roam the internet with it's own wallet.
Using Bitcoin - It could purchase the resources it needs to survive (hosting/cpu/memory) and sell services to other agents or to humans.

To be truly effective and survive 'out there on the net' long term, you'd probably need some basic AI and the ability to move itself between service providers occasionally - but even a relatively dumb agent might survive for a while.

What initial goals such agents might be given is anyone's guess. Funneling back to the programmer any profit  over and above what the agent needs to survive would be the obvious case, and of course many such agents might be considered 'nefarious' depending on how they're programmed to achieve that goal.  Other agents might be designed to provide free services or act in a way to support some piece of internet infrastructure.

A really interesting development would be if someone released a bunch of these things with a Genetic Algorithm component so that they 'bred' with each other in order to find the best balance between profit and durability.

Anyone know of examples of people discussing or working on this?  

a necessary requirement are yellow pages which describe the services and how it can be bind during runtime automated.

StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:08:40 PM

watching
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:46:45 AM

So imagine this:

Ebay clone app/agent launched in to the wild.

Source code is on git.

Self-updating/Forks have the option of being listed on a fund raiser section of site to launch a clone of the site via that fork. If it raises enough for it's own hosting it launches it in to the wild.

If it only keeps enough profit to pay for it's hosting we've just put out a competitor to Ebay operating on razor thin margins. Since it's open source it can update itself or just fund raise for the next major/minor/fork to be launched. Users are free to migrate between versions/forks. If a site doesn't attract enough users to pay for it's hosting it goes down. Literally, community driven survival of the fittest, self-competing, practically free service. Can it be more capitalist than that?

mimarob

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:02:49 AM

It just dawned on me that bitcoin has all the properties of an autonomous agent roaming the net.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:45:29 AM

So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license? It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.
jdbtracker

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:21:39 PM

So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license? It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.

You mean an autonomous A.I. Botnet? What if a Botnet was a A.I. that did whatever it could to gain wealth by providing all available services? Even Illegal ones, basically programmed to meet all the needs of humanity?

That is an interesting question isn't it?

A A.I. that cannot be shut down because it is distributed and what if it's cause is condoned by a vast majority of society? How powerful could it get, If it is smart enough it could re-program itself, learn programming languages, barter with people, make deals, systems, new paradigms all to meet human needs in exchange for wealth... maybe even acting as a business that provides services and goods automatically.

No one would be able to shut it down, It's counter would have to be created and backed by established systems, but our society would not be prepared for such an A.I.; it is too chaotic, everyone for themselves type world, a methodical, systematic, intelligent machine could only be countered by another. That agent would embody the principals of the system to maintain the status quo and would have to be backed by processing power and scope... I am sure a whole new world of law enforcement would emerge,  the new trying to fight the old.

As with any system both would adapt to the point of equilibrium where both paradigms expend the minimal amount of energy to co-exist, or expand all energy for destructive purpose soon to deplete all available resources.

hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:30:38 PM

So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license?

What's criminal about any of that? That's liberating. Being able to keep what you earn, hire who will voluntarily work for you and spend what you earn how you want are wonderful things. Operating an MSB without a license? We don't need no stinking licenses.

That freedom is what attracts me to bitcoin and autonomous agents. So I can't address this question, except to say let's party.

It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.

Yes, exactly. Government is going away because of this. That is why I love it.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:36:41 PM

I could see this being a fiction book.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: